revealed..more info on O2 shows!

mizzneneluvzmj

Proud Member
In an interview to Hitfix, AEG Live president/CEO Randy Phllips, revealed some more details on the upcoming concerts at the O2 Arena.

Talking about the huge demand for tickets for the 50 concerts in London he said:

“We could have done 200 shows if he was willing to live in London for two years.

Phillips also cleared up what Michael Jackson meant at the press conference when saying: “These will be my final show performances in London.

“What he meant was London.

The truth is our deal is in phases and the only phase he’s agreed to is London. It’s very possible there are other cities. We call it his Capital Market Residency.

He also confirmed that choreographer Kenny Ortega (”Dirty Dancing”, “High School Musical”) is working with Michael Jackson on the show.

Since the press is raising questions whether or not Michael Jackson will in the end actually take the stage Phillips joked to British The Daily Telegraph:

“If Mike gets too nervous to go on, I’ll throw him over my shoulder and carry him on stage. He’s light enough.

Phillips also revealed that the tour’s tagline, “This is It,” came from Michael Jackson himself.

“I said, ‘Mikey, that’s perfect. This is the place to be’.

And yes, he admitted, he does call Michael Jackson “Mikey.

MJFC-USA/ HitFix..

I think I read this before. At least the part of him dragging Michael on stage ;)

err I don't like the dragging part...but I guess they don't want to loose their money :smilerolleyes:

Some claims..if the tickets really sold out..why thre is still plenty of tickets left to sell...??

Was a bit confuse too..

Is there anyone to explain to me..??about the tickets detail?

In an interview to Hitfix, AEG Live president/CEO Randy Phllips, revealed some more details on the upcoming concerts at the O2 Arena.

Talking about the huge demand for tickets for the 50 concerts in London he said:

“We could have done 200 shows if he was willing to live in London for two years.

Phillips also cleared up what Michael Jackson meant at the press conference when saying: “These will be my final show performances in London.

“What he meant was London.

The truth is our deal is in phases and the only phase he’s agreed to is London. It’s very possible there are other cities. We call it his Capital Market Residency.

He also confirmed that choreographer Kenny Ortega (”Dirty Dancing”, “High School Musical”) is working with Michael Jackson on the show.

Since the press is raising questions whether or not Michael Jackson will in the end actually take the stage Phillips joked to British The Daily Telegraph:

“If Mike gets too nervous to go on, I’ll throw him over my shoulder and carry him on stage. He’s light enough.

Phillips also revealed that the tour’s tagline, “This is It,” came from Michael Jackson himself.

MJFC-USA/ HitFix..

I think they are pushing their luck a little bit.

I'm actually really worried because everyone is selling their tickets at a higher price and i can't help but just wonder..."How many people are actually going?"

I think they are pushing their luck a little bit.

I'm actually really worried because everyone is selling their tickets at a higher price and i can't help but just wonder..."How many people are actually going?"

Interesting thought that has crossed my mind as well :yes:
I guess we will be able to see that when (and if) the price of the tickets on re-sale are dropping. If the price stays high, than the demand stays high and thus a lot of people will go.

If the tickets loose value then the demand drops - but then you get the situation that other people will buy the tickets because they cannot afford them at the current prices.

See how this little phrase can be interpreted in different ways? Most fans took it to mean that this was the end of his touring. Even though he ended it with "in London". But look how Phillip interpreted it.

yeah, right :lol:
Well, why not? He's worked with Michael on his other tours, like "Dangerous" and "HIStory". :unsure: I even remember back in 07' when Michael was in Las Vegas, he had a meet up with him at a restaurant in the Wynn.

Well, why not? He's worked with Michael on his other tours, like "Dangerous" and "HIStory". :unsure: I even remember back in 07' when Michael was in Las Vegas, he had a meet up with him at a restaurant in the Wynn.

lolz, I'm sorry but associating high school musical with Michael Jackson just cracked me up a little bit haha, that was all.

lolz, I'm sorry but associating high school musical with Michael Jackson just cracked me up a little bit haha, that was all.
Ohh, yea, that cracked me up too. :lol: :bugeyed HSM + MJ = WUT?! o_0

xD

Ohh, yea, that cracked me up too. :lol: :bugeyed HSM + MJ = OKAY.. THEN...

xD

LOL, I know! It's...Ridiculous :S

Associating a bunch of teens to the world's biggest selling artist ever/most famous man alive is a bit weird :/

I really do hope that he will do also some other European shows...

Paris is a nice location, but also the Gelredome in The Netherlands or the Werchter-open-air-area are very nice...

I really do hope that he will do also some other European shows...

Paris is a nice location, but also the Gelredome in The Netherlands or the Werchter-open-air-area are very nice...

Gelredome? Michael in the Gelredome? While he has sold out the Kuip and the Amsterdam Arena many times?

Gelredome is for sissies lol - no offence to all the artists who have been there but I just can imagine MJ there tbh.

I'd like the Heineken Music Hall, great sound!

No way is that gonna happen though...

“We could have done 200 shows if he was willing to live in London for two years.”

Phillips also cleared up what Michael Jackson meant at the press conference when saying: “These will be my final show performances in London.”

“What he meant was London."
I believed so most of the times (I was confused at first) but nice to hear Randy Phillips confirmed it:yes:

“I said, ‘Mikey, that’s perfect. This is the place to be.”

And yes, he admitted, he does call Michael Jackson “Mikey.”
This is it! Soon as I first heard it I loved it and still do. I just knew it's his idea!
Read one of the articles that the association between Randy Phillips and Mike goes back 15 years, which can tell something about him calling MJ "Mikey".

Last edited:
well if he decides to do more countries then why make it so hard for fans in london to buy the tix they want

Back