A new "singer" thread - how about Up and Coming Singers You LIKE?

I like Sara Bareilles, too, although I only know one song.

I also like Colbie Caillat (I have her album), if you can still call her "up and coming."

Chrisette Michele is another newbie I like. If you like "retro" stuff, you should check her album.

One singer I believe to be truly underrated is Elisabeth Withers.

nice to see this positive thread. u can't hate on this one..lol

there's this singer whose name i can't remember, who has this curly afro, and she's english. and she plays guitar...darn it..i can't place her name, but she has such a sweet voice. hmmm..maybe when i come back here, i'll remember the name. and hey..if anyone kinda figures out who i'm talking about and comes up with the name, i'll point it out:D..lol

Two up and coming artists i'm feelin right now are Chrisette Michelle and Kid Sister. I think they're talented and have unique styles. Hope to hear more from them in the future.

Last edited:
Sara....she's an awesome talent. Her song "Love Song" really swings...and she has a very good voice. That song is one that you can sing to immediately. I love that song. I kept singing it to myself all day....

But then again, I liked a singer called Rebekah too...she did a song in 1998 called "Sin So Well"....and I loved THAT song too...she didn't go anywhere....

I wish there was a new TV show, kinda like "American Idol" for new up and coming singer/songwriters. I think that would be so awesome...

That's a big hit here at the moment.
I like the video, very creative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHe6RXmRgT8&
I don't know how succesful these guys are around the world, but they're pretty new and I love them. This is Unklejam's video Stereo. Check out their other videos "Love Ya" and "What Am I Fighting For". :)

Wow....I had to go onto Youtube and search for them...but I love them!! Especially the song "Stereo"!!! WOW!!!

great stuff, BJDarling..

i'm really digging their rendition of Stop On By... we need more of those guys on the American scene too.

oh i thought this thread was like 'new' or 'current' artists...i thought that's what they meant.

By up & coming, I assume you mean artist who haven't yet achieved 'success' with a second high charting album or hit:lol: If the later is what you mean, then here's my wish list::wub:

Corine Bailey Rae
Gnarles Barkley
Robin Thicke

Oh-hh & add Norah Jones, (cause I still don't think she's received enough cross chart exposure)

Last edited:
Chris Brown handz downe chea!
awwayz lyke Janet Jackson too fasho
N sum folxx sleep on Baby Bash awready...

There is another up and coming band called "The Hush Sound" that my daughter and I just discovered....they are very good too!

it'll definitely be Adele for me

http://www.myspace.com/adelelondon

check out Chasing Pavements

making UK proud.

i worked at her concert last night shes got a cracking voice.first time i heard her i thought it was a black artist. funny how someone with such a terrible speaking accent can sing so beautifully lol

i worked at her concert last night shes got a cracking voice.first time i heard her i thought it was a black artist. funny how someone with such a terrible speaking accent can sing so beautifully lol

lol thats the same about Amy Winehouse's speaking voice, it's horrible lol

I wouldn't really call them "up and coming", but John Legend and Lyfe Jennings are by far my favorite current artists. And at the same time I say they aren't up and coming, neither is really very powerful on the charts, which is a shame because they are both really great artists with "real" music that speaks to the soul.

I quite like this Swedish artist called Robyn. I think she is doing something different with her songs and she kind of has a sort of Cyndi Lauper influence. She has a unique voice. My favourite songs by her are Handle Me, Be Mine and her new one Who's That Girl.

Back