Macaulay Culkin

Ágnes

Proud Member
I am wondering if there are any Macaulay fans here :) Well actually i am sure there are a few..i think many Michael fans are also his "fans" as well.
Actually i knew him before Michael because i saw in the cinema the 2 Home Alone movies...and after that i saw him in Black or White video and taped it coz of him...and after watching it a few times i realized there is someone else also there...:D...and the rest is history ;) :D

Did any of you seen his new movie, Sex&Breakfast? Did you like it?

and..his famous scream pic:p

macaulay_culkin_sp_161100.jpg

I love Macaulay Culkin.... "Home Alone", "Home Alone 2", 'Getting Even With Dad" are all my favourites.... (and im my case it was the same first I loved the child star then I found out about his frendship with MJ)
I wish Mr Culkin all the best and hope his best for him in his acting career is yet to come:D

and this screen pic is legendary:D

Last edited:
cinderella: thx for the reply!

oh yeah in 'Getting Even With Dad" he looked so cool with longer hair :p
200px-Macaulayculkin.jpg

also loved these "millions-questions" scene in Uncle Buck :D

UncleBuck13.jpg

Last edited:
you're welcome :D
"Uncle Buck" wasn't his first screen appearance? just wondering

you're welcome :D
"Uncle Buck" wasn't his first screen appearance? just wondering

no, he appeared in smaller acts also in other movies.

here is his whole filmography from http://imdb.com/name/nm0000346/ ;)

1. Sex and Breakfast (2007) .... James
  2. "Robot Chicken" .... Dean Devlin / ... (4 episodes, 2005-2006)
    - Dragon Nuts (2006) TV episode (voice)
    - That Hurts Me (2005) TV episode (voice) .... Dean Devlin/Sponge
    - Badunkadunk (2005) TV episode (voice) .... Prince Adam / Farmer
    - Junk in the Trunk (2005) TV episode (voice) .... Luke Duke
  3. Jerusalemski sindrom (2004)
  4. Saved! (2004) .... Roland
  5. Foster Hall (2004) (TV) .... Clark Hall
  6. "Will & Grace" .... Jason Towne (1 episode, 2003)
    - May Divorce Be with You (2003) TV episode .... Jason Towne
  7. Party Monster (2003) .... Michael Alig
  8. Ri¢hie Ri¢h (1994) .... Richie Rich
  9. "Frasier" .... Elliott (1 episode, 1994)
    - Seat of Power (1994) TV episode (voice) .... Elliott
  10. The Pagemaster (1994) .... Richard Tyler
  11. Getting Even with Dad (1994) .... Timmy Gleason
  12. The Nutcracker (1993) .... The Nutcracker/The Prince/Drosselmeier's Nephew
    ... aka George Balanchine's The Nutcracker (USA: complete title)
  13. The Good Son (1993) .... Henry Evans
  14. Dangerous: The Short Films (1993) (V) .... Kid ('Black or White' video)
    ... aka Michael Jackson - Dangerous: The Short Films (USA)
  15. Home Alone 2: Lost in New York (1992) .... Kevin McCallister
    ... aka Home Alone II (USA: short title)
  16. My Girl (1991) .... Thomas J. Sennett
  17. Black or White (1991) (V) .... Blonde kid
  18. Only the Lonely (1991) .... Billy Muldoon
  19. "Wish Kid" (1991) TV series (voice) .... Nicholas McClary
  20. Home Alone (1990) .... Kevin McCallister
  21. Jacob's Ladder (1990/I) (uncredited) .... Gabe
    ... aka Dante's Inferno
  22. Uncle Buck (1989) .... Miles Russell
  23. See You in the Morning (1989) .... Billy Livingstone
  24. Rocket Gibraltar (1988) .... Cy Blue Black
  25. "The Equalizer" .... Paul Gephardt (1 episode, 1988)
    - Something Green (1988) TV episode .... Paul Gephardt
  26. The Midnight Hour (1985) (TV) (uncredited) .... Halloween Kid
    ... aka In the Midnight Hour

I love Macaulay, I'm still amazed by his acting talent. Each christmas we (naturally) watch the home alone movies and just wow, such a little kid and so much talent.

I loved his role on "Will and Grace" - "Wha, do I have a bugger?" :lol:

I actually saw 'Sex & Breakfast' a couple of weeks back. He just didnt look convincing to me, im too used to seeing him as a kid probably. Didnt like the movie all that much either.

