Hypnosis UPDATE: I was hypnotized for real!

J5master

Proud Member
EDIT: UPDATE: I was hypnotized for real! Read my experience in post 34!

Ever tried it? Believe in it? Seen a stage show? Scared of it? LOL

I'm soooo fascinated with hypnosis ever since this stage hypnotist came to my college and hypnotized my friends ( i was too scared lol). But that ish reall y works!

I've been practicing self hypnosis for a while now, not necessarily for self improvement or anything like that. But it just feels so good and relaxing afterwards.

How about u guys? What do u think?

Last edited:
Re: Hypnosis

yeah i believe in it. its totally provern but you have to be that way inclined to be put under. i was told my grandad could put ppl under. he learend though as he was a doctor

yeah i dunno, don't u have to be like a visual person? Or someone who daydreams a lot? Cuz that's all hypnosis really is...a daydream.

no i dont believe it. i think ppl need to take substances to be hypnotized. the brain doesnt get affected this way by only words or even actions.

Why? We get effected by words and actions all the time lol And like it was stated, all hypnosis is is daydreaming, which everyone can do w/o substances.

to be frank i dont know nothing about hypnosis so i cant really have a say here.
all im saying is that when the brain gets into any kind of condition in which the person cannot be fully aware and conscious then it has to be the effect of some substance.
and yes words and actions have effect on us but only on our thoughts and emotions. they cant get us into unconsciousness and lack of awareness.

Last edited:

thx. Thing is, from what i understand and learned, and basically what my friends told me when they were hypnotized and what i've experienced with self hypnosis... is that they were aware of everything that was going on as it was happening, they just couldn't remember some of it afterwards cuz they were almost dreaming. Kinda like when ur daydreaming, and ur staring into space, and then u snap out of it, and don't quite remember everything ur daydreaming about? Its kinda like that. It's the state between actual SLEEP and full awareness. Like the time where ur kinda sorta awake before u go to sleep lol

its not like its a myth, people have been hypnotised before

well first off, you have to want to be hypnotized. You cant say "this wont work, this wont work. I cant be hypnotized. I won't follow the instructions" all throughout, cuz then it definitely won't work :lol: And basically for any self hypnosis audio or regular hypnosis session, all u have to do is follow directions and just let everything happen.

Now there are some videos on Youtube. I dunno effective they are cuz I find myself pretty suggestive (meaning I think im very susceptible to hypnosis), so i can be pretty much be tranced by anything...LOL Then again, the more u do it, the easier it gets. But maybe or maybe not this is effective for you but it both of these worked for me.

And this one is more informational. He explains some of the concepts and stuff.

[youtube]0v-sBPki0Ys[/youtube]

This one i think is more powerful. I really like this one, u feel so good afterwards.

[youtube]-rV00Q_8kYk[/youtube]

Last edited:

I dont think the whole Hypnosis thing is safe though, it can really screw you up.

Ever tried it? Believe in it? Seen a stage show? Scared of it? LOL

I'm soooo fascinated with hypnosis ever since this stage hypnotist came to my college and hypnotized my friends ( i was too scared lol). But that ish reall y works!

I've been practicing self hypnosis for a while now, not necessarily for self improvement or anything like that. But it just feels so good and relaxing afterwards.

How about u guys? What do u think?

There are a lot of medical reasons why you would have hypnosis...to quit smoking, lose weight...etc. My mother had all 3 of us totally under hypnosis....no anesthesia...

You're right. The whole subject fascinates me too!

i believe in it. but it's impossible to hypnotize me lol ;)

I'd be scared to get hypnotized out of fear of blurting something that I don't even want the hypnotist to hear. My brain is an encyclopedia of bad ideas, like most 19 year olds lol.

^^^how so?
I remember ages ago one guy had this problem with doing some very unsual things in his sleep and stuff, not being able to rest properly because he would spend all his sleeping time running around everywhere doing random stuff lol

so he would hypnotize himself in place of regular sleep?

Well too much of anything is bad for u, as they say lol But i dont think hypnosis itself is dangerous or anything lol

so he would hypnotize himself in place of regular sleep?

Well too much of anything is bad for u, as they say lol But i dont think hypnosis itself is dangerous or anything lol
no actually I frogt to mention that some of these people had been volunteers to these stage shows where this guy would hypnotise you and stuff

no actually I frogt to mention that some of these people had been volunteers to these stage shows where this guy would hypnotise you and stuff

Thats interesting. Was it a professional hypnotist? And did this guy go see someone to get this fixed? That has to be a very rare occurrence cuz i've never heard anything like that. lol

All that weird stuff interests me. It's amazing how someone could just come and control your mind and your actions without you even knowing about it. It's impossible though, if you think about it. There's no logic there. It really doesn't make sense. But it's still cool (and funny sometimes) to watch. Especially if you see your friends doing something under hypnosis, that they would never do in real life :lol:

Thats interesting. Was it a professional hypnotist? And did this guy go see someone to get this fixed? That has to be a very rare occurrence cuz i've never heard anything like that. lol
to be honest I dont remember, this programme on tv was on waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back but there was a number of cases like that or something and I think it had something to do with the same person who had hypnotised people.

images

*spooky voice* You are all getting veeeerrry sleeeepy...

Ok, on the count of three, you will all start dancing like lizards in a SOBE ad!

lol

Hmm, a truly bizarre phenomenon. I don't think I'm a good candidate for hypnosis. I remember back in school, some hypnotist got an ex of mine to do some pretty outrageous stuff. lol He took quite a heap of ribbing about it afterwards. But the stuff the hypnotist did didn't seem to work on me.

Last edited:

slimey geller claimed he put mj under and asked him about 93

Its real. People get hypnotized for all kinds of things. Smoking, eating, tempers etc. My mum actually wants to get hypnotized for her anxiety. It would freak me out though, what if they do something to control me for all eternity!

You can only get hypnotized if you want to get hypnotized. And the suggestions rendered will only be effective unless you WANT them to be effective.

Like in stage shows, with hypnosis, hypnotists always grab the most enthusiastic volunteers because those people are willing to do silly things in front of the audience ANYWAY, thats why they're wanting to be picked lol. You wouldn't have a shy person who is scared of being open in front of an audience jumping up in down begging to be hypnotized. LOL Therefore, even in stage hypnosis...even if you'd think that these people wouldn't EVER do what their doing outside of hypnosis, they would...and are willing lol. If they didn't want to do it, then the hypnosis wouldn't work.

bump this. I wanna see other's thoughts on it.

I found this one induction on youtube, where u could get to different altered states anytime u want. It's freaky how well it s for me. Essentially you can get drunk anytime u wish without alcohol lol. It's actually a pretty fun video. I really love it. This is the 10 min version...the full version is on his myspace page.

[youtube]FJXFDq7XPOI[/youtube]

Last edited:
Back