Celine Dion talking about Michael on 6/25 in Quebec news (RARE)

MsCassieMollie

Proud Member
Celine Dion talked about Michael on June 25 in the news in Quebec. It was before she heard that the stories of him being sick etc were false.

Translation:
Celine: Its incredible because we lived with him, we grew up with him, its impossible for me. Its such a shock that I can't conceive the thought that he's not among us anymore.

We were about to see him in London.

There's so many images that comes to my mind because when I saw him in the Olympic Stadium, in Montreal, I was nearly dressed like him, I was excited, I was happy to be there. He came to see my show in Las Vegas we hang ouT after the show, he was sitting in my dressing room, he had questions.

I'm trembling a little beacause I'm in shock. Michael Jackson will never die. Of course, its a big shock right now, and I have to tell you, that experiencing that shock and that terrible news, I'm devastated.

Its such a stress to live like that, like an open book in front of a public that loves you. To live like that with this huge pressure its beyond heartbeats. He was preparing this show that we will never see . But the pressure must be so, so, so tremendous that the heart gave up. Its a huge loss for all of us.

TVA: That was his challenge to measure up to the myth. He became a myth, like Elvis Presley and just undertaking this, it must be very stressful.

Celine: It must have been stressful, he was larger than himself, he was larger than life

TVA: You're probably one of the few people on this planet who could understand him, this kind of stress. Its a total and aboslute stress that you have to live in front of others.

Celine: I'm not the only one who understand him but Michael tried in many ways to have a normal life,its a shame (begins to cry).

TVA: Do you have the impression that he managed to have a normal life? We talked to a fan, a reporter from Paris-Match, who said that he hopes that Michael had moments of happiness but he has doubts.

Celine: I have doubts too. Unfortunately.... I don't think it was possible for him live moments of normality.

As you said, like Elvis, taking pills to sleep, pills to wake up, pills to perform... we don't know because Michael Jackson was someone ... we lived with him but did we really knew him?

But I'm sure, and I'm not the only one to think that Michael suffered a lot and its a shame, its such a shame.

TVA: Did you felt when you met him that he was fragile?

Celine: I don't know if I felt this fraily but each time I had the privilege to meet him, there was this sensation of wanting to save him. Of wanting to hold him in your arms and wanting to be close to him. To save from something, don't know from what exactly, but you knew he was hurting, that it wasn't normal. To see him act, react and trying to live, I won't get through what he has done, what he should have done and what he didn't do but we saw, I think, that he was hurting and wasn't living a normal life. We wished it for him but he was worshipped by so many people...Its a life that you wish for no one. I'm in the showbusiness and I love what I do, but there's a price to pay. And each time we pray for not having to pay this price.

TVA: I feel that you're very emotional. when someone close dies, someone who lives a similar situation to yours, it may lead you to change the way you live. Will it lead you to change something, in your career I mean?

Celine: Of course, when it comes to my career, I think, I was lucky to date, to attain the age I have, to have a career who took grear scales and to have my family with me.

Because I think it was hard for Michael to have a stability with his family. I don't want to get into details.

But I think my big success was that emotional stability. In my love life and with my family.

But I feel a lot for his family today. Its a loss for all of us. But I offer my condolences to his family.

Its a huge loss and we have to accept this the best we can but its a person who will live forever.

TVA: I have the impression that actually the scale of the reactions and the liveliness of the reactions around the globe effectively show that its a character who will remain , like Elvis Presley, in the lives of everyone.

Celine: And through his music Michael will live forever. And I felt privileged to meet him.

I wonder what she means with 'What he has done...' the way she speaks of him, she sounds like a true believer of his innocence. So she probably means some of his decisions.

A duet of them two would have been just simply mindblowing.. I love her.

Back