Win 2 Tickets to see Michael Jackson LIVE in London!

MsMo

Proud Member
The AlgoaFM Michael Jackson Competition!

Tickets to see Michael Jackson LIVE in London are SOLD OUT!

BUT, you may just be in luck....

AlgoaFM is giving away 2 tickets to see Michael Jackson LIVE in London!

Competition starts on Monday 4 May!

Algoa FM’s promotion in which you could win a trip to see Michael Jackson “live” at the O2 Arena in London, is conducted in accordance with the provisions of section 54 of the Lotteries Amendment Act, 2001, as amended.

RULES:

By entering into this competition, entrants agree to the rules as stipulated below.
• Entrants enter into the competition, and use the prizes won, at their own risk.
• Algoa FM and/or any of its partners/sponsors/advertisers cannot be held responsible for any accident, injury, harm or loss as a result of entry into the competition or use of a prize.
• Our Winner will be notified on air and by telephone.
• Algoa FM and its associate sponsors reserve the right to cancel the competition prior to the winner announcement without any prior notice and at any time, if deemed necessary in their opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of their control.
• In the event of such cancellation, all participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that they have no recourse against Algoa FM, its employees, agents, partners, sponsors or promoters.
• No person may on behalf of a third party, enter this competition. All entries must be made personally by the entrant.
• After this promotion, the winner will not be eligible to enter any other subsequent promotions or competitions run by the station for a period of one year.
• The competition is NOT open to the directors, members, partners, agents, employees or consultants of Algoa FM, its sponsors or any associated partner of the aforementioned companies.
• The prize will only be issued after the close of the competition.
• The Winner may be required to appear on Algoa FM, its website, mobi-site or in printed publications, for which no fee will be payable.

PLEASE NOTE:

The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Prizes are not flexible or transferable and cannot be deferred or exchanged for cash.
The winner and partner must be in possession of a valid passport.
The winner and their respective partner must be eligible for a UK Visa and be healthy and willing to travel during the respective period of the prize issued (see below).
Should the winner not be eligible for a UK Visa nor be in the possession of a valid passport, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be drawn, should time allow.
The competition draw will take place on Monday the 1st of June 2009 and the winner will be announced shortly before 09:00 on Algoa FM.

Please note: Algoa FM will endeavor to contact our prizewinner for two (working) days following his or her name having been drawn. If, however, that person cannot be reached, the prize will be forfeited and another winner selected.

Should the Michael Jackson concert to which we have acquired tickets not realize due to any unforeseen circumstance outside Algoa FM’s control, the concert will be forfeited, however the trip to London will still go ahead. This will be done in consultation with the winner.

HOW TO ENTER:

• The competition commences on Monday the 4th of May at 06:00 and closes on Thursday the 28th of May at 18:00.
• When queued to enter, SMS the word “JACKSON” followed by your name to 35 800.
• Queues to call will occur in 30 minute windows sporadically throughout the day.
• You may enter as many times as you like during the specified 30 minute entry windows.
• A finalist will be announced after each specified 30 minute entry window.
• SMSes are charged at R3.00 per SMS.
• The competition closes at 18:00 on Thursday the 28th of May.
• All finalists’ names will go to our auditors on Friday the 29th of May, in preparation for the final draw.
• The winner will be announced shortly before 09:00 on Monday the 1st of June.
• The winner will receive the following prize:
A 3 day (2 nights) package – for 2 PEOPLE
Package Plan

• Winners Fly to London to arrive on Sunday 20th September
• Algoa FM’s business associates will personally meet the winners at London Airport
• Our winners will be taken by car to a 3* Hotel in Central London
• 2 nights Hotel Accommodation including breakfast.
• Free time to enjoy the sights of London
• 3 day travel card for unlimited free travel on trains and buses in London.
• Vouchers for a trip on the London Eye and lunch, OR dinner at London's Hard Rock Cafe
• On Monday the 21st of September go to the O2 Arena to see MICHAEL JACKSON “live” in concert.
• The concert tickets are for seats in the VIP section very close to the stage. (VIP guests have their own exclusive lounge to use at the O2 Arena before and after the show with a separate entrance away from the main crowds.)
• On Tuesday the 22nd of September, our winners will be collected by private car from their hotel and taken to the Airport

http://www.radioalgoa.com/view_competition.asp?cache=5%2F5%2F2009+4%3A17%3A03+AM&competitionID=403

Listen Live

Last edited:
I hope non UK can enter. 20th September eh? My birthday! :wild:

I entered, thanks. :) Had a London friend enter for me, too!

I think so, since you have to be in SA to be able to send the sms. Not that many South Africans here, but maybe Bongani will see it.

I think so, since you have to be in SA to be able to send the sms. Not that many South Africans here, but maybe Bongani will see it.

Hopefully, I just hope a true fan gets these :D I know we've been saying this all along but when they were giving them away in the UK it was always people who 'like MJ's music' who won :(

EDIT: Not that i'm complaining, it's great that so many people like his music, but they should go to someone who loves it :)

Hopefully, I just hope a true fan gets these :D I know we've been saying this all along but when they were giving them away in the UK it was always people who 'like MJ's music' who won :(

EDIT: Not that i'm complaining, it's great that so many people like his music, but they should go to someone who loves it :)

Yes, I totally agree:yes: - we can only hope:)

I SEE IT!! Well, its pointless entering since I'm not in possession of an Passport or VISA, and these things take about 6-7 months. No South African deserves these tickets more than me but It would seem I screwed. May the best man win!

I SEE IT!! Well, its pointless entering since I'm not in possession of an Passport or VISA, and these things take about 6-7 months. No South African deserves these tickets more than me but It would seem I screwed. May the best man win!

Hey hun, that's a shame :( there've got to be other fans in the country though who'll be able to enter :)

Hey hun, that's a shame :( there've got to be other fans in the country though who'll be able to enter :)

Yep there's alot of MJ fans this side, hence he had 4 shows for the History Tour in S.A. (I went to one of them, I was only 11 at the time). I hope someone who's as crazy about MJ as I am gets them.

Aah man, that's a shame. At least we can pass on the news to fans we know who are in a position to go:yes:

Back