Brooke Shields talks about her relationship with Michael

MsCassieMollie

Proud Member
[h=2]Brooke Shields recently talked about Mike:

Brooke Shields thought she'd lose her virginity to George Michael while listening to Wham - mirror.co.uk

brooke-shields-pic-rex-features-690800032.jpg

Brooke - who turns out to be an absolutely amazing guest - then talked about her relationship with Michael Jackson.

"When I married and had children I became less in his life," she said. "I lived on the east coast, primarily, and he lived on the west coast. Our contact was mostly by phone or writing.

"We met when I was 13, and I never wanted anything from him. I had my own life and my own work, I didn't need anything from him, to get anything from him. He was secure around me. He didn't feel threatened. I had nothing to judge him about.

She added: "We were like little kids in this really adult world and we got to hang onto each other and be little kids. That was a gift."

What else is a gift? This interview.

The Jonathan Ross Show is on ITV1 tonight at 9.30pm.
[/h]

Last edited:
That picture is terrifying.

With that said, this is nothing she hasn't said before. She may not have wanted anything from him when she was 13, but things have changed a lot, haven't they? Without that period in her life to talk about, she'd be entirely irrelevant.

Note: Brooke was born in 1965. She met Michael @ the 1981 Oscars'. She was actually 15 going on 16 in a few months. Don't know why she keep saying that she met Michael at age 13....

Why does she keep talking about him when she has nothing new to say? And maybe Brooke didn't have an agenda when it came to Michael, but I'm sure her mom did.

Well I think when a talk show host ask her about her and Michael's relationship, she has to say somehting right? The question should be, Why do talk show hosts keep on asking about Michael to their guests. So far, she's one of those ppl. that has been loyal to Michael, even after his death…

:lol: @ her mom at having an agenda… Brooke was really famous back then too and bringing her mom in to it?… hmmm. :D

L.o.v.e.
Romi

In all fairness the interview was not about Michael it was just one of the questions asked.
She didnt do the interview to exploit Michael he was just a side note. If a host knows
someone knew Michael they are going to ask and her answers were kind to Michael as always.
Brooke Never exploited Michael and aways talked very respectful about him when asked.

She doesnt jump on the bandwagon and try to imply they had this great love afair like so many do
She keeps it low key and doesnt go into personal details. She focuses on thier youth and how special
it was to be able to be children together in an adult (Hollywood) world they were forced to live in

Michael had a great fondness and love for Brooke regardless.

Whats the problem ? I see nothing :)

300.jackson.shields.062509.jpg

Michael-Jackson-Asked-Me-to-Marry-Him-Brooke-Shields-Reveals-2.jpg

^True, but it seems like it comes up time and time again, and I don't think her answer's gonna change. Reckon that's the media's fault, though, but it seems to me as though pretty much the only thing keeping her relevant is that connection with Michael, and IDK I'm always suspicious. Although, admittedly, she hasn't [to my knowledge] said anything to suggest she's using him to get fame.

Even still, that picture is terrifying. She used to be so beautiful, too... =/

Oh and Cassie's right, she had to be older than 13 when she met Michael, I would think (?) I dunno I don't do math.

Yes she was so pretty in her youth.

Thats not a very good pic of her and our outward appearance does change when we get older. just wait it will also happen to you. :wink: Im not as beautiful and attractive as I once was either. Plus she is terrified of plastic surgery.

Brooke-Shields-5.jpg

Jackson+s+life+in+pictures+TpsYm_E6S39l.jpg

No, I don't think she has to answer any questions about him at all actually. She has the option of refusing.

And while Brooke was famous at the time, I'm sure her people thought being linked with Michael wouldn't hurt anything either.

I don't think bashing her looks is fair at all. We're Michael Jackson fans and we should know better.

