Jackson's Comeback - What The Experts Think

mo_rizwan

Proud Member
Michael Jackson has announced a series of comeback concerts at the O2 arena in London.

These will be the 50-year-old’s first shows 12 years.

Music industry insiders give their verdict on whether it will be landmark or lacklustre.

“It’s great that he’s announced the tour. Whether he’ll do it or whether he’ll finish it is another thing.

I will definitely be buying a ticket. Whenever you see him nowadays he looks quite fragile, but at the same time it’s an exciting prospect.

Obviously the moves aren’t going to be him doing Thriller. It’s not going to be the exact same Michael. But people wonder what is it going to be, so you’re going to buy the ticket because you need to know.

He’ll probably be moonwalking in slow motion. You’ll probably have to tape it and then take it home and speed it up again. I want to see everything - I want to see him do all the tricks that he can still do without injuring himself.

I want to see all of the old tracks. When you get to a certain age and you’ve had the type of hits he’s had it’s not about bringing out a new album. He’s done the best of his work, so just celebrate it.”
LEMAR - MUSICIAN

“I met Michael Jackson a few weeks ago. He helped build Epic. Why does he mean so much? He’s the consummate artist. He’s so talented - as a writer, as a dancer, as a singer, as a performer. He’s a star. We’re not making stars any more.

His legacy is great music, incredible image and an important message. It got corny towards the end. He’s a child star and he paid a heavy price to be Michael Jackson. I don’t know anybody in the world that hasn’t got a Michael Jackson song that they love. He’s universal. He’s an icon. I used to dress up as Michael Jackson when I was a kid.”
AMANDA GHOST - HEAD OF JACKSON’S RECORD LABEL EPIC

“I think at the heart of Michael is a showman. If you look at the earlier performances they were a huge spectacle and it wasn’t just about his vocal ability.

It’ll need more than hardcore Michael Jackson fans buying tickets but you only need look at some of the nostalgic tours recently - they haven’t been half as big as Michael Jackson but they’ve sold out.

The fact that he’s committed to a huge series of gigs means he needs to be fully prepared. But as long as he rehearses, performs and gives the people what they want to hear, no-one will come away disappointed and I for one will be in the front row.”
KANYA KING - MOBO AWARDS FOUNDER

“I actually think it’s about money and I can’t blame him. But it’ll also please the fans. My son is a Michael Jackson fanatic and left home at eight o’clock on Thursday morning to queue up to see him. That says it all.”
PETE WATERMAN - RECORD PRODUCER

“There will be such a big demand. There used to be this phenomenon of the ‘harvest’ tour which was when your stars from the 60s and early 80s would go out, without the benefit of a new record, and just harvest what they deserve from their past records.

In the last year we’ve had Madonna, Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen, The Eagles and The Police raise over £150 milion from tours.

Michael is 50 this year. There were reports in the last couple of years of serious illness. Any ex-athlete will tell you it’s harder to move around at speed at 50 than when you’re 25. I saw Michael and the Jackson Five at Wembley Arena and Michael as an adult at Wembley Stadium. He was moving fine and famously then but the problem, if there is to be one, would be his health.”
PAUL GAMBACCINI - BROADCASTER

Source: BBC News

I reeally think that a few artists are up there own A**E right now, i mean i like LEMAR but come on, does he dance NO! and to say watch Michael do it in slow motion is a complete insult! MICHAEL knows how to moonwalk in his sleep and kinda makes me laugh , and it took me back to when he became fifty!! and this guy from the CNN channel said well michael with you know becoming fifty and that you will have to hang up your dancing shoes now! , and he asked what he thought of that and how was his dancing,! Michael replies *BETTER THAN EVER! and this guy just shut up! so what i say is, watch this space i think a lot of ppl are going to be very surprised!! very surprised!! they think he cannot do it! all i will say.

THIS IS IT!!

watch this space!! lol!

Terry

and as regards the old tracks i think you will, but not loads, and then Lemar he will teach you to sing! lol and how a record should sound!! a vocal range that only you could dream of!!

For its time for the new artists to move over and bow cus the KING OF POP IS BACK!

Terry

Who the fuck is lemar anyway? What a cock

Yep i know , i heard him saying things on radio in interview and he was so up himself, he is not that good, !

Where Michael is a living legend!!

there all scared the spotlight is starting to fade on them again.

Michael is just like so much better than , all the ones around

T

I and this guy from the CNN channel said well michael with you know becoming fifty and that you will have to hang up your dancing shoes now! , and he asked what he thought of that and how was his dancing,! Michael replies *BETTER THAN EVER! and this guy just shut up!
Terry

when was that interview with the CNN?

Michael Jackson has announced a series of comeback concerts at the O2 arena in London.

These will be the 50-year-old’s first shows 12 years.

Music industry insiders give their verdict on whether it will be landmark or lacklustre.

Source: BBC News

thanks for posting these quotes.

Lemar is talking out of his ass. There are many 50 year olds that can still shake it, and Mike will prove them all wrong!! Just because you are 50 freaking years old, doesn't mean you are ready to use a cane, goddamn it!! Take it from me!! I should know about this crap!!

I know that Michael is getting older, but I don't think he'll have any problems. Look at James Brown, rocking it out at 65. Or Mick Jagger. The biggest issue I have is his voice, and whether he'll still be able to sing perfectly while dancing (and his dance routines are much more complicated than anything Britney Spears or Chris Brown have done.) I think, if he's able to do that, he won't have any problems.

Maybe he'll slow it down and do some ballads in between to take the pressure off?

