The offical wrestling thread..News, spoilers and results.

sweet princess

Proud Member
This thread is for spoilers and results from all three show.
the one that has most the spoilers is Smackdown.
Please feel free to discuss.:)

Dark Match:

Vladamir Kozlov b. Jamie Noble with some type of inverted clothesline maneuver.

WWE SmackDown (Air date 3/20)
Mississippi Coast Coliseum in Biloxi, Mississippi

Batista comes out to a huge pop from the crowd to open the show.

(1) Batista b. Deuce & Domino in a total squash match. Batista hit a Batista Bomb on Domino to get the win.

A backstage segment airs with Cherry talking trash. ECW Champion Chavo Guerrero vs. Undertaker is announced for later tonight.

Teddy Long announced that tonight's Diva competition between Cherry, Eve, Michelle McCool and Victoria will be an arm wrestling match. The arm wrestling table was setup in the ring. Victoria beat Eve, Michelle McCool beat Cherry. Michelle McCool beat Victoria. Victoria is the diva eliminated by the fans. Victoria attacks Michelle but she is able to counter and Victoria gets knocked to the outside.

(2) Big Show b. Andy Douglas, Chase Stevens, & an unknown wrestler in a total squash match. Big Show nailed a right hand on Chase Stevens to get the victory.

(3) World Heavyweight Champion Edge b. Funaki in a squash match. Edge mocked Undertaker by picking up Funaki and hitting a Tombstone.

The briefcase above the ring on the cable was for MVP's VIP Lounge which is up next.

The briefcase above the ring on the cable was for MVP's VIP Lounge which is up next. Chris Jericho is announced as the guest. The segment features a lot of verbal sparring. Jericho plays with MVP's name calling him a zit, loser, and a jackass. MVP ends up climbing the ladder and Jericho pushes him off.

(4) Kane vs. Chuck Palumbo ends in no contest. The Great Khali comes out and gives Kane a hard chop and then a tree slam to both. Mark Henry comes out and takes out Khali. He hits a splash on Palumbo and the World's Strongest Slam on Kane. Big Daddy V was not featured in the segment.

(5) WWE World Tag Team Champions The Miz & John Morrison b. Jesse & Festus to retain. Jesse takes a pretty big beating before Festus gets the tag and cleans house. Festus ends up getting thrown out of the ring. The Miz scored the pinfall on Jesse after he hit the Reality Check.

(6) The Undertaker b. ECW Champion Chavo Guerrero in a non-title match via submission. Undertaker dominated throughout until he ended up choking Chavo out. After the match, Edge hits the ring along with Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins. Undertaker attempts a chokeslam on one of the Edgeheads but Edge hits the Spear. All three beat Undertaker up in the ring with chairs.

Batista comes out to make the save. Undertaker and Batista re-gain control as Undertaker gives Edge a Tombstone.

Wrestlemaina 24

I'll be post all the details for WM24.:)

Stone Cold to appear at WM24??

WWE's creative team was told to come up with ideas to incorporate Stone Cold Steve Austin into WrestleMania XXIV. Two ideas that were discussed were a match with Hulk Hogan and Austin being the spcial guest referee for the Big Show vs. Floyd Mayweather match. It is unknown whether either idea was actually pitched to Austin, but he wont be doing either. He is expected to attend the Hall of Fame Ceremony, so there is still a chance he could appear at WrestleMania.

Jeff Hardy and Y2J feud cut off

-- The working plan was for Chris Jericho to engage in a long program with Jeff Hardy, but due to Hardy's suspension, that's obviously off the cards. Also, the Jericho vs. JBL feud was originally programmed to go longer, but the feud wasn't clicking and stylistically, JBL works better with Finlay and Jericho works better with Hardy.

DaveyBoy’s Wrestling Menu – 4 More WM24 Matches Discussed in Detail

Welcome one and all to the 263rd edition of The Wrestling Menu, the column that is sure to satisfy your taste buds when it comes to discussing all things wrestling.

I tossed & turned on whether to do this column today or next week as there are still some details to be worked out regarding the full WrestleMania 24 card, but it suited me a little better today, so I thought I’d run with it & fill in the blanks whenever needed.

We are getting closer & closer to the big dance & with that comes greater expectation for the event. Let’s just hope that in the final week or so before the show, WWE can cap off the build-up nicely & then have a great night in Orlando on March-30. Of course, it would help if they were able to proceed without any further suspensions & injuries. Man, if it’s not one thing, it’s another over the past year or so!

Today’s column will take a similar structure to last weeks. If you have yet to read my column from last Wednesday where I discussed HBK vs Flair, the BunnyMania tag-team match, the World HeavyWeight Title bout & the WWE Championship Triple-Threat match, you may still do so by clicking on the following link: http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2008/articles/1204693551.php

On with the maniacal show…..

[SIZE=+3]APPETIZERS[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]Finlay vs JBL[/SIZE]

Back in my original WrestleMania 24 predictions column last November, I shied away from a Finlay match on the card as I didn't quite believe his face turn was going to take off to any great extent. I still am unsure it has by the way, but at the time I had a lot of feedback suggesting there would be some kind of match involving him pure & simply because Vince McMahon was involved in the angle after being revealed as Hornswoggle's father. Just like my readers predicting a HBK vs Flair showdown 9 months ago, they were spot on once more here.

Of course, no-one in their right mind could have foreseen JBL getting involved in this feud, although many did feel that it would be a tag-team match involving Vince & someone vs Finlay & Hornswoggle. In fact, I'm still a little surprised it hasn't been announced as that & left as a singles bout between the 2 wrestlers. Of course, how things eventuate on the night is a completely different matter as I'm certain that the man with the gigantic grapefruits & the little green bearded one will show themselves at ringside throughout the bout.

The bottom line is that this match-up does practically nothing for me. It comes off as too much like lower midcard filler to me & truthfully needs the entertainment aspect which is to be provided by Vince & Hornswoggle to make it in any way interesting. Otherwise, it's practically going to be an old-school big man match, which is not the best thing to suggest when neither man is all that huge. Of course, the recent addition of having this a ‘Belfast Brawl’ does add something. Hell, it probably doubles JBL’s offensive repertoire. But I’m still unsure it will actually make the match any better.

Don't get me wrong, in the correct circumstances, both Finlay & JBL are good wrestlers who provide excellent depth to the main-event scene of any brand that they are on at the time. But putting them together on a WrestleMania card is asking for trouble in my opinion & I can actually see this being used as the bathroom break in between main-events.

Furthermore, this feud has been too rushed. JBL appeared out of nowhere with practically no reason to when Vince was (for want of a better word) "wrestling" Hornswoggle in a cage match on an episode of Raw not so long ago. I know WWE are playing it off as the reasoning was because he knew the truth about Hornswoggle's father, but it didn't come off as sufficiently logical for mine. And being extra picky, I'm totally confused which brand both JBL & Finlay now represent.

I just don't have any great anticipation for the bout. Hell, I don't even care who wins right now... I haven't even thought about the result. Some further stipulation or gimmick may even be added between now & March-30 for me to care more about it & the match may even be fine on the night as long as it is booked wisely. But WrestleMania is often about feud culmination & if anything, I just see this as another piece in what has been a pretty ordinary puzzle thus far. Because need I remind you that Vince could still have a ba$tard son & we may have to go through what we did last year all over again!

[SIZE=+3]ENTREE[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]Floyd Mayweather vs The Big Show[/SIZE]

I was hoping to know more about this match-up before I wrote about it today & I actually thought long & hard about holding off on this column until next week because of it. Nothing WWE do in setting up a ppv match should surprise me anymore, but the fact that they haven't been clearer in their announcement of what kind of match-up this will be has genuinely surprised me.