I actually saw 'Sex & Breakfast' a couple of weeks back. He just didnt look convincing to me, im too used to seeing him as a kid probably. Didnt like the movie all that much either.

i have the same opinion on that movie..it was somehow "cheap" and i was probably also not used for Mac to play such a role.
It was also quite boring... :(

I have not seen any of his newer stuff to be honest.. I used to rent all thing that he was in.. I thought he was a great child actor..

But he's had some REALLY classic movies that I love.. I mean HOME ALONE 1,2..

that is my childhood right there.. :) I had a lot of fun with his movies..

I love him very much!

I first saw the Home alone movies and we adored this little kid with my parents back then. Still I like those movies. My girl and Uncle Buck also lovely films of his.

I respect him because he was so nice at the trial...

I wish him all the best in his life.

I love him so much, I haven't seen much of his earlier work but The Good Son is a great movie!
Plus, after the trial...how could you not love him?!

no, he appeared in smaller acts also in other movies.

here is his whole filmography from http://imdb.com/name/nm0000346/ ;)
  1. Sex and Breakfast (2007) .... James
  2. "Robot Chicken" .... Dean Devlin / ... (4 episodes, 2005-2006)
    - Dragon Nuts (2006) TV episode (voice)
    - That Hurts Me (2005) TV episode (voice) .... Dean Devlin/Sponge
    - Badunkadunk (2005) TV episode (voice) .... Prince Adam / Farmer
    - Junk in the Trunk (2005) TV episode (voice) .... Luke Duke
  3. Jerusalemski sindrom (2004)
  4. Saved! (2004) .... Roland
  5. Foster Hall (2004) (TV) .... Clark Hall
  6. "Will & Grace" .... Jason Towne (1 episode, 2003)
    - May Divorce Be with You (2003) TV episode .... Jason Towne
  7. Party Monster (2003) .... Michael Alig
  8. Ri¢hie Ri¢h (1994) .... Richie Rich
  9. "Frasier" .... Elliott (1 episode, 1994)
    - Seat of Power (1994) TV episode (voice) .... Elliott
  10. The Pagemaster (1994) .... Richard Tyler
  11. Getting Even with Dad (1994) .... Timmy Gleason
  12. The Nutcracker (1993) .... The Nutcracker/The Prince/Drosselmeier's Nephew
    ... aka George Balanchine's The Nutcracker (USA: complete title)
  13. The Good Son (1993) .... Henry Evans
  14. Dangerous: The Short Films (1993) (V) .... Kid ('Black or White' video)
    ... aka Michael Jackson - Dangerous: The Short Films (USA)
  15. Home Alone 2: Lost in New York (1992) .... Kevin McCallister
    ... aka Home Alone II (USA: short title)
  16. My Girl (1991) .... Thomas J. Sennett
  17. Black or White (1991) (V) .... Blonde kid
  18. Only the Lonely (1991) .... Billy Muldoon
  19. "Wish Kid" (1991) TV series (voice) .... Nicholas McClary
  20. Home Alone (1990) .... Kevin McCallister
  21. Jacob's Ladder (1990/I) (uncredited) .... Gabe
    ... aka Dante's Inferno
  22. Uncle Buck (1989) .... Miles Russell
  23. See You in the Morning (1989) .... Billy Livingstone
  24. Rocket Gibraltar (1988) .... Cy Blue Black
  25. "The Equalizer" .... Paul Gephardt (1 episode, 1988)
    - Something Green (1988) TV episode .... Paul Gephardt
  26. The Midnight Hour (1985) (TV) (uncredited) .... Halloween Kid
    ... aka In the Midnight Hour
oh, thanks for this, very informative:)
anyway, I remember the countdown of Top movie child stars of all time on E (watch few sometimes just for fun)
Mac was second and topped only by... the The Simpsons kids (cute):lol:

I also liked him and still respect, good actor. When I was little I kind a was falled in love in him lol

Did any of you seen his new movie, Sex&Breakfast? Did you like it?
I haven't seen it yet. Although I have it but hadn't time to watch it.

was it good?

Last edited:
hmmm..i'm in hollywood, and i never heard of sex and breakfast..lol

anyway..the pic of him for that movie is a far hardened look compared to just two years ago..but i'll always love the guy...

and i'm grateful for what he did for MJ

home alone, home alone 2 blak or white was a great video. my kids when they were classics :)
culkinmug1.jpg
:)

i like mac. i think hes a cool person and he was such a great child actor. i dont like him much as an adult actor but i still think hes good. i've watched almost all of his movies.
the good son is a really good psychological thriller. elijah wood was in it too co-starring with mac and to my estimation his acting in that specific movie was better than mac's

Wow i am happy to read so many like Mac on this forum :D

About Sex&Breakfast: it wasnt shown in cinemas (i think in USA either) it was just releazed on DVD.