I'm glad they all want to go and see him perform and are excited about it. As for Lemar, what he said says a hell of a lot more about him as a person than it does about MJ. I wish people would stop saying he is doing it for the money because he obviously isn't, if he was then he would be charging ridiculous prices for tickets like Madonna and Beyonce are doing right now.

Who the fuck is lemar anyway? What a cock

I think (dont quote me on it) that Lemar was one of the finalists on the Fame Academy show in the UK. He has had a good career since I believe.

I must admit I not expecting much dancing at all. You know I was watching some amateur footage on YouTube earlier of MSG and I noticed apart from the main routines how little he actually danced during the singing of the songs.

I really believe that once he goes out once or twice and does the show he will be fine after that once he is comfortable.

As yet I really cant decide whether or not he will sing or lip-sync. I mean he has been doing that since, well, 1988! It occurred to me that he has not sung one song that came after BAD live except Gone to Soon at the Clinton gala, a verse or 2 of Dangerous at Osstende, a verse of Scream at Brunei, and thats all I can think of right now. I mean, if its something like Smooth Criminal or Dangerous then I dont mind playback because of the dance routines. But if its something like You are not alone where he basically stands there for 5 mins there is no excuse for refusing to sing it live (and let's be fair, his live vocals on YANA at the end of the song on the HIStory tour were just fantastic, and quite beautiful I thought!)
So from that point of view, I dont see him singing live. On the other hand, he might be eager to try again, and he cannot have throat problems for ever!

Lemar has his own opinion to be honest.
Lemar's one of these singers who sounds the same all the time theres no change.
To be honest if you ask me Lemar knows cack!
And thats not speaking to stand up for Michael thats my attitude towards Lemar in general

it never felt this good to be an MJ fan...
you are proud when you see all others doubt, or bow down to him now when he is back.

I'm glad they all want to go and see him perform and are excited about it. As for Lemar, what he said says a hell of a lot more about him as a person than it does about MJ. I wish people would stop saying he is doing it for the money because he obviously isn't, if he was then he would be charging ridiculous prices for tickets like Madonna and Beyonce are doing right now.
The real answer is who gives a damn? We all need money (I know what a shocker!) and mj has 3 kids to provide for.

Every other artist can do tours on a continouse basis. Madonna for instance, she is a businesswoman. You mean to tell me she ain't doing if for the money or Prince. Of course they are. It's just not about money, that's their living, it's their creativity and enjoyment. People like Michael and Prince were born to do it, it's in their blood. It's a passion.

Lamar an expert, that must be a joke. I've seen him being interviewed many times and he's not very articulate.

Some of the things Lamar said ........

"Obviously the moves aren’t going to be him doing Thriller."

Well this makes no sense, because not every dance step Michael does are from the Thriller video. And when Michael does perform Thriller obviously his moves will be Michael doing Thriller.

"He’ll probably be moonwalking in slow motion. You’ll probably have to tape it and then take it home and speed it up again."

Michael Moonwalking in slow motion, well the Moonwalk is not supposed to be a high speed dance move. There is no gravity in outer space, so Moonwalking in slow motion would be perfect as Michael would have perfected the weightlessness of space. Besides when Michael Moonwalks in a circle, it's supposed to be slow motion.

Lamar sings like an old man who's lost his vocal ability, he has a flat voice with no character. He has no energy on stage, and I'm 100% sure Michael at 50yrs old will put him to shame at 20yrs + older than him.

I think (dont quote me on it) that Lemar was one of the finalists on the Fame Academy show in the UK. He has had a good career since I believe.

Not anymore, his last album was a huge flop and he receives no radio airplay from mainstream radio like Radio 1.

Lemar won Fame Academy over here in the UK a few years ago??

He had one or two good songs. He had a song Dance with you which I loved.

I dont think he meant badly by what he said here, just a little joke and people have sound things a thousand times worse.

Lemar won Fame Academy over here in the UK a few years ago??

He had one or two good songs. He had a song Dance with you which I loved.

I dont think he meant badly by what he said here, just a little joke and people have sound things a thousand times worse.

I also really liked that "Dance With Me" song - reminded me of Michael actually:)

Lemar made some dumb comments there (the moonwalk in slow motion? *snorts*), but I could give a flying rat's furry little behind about Lemar at this point lol. We have other things to worry about like tickets LOL:D

I also really liked that "Dance With Me" song - reminded me of Michael actually:)

Lemar made some dumb comments there (the moonwalk in slow motion? *snorts*), but I could give a flying rat's furry little behind about Lemar at this point lol. We have other things to worry about like tickets LOL:D

'Dance with me' thats the one. That was a good song.

Yeah, nothing negative anyone is saying is really bothering me at the moment, especially something small like Lemar said. Im just so happy that I might be getting the chance to see him live and these idiots are missing out and will be sitting at home this summer in a dark room with there massive earphones on listening to their heavy metal.

Although to be fair, a lot of people who say they dont like him as a person are even saying they would like to see him live :S

Here's a little hint Lemar. When you outsell Michael Jackson, THEN you can talk sh*t about him.

Oh come on now seriously, the guy just had a little joke. Talking sh*t is a massive overstatement and I am sure he is a big Michael Jackson fan.

He could have said a lot worse things if he was going to be malicious.

I understand everyone here loves Michael Jackson, as do I. But my gosh are some of you touchy sometimes.

You'd think that with some of the stuff we have all heard over the years about child molestation and surgeries that this would be taken lightly.

He didnt have to say it, and I would much prefer if he didnt say it but come on. Its hardly anything get upset about.

Guy was just trying to have a bit of a laugh at the end of the day.

Back