Will it be a straight-up singles wrestling bout...??? Does the announcement of one of The Big Show's television wrestling matches last week as an "MMA Match" suggest they could take that path...??? Or will WWE head back to WrestleMania 2 & hold a staged 3 round boxing match...??? Whichever it is, I would have thought that the company would want to have been clearer about it as this is the match that they are strongly promoting to the mainstream media!

As March-30 gets closer & closer, one would have to think that they are going to go with some kind of standard wrestling match. But don't ask me how they are going to book that to be competitive. I never thought I would hear myself saying this, but I think I actually prefer the boxing match. Not a real one of course, but one that is at least made to look sufficiently real. And this is where real life comes into play, as it would not be too much of a stretch to buy Big Show in the role as he apparently trained to be a boxer for the majority of 2007.

One thing I do understand is that WWE haven't had everything go to plan leading up to this match. Their initial thoughts looked to be some kind of tag match pitting Rey Mysterio & Oscar De La Hoya against the heel team of Mayweather & The Big Show. That had to be scrapped when De La Hoya refused WWE's deal. It then wouldn't have surprised me if they thought they could pull off a handicap wrestling match with the 2 little men against the giant. But then Rey goes & injures his arm to put paid to that idea.

So The Big Show vs Floyd Mayweather is what we have left... It's not a shade on the previous 2 match-ups mentioned & it unfortunately has an inferior dynamic about it as Big Show is playing the heel, but many fans want to cheer him. Furthermore, Floyd Mayweather is playing the face. Now while he initially did a decent job of it at 'No Way Out' & the following night's Raw, he practically ruined his face character on Raw last week during a sit-down via satellite interview, when he came off as a cockier heel than MVP.

I actually wonder if after that segment, WWE have decided to change the direction of the feud and ultimately the match itself. If, for example, WWE had no hesitation in allowing Mayweather to emerge from Orlando victorious, they may now be swayed to go the other way & allow Big Show to kick his a$$ (kayfabe-wise of course). Obviously, this is all depending on the contract that Mayweather has signed as you can bet your bottom dollar that a world class athlete such as himself has got a few sub-sections to the section in there.

Unpredictability is at play in this bout at least, even if it is sort of in a silly & almost corny fashion. What I mean by that is expect anything to happen come the night... & it could well be silly. Maybe Mayweather has to win contractually, so WWE use a run-in to get the job done. There is no obvious interferer, so who knows, it could be Mike Tyson... Or Oscar De La Hoya... Or Michael Buffer. I don't know... Just expect anything... To the point where a run-of-the-mill match will most likely end in disappointment & a lack of interest!

[SIZE=+3]MAIN[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]Money in The Bank Ladder Match[/SIZE]

Like the Big Show vs Mayweather match-up, it would have been nice to know all the participants before discussing this match in detail. Where this bout does differ to all others in terms of building up feuds though, is with 8 men involved, even if we only have half the participants known within a few weeks of the event, WWE can still begin the interaction between performers. This can be done to a sufficient level to not only have the match itself hyped, but also have some of the individual little stories within the bout begin to be told.

Ok, first to the main question that everyone wants to know; Who will be the remaining 3 participants attempting to climb a ladder in order to earn a contract that allows the victor a gift voucher for a World Title shot any time within the next year...??? Well, I actually think the fact that we only have 5 wrestlers named may be a giveaway in itself.

The first 2 men I can see being added to the list is ECW babyface CM Punk & ECW champion Chavo Guerrero. WWE were simply waiting for the next chapter of this seemingly never-ending feud with ECW Champion Chavo Guerrero to end. Naming them in the MITBank Ladder Match any earlier may have distracted the attention of the fans away from the ECW Title. Then again, that would presume WWE actually cares about that title enough in the first place, so maybe I am way off with that reasoning. Either way, I think Punk will definitely be climbing away come March-30 & Chavo most likely will be.

I think the final participant will be the man that the company wanted to include in a singles showdown. However, injury sidetracked that idea & this may be the best compromise. The wrestler I am referring to is Matt Hardy. Even if, as reported, Matt Hardy is back to nearing full fitness, can it be risked that basically his first big match back was to be on the biggest stage of them all for a title. I don't think so, as even John Cena was given 2 months worth of time just in case he wasn't quite 100% fit.

Ok, so presuming I am correct, that leaves us with Matt Hardy, CM Punk & Chris Jericho as your 3 faces, while Mr.Kennedy, MVP, Shelton Benjamin, Carlito & Chavo Guerrero get the 5 heel spots in the match. That's decently balanced. Furthermore, it's 8 very talented wrestlers who shouldn't have a great deal of trouble adapting to the match gimmick. And when you think about, the 8 listed above are exactly the type of wrestlers that should be involved in this bout stretching back to practically why the match was started in the first place; A way for midcarders to be given a high-exposure main-event match-up.

But there is another reason that I think is easily forgotten as to why the Money In The Bank match is so important to a midcard WWE wrestler; The opportunity of using the contract over however many months to add to their character. I can't state enough the importance of this as just walking around with that briefcase means that those who are able to can make subtle adjustments to their character which very well could be the difference between main-eventing & midcarding. For a perfect example, see Edge a couple of years back. But even someone like RVD used it very well at the time he had it.

For that reason, the result is crucial here. Make no mistake about it, Jeff Hardy was going into the match as the clear favorite & the most logical to win. But he actually was almost too obvious a winner...??? Remember that losing here doesn't mean you cannot challenge for a World Title. Hell, it is very easy to see a loser in this match challenging before the winner eventually does. So WWE could easily have thrown us a curve ball anyway, have someone else win & then still have anyone else in the bout challenge whoever is WWE Champion over the next couple of months.

But I return to my "adding to their character" comment from before... Who could do with that the most...??? It definitely was Jeff Hardy. But with his recent suspension, that result appears to have been thrown out the window. If I was to name the most obvious 2 it would be Kennedy & MVP, as they could carry around the potentially career-defining briefcase & make proper use of it. But I am still unsure as to which way WWE will proceed. Before the latest breaking news concerning Jeff Hardy, I was willing to suggest it was simply too good of an opportunity to let slip to not have him win. Now, WWE will have to re-adjust just like they have done many times in the past 2 years! I need to think about this one a little more myself.

[SIZE=+3]DESSERT[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]Umaga vs Batista[/SIZE]

Similarly to Finlay vs JBL, this is a match-up that is nothing more than midcard filler in the context of a WrestleMania card. Also similarly to the match-up which I discussed first in today's column, this bout as been fairly rushed with little reasoning behind it other than Vickie Guerrero & William Regal having a little bicker over which was the superior WWE brand. Actually, even that last point was done on the cheap as from memory it was in the form of a letter. Couldn't they have bumped into each other at 'No Way Out'...???

That last point suggests that this match-up may not have been the original plan for both men. I said right from the beginning (back in November) that Batista was going to be a difficult man to place on this card. There just didn't appear to be a clearly defined direction for him leading up to the new year & after he took what was always going to be his failed shot at Edge's World HeavyWeight Title.

But where this differs to the Finlay vs JBL bout is that I actually like the match-up. The main reason for my opinion is that not only have both men been kept rather strong of late, but they have both been impressive in the ring. In fact, it's almost a shame that neither had an obvious bigger direction into WrestleMania 24, but at least WWE have rewarded their good work (especially Umaga as Batista was never going to be left off the card) by giving them a singles bout at the biggest event of the year.

Furthermore, I am quietly confident that the form of the 2 men in conjunction with their explosive wrestling styles & characters will result in a pretty darn good match come the night. Sure, it's not going to be a classic & it's unlikely to be the kind of match-up that the bookers set aside a great deal of time for either, but even though it is filler, there should be no reason as to why it couldn't be good quality filler.

