Bad Tour 88 On DvD, Legacy Feedback.

mrhalkitis

Proud Member
Hey all!

So i was searching on the web for various "request,vote for something u want" etc sites regarding bad tour 88 to come out on dvd and actually came across this on legacy's own site.

I had a look around the forum and didn't find it on here (hope i'ts not on here n i'm makin a 2nd thread :p )

anyway heres the link to their site.

http://feedback.legacyrecordings.com/

Bad tour is top idea on their list so lets all vote vote vote :D!

peace!

Please do something Legacy, we've been starved of these concerts now for way too long.

guess u werent lookin hard enough cuz there are numerous threads on this lol

There are a couple of MJ requests that have been accepted and 'under review' if you look here:

http://feedback.legacyrecordings.com/pages/general/suggestions/filter/accepted

Unfortunately they aren't related to the concert DVD and have much fewer votes than the concert related polls.

Perhaps there's a very good reason that Legacy CANNOT release the concerts and so they are ignoring the polls.
After all, why review a poll with only 8 votes and ignore another over a thousand?

Admin said that they can't release anything, until Michael himself would approve it, it's part of his contract with Sony

Hmm,

Does anybody know if there is an official release of a HIStory concert? Im still looking for that.

Whoa! Lotsa new smilies online all of a sudden, thats great! (and very offtopic lol sorry)

:girl_werewolf:

Hmm,

Does anybody know if there is an official release of a HIStory concert? Im still looking for that.

Whoa! Lotsa new smilies online all of a sudden, thats great! (and very offtopic lol sorry)

:girl_werewolf:

I still excited,opening this thread..xD
I thought it was the launch of the DVD Bad Tour
so I wanted to watch this show...:sad:
Is it so expensive for Sony to launch a DVD of the Bad Tour????:sad:
But Okay right,I voted!^^

sadly the Munich concert from the HIStory tour was under review until michael saw it and he thought that the billie jean performance wasnt good enough so the whole project got scrapped :(

Id hate to hear what he really thinks of his impersonators LOL

I he didn't like his own Munich HIStory Billie Jean performance - then sure he wouldtn't like ANY impersonator!! . Munich is great!!

sadly the Munich concert from the HIStory tour was under review until michael saw it and he thought that the billie jean performance wasnt good enough so the whole project got scrapped :(

Wonder if he'd consider doing an "around the world" type release featuring favorite hand-picked performances from different dates/venues. If the above is any indication, he's too much of a perfectionist, and if one single performance out of the whole concert is not up to his standards, then well....:sad2:....we won't get anything.

There's a lot of footage considering various shows were filmed and broadcast outside the US. And perhaps there's video that we don't even know about. Doesn't MJ love documenting stuff?

Just a thought...

Last edited:
If I were Michael's friend, I would agree that Munich's performance isn't good enough.
As a fan, you always say release whatever you want, you know.

I don't like the Billie Jean performance either. During the end there was no hopping move (the one where the backup singers yell "ho!") or a 360 moonwalk. He looked tired, and he moves rather slowly like he's a bit heavy, especially during the moonwalk. The only thing I like is the robot move where he bends his upper body.

He uses bits and pieces, along with Motown 25, Bad Tour Yokohama, Tokyo, Wembley, Dangerous Tour Bucharest and Munich, and MJ and Friends Seoul 1999 for promos, i.e. commercials, Number Ones Documentary. HIStory Tour Munich seems like the only major HIStory concert that's used.

But I don't think it was just the Billie Jean performance. He had severe laryngitis and his voice was sore during the concert. The audio was later edited so the drum slams more and they corrected errors in the synthesizer (during Billie Jean the trumpet part on the keyboard wasn't played right at the first "be careful what you do"). Also, obviously, HIStory Tour was 80% lip-synced.

The Concert at Chamsil Stadium in Seoul, Korea, on October 11, 1996 was released on VHS in Korea and probably other Asian countries as well. His dancing wasn't very good at this concert. He had a very bad flu at the time and his doctor advised him to cancel the concert. But unlike Munich, at least he tried very hard to give a good performance, he still did the hop and circle moonwalk (though short).

