The Amazing Spider-Man (Movie)

analogue

Proud Member
In 2012 the new Spider-Man reboot called The Amazing Spider-Man will be released. The villian is gonna be The Lizard, Gwen Stacey will be the main love interest and Spider-Man will be using mechanical web shooters.

Cast list (So far)

Andrew Garfield - Peter Parker/Spider-Man
Emma Stone - Gwen Stacy
Rhys Ifans - Dr. Curt Conners/The Lizard
Martin Sheen - Ben Parker
Sally Field - May Parker

tasmtsm57.jpg

Last edited:
cool, thanks for sharing...hadn't seen the pic....looking forward to this :)

I just hope that they get Spider-Man's character right in this movie. Spider-Man is a wise cracker and that's something that the Sam Rami Spider-Man films missed

Tobey Maguire was playing a depressed loser who was on the verge of suicide. That's not Peter Parker/Spider-Man

I really enjoy the Spider-Man films and thought it would be a bad idea to reboot this series, but now I'm curious. The casting seems good and I like that they're having The Lizard be the main villain.

I just hope that they get Spider-Man's character right in this movie. Spider-Man is a wise cracker and that's something that the Sam Rami Spider-Man films missed

Tobey Maguire was playing a depressed loser who was on the verge of suicide. That's not Peter Parker/Spider-Man

^^^^yeah that's what annoyed me about the trilogy........but I do enjoy watching the second one!!!

What i find funny is how so many people say that Spidey went emo when he had the black suit in Spider-Man 3. That was the one time in the Rami trilogy when he wasn't emo. He was more of an emo without the black suit

I like the Spiderman movies. Many ppl didn't like the last movie, which I enjoyed a lot. The second movie, with Doctor Octopus, is my least fave of the movies with Tobey Maguire as Spiderman.

Green Goblin must show up in this film series at some point. He's Spider-Man's arch nemesis

Spider-Man without Green Goblin is like Batman without The Joker

Here are the villians i'd like to see in each film

1 - The Lizard
2 - Electro or Scorpian
3 - Doc Ock
4 - Green Goblin

What I don't like is that PVC suit. It seems it's all about plastic now. Looks artificial to me.

Venom and Carnage are overrated. They are not fit to lick Green Goblin's boots and shine Doc Ock's mechanical arms

That may be true, but it would be very interesting to see a Spidey vs Venom vs Carnage battle in a film.

Apprantly this is a scene that is gonna be in the film.

Some of the film’s humor finally shines through as Spider-Man takes down a carjacker but it’s almost cruel. Spidey is sitting in the back seat of a car the guy is trying to steal. He quips that a carjacker really shouldn’t dress like a carjacker. The carjacker asks if Spider-Man is a cop and Spidey responds, “Seriously. Am I cop? How many cops do you know that wear red and blue tights?” The carjacker tries to run and Spider-Man pins the guy to a wall with his web but then taunts him and keeps slinging webs at the guy. The film clearly wants to explore what a nerdy guy like Peter Parker, who’s never had any power, does when he’s given superpowers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brilliant! This is the Spider-Man i've been waiting for. The wise cracking smart ass

About 7 minutes of footage was showing at comic con and the people who saw it said that Spidey's trademark sarcasam is captured far better here than what it was in the Sam Rami movies.

There was a scene where Spider-Man is fighting a burgler and the burgler pulls out a knife and Spider-Man drops to his knees and says ''Oh no, not a knife. You've discovered my one weakness'' and then Spider-Man continues to shoot webs at the burgler while cracking jokes.

This seems to be alot closer to the original comics than what the Rami films were

We have

Gwen Stacey has Peter Parker's girlfriend
Mechanical web shooters
A sarcastic smart ass Spider-Man

I'm excited for this

i am excited to.it seems better that the other movies.But again from the beginning????there are so many stories in comic books.

i am excited to.it seems better that the other movies.But again from the beginning????there are so many stories in comic books.

That's the only thing that i don't like about this. They're showing Spider-Man's origin story all over again. Do we really need to see it? Most people know of his origin anyway. For his origin all they needed to use was a flashback

yes. a little flashback.what a great idea. not again the same story : (

But it's not the same story. The only thing that's the same is the origin. Apart from that the story is completly different

how can it be different?it is from a comic book.the main story is same.the beginning of spiderman.same food diserved with not the same way??

how can it be different?it is from a comic book.the main story is same.the beginning of spiderman.same food diserved with not the same way??

Things this movie has that the 1st Sam Rami movie didn't:
Gwen Stacey has the main love interest
Mechanical web shooters
A sarcastic smart ass Spider-Man (which is what he should have been in the 1st place)
A story line involving Peter Parker's parents (His parents were not even mentioned in the Rami trilogy)
The Lizard as the villian
Peter Parker working at Oscorp

Spidey: You know if your gonna steal cars don't dress like a car thief
Car thief: You a cop?
Spidey: You seriously think i'm a cop, in this skin tight red and blue suit?

See Sam Rami. THAT'S Spider-Man

^Ah. Makes sense. Couldn't tell from the trailer. It looked like a re-telling of the whole Spider Person story, so I thought they did a do-over with a blonde Mary Jane. =o

I understand this is based on a TV show from I think the 70s which I never watched.

^Ah. Makes sense. Couldn't tell from the trailer. It looked like a re-telling of the whole Spider Person story, so I thought they did a do-over with a blonde Mary Jane. =o

I understand this is based on a TV show from I think the 70s which I never watched.

Movie makers have been influenced by original comics and Ultimate Spider-Man. Not this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbG9SKN7bBA

:D

The villians i'd like to see in the sequals

2nd movie - Electro
3rd movie - Green Goblin (You gotta have him at some point. He's Spidey's arch nemesis. Spider-Man without Green Goblin is like Batman without The Joker)

Back