Make a Vacation of it!! For those of us traveling long distances.

Ape

Guests
I am hoping to get tickets to Eurodisney in Paris to go with my kids while I am there. I would like to do other things around Europe as well.. Is anyone else planning on doing this? Would fans like to get together to go somewhere special together other than the concerts? Maybe this is where we can brainstorm ideas.

I would love to get together, but unfortunately, I'll be more focused on doing my own thing with the people I'm coming with. I wish everyone that does meet up with their friends lots of luck, though!

I'm also making a vacation out of it, after spending $1200 on a plane ticket alone I figured its the best thing to do.
I'm going with my boyfriend, sister and brother, so we'll spend a few days in London and a few more in Paris, nothing fancy just visit the main attractions.

Last edited:
im supposedly going to see sum underground muesem and other things while im there. wherever my sister takes me lol

Daphnieas I'll be taking my kids to Paris too! The underwater train or whatever it is. I want to take them to EuroDisney. For the same reason as you, that's why it's vacation time for us. I have never been there nor have my kids. I love traveling and want to pass the love of traveling on to my kids as well. I can't wait! When abouts are you going? I thought it would be fun to try to travel in groups if possible, (get discounts too maybe.. ) and safer. Though not necessary.

Michealsson that sounds fun too.

We might be in Eurodisney as well this summer or fall, not sure yet due to finances but its around the corner for us, if we're going it'll probably be around september/october.

I fly to London, meet up with friends there, go to the show. Then I travel the North of UK where I meet up with my family who are flying in from Europe to meet me, then I meet up with a few friends there before flying home. Once home I will spending time with my family and my friends, sorting out some business, celebrating my country's National Holiday (20th August) and then seeing Madonna @ concert on the 22nd..I fly back on the 26th..how much more should I cramp into 3 weeks???:)

I fly to London, meet up with friends there, go to the show. Then I travel the North of UK where I meet up with my family who are flying in from Europe to meet me, then I meet up with a few friends there before flying home. Once home I will spending time with my family and my friends, sorting out some business, celebrating my country's National Holiday (20th August) and then seeing Madonna @ concert on the 22nd..I fly back on the 26th..how much more should I cramp into 3 weeks???:)
Wow.. yer gonna see MJ and Madonna this summer.. makes for a wonderful summer

Hey Ape! The underwater train sounds like fun hee hee. I've never been to Paris so I'm more than looking forward to it. We're gonna stay in London in luly from the 16 to the 20 and then from the 21 to 24 in Paris. CAN NOT WAIT!

Haven't planned in going to Eurodisney mostly for financial reasons LOL, plus we went to Orlando in November...

Wow.. yer gonna see MJ and Madonna this summer.. makes for a wonderful summer

YEP...I can't complain can I .....perfect timing, hard work and heaps of stress..

as per Murphy it is likely I will be jetlagged and fighting a flue and fever or worse....:no: but hey yeah it still worth it isnt it? :punk:

London is one of the places I've always wanted to visit!! I haven't been on vacation in a long, long time.. and I would love to make a vacation of it.. like it doesn't have to be merely seeing MJ.

I'll do sightseeing..

Last edited:
I am only in London 3 1/2 days. I was kind of stretching dollars just to come over since I am just finishing school. I will have to come back again to do major site-seeing. For my short time I will try to see as much as I can while I am there. Since I am a student of architecture I will definately want to spend at least a day visiting some of the good/interesting/famous architectural sites in London. I wonder if there is an architectural tour? That might simplify things and give me a chance to see more than I would on my own. I definately want to visit some of Norman Foster's Buildings. He designed the first 'green' (as in environmentally responsible) skyscrapers. All of his designs are amazing. (Stansted Airport is by him so that is one I will see regardless). I will ask some of my professors what they recommend.

