Tower Heist - Ben Stiller, Eddie Murphy, Casey Affleck [Release: Nov. 4th]

KingMikeJ

Proud Member
Tower Heist is an upcoming 2011 crime comedy film directed by Brett Ratner and starring Ben Stiller, Casey Affleck, Matthew Broderick, Eddie Murphy, Alan Alda, Michael Pena, Tea Leoni and Gabourey Sidibe. Produced by Imagine Entertainment and Red Hour Films, it is scheduled for release on November 4, 2011 by Universal Pictures in the US and Momentum Pictures in the UK.

Tower-heist-movie-poster-hi-res-01-405x600.jpg

When a group of hard working guys find out they've fallen victim to a wealthy business man's Ponzi scheme, they conspire to rob his high-rise residence.

Thanks KMJ! I wouldn't have seen the trailer or heard about it but now I'll probably go see it. That looked so funny! The bit when Eddie found out he was going to steal 20 million! His face :rofl:

Thanks KMJ! I wouldn't have seen the trailer or heard about it but now I'll probably go see it. That looked so funny! The bit when Eddie found out he was going to steal 20 million! His face :rofl:

:lol:

I'm just glad to see Eddie Murphy in one of his classic roles again. Eddie has done enough bad children's movies in the past few years to last a lifetime. Hopefully this will be the beginning of Eddie Murphy's comeback to good movies, not movies that gross $10 at the box office.

Hopefully! He has really gone down hill, in my opinion
Whats your fave Eddie movie? Mines Beverly Hills Cop 2 or 3

It's hard to pick just one but I think Beverly Hills Cop would have to be my favourite. Although Coming To America is a very close second. I had a look on Wikipedia and it seems this will be Eddie's comeback.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uptown_Saturday_Night#Remake
In 2002, it was announced that Will Smith and his production company, Overbrook Entertainment, had secured the rights to the trilogy for remakes to star Smith and to be distributed by Warner Bros. Smith stated that he hoped to get Eddie Murphy, Martin Lawrence and other famous African-American stars to be in the films

I haven't seen the original movie but with Will Smith and Martin Lawrence also starring, it sounds promising. I don't see any reason for Eddie to decline, it's not like he is that busy these days. Martin Lawrence will probably accept as well, the only movie he has coming up is Big Momma's House 4.

Definately! I agree with you about Coming To America. It is a great film

Speaking of Coming to America...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coming_to_america#Remake
Martin Lawrence is reportedly developing a remake; Back to Africa has a similar storyline as the original, but told "in reverse". The film tells the story of a working-class man from Queens, New York (Lawrence) who learns he is the heir to the throne of an African country.

Not sure what to think of that. Martin Lawrence is a great actor and it could be very funny but remaking a classic is never easy. However, I think the "reverse" aspect of it could make it a different film entirely and it would not look as much like a remake. This was first reported in February 2009, so I don't know if Martin abandoned his plans or if he is taking time to perfect the script.

I'm not sure if you've heard anything about this, but a Beverly Hills Cop 4 was in the making for the past few years with Brett Ratner directing. But on November 15, 2010 Brett stated in an interview with MTV that there was still a possibility that they will make the fourth film, but guarantees that it won't be "anytime soon". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beverly_Hills_Cop_4#Future

Could "Tower Heist" be the movie that sends Brett Ratner and Eddie Murphy to the penthouse?

(CBS/What's Trending) - The upcoming "Tower Heist" is receiving a lot of buzz online as its director and one of its stars bring some attention to the comedy thriller. Since Brett Ratner was announced to be producing the Oscars, many speculators are wondering how the telecast will turn out under the helm of a "popcorn director." Ratner, who directed the "Rush Hour" franchise and most recently "Horrible Bosses," has had good luck in box office receipts, but he is by no means a critically-acclaimed director.

With the surprise announcement of his involvement with the Oscoars, many are looking to Ratner's upcoming flick to determine what kind of flavor he will be bringing to the Academy Awards. The aging telecast continues to try and appeal to larger audiences and a younger demographic -- remember when Anne Hathaway and James Franco hosted? We're still trying to forget.

There's also a lot riding for star Eddie Murphy. One upon a time, he was a box office draw; now audiences completely ignoring his flicks. Murphy followed up his Oscar-nominated performance in "Dreamgirls" with three bombs: "Imagine That," "Meet Dave" and "Norbit". The only successful movies he's been involved in the past five years is voicing Donkey in the highly successful, but already established, "Shrek" franchise. A win with "Tower Heist" will be a return to form for the comedian.

This however isn't the first time Murphy's career has been in the slumps. In the mid 90s to 00s, Murphy also experienced backlash at the box office only to be revived by "The Nutty Professor." With an all-star cast including Oscar-nominated actress Gabourey Sidibi from "Precious" and Ben Stiller, "Tower Heist" might be the win the actor needs.

The film itself is a return for Murphy and Ratner to the buddy cop genre that catapulted them both into fame: Ratner for "Rush Hour," and Murphy in "Beverly Hills Cop". Both Ratner and Murphy have a lot riding on this film. It will premieres November 4, just in time for Oscar consideration. But, even if it doesn't get that nod, there could be a big payoff for the director and actor. Here is some of the early buzz on Twitter about the film:

Will you be in line for "Tower Heist"? Let us know on our What's Trending Facebook page or on Twitter @WhatsTrending.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504943_162-20089662-10391715.html

According to an old interview with Brett Ratner, Eddie's dream team for this movie would be Chris Rock, Chris Tucker, Dave Chappelle and Jamie Foxx. Chris Tucker rejected the offer to do standup instead but I wonder what happened with the others..

The movie has now been released, I haven't got a chance to see it yet but it's getting very good reviews and Prince, Paris and Blanket went to see it last night.

Has anyone here saw it yet?

pariisjaxn Paris Jackso?
Y'all wanna go see Tower Heist! It's definitely a movie worth seeing! Promise?

Last edited:
I saw this movie today and it wasn't as funny as I tought it would be. The first part of the movie is funny, but then it gets kind of dopey (my opinion, of course).

Chances of Bret Ratner or Murphy getting Oscar nods are slim to none. :no:

As you may have heard, Brett Ratner has dropped out of producing the Oscars after a "homophobic slur" and being a loyal friend, Eddie Murphy decided not to host.

I'm sure you will all know that rapper/actor Heavy D died this week. He has a cameo appearance in this film so I think we should honour him and his legacy by supporting Tower Heist, his last acting role.

images

Heavy D and Brett Ratner.

Actually just came from seeing this with thrillerchild. Very funny film. It's not going to win any Oscars but it's a good fun to to spend an evening.

Back