R. Kelly + Michael Jackson project

lada

Proud Member
Hi, how do you like an idea about this project?? :) Michael sings hits by R. Kelly and R. Kelly sings hits by Michael! Some songs from this album would be release s a CD single - I believe I can fly - Michael Jackson, Billie Jeam - R. Kelly, Ignition - Michael Jackson, You are not alone - R. kelly. I´m sure some singles would reach NO.1 and it would be helpfull for Michael, becouse he had no NO.1 singles in 00´s. If he release only one NO.1 single, he´ll be the only artist who had NO.1 singles for 4 decades!!! :))

1, I believe I can fly - Michael Jackson
2, Billie Jean - R. Kelly
3. If I could turn back the hands of time - Michael Jackson
4, Thriller - R. Kelly
5, Gotham city - Michael Jackson
6, Donť stop till you get enough - R. Kelly
7, The world´s greatest - Michael Jackson
8, Bad - R. Kelly
9, The storm is ower - Michael Jackson
10, Ignition - Michael Jackson
12, Man in the mirror - R. Kelly
13, Black or White - R. Kelly
14, Leap of faith - Michael Jackson
15, You are not alone - R. Kelly
16, Rise up - Michael Jackson
17, Spirit - Michael Jackson
18, Unbreakable - R. Kelly

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello lada I need to let you know that the news and mentionings prefix is for staff only to use. Thank you.

I've never liked Robert. The only song I like of his is "She's Got That Vibe". Some of the stuff he's done for other people is ok, but I don't like his voice. I'd rather listen to Bob Dylan all day, and I don't wanna hear him either, lol. My friend is a big fan though, got all of his albums and remix singles. R. Kelly is like Keith Sweat to me, I just can't listen to it, lol.

Even though it would be funny to hear MJ sing other songs, i don't see this ever happen.

But would be fun.

great i would love the idea of Michael performing those songs

That will be sad if Michael misses out on having a number one single in the 00's. Dunno if things look promising either for there to be one.

some of you really need to learn how to make the correct title thread!!! it's so damn irritating.

persoally, i hate r kelly:mat: He's nothing but a sicko child-molester. Him and MJ should never work together anymore. All the songs r kelly wrote for Michael was crap anyway.

I like R Kelly and the songs he wrote for MJ also....I would vote for a colab between them....a new song with the 2 of them instead of singing each other hits! :yes:

persoally, i hate r kelly:mat: He's nothing but a sicko child-molester. Him and MJ should never work together anymore. All the songs r kelly wrote for Michael was crap anyway.

?????

You are not alone? - one of the best songs ever!!

R. Kelly has written some nice songs for MJ but in all honesty, Michael needs to stay clear of doing any songs with him. Singing songs written by him is one thing but singing a song feat. R. Kelly would be a PR nightmare. Even though they were both found not guilty, the media would have a field day talking about the two of them. We all here know how horrible the press can be when it comes to Michael. We all agree MJ was flat out innocent, but there is still a cloud around (and video tape)R. Kelly that he won't be able to shake.
*I hope I didn't go to far off the topic*

Wasn't he found NOT GUILTY???

Then you, being a MJ fan, should be the last to say something like that!

I'd love to hear MJ sing "I believe I can Fly "And "Ignition"...I remeber MJ dancing to Ignition in the back of the car......

well there was a tape and it was clearly him lol he was found not guilty due to the girl not willing to testify, which she was problem paid off anyway lol, and his lil BET interview he kinda told on himself lol, there WAS NO PROOF on michael so comparing those 2 is impossible.

but back on topic, um NO

Nope.

I'm by no fan of R. Kelly and would rather see Michael working with a more talented, and diverse artist

shame on you for saying that. shame on you.

i can't believe a Michael Jackson fan could get so low as to say something like this... :(

i can't believe a Michael Jackson fan could get so low as to say something like this... :(
I can say it easily :lol:

I'm not a fan of You Are Not Alone or Cry. I do like One More Chance though

YANA and Cry were okay, not the best songs ever written, but they weren't the worst either. I just don't think it would be smart for MJ to work with R Kelly again because of the whole child molestation thing, the media would go crazy. I not sure this idea of Michael covering R Kelly songs would work, or even be something MJ would be willing to do. R Kelly hasn't really had much of an influence on MJ, so why would he pay tribute to him by singing his songs? I think MJ should do a tribute album for James Brown, or someone who has inspired him musically.

