Basically we got 'effed' over?

I am talking to a fellow dutch fan on MSN. He bought another ticket today, and said the seat is a MUCH better place than he first had. He also said the tickets in general now are much better than the tickets they sold a few months ago. He said... 'basically, the fans got facked over, most of them got 'bad' places...' and now they are selling so much better seats.

I really would like an explanation from O2 or ticketmaster for that matter.
Here i was thinking all the tickets were sold out..but now look. What the hell?

Well these are productions seats, meaning those were reserved in case they needed the space for the stage and set design. So yes those will be good, generally.

Well, I've noticed that the best tickets I got were from viagogo (they were not cheap of course). I got a row C just 2 days ago for 331 pounds. The A row cost me £640 plus back in March. From TM I had to buy a VIP ticket to be in row D for £795 back then. Otherwise I was keep getting back seats while others were getting cheap A block seats at the same time as me. I don't know... maybe different people had different experiences...

never satisfied

I AM satisfied, i only find this rather odd. Let's also NOT forget that most of us paid the full price for something that should have cost less!!!!!! We really all know that all too well...never made a big deal out of it..but fair? no....more like lying to people, that's basically what it is.

You have a pass port, Plane Tickets, Hotel ,Transportation to the concert and of course a ticket. That is more then some people got. From the outside looking in it seems that people are not satisfied with what they got, they want better. If i had all of the above i would be ecstatic to even be apart of whats going on in London regardless where i sat. I wanted to go to these concerts but that's not possible for me. So, with what i am about to say next i don't want you to be offended but that's how its going to seem, I say Get over it and stop bitching because you got the first tickets issued. You get to go, You get to see Michael Live and in person. So i don't think you got F**ked over.

Again i am sorry if i offended anyone with this post.:yes:

i got two tickets for my mate for two hundred pounds each and they were amazing tickets from viagogo...i had no idea what productin tickets were in the first place so i didn't even pay attention.

i don't think we got screwed, i think they allotted more space for teh stage. better this way than telling 100 fans taht their seats were cancelled cuz the stage was too big and they had to scrap those seats.

I do understand the point. If production tickets got available because of the stage why on earth were tickets in back blocks in lower and upper tier sold yesterday? I mean that has nothing to do with the stage.....

I think we should all just be happy we are going to see an amazing event. Once in a lifetime. With that in mind it's all gravy!

Are you guys saying the production seats are in front of the ones people paid big bucks for to sit front row? Or am I misunderstanding?

I do understand the point. If production tickets got available because of the stage why on earth were tickets in back blocks in lower and upper tier sold yesterday? I mean that has nothing to do with the stage.....
I think they simply released tix they had.

Yup we did...good and proper. It makes me cringe to think how much I spent on viagogo seats. I'm beginning to wish I never bothered. It's easy for people to say stop bitching but to pay hundreds for a ticket then much better ones are sold on tm months later...it's a slap in the face. Esp when yesterday people had the pick of the bunch, nothing like the first presale.

I agree with StaceyMJ, I was lucky enough to get a presale code back in March and one for yesterday. I believe I paid full price for my tix but still got nosebleed seats, but after spending 3hrs online with TM getting booted off I was happy to get anything. Whoever is in charge made you think that if you didn't get them right then and there, then you would be shit out of luck because the shows will be sold out once they go onsale to the general public. Then once the general public sale was over all you heard was MJ CONCERTS ALL SOLD OUT. Since I didn't know what production seats meant I gave my presale code away to someone that got their original show date moved to March and they had to refund those tickets. I don't regret my decision but damn it is kinda messed up that all the ppl that got tickets yesterday got really good seats for the same price I got my nosebleeds for. That right there just tears my nerves.
Oh well I will make do with what I bought, my friend and I will just bring some binoculars, and enjoy the show and the ppl around us.

I'm annoyed too - I got crappy seats back in March and am only going to one show. I desperately want to go to another and preferably with a good seat but Ticketmaster make it impossible because you're not allowed to buy more tickets. I think it's perfectly reasonable to put some restrictions on, like no more than two shows per person or something but one show in a run of 50 concerts spanning 9 months?!

I tried to get a single ticket yesterday using an 02 code and every one they offered me was a better position than my original seats. I had to try to pay on a friend's card so that the tickets wouldnt be connected to my card/address etc and the process was so ridiculous and long with me ringing her screaming 'what's your security password?!! What's your postcode?!' etc (even though I had already registered the card on the site) and all in 7 minutes.

Finally when it should have been confirming my order I just got a message saying 'There is no more availability on this concert' or some SH*T even though I still had time left on the counter and the tickets should've been reserved! I am heartbroken, it was such a good seat! Now if I want to go to another concert with a decent seat it's going to cost me hundreds of pounds and I just can't afford it! I just wish I hadn't bought any crappy seats in March, then I could've used my own card yesterday and it probably would have worked. I hate Ticketmaster so much I cannot express!

You have a pass port, Plane Tickets, Hotel ,Transportation to the concert and of course a ticket. That is more then some people got. From the outside looking in it seems that people are not satisfied with what they got, they want better. If i had all of the above i would be ecstatic to even be apart of whats going on in London regardless where i sat. I wanted to go to these concerts but that's not possible for me. So, with what i am about to say next i don't want you to be offended but that's how its going to seem, I say Get over it and stop bitching because you got the first tickets issued. You get to go, You get to see Michael Live and in person. So i don't think you got F**ked over.