I have just watched the Equalizer from 1988...he is really cute in it, it is just a part of a series and he appeared only in one part
oh..it is full of action sceenes..shoots etc, quite also unusual to see him in it, i am used to the classic comedies :D

another classic pic:
homealone2460.jpg

Last edited:
Home Alone was the first movie that I went to see in the movies with my friends...if I remember correctly. I was 10-11 years old. Loved it.
Then later I became a fan of Michael. I was not a fan of Mac's but I liked a lot of his movies, like Home Alone 2, My Girl.
Then sometime around 2001-2002 a friend of mine talked about Mac and how she's a fan of his.. so eventually I started paying more attention to Mac as an actor. Then I saw the movie The Good Son on TV and I was really impressed by Mac.
Sad that he decided to end his career but I can understand it, so much at such a young age....
I wanted to see Party Monster so I had to specially order it from the internet.
Saved was also a nice movie that I had to get just because of Mac. :D

I loved his role on "Will and Grace" - "Wha, do I have a bugger?"
I've never seen that episode :(

Last edited:
i was only a year younger than him when he did home alone and i remember having a huge crush on him when i was little. i would pretend we were dating in my head when i was young. lol and i watched both 'My Girl' and 'Home Alone' a million times over when i was little..even now. and then when i saw him in michaels music video i thought he was even cooler. and that he supported michael topped it off.

that he supported michael topped it off.
well, he had to have a break while he was working on his film "Getting Even With Dad" in 1993
because he was so worried about Michael at the time that he was not able to focus on anything else .....isn't it sweet and touching?
:)

I love Macaulay Culkin! Have ya'll seen My Girl? I swear, it's the saddest movie ever :cry: I would love to see some of his newer movies :yes:

I've never seen that episode :(

Ah, I never saw it when it was on tv either, I came over it on youtube! Couldn't find it now though.:( He was Jack's lawyer(Karen convinced Jack to have him), and Jack was so nervous cause he was so young. Mack fooled everyone though cause he really was a badass. Don't remember the rest though but it was funny!

And yes My girl is soo sad. Such a great movie though.

Last edited:
To be honest, I never paid much attention to Macaulay Culkin as an actor. I saw Home Alone 1, 2 when I was a kid and, of course, I had a great fun watching it, later also My Girl and Richie Rich. Then around 1993 I saw him as Michael’s close friend and since then I associated Macaulay with Michael in the first place:lol:. Well, I’ve never seen him as a child actually, he is a year older than me so I just seen him as a cool guy my age, lol. I haven’t seen any of his newer films or even heard much about him for a long time…

But about a year and a half ago I noticed once his novel in a bookstore. I didn’t really expect to see Mac writing a book:lol:. I picked it up spontaneously, sat down and read the whole thing in an hour. It was definitely autobiographical and not good from literary point of view lol, but among all the chaotic random thoughts, childish drawings, poems and personal manifestos I found a few passages about searching for his identity, stolen by fame, his loneliness and painful relationship with his abusive father and reading that brought tears to my eyes. I didn’t buy the book but it all stuck in my mind for a long time.
It was with no doubt something that Macaulay wrote deeply from his heart, he truly opened his tortured soul up to readers and created a beautiful mixture of great humor and sadness. It was that book that made me feel a true sympathy and respect for him as an intelligent, reflective and sensitive person with a wise, independent worldview. And I loved his self-irony and sarcastic sense of humour:lol:
And one more thing… Even it was mostly about his life there were no reference to Michael in the book at all. And I respect him for leaving it out. It obviously shows that Michael is someone special for Mac, someone he didn’t want to make one of the puzzles of his destroyed life. It seems to me that Michael is the only steady part of his life, like Neverland was his oasis when he was younger, a safe and pleasant place beyond all the mess around his fame and family. And that’s why I think he wanted to cherish Michael by excluding his person from the sarcastic view on his chaotic life and the whole world. It shows that Mac really appreciates his friendship with Michael.

After reading that I admire Macaulay much more than ever before, for writing such a deep and honest book on his life and sharing his true feelings and thoughts. This book made me really care about him. I’d like to meet him not just because of his friendship with Michael or his talent as an actor, but an interesting person he is that I can relate to a bit.

Have anyone of you read it? What are your impressions?

Last edited:
Back