Two 'American Idol' auditions last night channels MJ :)

MsCassieMollie

Proud Member
Two 'American Idol' auditions last night channels MJ

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/american-idol-1.811965/sweet-voiced-david-leathers-channels-michael-jackson-as-american-idol-returns-in-savannah-1.3462533

http://www.azcentral.com/thingstodo/music/articles/2012/01/18/20120118american-idol-rewind-colton-dixon-philip-phillips-early-standouts.html#ixzz1jwZnBMq7

A lot of Wednesday's buzz surrounded Philip Phillips, who growled his way with soul through Stevie Wonder's "Superstition" then when instructed to play his guitar, turned Michael Jackson's "Thriller" into hippie-funk. Imagine if that Casey Abrams guy had looked more like Matthew McConaughey and ask yourself if he could win it all.

Last edited:
Didn't really like either of them. The first kid is an ok singer, but I wouldn't have let him through based on his over-inflated ego. MJ was the greatest entertainer in the world, and didn't have 10th the ego of this kid. More singers these days need to become a little more humble and realise that they are not the greatest thing since sliced bread.

The guitar guy is really bad. He sounds like a comedian imitating a rock singer.

The first kid is actually good.

David Leathers is pretty good but he needs to bring it down a notch or two. There's a big difference between confidence and cockiness. Besides, he didn't nail NCSG....the melody was lacking in his voice.
As for the other guy....NO!

That guitar guy reminds me of Bruce Springsteen

That was 8 minutes of my life wasted. Don't like any of them. At all. As for a young Michael? Pfft. Never.

BTW, who's the weird looking judge in the floppy hat?

I liked hearing Never Can Say Goodbye.

The second guy seemed to be copying one of the previous winners of the show who basically stole the show performing an acoustic version of "Billie Jean" that he ripped off of Chris Cornell. So it seems like that guy assumed, "Hm.. I do an acoustic Thriller and I'm in."

I liked hearing Never Can Say Goodbye.

The second guy seemed to be copying one of the previous winners of the show who basically stole the show performing an acoustic version of "Billie Jean" that he ripped off of Chris Cornell. So it seems like that guy assumed, "Hm.. I do an acoustic Thriller and I'm in."

I thought he copied Emily Elbert on youtube

[youtube]cdRP6yhWURE[/youtube]

Back