Mtv

Dervla

Proud Member
How come MTV doesn't play music videos anymore. They only show reality TV shows, teenagers birthday partys and crap like that.

I gave up on MTV and most of the other music channels a long time ago. I mostly watch BET Jazz, VH1C and VH1Soul because those channels actually show music video's and play a lot of great music from back in the day.

yeah i completely stopped watching MTV a few years ago.
all they give is the dating reality shows and crap like that
its sick

I know, but if they play videos, it's only the new ones. Unless it's some 'the best videos of the 80's' show or something.
But they rarely play videos, sometimes one between the shows :rolleyes:

Why are they showing reality TV on a music channel anyway? I mean you wouldn't switch on the cooking channels and see a game of Basketball going on

I see more muic videso when I go to American Eagle Outfitters.... (it's a teen clothing store)

Yeah! I hate that.
And because in our television shows only MTV and Finnish music channel Voice I have no choice but to watch MTV :rolleyes:
They should have own TV channel for reality shows and leave music channels alone!
And instead there should be different shows for different kind of music, like 80's, 90's and new music.
It's always the same videos that are running over and over again.. :mad:

Because MTV sucks BIG TIME!

Music Television?

Yeah right.

More like Media Tabloid Vision...

It's just too corny...for stupid teenagers.

I've always wondered why they changed their format. They used to be cool playing videos 24/7. Everybody loved them. Why change from that? Things were going so well.

Last edited:
Same thing here, I don't have MTV but 'Musique Plus' channel.. and it's just stupid reality shows like tila tequila, Paris BFF, Rock of love, American next top model, american best dance groupe, dudesons, jackass, masozen.... I haven't seen any music video on this channel for long (well, since MJ died.. then they remember they were a music channel, but it didn't last very long!)

MTV should be renamed as Crappy Reality Television....

100% agree, I absolutely hate their new format, and "My Super Sweet Sixteen" is a show that I despise so much. :mat: The girls act like total spoiled b-words who think that they are the only popular thing in town when in truth the kids that come to the party are usually the one who only like them cause they are rich. And have parents that are so push over to let their spoiled butts dictate them, in fear that they will ignore them. These girls need to spanked, heck they are the poster girls of bringing corporal punishment back. One that pissed me out so much was a girl who cried (the one that Janet Jackson spoofed on those commercials that I saw on youtube) because she didn't get her really expensive car revealed in time. I thought, there are people who don't have hardly a meal to eat or a roof over thier heads, and she's bitching about a car that was'nt revealed in time. These girls need karma IMHO.

Last edited:
Yea i dont understand that either. Mtv is always playing reality television, and is always showing celebrities having a good time, partying, sleeping around. But most of the viewers are teens that come from middle class families. Thats why they are more rebellious because they like the luxury they see on mtv but cant have in real life because their parents cant afford it. And plus they are just reg teenagers. Theres another channel called, Much Music that plays music vids..I dont know if much music is linked with MTV. but for sure MTV sucks.

Well as far as the regular network they have that block 'AMTV' that plays music videos from 3am - 9am and also whats neat is that they'll play videos new and old. But to see them 24 hours a day you gotta watch MTV Hits or Jams.

f**k Mtv. they have turned in to the worst thing to ever hit the earth. how can they call themselves music television when they dont even mention music or play music anymore? they dont have one show on their at all anymore that plays music.They sold out so bad that they cancelled TRL to make way for more crap!! WTF is up with that?! they didnt start talking about music or playing music until after Michael died and then all of a sudden they talk about him and how he made MTV what is. I really wish there was a way to boycot the hell out of MTV and get a message to them to start playing music again dump those dumbass shows that revolve around doughebags and whores.how many more ppl have to suffer with shows like the Hills and The City?? really.

^^^^^Apparently somebody is watching those shows or they wouldn't be on. I don't have cable and don't like the music that is popular now anyway, so I don't really care what programming MTV has. "I don't want my MTV!". :p

Back