The result will be interesting too. Logic dictates that Batista would be a clear cut favorite & I definitely favor him at the moment. But I just wonder if this won't be the end of the feud as an interbrand match would suggest. There has been talk (even if it is just rumor) of both men switching brands over the past 6-9 months & this could be the time to do it as there would be reasoning for it.

In fact, the whole match-up could be on the WrestleMania 24 card simply for that reasoning. Could WWE be thinking about a potential Batista vs Orton feud on Raw? Or how about a heel turn leading to a WWE Championship feud with Triple H? Furthermore, Umaga has pretty much exhausted all feuds on the Raw brand & a move to SmackDown could see him freshened up at just the correct time. Or maybe I'm getting too far ahead of myself & this was simply a match-up to get 2 in-form wrestlers on to the biggest card of the year.

Ok, that's #263 over & done with. Like last week, I’m certain at least one of the matches discussed in detail today will generate a whole bunch of feedback. Apologies if parts of the column don’t seem to mesh properly as I actually wrote most of it on Monday before Raw & then had to rewrite parts of it due to additions & deletions on certain bouts. And I do know of some late changes to the card regarding the ECW Title & the like, so please don’t feel the need to inform me about those. It’s just that I haven’t had proper time to take all the information in, think about where it leaves the card & modify today’s column.

I still think the best Wrestlmaina i've seen is Wrestlemanin 22 such an awsome PPV

Really?? I only saw the part with taker and henry. BTW who do you think is gonna win, Taker or the ratedr stupid star??

More On Jeff Hardy's Suspension; One More Chance, Details

Written by: Xing Hu - March 11th, 2008

As we reported early this morning, Jeff Hardy has been suspended 60 days from WWE for his second Wellness Policy violation. Here is some more information on his suspension:

- One more violation of the WWE Wellness Policy will result in Jeff Hardy's mandatory release from the company.

- WWE has officially removed Hardy from the WrestleMania preview and he will not be participating in the Money in the Bank ladder match.

- The WWE locker room was informed of Jeff's suspension last night before Raw began. Chris Jericho was told he was to go over Hardy and win the Intercontinental Championship.

The Latest On Batista’s Backstage Reputation

Written by: Tim Brown - March 17th, 2008

Source: ProWrestling.net

Although Batista is hardly one of the most popular guys in the Smackdown locker room, some within the company praise him for his work ethic. He watches matches closely on the backstage monitor at Smackdown tapings and is said to always have a strong desire to improve. It’s said that he respects the business and takes his job seriously, but isn’t the most gifted performer despite his hard work.

As we previously reported Batista rubs some people the wrong way with his attitude. Certain people within the company are very negative on him because they feel that all he really cares about are women and cars.

Orton and Cena Fight After RAW, Big Match for WM 24 RAW

Written by: Kyle Faust - March 18th, 2008

- A commercial aired in the Orlando area last night during RAW advertising Randy Orton and JBL vs. John Cena and Chris Jericho for the RAW the night after WrestleMania 24. This match will likely be a dark main event.

- WWE Mobile aired a video last night of John Cena and Randy Orton in the ring after RAW. Cena went to compliment Orton on their match and extend his hand to be shook. However, the WWE Champion tried an RKO, only to have it countered by a successful FU by John Cena.

- After this week's ECW on Sci-Fi below is the updated card for WrestleMania XXIV. There are no spoilers included in this card. WrestleMania will be live on pay-per-view from the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, Florida on March 30, 2008.

Triple-Threat WWE Championship Match
- Randy Orton (c) vs. John Cena vs. Triple H

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match
- Edge (c) vs. The Undertaker

ECW Championship Match
- Chavo Guerrero (c) vs. Raw/SmackDown/ECW Battle Royal Winner

Money In The Bank Ladder Match
- Ken Kennedy vs. Chris Jericho vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Carlito vs. MVP vs. CM Punk vs. John Morrison

Career Threatening Match
- Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels

Raw vs. SmackDown Match
- Umaga vs. Batista

BunnyMania Lumberjack Match
- Candice Michelle & Maria vs. Beth Phoenix & Melina

Belfast Brawl
- Finlay vs. John "Bradshaw" Layfield

Raw/SmackDown/ECW 24-Man Battle Royal
- Winner gets a ECW Championship shot the night against Chavo Guerrero. Confirmed thus far: Mark Henry, The Great Khali, Big Daddy V, Kane

Big Show vs. Floyd Mayweather

Austin Speaks on Mania Role & More; Stacy and Triple H Notes
Report by Steve Carrier on Mar 19, 2008 - Views: 43
- "Stone Cold" Steve Austin did an interview with Crave Online. When asked about the Ric Flair retirement angle, Austin said, "I haven't really watched enough to see what's going on but I don't think so just because Ric Flair is my favorite pro wrestler ever in the history of the business and [that story is not as good as it could be or should be.]"

Austin was asked if he would have a role at WrestleMania, Austin replied, "I got a pitch thrown at me I wasn't too keen on, turned it down. I'd like to think that I'll be at WrestleMania but obviously I'm not going to be there to wrestle. I'd like to go to Hall of Fame and see the big guys coming in, stuff like that. WrestleMania's always a good time but I think they've got enough full cards. It's not my desire to get back in the ring at this point in my life. I have great memories of everything I did, had a great career, but it's time for those guys and girls to have the spotlight and proceed with their careers. Hopefully I'll have a career somewhat as an actor."

- WWE's creative team was told to come up with ideas to incorporate Stone Cold Steve Austin into WrestleMania XXIV. Two ideas that were discussed were a match with Hulk Hogan and Austin being the special guest referee for the Big Show vs. Floyd Mayweather match. It is unknown whether either idea was actually pitched to Austin, but he wont be doing either. He is expected to attend the Hall of Fame Ceremony, so there is still a chance he could appear at WrestleMania. There's really no telling with WWE and their plans, but Austin spoke on WrestleMania here in an interview that's posted on the site and according to him, an appearance doesn't seem likely.

Long live the Wrestlemania streak

There are plenty of streaks in sports that may never be broken. But there is one streak in sports entertainment that no one will ever come close to breaking.

That would go to Undertaker (Mark Calaway), who now holds a perfect 15-0 record at WrestleMania over the years.

Coming up at WrestleMania 24 on March 30 at the Citrus Bowl, Undertaker will look at add to that streak when he squares off against Edge (Adam Copeland) for the world heavyweight title.

Sure, many of Undertaker's Mania matches have not been that great but it's not been his fault. Just look at some of the guys he had to work with. His match at WrestleMania 9 against Giant Gonzales (Jorge Gonz�lez) was atrocious, and most fans would like to forget about the faceoff with Sycho Sid (Sid Eudy) at WrestleMania 13.

Then again, he has had some memorable moments over the years, including a great match against Triple H (Paul Levesque) at WrestleMania 17. Many people thought he stole that show last year at WrestleMania 23 when he faced Batista (David Bautista).

During his 18 years with the WWE, Undertaker clearly has developed the most successful gimmick ever for a wrestler. There have been clowns and crossdressers, bullies, greasers and even a Gobbly Gooker -- whatever that was supposed to be.

But there has only been one Deadman. It's amazing that a character like this has not only been able to last but thrive over the years. Luckily, the company found the right man for the job.

Standing at 6-foot-10, 'Taker combines a rare mix of athleticism and power that has made him arguably the best big man of all time.

Add to that a creepy look and a simply terrifying stare and you've got one of wrestling's greatest stars.

While he has been the world champion five times, his legacy is what he has done at WrestleMania. It's one that he richly deserves and one that will probably never be matched.