Again i am sorry if i offended anyone with this post.:yes:

No plane ticket, no hotel. It's boat and camping for me...MUCH cheaper :).
The thing is....some of us think it's all good and fine. And no matter what...that we should be happy, and i am. But it's nonsense to just forget everything ...i think we have the right to complain too. If a few months ago it was really all sold out. How can they have normal tickets now?

So basically....they definitely have been lying to people in general.
First with the prices of the tickets...it was first said that upper-tier tickets would cost less than tickets for seats that were much better....but in the end we paid exactly the same. And then this...it's odd, but not much we can do about it.

Treat it as a learning experience. The knowledge you gain from this experience can be used in the future for other concerts.

@Laura Jo,
I understand how you feel about TM.. Just think about the people from the US that bought tix to the shows, we got hit with the currency exchange and man let me tell you, it's nothing pretty about the exchange rate for the US dollar right now. Then we got hit with a 13.80 GBP Fed Ex fee, which I doubt I will get my tickets b4 the show. I wonder if they will refund me that fee if my tickets don't arrive b4 I leave.
Ticketmaster basically has as monopoly on tickets to any event, where is the senate hearings on that.

I can only imagine what TM-USA will charge for MJ's concerts if he tours over here..

Well these are productions seats, meaning those were reserved in case they needed the space for the stage and set design. So yes those will be good, generally.
no they werent it was a blatent lie. the tickets were for all over the venue. if its production seats it would have been seats in bocks such as 113 and 118. yesterday u had tickets in the a/b /c blocks 102 111 etc etc. these seats have nothing to do with the production as they are no where near the stage interms of the size of it. they do this all the time holding back tickets to get ppl to buy OTT prices on viagogo. does mj get a cut of the prices on viagogo. i doubt it. are ticks still left on TM? becasue there were loads yesterday. atthis rate and with the amount of tickets on viagogo we are heading for another cock up with empty seats

it would have been also fair if they would have sold these cool tickets in the next days when the postponing for March got announced..so the ppl who got their ticket "lost" then for July and wanted really go this year could have bought some for face value instead of via...blah:(

I feel really down and upset about it all today. I'm sad that all this business has tarnished what should just be a purely happy time for us all anticipating the concerts. I know I'll forget it all when I hear the first sound come out of Michael's mouth (or will I be gazing longingly at the block 112 row d seat I lost out on yesterday?!) but still... Thanks for nothing Ticketshafters, you have made this a truely hellish process.

I feel really down and upset about it all today. I'm sad that all this business has tarnished what should just be a purely happy time for us all anticipating the concerts. I know I'll forget it all when I hear the first sound come out of Michael's mouth (or will I be gazing longingly at the block 112 row d seat I lost out on yesterday?!) but still... Thanks for nothing Ticketshafters, you have made this a truely hellish process.

Totally agree this has kinda ruined it for me too. I'm looking at my credit card bill thinking damn. Yeah it's my fault for paying those price but omg wouldn't any fan who lived an hour away from London do the same? Maybe not maybe I'm just an idiot lol. But yeah, not feeling so good about it all now it has to be said. Like someone said this is a huge learning experience for me, shame we had to learn the hard way! I had planned to maybe travel somewhere if he did more shows but tbh I don't think I'll bother now i've seen the problems people outside the uk are having now. I hope to god they haven't ballsed this up for michael with empty seats etc then I'll be really mad!! Lol!

Yeah it's rather sad. And i've been to several concerts here in Holland, and never had this. And on july 3 i'm going to Bruce Springsteen in Frankfurt,Germany. We didn't had this shit with the tickets. It's a shame. And i don't think Michael is at fault here...i think not at all.

But i don't really get it....why sell these tickets for great seats now, and not a few months ago during the first sale? What do they gain with this?

I really feel for those who had tickets for the 2nd 3rd and 4th shows....being sent to the "end of the queue" is just horrible for them..I would have given them outmost priority if there were any new tickets released (like these) close to their original dates....

Yeah it's rather sad. And i've been to several concerts here in Holland, and never had this. And on july 3 i'm going to Bruce Springsteen in Frankfurt,Germany. We didn't had this shit with the tickets. It's a shame. And i don't think Michael is at fault here...i think not at all.

But i don't really get it....why sell these tickets for great seats now, and not a few months ago during the first sale? What do they gain with this?

Bruce is actually having a HUGE issue with his tickets. Much bigger than this one...Read this:

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009/02/nj_attorney_general_investigat.html

@Laura Jo,
I understand how you feel about TM.. Just think about the people from the US that bought tix to the shows, we got hit with the currency exchange and man let me tell you, it's nothing pretty about the exchange rate for the US dollar right now. Then we got hit with a 13.80 GBP Fed Ex fee, which I doubt I will get my tickets b4 the show. I wonder if they will refund me that fee if my tickets don't arrive b4 I leave.
Ticketmaster basically has as monopoly on tickets to any event, where is the senate hearings on that.

I can only imagine what TM-USA will charge for MJ's concerts if he tours over here..

http://www.examiner.com/x-6449-NY-E...nvestigation-after-Springsteen-ticket-scandal

Back