Johnny Depp Looks Like Michael Jackson In “Dark Shadows” Set Image?

bluesky

Proud Member
depp1.jpeg
Some images have surfaced of Johnny Depp in the upcoming film adaptation of the classic series, Dark Shadows. The pictures are of him possibly as Barnabas Collins. Over at Badass Digest Devin Faraci said Depp looks like Michael Jackson cosplaying as The Joker and I haven’t been able to shake that description as neither have many others.
Celebuzz has the images.
depp2-400x300.jpg

I have also included below the image of the original Barnabus Collins for comparison. I got to admit the version that Tim Burton seems to be going with Depp seems very off the wall, but should we be surprised by this?
JonathanFridAsBarnabasCollins.jpg

http://www.fusedfilm.com/2011/09/johnny-depp-looks-like-michael-jackson-in-dark-shadows-set-image/

Is he auditioning for mjs bio! lol bizarre.looks nothing like collins

Last edited:
So they are comparing Michael's appearance to Johnny just because he has white make-up.........

......That's offensive.....

......And at the very least it is prejudice............

No way, he doesn't look like Michael there.

He never looked like Michael, especially there. Very insulting.

i think tim burton needs to stop making things look so over the top. Its good for a make believe movie but if he is redoing a classic show like Dark Shadows he needs to stick to something that isn't so OTW. i know he thinks hes all that but really he isn't.

I agree with you Susie, to me it looks like the gangster version of The Mad Hatter than Michael instead. If that guy is implying the alleged look a like due to the fedora and make up, he was on drugs because no one else see it.I'm not familiar with Dark Shadows but looking at Barnabus Colling picture, Tim Burton is insulting him! :doh:

I like Johnny Depp as an actor. But this comparison business here is an insult to Michael, in my opinion. Maybe I'm over-sensitive. But I don't appreciate this at all.

This is ooooooooooooooooooooooooooold news. I remember reading an article of a similar nature a while back, with the same image of Depp and the seemingly inevitable comparison to Michael.

Personally, I don't see it, although Depp looks pretty handsome in that getup.

LMFAO!!! The comparison is funny. For some reason there's something about him that remembers MJ, even though the resemblance is pretty slim.

Michael didn't wear pale white makeup, so no. I've seen this article before, and I don't think Tim Burton intended it that way. Most likely the media just jumped on it.

^ Yeah, looks absolutely nothing like Michael nor reminds me of him.

How offensive!

It amazes me how they still mock MJ like this.

I love Johnny, he has always been my #2 :) This is just the media having a cruel dig at Michael, again, this has nothing to do with either Tim Burton or Johnny Depp. For some reason the press like to make comparisons, like when they tried to say JD had modelled his Willy Wonka on MJ, and Johnny denied it in interviews.

Back