NOT WELL

Scratch Jeff Hardy from the Money in the Bank Ladder Match at WrestleMania. The high-flyer has been suspended 60 days for a second violation of the WWE Wellness Policy.

According to the policy, WWE could continue to use him on events and he would be fined 60 days' worth of salary. However, he already has been removed from the match listing on WWE.com and, while the company has yet to publicly acknowledge this, all signs point to him being pulled from the biggest show of the year.

It's another huge blemish to his checkered track record, which has cost him many opportunities. But this is his most costly mistake.

Over the past few months, Hardy had been arguably the hottest performer in the company. In fact, there was discussion of him winning the WWE title at the Royal Rumble pay-per-view in January. Instead, that was held off with the belief that he would get his first chance at being the world champion sometime after WrestleMania.

That is almost certainly off now -- and he may never reach that dream. He first has to regain the company's trust and that will take a long time and a ton of goodwill.

Hardy will have to walk the straight and narrow just to keep his job -- a third violation of the policy results in automatic termination.

HALL OF FAME

Look for a few more inductees to be announced for this year's WWE Hall of Fame class very soon.

The most likely candidates are legendary announcer Gordon Solie and Eddie Graham, who is best known as the promoter for Championship Wrestling from Florida.

Last edited:
Well, I'm certainly going to add to this thread with this post... :mellow:

John Cena is sexy.

In other news, Stephanie McMahon is going to have a baby!

Steve Austin Says He Has 1 Match Left In Him, Calls Hogan Bitter and Insecure
Submitted by Michael Bluth on Thursday, March 20, 2008 at 1:34 PM EST

Source: thesun.co.uk

Stone Cold Steve Austin was interviewed this week by The Sun. You can listen to the interview online here. Here are the highlights:

-- Austin thinks Jake Roberts and Randy Savage should be in the WWE Hall of Fame.

-- Austin says that when he first got to WWE, he and Shawn Michaels were on good terms. They hung out in the same circles and drank beer together. When Austin's popularity exploded in 1998, Michaels starting acting like a "pr*ck" to him. Austin says Shawn had a bad back at the time, but there were deeper issues than that.

-- Austin on having one more match: “I take that never say never approach to having a last match. For a while I just said: ‘No, it will never happen' but who knows? And I’m not saying this to get everybody up. It would have to be the most perfect set up in the whole world and all the stars to align for it to happen. The chances are few and far between but could it? Damn. Maybe."

-- On Hulk Hogan slamming him: “He’s just a bitter, insecure guy. I give him all the credit in the world, because I’ve watched a lot of his career unfold and the Hulkamania thing was one of the biggest things ever. But believe me I’ve been around the entertainment business since the back end of 1989, and if there’s one thing you’re going to find out it’s that if you’ve got thin skin you’re probably in the wrong business. So there’s not a damn thing Hogan can say to rile me up or charge me up. I’m secure in the career that I’ve had and everything I did. It makes me laugh when he’s got to do that, because I really think it makes him look like a chump.”

anyone heard this album?

http://www.amazon.com/Be-Man-Macho-Randy-Savage/dp/B0000CF348

200px-Randy_Savage_-_Be_A_Man.jpg

:unsure:

and check this out LOL

http://www.myspace.com/****_you_hogan

read the last two paragraphs of his "biography"

anyone heard this album?

http://www.amazon.com/Be-Man-Macho-Randy-Savage/dp/B0000CF348

200px-Randy_Savage_-_Be_A_Man.jpg

:unsure:

and check this out LOL

http://www.myspace.com/****_you_hogan

read the last two paragraphs of his "biography"
He has some really harsh feelings for the hulkster.

Macho5200.jpg
Now it's time to talk about Hulk Hogan Me and Hogan were friends in the late 80's and early 90s but in 1992 that son of a ***** was sleeping in Elizabeths bed and he was ****ing her. I got paranoid so I started locking her in the closet at all the shows so no other wrestler would look at her. She decided she didn't like being locked in the closet but I told her that she would like what I tell her to like and after that remark she filed for divorce. In September of 1992 we offically were divoreced. ulk Hogan left but later came back at WrestleMania 9 and I punched him in the face, and thats why he had the black eye, not because of a skiing accident. Hull Hogan always used politics to beat me and to this day I have never scored a pin fall victory over him. In 2001 I was gonna do an event for a charity to benifit kids with terminal illness and I wanted to make them as much money as I could so I called Hulk Hogan up and he said "I don't give a **** about kids with disease and they arn't gonna infect me and I will only come if I can piss on their graves when they finally croke" Yep he said that word for word. When I was in TNA he said that he was bringing: Steve Austin, Goldberg, and Brock Lesner to TNA and I would be in all their shadows and that cause me to quit even though it was lies and Hulk was not coming to TNA. When I came back I carried a knife with me so that if I saw Hulk Hogan in the back that I could cut him

Last edited:
so I called Hulk Hogan up and he said "I don't give a **** about kids with disease and they arn't gonna infect me and I will only come if I can piss on their graves when they finally croke" Yep he said that word for word. [/COLOR]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

That can't possibly really be Macho Man. It looks like a (really well done) joke account.

Uh, yeah, joke account:

Now im gonna address the Stephanie McMahon rumor, about me taking her virginity backstage at WrestleMania 3 when she was only 14. Well, that is not a rumor, it's a fact. I popped her cherry and then gave it to her in the back door. She snapped into my slim jim, all night long ooooooooooooooooo yeahhhhhhhhhhh

But, an awesome joke account.

oh boy i just went through a ton of wrestling shoot interviews. if you haven't checked out Iron Sheik's shoots, then you ain't lived.

http://tinyurl.com/ytntaj

caution: v strong language.

Predictions for WM24:

BunnyMania
WWE Women’s Champion Beth Phoenix & Melina def. Maria & Candice Michelle

Well, yet again WWE is making sure to include the divas at Wrestlemania. This year’s divas match seems to be filler and only on the card to showcase the WWE’s latest Playboy cover girl, Maria. This match is also a vehicle for Snoop to promote his new album and to give Santino an opportunity to have some comedic moments as well. It’s become commonplace over the past few years for WWE to focus a women’s match around the current Playboy model – outside of WM 22’s excellently booked Mickie James/Trish Stratus championship feud. Both the Women’s title and the Women’s champion Beth Phoenix are only afterthoughts in this match, and that’s a shame because Phoenix has been a dominant champion who deserves better.

I believe that WWE will rectify its ignoring of Phoenix by allowing her to dominate the actual match at Mania. The build up to the match has been all about Maria – she has even overshadowed the returning Candice Michelle. Maria and Candice’s entrance should delight the male viewers, as should Melina’s but once the match begins it’ll be the Glamazon’s time to shine. I figure this match will be short, probably no longer than five minutes in duration in which Phoenix will run roughshod over the Playboy cover girls. Maybe WWE will move towards Candice and Beth restarting their feud over the Women’s title, but I doubt that will be the focus here. The focus will be on the cover girls’ entrance and attire and then on Phoenix re-establishing her dominance.

24 Man Interpromotional Battle Royal

The winner of this battle royal is slated to receive a shot at Chavo Guerrero’s ECW championship later on the WM 24 card. The clear favorite to win this battle royal is Smackdown’s Kane. I don’t believe that anyone on the ECW roster who may potentially take part in this match will win. Kofi Kingston will probably look good. ECW original Tommy Dreamer will probably last close to the end of the match, but fall short. Most of the eligible Raw Superstars, guys like Hardcore Holly, Cody Rhodes and Val Venis, will just be happy to be part of WM 24 and aren’t going to win. I assume that guys like the Great Khali, Chuck Palumbo and Jamie Noble will represent Smackdown – they won’t win either.

