Russell Crowe says Michael used to prank call him

HIStory

Proud Member
MICHAEL JACKSON USED TO PRANK CALL RUSSELL CROWE
BY @MatT STANGER
There comes a time, around 13 years of age, when we all reluctantly have to accept that it's time to grow out of making prank phone calls.
But it seems that particular epiphany escaped Michael Jackson.

According to Russell Crowe in an interview with the Guardian, the late King of Pop used to call him at all hours to play the childish prank...despite never meeting him in person.

"For two or three ****ing years,” said Crowe when recalling the story.

“I never met him, never shook his hand, but he found out the name I stayed in hotels under, so it didn’t matter where I was, he’d ring up do this kind of thing, like you did when you were 10, you know. ‘Is Mr Wall there? Is Mrs Wall there? Are there any Walls there? Then what’s holding the roof up? Ha ha.’

"You’re supposed to grow out of doing that, right?”

Yes, Russell. Yes you are.

http://www.joe.co.uk/entertainment/michael-jackson-used-to-prank-call-russell-crowe/943

Russell Crowe has no sense of ha ha... Seriously.:D

This is a good example of the Guardian twisting the story to make Michael sound like a 10 year old. I watched Russell Crowe tell this very same story on TV about three or four years ago, and he was dying laughing about it-he thought it was quite hilarious. Especially since he hadn't met Michael. Definitely not irritated by the prank.

Another snippet:

Michael Jackson’s kid-like demeanor is now a notable portion of his legacy, and here is yet another anecdote that professes that the King of Pop was indeed a manchild.

In a recent interview with The Guardian, actor Russell Crowedetailed a very extensive practical joke Jackson played on him. For about two years – during which the two had never met – the singer placed prank calls at Crowe’s hotel rooms.

“For two or three ****ing years,” he said. “I never met him, never shook his hand, but he found out the name I stayed in hotels under, so it didn’t matter where I was, he’d ring up do this kind of thing, like you did when you were 10, you know. ‘Is Mr Wall there? Is Mrs Wall there? Are there any Walls there? Then what’s holding the roof up? Ha ha.’ You’re supposed to grow out of doing that, right?”

Crowe has spoken about Michael Jackson The Prankster in multiple interviews in recent years. Back in 2013, The actor shared another joke the legendary entertainer would call him with.

“He’d ring me and in a strong voice and say, ‘There is an emergency and you need to leave the building.’ I’d ask, ‘Who is this?’ And he’d say, ‘Do not worry Russell, just kidding, this is Michael.'”

http://www.vibe.com/2015/03/michael-jackson-prank-call-russell-crowe/

Heard this on Newstalk this morning (irish radio station). At least they told it the way Russell did and saw the funny side

Out of all the people Michael could have prank called why Russell Crowe? That's so random and hilarious

The random character of it all does make it hilarious, especially since Michael and Russell never met.

Last edited:
This story crops up everytime Russell has a film to promote.

Seen it 5 years ago. Of course back then it was very anecdotal and charming in tone. Now it's got the oddball tag attached. Yawn.

Russell Crowe @russellcrowe · March 31 th

@AODesignArtTech I can see the story about prank calls has upset you. It shouldn't. He enjoyed it and he obviously trusted that I would to.

This story crops up everytime Russell has a film to promote.

Seen it 5 years ago. Of course back then it was very anecdotal and charming in tone. Now it's got the oddball tag attached. Yawn.

True. even Mr.Crow acknowledged that on twitter aswell

Back