Officially Declared "Michael Jackson Immortal Day" in Los Angeles.. January 26th, 2012 (UNCONFIRMED)

MJ TinkerBell

Proud Member
Where Michael IS..Is where you will find Me <3
Country
Canada
UNOFFICALLY FOR NOW SEARCHING FOR CONFIRMATION !!

I was doing my merry Michael-ing research and in this new report coming out of LA I found that they had also officially declared "Michael Jackson Immortal Day" in the city of Los Angeles !! I am not confirming this yet as I am still trying to find the article or statement that proves this news article !!! :timer:

WOW !! I just watched the "I'll Be There" Michael Jackson Hand and Footprint Ceremony on Livestream with more then 14,000 other Fans and I feel blessed !! It really freaked me out to see that 1984 Hand and Footprint cast in cement was actually there in Hollywood at this Ceremony !! I started to scream with joy to actually see it there and that we can see it in PERSON so to speak !!! :dancin:

Wow Michael Osmosis Fan-Mily !! I couldn't believe I was seeing it there in the brightest of California days honoring Michael for us all to acknowledge !!!

The KABC-LA TV Blog Article:

1327613405.jpg

Michael Jackson's footprints were immortalized in Hollywood with his kids playing a big part in the ceremony on Thursday, Jan. 26, 2012. (KABC Photo)

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Michael Jackson's hand and footprints were immortalized in Hollywood during an elaborate ceremony on Thursday.

Jackson's three children -- Prince, Paris and Blanket -- placed their father's shoes and a sequined glove into the cement outside Grauman's Chinese Theatre.

1327612207.jpg

The event, which was produced by the executors of Jackson's estate, was aimed at more than just paying tribute to Jackson. The ceremony also marked the Los Angeles run of a Cirque du Soleil production featuring Jackson's music called, "Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour," which is set to open on Friday. Cirque du Soleil announced it will be adding more L.A. performances in August due to high ticket demand.

Other members of Jackson's family attended the event and the cast of the show also performed. Other A-listers like Smokey Robinson and Quincy Jones were on hand to pay homage to the late King of Pop.

Nearly a billion of Jackson's records have sold worldwide. Jackson also had 13 No. 1 songs and was voted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice.

Jan. 26 was officially declared "Michael Jackson Immortal Day" in the city of Los Angeles.

(Copyright ©2012 KABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

The Source:
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/entertainment&id=8519745

:group::heart::bow:

Back