The only question is if anyone will upend Kane in this match. I see only two alternatives to a Kane victory. One is the return of Matt Hardy in this battle royal. If Hardy makes a return in this particular match, I could see him coming out on top. The other alternative is a Paul Burchill victory. I think that WWE would be well served to place Burchill on ECW. He will probably quickly get lost in the Raw shuffle, but he could easily become a main event player on ECW. I don’t see this happening however since Burchill appears to be a heel and I don’t think the live crowd would be all that excited for a Burchill/Chavo match.

As for my prediction, I have to say that I believe Kane will win – unless Matt Hardy is in the match. If Hardy is in the match, he’s my pick, but I think there may be another (more logical) spot on this card in which Hardy makes his return. So, I’ll go with Kane as the winner.

ECW Championship Match
Kane def. Chavo Guerrero to win ECW title

I believe that if Kane wins the battle royal, he will go on to defeat Chavo and become the new ECW champion. Many have speculated that Kane is winding down his career, looking to retire in the next year or two. While nowhere near as prestigious as a WWE or World Heavyweight title victory, an ECW championship run for Kane would still be a nice parting gift for an extremely loyal employee who has been willing to do whatever WWE has asked of him. Also, a Kane victory would set up a potentially sweet scenario in which the “Brothers of Destruction” both leave WM 24 as champions if Undertaker goes on to defeat Edge for the WHC. Who knows? Maybe WWE will look to have a WM 20 Eddie/Benoit type moment with Taker and Kane. Chavo is a close associate at the moment with Taker’s opponent, Edge, and it would make sense long term for Chavo and Kane to continue to feud after WM 24, leading to some Taker/Kane vs. Edge/Chavo matchups as well.

Belfast Brawl
Finlay def. JBL

This match should be pretty entertaining if kept reasonably short – ten minutes tops. JBL has not looked impressive in the ring since his return to active competition. However, the brawl stipulation should mask his shortcomings. Finlay also has the skills to bring a quality match out of JBL, so I think the match quality will be fine. Obviously, Hornswoggle will get involved in this match to take his revenge against JBL, but I wonder if Vince will also interject himself into this match. As of late, Vince has distanced himself a bit from this feud and JBL has become the major heel force. I doubt that Vince will have any involvement here and I look for this match to play out pretty predictably. Hornswoggle will get his revenge and allow Finlay to emerge victorious. I don’t see any swerves like a Horny heel turn happening. This match will be a feel good match for the fans as JBL will receive the beatdown he deserves.

Brand Superiority Match
Umaga def. Batista

Typically, faces dominate the big matches at Wrestlemania’s, but the crowd must be cooled down at some point. I figure this is a good match for a heel to gain a victory, so I’m going with Umaga. I wouldn’t be shocked if Batista came out on top since he is still a true main event player in WWE, but I think that Umaga is going to get the rub here that elevates his character to an even higher level. I believe that this will be an excellent match, probably about ten minutes in duration because Umaga and Batista both seem to step up their performance in big matches.

Umaga, despite being a capable monster who puts on great matches, has not had a victory over a top talent for a long time. He’s lost to Triple H, Jeff Hardy, Bobby Lashley and John Cena over the past year or so after debuting with a massive unbeaten streak. Umaga needs to pick up a quality win soon, lest he lose any more credibility. He’s shown that he is far above mid carders, but he has not proven that he can beat main event players in big matches.

Batista, despite losing plenty of title matches last year, is much more secure at the top of the card than Umaga at this point. Like I said, Batista is a true main eventer, and a loss will not hurt his character much. In fact, a loss to Umaga here could ignite a long term feud and Batista needs something to do. He’s pretty much fought everybody on Smackdown, and a feud with Umaga could easily stretch until the next WWE draft or whatever WWE does this year to shake up the rosters a bit. I don’t really see any drawbacks to an Umaga win at all.

Career Threatening Match
Shawn Michaels def. Ric Flair

Some people are starting to believe that Flair will emerge with a win over HBK to continue his career, but I still think that WM 24 will be Flair’s final match. It just makes sense for Flair to go out at the biggest event of the year in a classic match against someone he legitimately respects, than for Flair to win here and lose at a lesser event to a lesser opponent. I expect this match to go around twelve minutes. I think that the match will start off at a slow “feeling out” pace and then build to the climax. I see HBK winning the match with “Sweet Chin Music.” Flair is going down to HBK’s best shot, not some fluky roll up or anything like that.

Will this match go down as one of the best ever? Probably not, but it will be good. The aftermath may end up being the defining moment of WM 24, as I fully expect HBK and Flair to share an emotional handshake and hug while the 80,000 plus crowd gives the “Nature Boy” a standing ovation. Ric will cry – that’s a given, and I doubt that there will be a dry eye in the Citrus Bowl after this one. This might be the match I’m most looking forward to – Flair is my all time favorite wrestler and I want to see him get that last great response from the crowd before retiring. I can’t picture a better finish to an incredible career.

Floyd Mayweather def. Big Show

If you read my previous column, you’re well aware that I don’t think Floyd is worth a $20 mil payday. Now, Floyd’s probably not really making that much, but if he is that’s an insane amount for a celebrity appearance. I figure that Mayweather has to come out victorious here since most celebs win at Mania. Realistically though, Floyd should stand no chance against someone the size of Big Show, unless he plays the cat and mouse game perfectly and lands a quick, lucky shot to fell the giant.

The thing I’m most interested about in this match is the crowd reaction. I assume that the crowd will be solidly behind Big Show, even though he is supposed to be playing the heel. Mayweather just has not connected at all with the WWE audience. He is just too cocky to be a face in wrestling. I understand that cockiness sells in boxing, but Floyd just comes off as a complete jerk in WWE. Another item for interest is Mayweather’s posse. Will they cause trouble at Mania and get into legit fights with any wrestlers, or even Shane or Vince behind the scenes? Mayweather’s posse is another reason that he seems so heelish. What face needs so much backup? It just seems out of place in wrestling where stables are usually comprised of heels.

Well, I’m predicting that Mayweather wins. Show will play the cocky giant and toy around with Floyd too much, allowing him to get in a good knockout shot in a no longer than ten minute match. I bet the match will actually be closer to six or seven minutes and that the entrances and hype will be mad long in comparison. I don’t think that Show will suffer much from a loss here because he can play it off as a fluke and use it as motivation to go on a tear afterward. I’m expecting Show to have a great year and this loss will just be a bump along the way. I don’t expect the crowd to react positively to a Floyd win, unless the knockout blow looks good. If it looks weak, the crowd is not going to be happy at all – hopefully the finish is well though out and practiced in advance. If not, this match could end up being an embarrassment.

Mr. Kennedy wins Money in the Bank Ladder Match

Well, this is the match that should’ve featured the defining moment of WM 24 – Jeff Hardy’s cementing of his main event status. Instead, Jeff is out serving a 60 day suspension for Wellness Policy violations and this match has become quite unpredictable. I think that one could make a good argument for any of the seven participants in the match, but after much thought I believe that Kennedy will come out a back to back MITB winner.

I do wonder if anyone will fill the eighth spot which Hardy vacated. WWE has seemingly decided to make this match a seven person affair, but I think that Matt Hardy stands a really good shot of making his return here and taking Jeff’s spot. It just makes way too much sense not to occur – Matt could restart his feud with MVP and take over for his brother. The only way I see Matt not wrestling here is if he truly is still physically unable to wrestle, or if WWE decides to have him win the ECW championship. If Matt is healthy, I see him having a somewhat major role at WM 24, but I do not think that he will win MITB – WWE is not going to give him Jeff’s push.

