How great did Michael look in This Is It?

analogue

Proud Member
For This Is It i've always felt that Michael looked fantastic. I think that he took a swim in the fountain of youth before he started work on This Is It because he looked like he did in the Dangerous era. Bringing back the curls definatly made him look younger and he was in good health and seemed to be in good spirits.

I showed some members of my family pictures of Michael with curls from 2009 and they thought that those pictures were taken in the early 90's

I didn't have the same impression. He looked way too thin and didn't look his best imo. He looked at his best during the dangerous and history tour. He had more flesh on his bones and looked more healthy.

He looked great and healthy but he was very thin. I think that the curls were the main reason why he looked younger.

I think Michael looked especially great in these pictures (which include few screenshots as well) :)

Last edited:
I don't think Michael looked very well at all. He was WAY to thin.

Guys you have to remember, he was very thin since 2005... People seem to forget this, look at the videos on youtube. Buy yeah them curls suited him way more then straight hair that covered most of his face..

People forget that Michael has always been thin and the guy who did his autopsy said that Michael was healtheir than the average person his age. I'd also say that he was in better shape than alot of teens/people in their 20's.

His autopsy also confirmed that he was at a healthy weight when he died which was 136 pounds. Hell back in the 80's it was said that he weighed 120 pounds.

He looked much better in This Is It than what he did in the 30th anniversary concert in 2001

Wow! I love the pictures MJHDvideos sent. Michael looks beautiful! I don't think he looked too thin. I like thin men ;) (of course as long as it's a healthy thinness, which in Michael's case it was according to the autopsy)

I think Michael is beautiful in TII.I don't know why, maybe because I love him so much, I can't see him less than the most beautiful, sexy and amazing man ever.

And in TII is the essence of beauty, looks so fragile but fascinatingly beautiful.His smile, so humble yet so powerful, I am under a spell everytime I see him smiling.

:heart:

Michael was natural very thin. Look at Thriller era. His legs were just as thin as in TII.

Here is many pics:
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/116029-This-Is-It-rehearsal-pictures

THIS-IS-IT-Outfit-Blazer-with-red-shirt-3-michael-jackson-20974630-328-480.jpg

Last edited:
tumblrlrl152bhht1qieu4k.jpg

296doiq.jpg

He wasn't always thin. During the Dangerous and History tours he wasn't so thin. He looked fuller. See his legs.

^ I think he probably had to eat much during tours for energy. I think he said something like that when preparing for TII, that he should now eat much or else he couldn't have strenght, or something like that..

I hate looking at "this is it" pictures. Knowing what I know now, I just can't. It always worried me how he looked in the last few months.

^ And what exactly worried you? Good or bad about the way he looked?

He was known to be a bit fuller during History era. It was obviously not his natural body type since all years before and after, he was pretty much a skinny guy (and thats not bad).

Legs during Thriller:

thriller2.jpg

Legs during TII:

Michael-Jackson-this-is-it-12252487448.jpeg

I loved that the curls came back. It brought back so many memories:cry:. Still hard you know?

His autopsy showed that he was healthy. I think he just looked tired. They showed different times of him rehearsing the songs and at the beginning I thought he looked strong. He was always thin. If people feel that Michael didn't look well that was Murray's fault. I don't want to drag that in here. He wasn't getting the proper care and rest he needed.

I have both the blue ray and dvd and I don't watch it as much as I thought I would. I watch other dvds more of Michael. It's still hard at times.

Yes he looked great...and based on the terrible autopsy pics that came out he wasnt as skeletal as some people seemed to make it

In my humble opinion, Michael really doesn't look GREAT in This is it and it makes me:boohooto even look at the piccies.

Indeed, Michael looked way better in the HIStory tour and NO not cause of the curls and the gold pants :swoon: but his 'thighs' were fuller and he seemed more energetic...

In TII Michael looked exhausted, drained :worried:

Ah Michael :cry:

We can´t compare HIStory tour with This is it,Michael was more than 10 years older and he hadn´t done concerts for a long time.
You are less energetic when you get older and need more time to get in shape.
This were rehearsals.Michael had much more to give
I think any 50 year old man who tried to dance like Michael whould look more exhausted than Michael did.
I actually underestimated him,I didn´t think he would dance like he did.
I want to see more of it especially the last evenings.

I honestly think he also looked gd.He was lookin thinner than normal but imo he looked thinner in Michael Jackson & friends in 1999.Some parts of TII though he looked tired but for the most part he just looked happy to be doin wot he loves and to c him creating is just amazing.

Impossible to me to say he doesn't look so freaking goegeous in those pics because he indeed does! :yes:
This-is-it-michael-jackson-9574133-1400-788.jpg

large_this_is_it_blu-rayx1.jpg

:stars: :swoon:

Or simply look at my siggy! ;)

Back