31st January News and Mentionings

magic

Proud Member
Who wants to win tickets to Grammy's which will include Thriller tribute? It's easy, just click the link http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/scp/viewer/index.php?client_id=1186&event_id=20079

Read the rules first ;)

To complete the registration process, please provide the following information.
All fields marked with * are required.
*Email
*First Name
*Last Name
Postal Code
*Phone
*Name the iconic artist who recently celebrated the 25th anniversay of his famous album Thriller. Please Select...ElvisMadonnaMichael Jackson
Select if you would you like to receive the SonyBMG newsletter?

1. This prize draw is run by Yahoo! UK Limited (company number 03244285), 125 Shaftesbury Avenue, London WC2H 8AD, United Kingdom ("Yahoo!").

2. By entering this prize draw, you agree to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, do not enter the prize draw. No purchase is necessary in order to enter the prize draw. You will be responsible for all costs and expenses relating to the prize draw, such as the cost of your accessing the Internet and any other costs associated with your participation in the prize if you win.

3. You must be at least 18 years old and a resident of the United Kingdom to enter into this prize draw and participate in the prize if you win. Employees of Yahoo!, Sony BMG, or any of their group companies or their agencies associated with this promotion are not eligible to enter. Entrants will be deemed to be the natural person to whom the email address (provided on entry) is registered. Only one entry per person is permitted.

4. To be eligible, you must submit your application as detailed on the prize draw entry submission page. Entries must be received no later than 23:59 hours GMT on 3rd February 2008 at which time the offer of this prize draw will end. Yahoo! is not responsible for telephone, network, electronic or computer failures or delays of any kind or for entries that are stolen, misdirected, incomplete, garbled, delayed, lost, late or damaged.

5. Yahoo! will select at random from the complete entries one entrant of the prize draw as the winner on 4th February 2008. The winner will be notified on 4th February 2008.

6. The winner will receive the following prize, courtesy of Sony BMG: two tickets for entry to the 2008 Grammy Awards ("Event"). The prize includes two return economy class flights to LA and three nights accommodation (based on two adults sharing one room) at a three star hotel on a room only basis. The winner will be responsible for all other costs associated with the trip, and for ensuring they have a valid passport and visa for travel to the US. The prize is for adults only and must be taken between the following dates: departing from Heathrow on9th February 2008 and arriving back on 12th February 2008 (although you can extend the trip at your own cost). Please do not enter the prize draw if you cannot travel on these dates.

7. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Yahoo! and Sony BMG retain the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event that the original prize offered is not available due to circumstances beyond their reasonable control.

8. The prize does not include travel costs to and from the departure port, transfers, travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, any applicable taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation or any other costs not explicitly stated in paragraph 6 above to be part of the prize(including spending money).

9. The winner must also comply with Yahoo!'s or the third party supplier's instructions about the prize and any third party supplier terms and conditions (including, without limitation, the Event promoter's terms and conditions together with those set out on the tickets for the Event and the rules and regulations of the Event venue).

10. Every reasonable effort will be made to contact the winner. If a winner cannot be contacted by 4th February 2008, the prize will revert to Yahoo! and may be awarded to another entrant randomly selected by Yahoo!.

11. Yahoo! does not accept any responsibility for any failure by the postal service to deliver the prizes or the winner's failure to accept his/her prize.

12. Yahoo! may use your name and likeness in publicity relating to the prize draw. Otherwise, personal information of entrants will always be used to conduct the prize draw, for participation in the prize and in accordance with Yahoo!'s Privacy Policy, currently located at http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/uk. Further, by entering this prize draw you agree to Yahoo! contacting you from time to time about similar offers or events. You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe each time.

13. By entering this competition you also agree to receive the Backstage newsletter. You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe each time.

14. Yahoo!'s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. These terms and conditions and the competition are governed by the laws of England. Yahoo! may terminate these terms and conditions and the competition (including any prizes) if it becomes necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond Yahoo!'s reasonable control.Watch more Michael Jackson videos

Thanks to Sharon from MJE!

And good luck to everyone!:punk:

And now the mentionings following ;)

Mentionings:

THIS is the moment a group of Thrill seekers hijack-son a London tube train.

Passengers were left open-mouthed when a group of commuters - including a suited man - got up from their seats and performed the dance featured in Michael Jackson's music video for hit Thriller.

The bemused London Underground travellers clapped as the straight-faced group sat down once they had finished.

A Transport for London spokesperson said: "There are clearly occasions, like this, when everyone enjoys being entertained by some talented people.