While saying that one can make a case for any of the seven announced combatants, I believe that the three favorites are Kennedy, CM Punk and MVP. I don’t believe that Shelton Benjamin or John Morrison have a great chance, nor do I believe in Chris Jericho’s chances. While Jericho is the biggest name in this match, I don’t see WWE making him the MITB winner and IC champion concurrently. I do think it would be awesome if Jericho jumped to Smackdown and competed for the WHC, but I think WWE is going to run with Jericho as IC champ for a long while. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him hold that title for the majority of this year, so no MITB for Jericho.

Punk has a good shot at winning and then jumping up to Smackdown to wrestle for the WHC. MVP would be a solid winner who could legitimately challenge for either the WHC or WWE championship. But, I think that WWE is going to go with Kennedy here, despite the problem of Kennedy promising that he will cash in MITB at the end of WM 24. I say this is a problem because all indicators pointed to Hardy winning MITB and Kennedy making good on his promise would force WWE to re-write the ending to WM 24 (more on that later.) Nevertheless, I see Kennedy winning here, but it won’t be nearly as memorable as Jeff’s win should’ve been.

World Heavyweight Championship Match
The Undertaker over Edge by DQ
Taker remains unbeaten at WM; Edge retains WHC

Yes, I realize that no WM World title match has ended on with a DQ since WM 10, but that streak will come to an end at WM 24 – Taker’s WM win streak won’t, however. Why do I see a DQ finish here? Well, most title matches at WM culminate feuds, but in many ways the Taker/Edge feud is just beginning. They have had some interaction over the past year, but this is the first time that they are actually going to go one on one for the belt (outside Edge’s cashing in MITB against a weakened Taker) and I believe that Edge will live up to his whole “Ultimate Opportunist” persona and get DQed and keep his title. I see this feud continuing into Backlash and possibly beyond – I fully expect to see a no DQ type re match at Backlash between these two as a result of this finish. Also, I just don’t see Edge (or any heel) ending Taker’s WM streak. The guy who has the best shot at ending the streak is John Cena – and I see that happening at WM 25.

Many people have reported that Taker is in line for a long WHC run and that he will be soon feuding with Big Show post WM, but I don’t think that is going to happen. Making Taker the champion may happen down the line, but only after the Edge/Taker feud deservingly runs its course. I think a Taker title win would short circuit what could be an excellent long term feud for Smackdown. And, I would find it odd for Big Show to move directly from getting knocked out by Mayweather to challenging for the WHC – I see Show challenging for the World title at some point this year, but not immediately. I think he will win a feud or two to establish his dominance before moving into a feud with Taker.

There is another possibility that I want to speak about – that Mr. Kennedy would cash in MITB against a weakened Edge at WM. I think this has a really decent shot at happening, but then again, it would short circuit the Edge/Taker feud. Storyline wise, it would be nice to see Kennedy extract some revenge against Edge, who took the MITB away from Kennedy last year. Kennedy could come full circle, but for predictions sake, I will say that I don’t see Kennedy cashing in against Edge in Orlando. I will touch on Kennedy again a bit later in this column.

Will fans be disappointed with the DQ finish to Taker/Edge? Yes, they will, but in the long run it will pay off because Taker/Edge has the possibility of going down as an all time great feud – but only if Edge escapes WM with the title.

WWE Championship Match
Triple H wins WWE title by pinning John Cena

I’ve stated in a previous column that I don’t prefer triple threat main events, but I have enjoyed the build up to this match and find myself looking forward to it a great deal. I’m probably in the minority in that I don’t hate any of the three wrestlers in this match. Most people seem to have strong opinions about Trips, Cena and RKO (usually negative) but I like all three of these guys and would have no problem with any of them leaving WM as champion.

I’m predicting a Triple H victory, but I do want to clarify this by saying that I am picking Trips because I do not believe that he will have the dreaded “last advantage” after next Monday’s Raw leading into WM 24. Typically, whoever has the last laugh going into a big title match comes out the loser and I firmly believe that will hold up here as well. If next Monday’s Raw ends with Trips standing tall over Cena and Orton – then I’m changing my prediction to Cena. But, I don’t see Trips as having the “last advantage.” In fact, I see RKO looking strong going into WM – that helps his character and makes it harder to pick between Trips or Cena winning.

Some people have started purporting that RKO will retain here, but I do not see that happening, especially with my predicting that Edge is escaping WM with the WHC. No way will two heels leave WM as World Champion. So, Trips or Cena must win here. Why am I going with Triple H over Cena? I believe that Triple H is due to have another run with the WWE title and that he needs to come out on top in a big match involving Cena, lest it become apparent that Cena completely owns him. In the last three big matches in which Trips and Cena squared off (WM 22, Backlash 06 and Royal Rumble 08) Cena has gotten the better of “The Game.” I still think there is big money to be made in a Trips/Cena II singles match, but only if H evens up the score a bit.

I don’t just believe that Trips will be the guy to get the victory here, but that he will pin Cena to win the title. I think it’s far too predictable for Orton to take the fall here, but I think WWE will move to have a Trips/RKO feud post WM 24. RKO will have the benefit of claiming that he lost the WWE title without ever being pinned and I see a Backlash match between Trips and Orton taking place.

But, where will that leave John Cena after WM 24? Well, remember, I predicted that Mr. Kennedy will win the MITB match, but I don’t think he will cash in his chance at WM 24 despite saying that he will do so. (Could you imagine how funny it would be if Trips dropped the belt to Kennedy right after winning the triple threat match? How could it even be possible that Trips’ twelfth world title reign would be shorter than his eleventh?) I envision Kennedy’s music hitting and Kennedy coming down to the ring after this match ends, seemingly to face Triple H, only to climb the steps and say something like “not yet” and walk away. I think this would be a great if after each WWE title match on PPV if Kennedy would come out and act like he was about to cash in, but keep putting it off. It would be an interesting way to lead to an eventual Triple H/Kennedy match – that’s for sure. But, until cashing in MITB I see Kennedy feuding with Cena. This will give Cena something to do near the top of the card, but it will allow him to go off and film his next movie as well.

Con-Chair-To in Edge minor

ILOXI, Miss. – With just nine days remaining until WrestleMania XXIV, World Heavyweight Champion Edge sent the strongest message in the struggle for momentum heading toward March 30, destroying Undertaker with a vicious Con-Chair-To.
Earlier in the night, the Rated-R Superstar defeated Funaki in non-title action, going so far as using The Phenom’s signature Tombstone to get the win. The Ultimate Opportunist mocked his WrestleMania opponent with Undertaker’s movements; rolling his eyes, letting his tongue hang down and pinning Funaki with The Deadman’s signature cover. Edge then promised our fans, “Tonight, I step up to a whole new level.” The cocky World Champion added, “By the end of the night, you’ll all realize what I am capable of.”
Edge and his Rated-R entourage, Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder, accompanied ECW Champion Chavo Guerrero to the ring for Chavo’s one-on-one encounter with Undertaker. The Deadman stared at Edge at ringside with each punishing blow he delivered to Guerrero, sending his own message to the man he looks to unseat in nine days: The Phenom wants the gold.
Undertaker picked up the victory despite the distractions at ringside, when he applied his new submission maneuver to the “Mexican Warrior,” once more drawing blood from an opponent. After the win, however, Edge, Hawkins & Ryder immediately attacked, hoping to dismantle The Phenom before the Citrus Bowl blowout. For the second time in three weeks, as Undertaker appeared to have things in hand, Edge seized the ultimate opportunity and delivered a spear to take down The Deadman.
The trio then capitalized, using a 3-on-1 steel chair battering to keep down the dangerous Deadman and allowing a crazed Edge to administer a thunderous Con-Chair-To to Undertaker – much like he did when he cost The Phenom the gold at Survivor Series. As the World Champion destroyed the challenger to his title, he made it very clear that Undertaker’s undefeated WrestleMania streak would come to an end at his hands – and the champion, like him or not – presents a very strong and believable case.
On SmackDown, Edge showed our fans and Undertaker the lengths he would go to keep the gold around his waist, but now he may find himself face-to-face with Undertaker and the fury of The Phenom. As first seen on WWE Mobile on AT&T, the “master manipulator” has even darker plans for Undertaker next week, as he alluded to with his fiancée, SmackDown General Manager Vickie Guerrero.
With The Granddaddy of Them All is right around the corner, which Superstar will get the final message across when SmackDown emanates from Fayetteville, N.C., next week – the last stop on The Road to WrestleMania?

