Adrian Grant Visual Versions Question

I think there was 4?

The updated versions just include the years of activity in MJ life that had taken place since the book was last published. Everything else is identical except the cover and perhaps the foreward.

All from memory but hope that helps you.

I also remember Adrian did a book that was more like a magazine really called Making HIStory. It included some interview and an advert for a painting of Michael you could buy. Some lovely pictures in there though. Came with a poster.

Adrian Grant was the guy behind the brilliant Off The Wall fan magazine which began at some point in the late 80's, at the height of MJ's popularity. He also released Live & Dangerous which was primarily photos from the Dangerous Tour, pics from Munich come to mind. He's also the guy who created the tribute show Thriller live. I only have the 97 edition which covers the HIStory Tour & the birth of Prince. It was a brilliant book at the time as I didn't have all the info or the internet but I recommend it. It's laid out very well & great to read all the entries under each date. There's really only one edition to get & that's the latest most up to date one.

The updates I guess were to take into account busy years in MJ's life, and obviously his passing however the 2000 edition doesn't quite fall under that. I think they gave that one the millennium edition title and a lot of people were looking back at the century gone before and taking stock...and cashing in. There's 'millennium' editions of Thriller too right that were numbered...

My favourite is the one with the Man in the Mirror artwork cover - I'm sure it's the first. I spent hours and hours as a boy pouring over every inch of that book back in 1995 learning a lot about MJ.

Adrian Grant was the guy behind the brilliant Off The Wall fan magazine which began at some point in the late 80's, at the height of MJ's popularity. He also released Live & Dangerous which was primarily photos from the Dangerous Tour, pics from Munich come to mind. He's also the guy who created the tribute show Thriller live. I only have the 97 edition which covers the HIStory Tour & the birth of Prince. It was a brilliant book at the time as I didn't have all the info or the internet but I recommend it. It's laid out very well & great to read all the entries under each date. There's really only one edition to get & that's the latest most up to date one.

Yeah, wish I'd have kept my KOP magazines from the 90s. It was how I got most of my info pre-internet days.

I think I've got every issue of KOP in storage and a few OtWs.

Out of curiosity, what were the main fan magazines that floated around in the 90's / early 2000's?

I'd say Black & White magazine and King magazine - and then there were all the smaller very passionate ones from the fanclubs

Back