"There are other occasions where inconsiderate behaviour can spoil a journey for other passengers. Our message is simply that a little consideration to your fellow passengers can make a real difference to everyone."

To watch the video click the link http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article744038.ece

Mills turn to say goodbye

After months of rumours, bosses at the legendary Turnmills have confirmed the venue will be closing for good after Easter.

The sprawling multi-roomed club in Clerkenwell Road, Farringdon, has been a weekly dance music institution for 23 years, but now the lease is up, the landlords plan to redevelop the site, possibly into luxury flats.

Michael Jackson and Alexander O'Neal celebrated their birthdays at the club, Bjork and Madonna (in disguise) regularly turned up at Trade, Robbie Williams and his entourage would drop by at The Gallery and Noel Gallagher and Keith Allen were often propping up the bar at Get Loaded!

http://www.bdrecorder.co.uk/content...sonnewham&itemid=WeED31 Jan 2008 11:43:58:380

Shaun sells his soul to Lemar

From a young age, he wanted nothing more than to be a singer. By his early teens, he had already performed in youth concerts at places like Her Majesty's Theatre and The London Palladium. He was cast in the Michael Jackson musical,Thriller, at the Dominion Theatre in 2006.

http://www.ilfordrecorder.co.uk/con...sonnewham&itemid=WeED31 Jan 2008 10:52:08:270

Musician pitches in for Kenya
AFROFUNK CONCERT IN SAN FRANCISCO WILL BENEFIT SILA'S TROUBLED HOMELAND

t was after coming to the United States that Sila first tried to establish himself as a singer in Washington, D.C. He says, "My dream was to be like Michael Jackson or Babyface and sing R&B and pop music. That's who we saw on TV and heard on the radio back home, and I tried to dress and sing like them.

http://www.mercurynews.com/music/ci_8126557

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1983 - Michael Jackson's "Thriller" was certified Gold and Platinum by the RIAA.

1993 - Michael Jackson performed at the half time show during Superbowl XXVII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK0dhanq-Lo
^^^ watch Superbowl XXVII Michael Jackson's performance:punk: ^^^

thanks i join but if i winn i wont be able to go lol
too expensive hope one of the mjjcommunity members gets to go and writes us all a wondefull eye report!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok so we know for a fact that the grammys will include a thriller tribute ?
that's what yahoo says. The contest agains is help kind a for Michael's fans. See pic on the site and question about Thriller and Michael? That remindsme of WMA actually, remember they also wanted to bring in Michael fans and they did it for the reason:D

although my friend told me it's meant for ppl in UK, I didn't notice that, sorry

I LOOOOOVED the dancing on the tube. It was just awesome! What a great idea! I would love to see that. It made my day, I laughesd so much!

congratulations to the UK for getting this contest. i realize why they got it. there are MJ fans all around the world, but we, around the world have to admit, the UK has shown MJ the type of love that is unrivaled. i hope the usa learns a lesson from this. this is not showing hate for other countries. i'm from the usa, and i saw it how it went down, as fact. i wish i could have entered this contest, and i know a lot of usa citizens do too, but the fact is, the UK charts and other things have shown MJ the most love. or, at least, it sure looks that way. i feel many of us in the usa love MJ, but..i'm just sayin...the UK rocks. nuff said.:punk:

I've removed the R.F. article and following posts in reference to it carry on lol

Just a heads up.TMZ has a pic from yesterday`s sighting.:unsure: And you can see the kids but not Michael he has part of his face covered.

dont post it in here. it was an invasion of michaels privacy. we should not post it here or even go to that site to see it. we should respect michael and his children. they didnt want to be photographed

dont post it in here. it was an invasion of michaels privacy. we should not post it here or even go to that site to see it. we should respect michael and his children. they didnt want to be photographed
I wasn`t going to.I feel the same way about this.:flowers:

congratulations to the UK for getting this contest. i realize why they got it. there are MJ fans all around the world, but we, around the world have to admit, the UK has shown MJ the type of love that is unrivaled. i hope the usa learns a lesson from this. this is not showing hate for other countries. i'm from the usa, and i saw it how it went down, as fact. i wish i could have entered this contest, and i know a lot of usa citizens do too, but the fact is, the UK charts and other things have shown MJ the most love. or, at least, it sure looks that way. i feel many of us in the usa love MJ, but..i'm just sayin...the UK rocks. nuff said.:punk:

Yup! :punk:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/chart_beat/bonus.jsp

January 31, 2008,

Fred Bronson

'STARTIN'' ALL OVER AGAIN: After an absence from the Hot 100 of four years, one month and one week, Michael Jackson returns with "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008," an update of a song that was originally a No. 5 hit a quarter of a century ago. It is Jackson's first title to appear on the chart since "One More Chance" peaked at No. 83 in 2003. Since "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008" bows at No. 81, it is Jackson's highest entry since "Butterflies" flew to No. 14 in 2002.