Whenever the topic of Brooke Shields and MJ together comes up I immediately think of the Eddie Murphy Raw skit

Last edited:
I don't know why people criticize Brooke here. She was asked a question about Michael and she answered it respectfully. As that being the only thing that keeps her relevant - well, wouldn't then the whole interview be about Michael? I doubt she was invited just to be asked this question about Michael.

Remember the many times when Michael mentioned Brooke in interviews? Brooke didn't mind it either.

Sometimes MJ fans get too defensive about Michael.

What she said, it doesn't bother me. She has never said anything bad about Michael, and it's not like she's a pretentious bandwagon jumper. She has hung-out with Michael from time to time since the early 80's.

I don't think it fair to criticise her appearance. Being fans of Michael Jackson, who was cruelly subjected to plenty of that, we should know better.

I don't know why people criticize Brooke here. She was asked a question about Michael and she answered it respectfully. As that being the only thing that keeps her relevant - well, wouldn't then the whole interview be about Michael? I doubt she was invited just to be asked this question about Michael.

Remember the many times when Michael mentioned Brooke in interviews? Brooke didn't mind it either.

I agree! Isn't it just better that she answers respecfully and says something nice about Michael instead of not answering and making people wondering stupidities?

A positive message about Michael is always welcome.

Last edited:
i'm not sure as i wasn't around back then, and really i don't know much about her but i can see fans feeling upset with people who kept quiet, distanced themselves from him during the trial and refused defending him now suddenly talk about him as if they never left him..... shields seams to be one of them.

Well said. I don't know why people just jumped on her and even criticized her looks. She never said anything bad about MJ. She answered it with respect when asked. It's obvious MJ adored her and cherished their memory together (You can hear the excitement of MJ when he talked about her with Shmuley). I can understand why people being defensive about MJ. However, sometimes people just jumped to anyone if they talk about MJ. Do they all really have purpose behind it? Michael said: In a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe. Not all the people have bad intentions when they talked about him. They might want to share some light about him.

That picture didn't do her justice and she looks great in her age. MJ suffered of people judging his look for so long. I though most of us supposed to have some understanding. I never understand why judging people's looks like this?

I thought that Brooke & Mike looked nice together and yes Brooke was really pretty in her hey day. She didn't just age that well and you're right we as MJ fans should not criticize her. Honestly I wasn't one of those fans that criticized the hell outta her looks.

Yes Brooke did not really use her friendship with Mike to get attention and fame and we all know Mike loved Brooke dearly and Brooke feelings for Mike was sincere.

But I remember on 'The View' when the ladies were discussing Murray, she also said that if it wasn't Murray who administered the drug Michael would have found someone else who would.

It's a shame that Michael and Brooke never got married......they would of made the best couple!!!!

But at least they got to spend some good times together!!!!

I thought that Brooke & Mike looked nice together and yes Brooke was really pretty in her hey day. She didn't just age that well and you're right we as MJ fans should not criticize her. Honestly I wasn't one of those fans that criticized the hell outta her looks.

Yes Brooke did not really use her friendship with Mike to get attention and fame and we all know Mike loved Brooke dearly and Brooke feelings for Mike was sincere.

But I remember on 'The View' when the ladies were discussing Murray, she also said that if it wasn't Murray who administered the drug Michael would have found someone else who would.

Yes Michael loved her dearly. and She never exploited thier frienship or relationship. I dont think she was in love with him like he was with her but its obvious she did love and care for him. they had a lasting friendship.

Actually I kind of agree with what she said, Based on evidence at Murrays trial. I think MJ wanted propoful to sleep becuase he felt nothign else worked for him. . He Even asked his nurse if she could get it and said he would be ok as long as he was monitored. Its just sad he chose Murray :( who didnt watch over him or monitor him or take precautions as he should.

It's a shame that Michael and Brooke never got married......they would of made the best couple!!!!

But at least they got to spend some good times together!!!!