Is that true, I mean the part about the Billie Jean performance? Is there a source? Considering the concert contained clips from Both Munich concerts Billie Jean could have been edited, just like Bucharest DVD version which contains footage from at least 4 venues lol

is that true, i mean the part about the billie jean performance? Is there a source? Considering the concert contained clips from both munich concerts billie jean could have been edited, just like bucharest dvd version which contains footage from at least 4 venues lol

+1 !
;)

Is that true, I mean the part about the Billie Jean performance? Is there a source? Considering the concert contained clips from Both Munich concerts Billie Jean could have been edited, just like Bucharest DVD version which contains footage from at least 4 venues lol

And MSG 30. Billie Jean is also mixed between the two concerts.
In one of the concerts he has the mic in his hands and in the other he hasn't. So the mix we have is weird because sometimes he has the mic and all of a sudden he doesn't! :lol:

I voted for that months ago. I don't think it's gonna happen.:timer:

^^^

No, me neither. Those petitions have been going on for years, but nothing has happend so far!

Hmm,

As a fan I was very dissappointed after every HIStory show I attended and every one I wached, simply because it isn´t a live show. I couldn´t believe wat I heard after the Prague opening show and it kept me thinking during the trip back to the Netherlands. Although the show and dancing is great to watch the music should come first, no excuses! Lipsynching, in my opinion, is something for the Britney´s and Ashlee´s in this world. One of the pioneers of Live entertainment, one of the best live vocalists, should never lipsync a (almost) entire world tour.

To see the backgound-singers lipsync and see the band acting really hit me hard and made things even worse. MJ from one point to another, for me personally fell down from the greatest live entertainer ever to an average performer. Thank god I know better!

I really hope that a HIStory show will never be released, since that will show the world´s greatest live performer in a average performance to the public. One more reason for the press to bash MJ. Since we have a official Dangerous Tour release (although heavily edited, I prefer the live broadcasts) I believe only shows prior to the Dangerous Tour deserve an official release. I dont´t mind which tour, any will amaze the world ones again.

And MSG 30. Billie Jean is also mixed between the two concerts.
In one of the concerts he has the mic in his hands and in the other he hasn't. So the mix we have is weird because sometimes he has the mic and all of a sudden he doesn't! :lol:

Yes... I posted about that earlier but it was lost in maintenence.

Some purists do not want to be ripped off by different crowd shots and faked crowd noises, i.e. Bucharest 1992. Some fans were especially upset at the edited Billie Jean performance, because it's even shorter than the first leg of Bad Tour and Victory Tour.

Billie Jean in Munich is entirely from the first concert on July 4. July 6 was also filmed in the same manner, as Michael had anticipated both concerts to be combined together. By the second concert he got really tired and therefore considered just using the video from July 4. I'm happy they didn't cheat by editing everything though, but the lack of a hop or a four-corner moonwalk is disappointing. Billie Jean was ALL from July 4 and only camera angles were edited to the crazy angles that were for the supposed DVD release. Not only did MJ lack a few moves. He moved around like he was very heavy on weight during the moonwalk, didn't jump on his toes after the moonwalk and spin, and when he did the heel twirl, his left heel actually came off the ground a lot and jumped. He just obscured it in the final edited version. They should have filmed HIStory Tour in Wembley (July 12 or 15 or 17, all are fine) or Amsterdam (June 8 is awesome, June 10 not as good) instead, and that was a daytime concert with better view of the crowds even without the camera angles used in Munich. Perhaps MJ was concerned about media consent of the audience that appeared on the screens and released concerts that took place later at night. All concerts other than Munich, only have crowd shots at the beginning.

I'll repeat it one more time. The amateur videos out there are from July 6 not July 4. The close-up one was filmed by a non-fan at both concerts, as after the first chorus of Billie Jean the camera suddenly stops and shifts.

Another note: Some fans out there are so greedy! Just look at those Italian fans selling Royal on their website.

Even those people who aren't fans of MJ are nicer, because they're kind enough to donate (or at least sell at a good price) their MJ stuff to us. Like Brisbane 1987 or the Munich Amateur tape (close-up version from both concerts).

Maybe Sony is doing the same thing it did back in 2001. They've always restricted video material from MJ. I mean... Only 2 full concerts ever released. Both aren't even the best; Bucharest had bad editing, in Seoul he was sick.

The press never really bashed MJ for lip-synching. I remember watching a news article that bashed the HIStory Album for being double disc and speculated that would decrease sales!

Some fans do not like MJ not lip-synching. One said it was because "MJ was lazy. He wanted the whole concert to be lip-synched except he had to sing live for WBSS and Jackson 5 Medley." As with dancing in certain concerts that's not as good, they come up with stupid reasons, but I don't like getting too detailed with MJ's health; I'll just say they believe MJ had more surgery than he claimed. And they called us delusioned for not dealing with their so-called truth! I hate the way some fans behave towards others.

Back