Will camera's be allowed? / Camera advice [ Merged ]

mj_insane

Proud Member
just wondered as i have never been to a MJ concert before .

Will cameras be allowed ???

Re: will cameras be allowed ?

I doubt camera's will be allowed, although I would like to test my new camcorder out.. :p

i think cameras will be allowed but i don't think professional camera's will be allowed, because i had trouble with it yesterday. its beause of copyright and i could get a proper zoom on him. bt if you look back at old mj concerts you can just see camera flashes in the crowd.

I have taken a camera into a concert at the o2 before, I think what they ask for like most venues is no flashlight photography.

most venues in London let cameras in, but deffo not professional ones, or ones that look like they have mega zoom etc on.

definitely not video cameras, no way no how!

Every concert at the O2 there is a message stating no cameras however, there has never been a problem for me using a camera at the O2 - it's down to the artist and their management (the only person to ban cameras who I have seen was Kylie on the return after her illness at the beginning of 2008).

If they do ban cameras, the stewards will have a hard time stopping people using cameras on their mobile phones.

Perhaps if there is a blanket ban, there could be a point during the show when MJ will allow everyone to take photos. That way everyone would be happy!

When I went to see Prince in '07 at the o2, you wasnt allowed cameras but people brought them in anyway, but maybe it will be different for MJ

if they are allowed it would be such a pain holding it up whilst trying to enjoy yourself

also the concerts will be recorded in HD so theres no point

My advice to anyone is to take simple digital camera if you gonna take anything at all.
I wouldnt even bother taking one with XXXXXX amount of zoom.
And as to whether you can photo's it will say before the preformence.
But folks remember to bare in mind that alot of flashes can put an artist off, not just Michael but anyone so just respect that fact also...

At previous o2 concerts that i've been to, as others have said there were cameras and nothing was said...but with Michael, i don't know. Might be worth someone ringing the arena up nearer the time and finding out maybe, or if there's anyone going before July, could someone ask? I don't really want my camera confiscated, even though it's not worth much anymore! x

I'll give them a ring tommorow to find out

i have a very profesional camera (canon eos 1000d)
so i think it,s not allowed.
i will take my othe rlittle compact with me.....

My canon eos costed over thousend euro,s...... so i,m not stupid... the canon can be used at his hotel or somewhere else, but not for the concert.....

i think my canon is to proffesional and wonlt be allowed

Don't worry. Just put it in a bag and say you're only taking it for entertainment. A true professional video camera is a big heavy one with an independent microphone and a still camera is something like the EOS 1Ds Mark III or something LOL I own an EOS 450D/Rebel XSi as we call them in North America.

It's not like people are going to make money off of it - that would be wrong. It's best to be in a faraway seat and film from there with a camera with HD, long zoom range and image stabilization. Canon SX1 IS looks great. LOL I'm into cameras as well.

i have one of those fat camera with the zoom sticking out. yesterday when they were looking at my back on the screen the woman told me i have a professional camera and i cannot you it or it will be taken from me.

i wonlt take the risk with my exclusive camera.......

good photo,s i wil buy from the official sites...

When I went to see Prince in '07 at the o2, you wasnt allowed cameras but people brought them in anyway, but maybe it will be different for MJ
Yeah, I went to see Prince there too, but managed to sneak in my camera by putting it in my back pocket - and not in my bag! lol I managed to record a little bit because I was at the very last row at the top! lol

Judging from the security yesterday at the conference, I don't think they will allow cameras, maybe just mobile phones.

Venues cant ban cameras anymore as everyone has cameras on their phones these days.Normal cameras will probably be allowed but it will depend on what Michael and the promoters decide.

Personally, I would be all for banning cameras. People just spend the time click click clicking away and end up watching half the show through a camera lens, you get people putting cameras in your faces and have annoying people in front filming whole songs. It's a distraction. I would prefer the cameras to be banned and the pressure off, so everyone can just enjoy the show and not spend the evening looking for the perfect photo :)

i have a digital camera sooo they better not take it lol

It will be a logistical nightmare for them if they do, imagine the queue of people going to reclaim them at the end!

The venue won't ban cameras, if there is a ban in place it will come from Michael or the promoters. The O2 won't want the faf.

use youre mobile phone just be carefull is my advice the 02 arent known to take phones but i have seen them close to doing it at the kanye west concerts

A lot of rap artists are very strict on people filming videos and get their security to stop it.

i will be taking a digi camera, as it will be the first and last time i get to see him

I won't be taking a camera. I want to enjoy the show without clicking pix for it. Plus, something of this magnitude doesn't require phitographs to remind you of it. It will forever he embedded into my heart. ^_^

It will be a logistical nightmare for them if they do, imagine the queue of people going to reclaim them at the end!

The venue won't ban cameras, if there is a ban in place it will come from Michael or the promoters. The O2 won't want the faf.

Yeah that would be nuts.. O_O there will be so many people with cameras...

Also, like someone stated.. nothing like the taste of your own pictures that you took.. but meh. I do agree that we should just all enjoy the show..

I want to bring camera only to shoot my friends and our faces screaming with joy, and a little of Michael (very little :) as we are in BG412) No way I will be shooting the whole concert, I'd rather dance and shout :) :)

What digi camera is good for recording clips? The video camera on my phone sucks.

Back