My best friend highly recommended I see the Rosette Stone at the British Museum. It is the reason we are able to translate hyroglyphics and so is of enormous importance..just that one stone. The British museum sounds hugh and museums tend to take a whole day so I don't know yet about that.

My friend also mentioned Stratford on Avon (that is where Shakespeare lived) but I think it is too far out of London for me to make a trip to. Some of you who have more time might want to look in to it.

I have a ticket for the afterparty so I will go to that on the 14th of July and I will no doubt check in at The MJJC Clubhouse to meet and talk to fellow fans.

I am not as much into seeing shows as I am in seeing the things that London has that 'can't be moved' that London is known for. LOL.

I have not really had time to look into what is all there yet since I won't have time until after I defend my thesis. When I do start checking I am a good vacation researcher though. LOL. I get pretty intense. I love traveling and seeing new things.

Omg LION KING is awesome!! You'll enjoy it. :D I remember going to see it quite awhile ago. I can't wait to go sightseeing and just strolling around!

In addition to what I just wrote above, I just checked out moonstreets thread and the Big Bus Tour sounds like a great idea to spend a day doing. You get discount coupons from them as well so I think it will probably be one of the first things I want to do. Besides, it gives a quick overview and from there it is easier to decide what to go back to. It would be great if we could get a whole group of MJ fans together on the tour. It sound like a great way to get to see a lot of London and to have someone tell you about it as you go.

http://www.bigbustours.com/eng/london/custompage.aspx?id=the_big_bus_tour_overview

or this one:

http://www.theoriginaltour.com/

I am only in London 3 1/2 days. I was kind of stretching dollars just to come over since I am just finishing school. I will have to come back again to do major site-seeing. For my short time I will try to see as much as I can while I am there. Since I am a student of architecture I will definately want to spend at least a day visiting some of the good/interesting/famous architectural sites in London. I wonder if there is an architectural tour? That might simplify things and give me a chance to see more than I would on my own. I definately want to visit some of Norman Foster's Buildings. He designed the first 'green' (as in environmentally responsible) skyscrapers. All of his designs are amazing. (Stansted Airport is by him so that is one I will see regardless). I will ask some of my professors what they recommend.

My best friend highly recommended I see the Rosette Stone at the British Museum. It is the reason we are able to translate hyroglyphics and so is of enormous importance..just that one stone. The British museum sounds hugh and museums tend to take a whole day so I don't know yet about that.

My friend also mentioned Stratford on Avon (that is where Shakespeare lived) but I think it is too far out of London for me to make a trip to. Some of you who have more time might want to look in to it.

I have a ticket for the afterparty so I will go to that on the 14th of July and I will no doubt check in at The MJJC Clubhouse to meet and talk to fellow fans.

I am not as much into seeing shows as I am in seeing the things that London has that 'can't be moved' that London is known for. LOL.

I have not really had time to look into what is all there yet since I won't have time until after I defend my thesis. When I do start checking I am a good vacation researcher though. LOL. I get pretty intense. I love traveling and seeing new things.

Yeah, I'd really love to go on some day trip outside of London too. Like Oxford, Stonehenge, Bath...something like that. See some of the countryside and see something historical...that would be really cool. :yes:

I am going to stay in London for 3 days with some of my family members and my best friend, also a huuuuuuge MJ fan. We are gonna make a vacation out of it by visit lots of other places as well. I have only been to London 1 time and I was so little I barely remember so its gonna be great, its a wonderful city :)

Right now the plan is for 4 days in London. It was originally to be 6 but there's somewhere else I really REALLY want to go so it's down to 4 in London and 3 days in the other place which gives me 7 days of vacation instead of 6...and it could change again. lol Good thing I haven't locked in my reservations yet.

Anyway, I basically want to do/see in London everything I can't do/see anywhere else. I can go to the zoo and places like that in my own city so I'm going for the "only-in-London" activities/experiences. Gonna go see the English river my name originates from. Should be cool...as long as I don't drown in it. eek!

Back