Relationship with Diana Ross

MichaelJ1988

Proud Member
What is Michael's relationship with Diana Ross like these days? I've seen plenty of videos from the early 80's where they were singing together and were great friends. Do they remain great friends today?

as far as i know they're still very good friends and very supportive of each other but not as close as they used to be in the '70s and '80s

*sigh* I loooove that vid where MJ comews up on stage with Diana to sing 'upside down'!!!!! Actually, Im gonna go watch it!!! Anyway, I would assume too that they are still friends and supportive and wouldnt speak ill of each other at all. Awwww, I love diana. I wonder if Diana was the only person that Michael liked enough to marry back in the OTW thriller days???

i have nothing to say about the relationship, I don't really want to speculate.

I just wanted the excuse to post this video! (watch it all the way through but 2.02 is the BEST! :lol:)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5Ls3PpNDw-M

Screenshot_1-8.png

How cute is Michael! :D

Last edited:
Oh, he still loves his Diana.

When he released the Ultimate Collection Box Set, this is what he said to her:

DIANA ROSS...I loved you during the "early" years and... I love you even more today...I love you.

He had a crush on her as a kid and loves her as a man. The words that he puts in his music covers shows she will always have a special place in his heart no matter.

She moves him. :yes:

As soon as i saw this topic I was thinking of that video where he jumps onstage to sing upside down with her but I'd never seen that video that Invincible J posted, love it he's holding onto her tight lol I do think they were very close in the early days and that they enjoyed each others company, I don't know about now but I reckon they still have a love for each other-as in friends who experienced alot and will forever be friends even if they do not see each other. Michael's adorable on that clip!

YAY! I looooove how she sticks up for Michael when losers try to be mean!!!!

LOVE IT!

Well I don't think they're as close as they used to be, but I know they still love and respect eachother a great deal. I saw Diana Ross on "The Actor's Studio" last year and she only had good things to say about Michael and went on to say that she not only cared about him, but the entire Jackson family as well.

Last edited:
Aww, he is just too adorable for words! I love how he covers his face and gets all :blush: hehe.
I was going to say Shania Twain got the best seat in the house that night that is until Diana sat on Michael's lap.:wub:

Newish video of Diana Ross speaking about MJ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n04-kuINiDg

Thanks for posting, weather it's old or not it's still semi-recent cause that's how diana looks today. Anyways lol I would assume that Diana and Michael are still in contact/close, things have changed. Michael is a father now and is very tentative to his children and working on new material, Diana is also working on new material aswell and I take it with the responsibility of being a worldwide artist and parents? they have to stay on track it's keeping them astray of one another, to actually get together and catch up. Diana ross was a big influence in Michael's life, she was very important to him as he said qoute: "Diana is my mother, lover and friend" at that time he was still a child, now here he is today a man taking care of his responsibilities, not the same as it useto be but I'm sure they both know the circumstances and understand. :)

Diana actually gets really defensive, doesn't she? I'd never seen that video, thanks for posting. It's obvious that she still cares a great deal for Michael.

I wonder if Michael went to Diana's concert in Vegas this weekend. She was opening for some new hotel there.

Newish video of Diana Ross speaking about MJ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n04-kuINiDg

I love it how she totally puts that idiot of a host into his place when he's trying to make fun of Michael and is trying to make MJ look bad! GO DIANA! :) Thanks for posting this clip...I haven't seen it before!

i have nothing to say about the relationship, I don't really want to speculate.

I just wanted the excuse to post this video! (watch it all the way through but 2.02 is the BEST! :lol:)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5Ls3PpNDw-M

Screenshot_1-8.png

How cute is Michael! :D

Ah, I love that footage from the World Music Awards in Monaco. Michael looked so CUTE and especially during Diana's performance....Ah, you just wanna give him a hug, he looks so cute! And I really hope he finds someone (if he hasn't already) who can put that kind of look on his face. Check out 2:28-2:30 on the first video....His face!!! Aaaawwwwww!!! :wub: So cute!! He clearly has a major crush on Diana. I hope he'll find (or has) someone he can be as crazy about as he is about Diana!!

Last edited:
Michael will always love Diana i remember him saying what a crush he had on her years ago when he was just a young boy. He would blush when he was around her , he was such a innocent little thing. This brings back lots of old memories . Yes They love each other still and always . you can,t stop love like that. Its real

Last edited:
I had never seen the video footage of Michael with Diana Ross (Upside Down), so i went to look on you tube. And it made me think, I'd love to see Michael, looking as he does now, grown up, suave and sophisticated, dancing something like a salsa or a tango. I think that would be HOT!
Or do a movie like Shall We Dance?
riskaa escapes into daydreams....

I love the way that Diana kisses him, touches his face, hugs him, whispers in his ear and strokes his hair. He loves it, and it's nice seeing him respond the way that he does.

His new woman is going to get the same response from him and then some, whether he initiates it, or she does. Just from listening to the way that he sings to her, and about her, says that. Also, it's not going to be tied into glitz and glamour in any way. It's just going to be pure love. The kind that doesn't come very often.

Back