Awww, I heard about it, but never got to see pictures! Aww, how cute is he! :wub:

Last edited:
Preview for RAW

Official RAW Preview (3/24): Pure Pedigrees
Submitted by Michael Bluth on Monday, March 24, 2008 at 12:23 AM EST

Source: WWE.com

Preview: Pure Pedigrees
March 24, 2008

Triple H clearly relished his night in charge last week.

After punishing John Cena and Randy Orton by pitting them against the entire Raw roster last week, The Game added injury to insult by laying out both of his WrestleMania foes with Pedigrees. With less than two weeks before The Granddaddy of Them All, what will the three warriors poised to compete for the WWE Championship do this week to get a leg up on their competition at the main event?

In other Raw action, The World’s Largest Athlete sent his WrestleMania opponent, Floyd “Money” Mayweather, another message by manhandling eight-time Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho just a week after tossing The World’s Greatest Fighter from the ring. The intimidation game has escalated dangerously in the weeks leading up to WrestleMania. Just how far are the WBC welterweight champion and the former WWE Champion willing to go to gain an edge?

Also, JBL continued to provoke his WrestleMania opponent, Finlay, when he pummeled the Irishman’s fellow countryman, Colin Delaney. Having already stooped to new lows, what will the self-proclaimed “wrestling god” do next? And just what steps will Finlay take to exact his revenge?

I just showed my friend these pics and she showed me this article.

W-O Newsletter reader Luca Franchini from Sky Sports in Italy sent in word that John Cena was in town to promote the Royal Rumble pay-per-view. Cena taped a one hour interview with Luca and the folks at Sky that will air tomorrow at 6:30PM CET on Sky Sport 2. In the interview, Cena said that he’s hoping to be involved in some way shape or form at WrestleMania although a return to the ring in a wrestling role will not be happening until the next six months. Cena also talked about the rumored wedding which started after a website posted pictures of him proposing to his girlfriend. Cena said that while he and his girlfriend decided to get married sometime this year a few days before the injury, their relationship fell apart and he said that he’s single once again. As for his favorite match, the one against Triple H at WrestleMania 22 - where he got booed big time - is on the top of his list. Cena added that he watches every WWE TV show he can even while injured and announced that WWE will be back in Italy with the RAW brand in November for two shows.

Aww, well... at least I feel better. :lol: Just kidding, lol!

Cena also talked about the rumored wedding which started after a website posted pictures of him proposing to his girlfriend. Cena said that while he and his girlfriend decided to get married sometime this year a few days before the injury, their relationship fell apart and he said that he’s single once again.
So, does this mean that he's still single? I'm all confused..:huh:

The Dog Pound - Wrestlemania 24
Date Added: March 22, 2008
Story By: George Antonio
Here we are; a little over one week away from the biggest spectacle in sports entertainment! I speak of course, of the twenty-fourth installment of WRESTLEMANIA!! Although there may be quite a long way still to go, I would like to take this time in The Dog Pound to offer my predictions on this years show.

First, we have a 24-man battle royal where the winner gets a shot at the ECW Championship that same night. I like this aspect because it gives some focus and SOME credability to the ECW title. The downside is, those involved are just wrestlers that don't have matches on the card. Now, I understand that it isn't possible to fit everyone on the card, but this just seems like an easy way to get as many people on as possible. No matter the outcome, I would like to see the ECW title change hands. I'm going out on a limb and saying Kane is walking away with this one. Winner: Kane.

On top of this, we are treated to a Playboy Bunny Lumberjack Match. I truly feel that, despite the talents involved, this is a complete waste of time for a PPV like Wrestlemania. I would much rather see another battle royal for the Woman's title where it came down to the powerhouses like Beth Phoenix and Victoria (who has gotten lost in the shuffle of everything). I don't really care about the match and feel that if it had to be done, a smaller PPV like Backlash would be the right place to do it. Winners: Maria & Candice.

A "Belfast Brawl" featuring Finlay taking on JBL is also on the card. I like the way the WWE has set this one up, but at the same time, it feels a bit un-natural. I mean JBL goes from fighting Chris Jericho, to getting involved with Finlay and Hornswoggle out of nowhere. Either way, I see Vince getting involved somehow, as well as a return for Hornswoggle. Since JBL has gotten the upper hand every week lately, I see Finlay winning and getting some big time redemption. Winner: Finlay.

Batista vs. Umaga in a battle for bragging rights for the respective brand of each. Other than that, there is no real heat between the two. I am glad Batista isn't fighting for the title for once, and because Umaga has really stepped up his game as of late, the match could be very good. I see this fued continuing and Umaga jumping to Smackdown afterward; therefore there will be no definite winner. Winner: Batista by DQ.

The MITB Ladder Match. This is one match that every fan has become accustomed to seeing. A match that offers both a great challenge and great opportunity to the winner. My only complaint is that this year, it seems to be a little less structured and seemingly "thrown together" with a bunch of wrestlers. I see how Jericho, Kennedy, and even CM Punk fit nicely; but guys like Shelton Benjamin and Carlito qualified with little or no build-up. I am very glad John Morrison qualified because he fits nicely as well. I am anxious to see how MVP fits because he is one that has stepped up his game lately as well and his interaction with Jericho came off very natural.

My only other complaint was the fact that the WWE chose not to fill the spot left by Jeff Hardy. Now, if this is a surprise that could be for a returning Matt Hardy, than that's fine but if they let a spot go to waste I will continue to wonder why. When all is said and done, I see Chris Jericho walking out the winner! He is the man with the most momentum and the fans would love to see a big win for Y2J. Now, what happened to Mr. Kennedy?? Momentum gone. Winner: Chris Jericho.

Now, Big Show vs Floyd Mayweather is another match I could care less about. I cannot stand the way this has taken center stage over what I feel are more important matches. I do like how Mayweather has been able to incite fans each and every week, and his interaction with Show comes off very good. In the end, I don't really care who wins, but somehow I see Mayweather getting the win. Winner: Floyd Mayweather.

Shawn Michaels vs. Ric Flair. There's not much i can say about this match other than it will be a classic! Two of the best performers of all-time going one-on-one on the biggest stage of them all! This could be Flair's last match, and if so, I see him surprising everyone with a big win! Winner: Ric Flair.

The Streak vs. Title. I am looking foward to this match very much because Edge deserves it. He has come such a long way in his career and it's about time he gets a chance main-eventing Wrestlemania. In the end however, I see the Undertaker winning the title and continuing his streak. Hopefully this fued continues because I enjoy it very much. Winner: Undertaker.

The main event triple threat match for the WWE title! The way this match has been booked thus far has been very solid. I like the chemistry between all three men, as each seems to show their own unique personality and drive when it comes to the title. In the end, I would LOVE to see Randy Orton keep the title and shock the world with a big upset; however, I see Triple H winning and continuing a one-on-one fued with Orton. Winner: Triple H.