They did make a cute couple and had many years of friendship. I dont know how well suited they would have been for marriage though. She does seem very down to earth and sweet though.

it's a little bit off the top but she could keep herself from saying words like this about Murray even if it's true just because it sounds like she doesn't believe in his guilty or thinks his guilty is not so gross. People especially who was close to Michael have to be more selective talking publically about Murray's case. IMO
And this words "I never wanted anything from him" after Michael's words about her (about that moment when they could be much closer but he deviated) sound a bit ridiculous. :cheeky:
Or she means that she didn't want material interests?

Ppl say that who dont have a clue about the facts of the case. they act like taking diprivan is lethal non stop. when the only reason mj isnt here is because murray thought it more important to talk to his numerous girlfriends than watch his paitent.

all i know is that didnt mj ring her up in the middle of his trial to say sorry when her father died and offered her anything she needed.even when he was going through hell. Shame the same cant be said for others. sums it up that the jacksons invited her to the memorial. i guess that sums up how long ago it was when the famiky actually had a clue about mjs life

all i know is that didnt mj ring her up in the middle of his trial to say sorry when her father died and offered her anything she needed.even when he was going through hell. Shame the same cant be said for others. sums it up that the jacksons invited her to the memorial. i guess that sums up how long ago it was when the famiky actually had a clue about mjs life
omg he actually did that? any source?

the more i learn about him the more amazed i become. i know he had faults but he wasn't from this world for sure. no one would stop and pay attention to another while their own life is upsitedown

Brooke is irrelevant.. and I don't like her. I think she was one of the ones that abandoned MJ when he needed friends. I have no respect for her either.

Ppl say that who dont have a clue about the facts of the case. they act like taking diprivan is lethal non stop. when the only reason mj isnt here is because murray thought it more important to talk to his numerous girlfriends than watch his paitent.

Exactly elusive, the Jackson family had no clue. Why in the world would they invite her to speak when they hadn't been friendly since 1993? and hopefully Brooke followed the trial and realized what Murray did to Mike. Maybe if another doctor would've administered, Mike would be here today.

I don't think she's riding his bandwagon. She has become a respected Broadway actress in her own right. It's so sad that people dismiss a woman in her 40s, as if she's completely over the hill--referring to her as pretty "in her day", as if her time is past. Our youth culture does so much damage to women and girls by expecting them all to look 17.

She's on ITV on the Jonathan Ross Show in a couple of minutes for everyone in the UK.

Yes I still remembered that, Michael was really one kind. Many Michael's friends said one same thing about Michael was He always put others ahead of himself. too bad Michael's most so called friends cannot even show their support when he needed them. Brook was one of the few people around Michael I am not annoyed. I kind like her, probably the standard was quite low. At least she didn't badmouth Michael during his darkest hours to promote herself like some ex did.

I don't think she's riding his bandwagon. She has become a respected Broadway actress in her own right. It's so sad that people dismiss a woman in her 40s, as if she's completely over the hill--referring to her as pretty "in her day", as if her time is past. Our youth culture does so much damage to women and girls by expecting them all to look 17.
I wasn't trying to be mean when I said that, you know. IMHO, I don't think she's ugly now. She just did not age that great IMHO.

U know I don't hate Brooke but, I do find her a bit phoney inregurads to her "relationship" with MJ. I think she tries to downplay what she really felt for him cause it did not turn out the way she wanted it too....if u catch my dift? So she has to come up with ways to explain it away. But, I always found MJ to be more honest about it. That's my opinion about this situation and how I sum up their "friendship! Now movin on! lol

U know I don't hate Brooke but, I do find her a bit phoney inregurads to her "relationship" with MJ. I think she tries to downplay what she really felt for him cause it did not turn out the way she wanted it too....if u catch my dift? So she has to come up with ways to explain it away. But, I always found MJ to be more honest about it. That's my opinion about this situation and how I sum up their "friendship! Now movin on! lol
She does seem a little fake to me, too. She always saying that Michael invited her to the award shows when both Michael & La Toya said she did the inviting. Oh well it is what it is.

Back