Back in 1983, the Epic single "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" was a solo effort by Jackson. The remake teams Michael with Akon and is the 47th Hot 100 hit (away from the Jackson 5) for the former and the 19th entry for the latter. Of course, Akon has only been charting since June 2004 and Jackson had his first solo chart entry on the chart dated Oct. 30, 1971, a year-and-a-half to the day before Akon was born.

While "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008" is the first chart entry for Akon in 2008, he had an abundant nine chart entries in 2007. Jackson's most prolific year was 1983, when the original "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" was one of six chart entries.

Thanks for posting the news.

A possible TV Alert - TMZ (tv show) might do something on MJ and the children if you guys are interested.

Thanks for posting the news.

A possible TV Alert - TMZ (tv show) might do something on MJ and the children if you guys are interested.
I would like to see TMZ prosecuted for encouraging the type of abusive comments about MJ's children. There should be a law against it.:(

The show was not "all that bad". All they did was show the picture of Prince and Paris, one of the TMZ people said that they were "cute" and some fat-so on the show was like, "they look nothing like him.." Yeah, ignorant and stupid. Then he said something like "They can't be his children..." Huh? Just because they do not look like him? I wonder if the fat-so looks like his father.... Then he said something like "I know they are his children, but they do not look like him..." I mean, please. This man is trying to have a life and he can't help the fact that his children are now being seen and people still have their ignorant, pathetic opinions and feel the need to judge if Mike's children are his based on their looks. Just stupid. At least they were kind, though.

TMZ never really bashed his children (that really shows their nasty characters) but the comments from their "supporters" have. However, the people who make the comments are some racist goats anyway. Everytime a rapper gets in trouble, they just bashed the heck out of them. It is almost like a modern day lynching. Disgusting.

The show was not "all that bad". All they did was show the picture of Prince and Paris, one of the TMZ people said that they were "cute" and some fat-so on the show was like, "they look nothing like him.." Yeah, ignorant and stupid. Then he said something like "They can't be his children..." Huh? Just because they do not look like him? I wonder if the fat-so looks like his father.... Then he said something like "I know they are his children, but they do not look like him..." I mean, please. This man is trying to have a life and he can't help the fact that his children are now being seen and people still have their ignorant, pathetic opinions and feel the need to judge if Mike's children are his based on their looks. Just stupid. At least they were kind, though.

TMZ never really bashed his children (that really shows their nasty characters) but the comments from their "supporters" have. However, the people who make the comments are some racist goats anyway. Everytime a rapper gets in trouble, they just bashed the heck out of them. It is almost like a modern day lynching. Disgusting.
Thanks. his website is such a nasty place to be. I would be so ashamed to own a site like that. It made me feel dirty. I am going to have a shower. I will never go back there again. I don't like places like that.:huh:

Thanks. his website is such a nasty place to be. I would be so ashamed to own a site like that. It made me feel dirty. I am going to have a shower. I will never go back there again. I don't like places like that.:huh:
TMZ and Perez are 2 of the slimiest web sites around. I don't see how people visit those places. I went to each one time and will never go back. The comments on those sites regarding MJ and his kids or anybody for that matter are atrocious. Sites like that should be shut down imo, but I guess everyone has freedom of speech.

Nice to see wbss enter the billboard chart.

Last edited:
Yeah! WBSS '08' has made it to the Billboard Charts!

How funny it would be if this song went higher than Janet's 'Feedback'? lord the Janet fans would probably just die!lol

I got this article for mjeurope.com

Jackson's Super Bowl Surprise?
Michael Jackson reportedly will make a surprise comeback at the Super Bowl this weekend in TV advertisements to promote the 25th anniversary of "Thriller."
The star is to be honored in a Pepsi commercial, based on the ghoulish "Thriller" video, which will air during the showdown game between the New England Patriots and the New York Giants on Sunday.
The move is a marketing ploy to promote a special anniversary version of the album, and will be followed by a "major TV, radio, online and outdoor advertising campaign," reports the New York Post.
Jackson is also rumored to be among the stars appearing at the Grammy Awards on February 10 alongside Akon, will.i.am and Fergie.
Source: SF Gate

Back