There you have it, a rather lengthy read on my own Wrestlemania predictions. I hope it lives up to its name as being the "Grand Daddy of 'em all" and really gives the fans something to remember.

Late Nineties WCW Wrestler Found Dead At Age 34 Due To Accidental Drug Overdose
Submitted by Daniel Pena on Tuesday, March 25, 2008 at 2:01 AM EST

Chase Tatum, who wrestled in WCW in 1998 & 1999, was found dead in his home in Buckhead, Georgia on Sunday, reports the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

His father Roy Tatum told the newspaper that his son died of an accidental drug overdose ten days after undergoing back surgery to repair a degenerative disc. His father said his son had been battling a painkiller addiction and had plans to enter a rehabilitation facility in Miami soon. "He was in the process of getting his life back together," Tatum said. "He was confident that he was going to turn things around, to live a normal life without those painkillers."

A friend discovered Tatum's body at around 4 p.m. on Sunday afternoon at his Buckhead, Georgia home. Tatum was unresponsive and could not be revived by emergency medical technicians.

At 6-feet, 3-inches tall and 265 pounds, Tatum won the Mr. Georgia bodybuilding competition when he was 19 years old. He was a personal trainer, and a client encouraged him to give professional wrestling a shot. He went to the WCW Power Plant and made his debut in the promotion in 1998, losing to Scott Steiner on an episode of WCW Thunder on March 6.

Tatum worked approximately 10 televised matches during his entire WCW tenure. He primarily worked in an enhancement role on WCW Saturday Night. He lost to the rising Bill Goldberg on the March 14, 1998 edition of WCW Saturday Night. He also lost to Curt Hennig, Van Hammer, Scott Norton and current SmackDown wrestler Dave Taylor over the course of two years. His lone singles win in WCW came against The Gambler in January 1999. He worked two episodes of WCW Monday Nitro during the summer of '99; losing to WCW Television Champion Rick Steiner in a squash match on July 26, and in his final appearance in WCW on August 23, he was powerbombed by Sid Vicious during his match with Mikey Whipwreck, which ended in a no contest. Tatum was briefly a member of the short-lived No Limit Soldiers faction which included Rey Mysterio and Konnan. In September 1999, WCW purged the roster and released a slew of wrestlers including Tatum. That marked the end of his career in professional wrestling.

His father said he suffered his back injury during his time in WCW and took painkillers to get by for a number of years because he did not have health insurance to pay for the surgery to correct the problem.

Tatum had been acting in recent years and appeared in the 2007 film Who's Your Caddy?. He also worked as a road manager and personal assistant for hip hop duo Outkast.

WWE News: WWE Star Pulled From Match At WrestleMania
Submitted by Daniel Pena on Monday, March 24, 2008 at 8:35 PM EST

According to an article updating the condition of Candice Michelle's injury on Raw last week, she has been pulled from the "Bunnymania" match at WrestleMania. However, she does plan on attending WrestleMania nonetheless.

Michelle had surgery earlier today to repair the re-broken clavicle she suffered in her match on Raw last week.

On how she re-injured her clavicle, Michelle said, "I was getting ready for a dropkick, and I thought it might be more effective if I landed on my back. I landed on my left shoulder and hurt [the clavicle] right then and there."

-- After Ric Flair's retirement storyline concludes, he will be off television for a little. He will remain with WWE in an ambassador and will more than likely be brought back to television in a non-wrestling role.

-- In case you missed it, Drew McIntyre was shown in the first match graphic on last week's Raw promoting the Cena & Orton vs. "The Entire Raw Roster" match. However, during the second airing of the graphic, McIntyre's image was removed. After moving to the Raw roster about three months ago, McIntyre has worked a total of one television match, which took place on the first WWE Heat of the year. Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels and Mr. Kennedy were also shown on the graphic, but didn't participate in the match. Jericho was selling Big Show's punch from earlier in the note, and HBK and Kennedy's non-appearances were never explained.

Spoilers for SD **3/28/08**

Report sent in by Rogue from LOPforums.com

Dark Match

-Ron Killings defeated Kenny Dykestra by pinfall, following a scissors kick. Decent opener to get the crowd going, lots of cheers for Killings.

Friday Night Smackdown

- Mark Henry defeated Kane, The Great Khali and Chuck Pulumbo in an over-the-top elimination match. Short match here, Pulumbo was eliminated first, followed by Kane and finally Khali.

- CM Punk defeated John Morrison in a Money in the Bank preview match. Fantastic match, Morrison dominated early but Punk battled back. The match ended when Punk hit the GTS. Highlight of the match was a beautiful top-rope frankensteiner by Punk, awesome move that really stood out in a great match.

- Kofi Kingston, Jessie and Festus defeated Cade, Murdoch and The Miz - Fairly short match, which ended with Kofi pinning The Miz after hitting his finisher.

- Batista is out next and sqaushes Snitsky with three moves. As soon as the bell rang he speared him, hit him with a spinebuster, followed by a Powerbomb. I seriously wonder if Snitsky is in the dog house, because it's been awhile since I've seen a sqaush like that. After the match Batista grabbed a chair and hit another Batistsa Bomb on Snitsky, onto the steel chair.

- A Diva "Wet and Wild" match, was next, which features 5 diva's and waterguns. On one team was Victoria and Marsye, the other was Cherry and Michelle McCool. Eve Torres was the guest ref. Victoria was wearing flippers, floaties and a snorkel, which was hilarious. Match wasn't all that great, mostly consisted of chicks spraying each other with water and throwing water balloons at each other. Cherry and McCool picked up the win.

-Y2J vs. MVP was up next, and before the match began, MVP cut a nice little promo, while the ring crew cleaned up from the Wet and Wild match. This match itself ended in a DQ. Decent match for what it was, DQ finish hurt it. MVP got disqaulified when he tried to hit Jericho with the US Title, but Jericho countered, sending MVP's face into the belt. He then went under the ring and got a ladder, ramming into MVP's head.

-The final segment was the "Death and Burial of the Undertaker's Wrestlemania undefeated Streak. The ring is set up with candles, an Undertaker portrait and of course, a casket. Basically Edge, along with Ryder, Hawkins and Vickie, talks about how he's going to win Sunday. They show a video package for him, saying he will "Be the Hero, that becomes a Legend." The Gong then hits, and Ryder and Hawkins leave the ring and run up the ramp to meet Taker. Of course he doesn't come down the ramp, the Casket door in the ring swings open and out comes Taker. He chokeslams Edge into the Casket and Tombstone's both Ryder and Hawkins, End Show.

-Dark match was Edge, MVP and Big Show vs. Batista, Taker and Ric Flair. Match went about 7-10 minutes, and ended with Flair making MVP Tap-out to the Figure Four. It was great to see Flair one last time here in NC, as I'm sure tonight was his next-to-last match. Afterwards, Batista got on the stick and talked about how much Flair meant to him, and what he did for his career. Flair then get's on the stick, with tears in his eyes and talks about how he wrestled in Fayetteville every other Monday for 15 years. He said if things didn't go his way Sunday, that he wanted to thank everyone in NC for supporting him all these years. Very emotional ending, most of the crowd stayed around for this, and it was worth seeing.

Biggest Pops:
Ric Flair - It's Flair country!
Batista - Surprisingly more then the Undertaker
Undertaker - Got some mad pops, but not as much as Batista
CM Punk - Good pop for Punk, lots of chants for him
y2j - big pop for Jericho after drilling MVP with the ladder.

Biggest Heat:
Edge - people hate this guy.
Vickie - People hate that guy's girl.
Chavo/MVP - these guys got almost equal amounts of heat.
Khali/Henry

Overall a decent show that exceeded my expectations.

Back