MJJC TV 2009 Video Maker Competition Discussion

big DB

Proud Member
Hi everyone, we at MJJC have decided that due to the amount of talented video makers out there now from the creation of youtube, we are going to have a competition with the community on the forum and our social network Youtube Channel.

Click Here to see the Entries, go to post #110

Here is the promo video for the competition

Please read the requirements before entering.

- Your video must be at least 0 - 5 minutes in length, 7 max (EXCLUDING INTRO TITLE/CREDITS). The zero gives room for adverts or other short promo's to be created, whilst not restricting you too much on length.

- Only one video per video maker!

- It can be entered by posting in the thread in General Discussion as a Streaming video on the MJJC Forums or as a Video Response on the Youtube Video.

- The video must have a theme or story related to Michael! This is up to you guys to choose; it could be his exciting performing ability, or a particular concert. It could even be a video about the tabloids that hound him. Videos with random clips with NO meaning will not make it to the finals unless the final product can be justified, which we doubt. We are looking for the best videos out there, which hook the viewer. Ways we will be looking for that is how the music emotionally and technically connects to your clips, sync of visuals with audio and of course overall quality.

- However do NOT feel limited, because you can be as creative as you like. And of course the video can be an animation, a slideshow, a slideshow mixed with a montage sequence, music video, short documentary, a teaser for MJJC?.... whatever you guys like... Be as unique as you can! Stand out amongst the rest!?

- Your song choice doesn't need to be a Michael Jackson song (as this promo demonstrates) however MJ songs are OF COURSE Welcomed! If so try and be original and not choose something we hear in every MJ video such as Billie Jean or Smooth Criminal.

- Deadline for entries is Feb 8th 2009, no videos submitted after this date will be selected for the choice of the finalists.

- 4 Panel members from MJJC will select their favourites and we will have 10 Finalists, after this process, its turned over to the fans to decide who will be crowned the winner. With this your video will be placed on the main forum for other the fans to enjoy, which will in turn boost viewers and possibly subscribers to your channel. Lets flurish as a MJ Community and bring out the best in each other.

We at MJJC are EXTREMELY pleased with the turn out of talent from around the world!

At the moment, we will be watching the entries and taking the 43 entries down to 10 Finalists and then its over to you guys. The entire community here will get to choose their favourite and the person who garners the most votes will be crowned the MJJC 2009 Video Making Competition Winner. We hope to have the final 10 by the end of the week. Stay Tuned!

In the meantime, please enjoy and post your thoughts on the videos. If you made any of the entries, feel free to tell us about your video, what your aim was, how you wanted it to play out, etc.

Click Here to see the Entries, go to post #110

MJJC Team

Last edited:
Re: MJJC TV 2009 Video Maker Competition... ENTER NOW!!!

Great idea, we have such creative and talented video makers here at MJJC.. Good luck to all that enter the contest..

This is such a great idea.

Hope for many good videos.

well i'd put my videos in, but i don't have the one that is shorter than 4 minutes. come on guys, all of Michael's songs are at least 5 minutes.

thats part of the challenge and is really what editing is, refining the video down to the requirements set... it gives you the opportunity to create something new?

EDIT:

OKAY, after considering it, the new MAX limit on the videos is 5 minutes, no more! hehehe

Last edited:

cool man!
thanks for enhancing the limit ;)

oh,and can i use one of my videos for the video project? the upcoming video for Jam - which is 7:30 mins long, I will reduce to 5:00.

Is that possible? For it to be in both the projects?

you can use whatever video you want to enter, a previous project you feel is worthy of entering, or something brand new you feel like entering, totally up to you, but yea remember the time limit.

Also remember folks, the time limit doesnt include titles or credits, we arent that bad here at MJJC, we wont throw out videos for being 5:04 with 10 sec intro titles.

Hmmm...well there is a slight problem with the clip that I want to include... It has clips of other fans as well,some of which have been slightly edited by them... Dilemma...

Where do you send the completed videos?
And great idea btw :)

Where do you send the completed videos?
And great idea btw :)

Ideally, upload to Youtube on your own channel, then post as a video response on the MJJC TV 2009 Competition promo.

Or embed the streaming video in this thread. :) dont ask me how though LOL admins mods, fellow staff...HELP, look how Im making myself look, i cant even embed a youtube video and Im announcing the competition.

Since its a competition we dont want you to upload clips to keep everything fair ;)

Last edited:

Ideally, upload to Youtube on your own channel, then post as a video response on the MJJC TV 2009 Competition promo.

Or embed the streaming video in this thread. :) dont ask me how though LOL admins mods, fellow staff...HELP, look how Im making myself look, i cant even embed a youtube video and Im announcing the competition.

Since its a competition we dont want you to upload clips to keep everything fair
;)

Was this the answer to my question? :)

Cause most of the editing in the clip is mine, I can cut out the previously edited parts in the included clips.

no what I meant is dont upload and post download links to your entries as other participants might use clips or parts of your videos in their own. Just keeping everything fair. :)

This sounds awsome!!! Perhaps I will enter in this competion? It sounds fun!!! :)

wow im so pleased at the response, im sure I speak for all the staff when I say we cant wait to see your work! Show the world your inspiration from MJ :D

the only way its gonna be fair is if DB doesnt enter his own work lolololol, i wish i had better software than movie maker, im not even gonna waste my time with that program, so im not partcipating but i cant wait 2 watch

well guys better get ready cuz you are about to see some real hot editing :D :D :D

was that pretentious? i don't care :)

NO none of my work will be entered, nor will I be entering anything. I only put together the promo, Good Luck Everyone, I see a couple of people have already put in their entries.

YAY!!

I can't wait to see the entries!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Wsh I were one of those talented people...but I'm not.
I'll just sit back and watch. :p

Good luck you guys! :)

Wsh I were one of those talented people...but I'm not.
I'll just sit back and watch. :p

Good luck you guys! :)

Come oooon...let's not hear that. I am sure everyone can make something. By time you can only get better. Besides, it's for fun only! Take my example - it's JANUARY 2009 - FIVE MONTHS since MJ's 50th birthday and I am still working on the project! It's all for fun's sake. And for love for MJ.

How do you think Dom got started? As a pro? So get a hold of an editing program and do your thing ! :)

P.S. Thanx Telha and Dom for support :)

This looks fun. I have never tried making a video though, and not sure I have the time but just in case, what programs do people use?

Windows Video maker, then there are some of the bigger programs, like Final Cut Pro and Ulead Video Studio which are the ones I use.

Whichever one works best for your needs is the best one. Windows Movie maker is free while the others arent.

I also use Ulead... Is Final Cut Pro better?

Re: MJJC TV 2009 Video Maker Competition... DEADLINE Feb 8th :D

just bumping this thread so everyone knows the deadline is Feb 8th incase you are creating something totally brand new and arent submitting something you already consider your best work, we have 3 entries so far on Youtube :) cant wait to see more!

I also use Ulead... Is Final Cut Pro better?

Ive found it great for editing whilst I've started college and that program is the industries standard so I'd probably say its better now but for ease of use and being familiar, I still use Ulead for most of MJ projects, anything i film and produce myself, I use Final Cut just because the capturing and everything is what we do in college and the editing suite has final cut pro so i've been using that lately,

not sure if that answers your question, Id say the best one is whatever brings out your best work, thats an elusive answer if I ever heard one! lol

Back