I love R. Kelly. While I like some of his uptempo or risque stuff like "Ignition Remix" and "Fiesta", it's his stuff like "Down Low", "Step In The Name Of Love" and things of that nature I like. I think he's got a great voice.

Personally, I think Kelly IS a diverse and talented artist, but that's just me.

Even with that said, this doesn't seem like a good idea.

he was found not guilty but everyone knows he did it...there's a lot of proof this would be a very bad idea...but there's plenty of other artist that would be cool for this project

I like R Kelly and the songs he wrote for MJ also....I would vote for a colab between them....a new song with the 2 of them instead of singing each other hits! :yes:
Co-sign. If Mike himself really wants to cover one of R.Kelly songs, then he can do it on his own regular album. Since we all have been waiting for his new album, the project is not likely to appeal to many of us here...

I can say it easily :lol:

I'm not a fan of You Are Not Alone or Cry. I do like One More Chance though

i was referring to what he/she said about R.Kelly being a child molester, not the songs done with him. I think that was more than obvious.

Hi, how do you like an idea about this project?? :) Michael sings hits by R. Kelly and R. Kelly sings hits by Michael! Some songs from this album would be release s a CD single - I believe I can fly - Michael Jackson, Billie Jeam - R. Kelly, Ignition - Michael Jackson, You are not alone - R. kelly. I´m sure some singles would reach NO.1 and it would be helpfull for Michael, becouse he had no NO.1 singles in 00´s. If he release only one NO.1 single, he´ll be the only artist who had NO.1 singles for 4 decades!!! :))

1, I believe I can fly - Michael Jackson
2, Billie Jean - R. Kelly
3. If I could turn back the hands of time - Michael Jackson
4, Thriller - R. Kelly
5, Gotham city - Michael Jackson
6, Donť stop till you get enough - R. Kelly
7, The world´s greatest - Michael Jackson
8, Bad - R. Kelly
9, The storm is ower - Michael Jackson
10, Ignition - Michael Jackson
12, Man in the mirror - R. Kelly
13, Black or White - R. Kelly
14, Leap of faith - Michael Jackson
15, You are not alone - R. Kelly
16, Rise up - Michael Jackson
17, Spirit - Michael Jackson
18, Unbreakable - R. Kelly

Cool idea. Michael Jackson had no number one singles in 00`s ???? You rock my world ? remember? peace out.

agree with u. R. kelly is human and everybody in this world does mistakes. his songs YANA and One more chance is absolutly amazing michael jackson records. And he such as Mike should be judged after their music.

Cool idea. Michael Jackson had no number one singles in 00`s ???? You rock my world ? remember? peace out.

That didn't make the top 10, at least in America. I don't know about anywhere else. The R&B stations played it a bit, though, but the pop stations ignored it.

That didn't make the top 10, at least in America. I don't know about anywhere else. The R&B stations played it a bit, though, but the pop stations ignored it.

given what kind of songs are number 1 on the US charts, it's even better. no offense, but it's true.

given what kind of songs are number 1 on the US charts, it's even better. no offense, but it's true.
I made a mistake. It was "Butterflies" that didn't make the top 10. "You Rock My World" made it to #10 pop and #13 R&B. "Butterflies" highest position is #14 pop and #2 R&B. "Heaven Can Wait" made it to #72 R&B. Nothing else was released as a single in the US, although Cry was issued elsewhere.

Last edited:
i was referring to what he/she said about R.Kelly being a child molester, not the songs done with him. I think that was more than obvious.
I know what she meant, I agreed with that too

His issue is different than Michael's so you can't compare either. Michael was innocent, and R.Kelly wasn't (too much evidence from the past 15 years to ignore)

Back