AEG On Ticket Refunds - Only Through Authorized Outlets

Birchey

Proud Member
AEG has promised a full refund for tickets to Michael Jackson's 50 London concert dates -- if you bought your tickets through an "authorized dealer."

In a statement that was set to be released in a couple of hours -- that somehow leaked -- AEG promises "the refunds will be processed by each of the authorised ticket agencies (e.g. Ticketmaster, Viagogo, See or Ticketline)."

And the statement says fans "will have the option to be sent the actual tickets" for the show. Translation -- one hell of an expensive keepsake.

www.tmz.com

I would love the ticket for the show! I just can't afford to pay £600+ for a bit of card, I wonder if they ment you will get a ticket with a refund

Last edited:
what a bunch of money grabbing feckers even at this time taking advantage of fans shame on them

I would love the ticket for the show! I just can't afford to pay £300 for a bit of card, I wonder if they ment you will get a ticket with a refund
at least with viagogo tickets it would be good...:(

By Mitchell Peters, L.A.

AEG Live will give full refunds to fans who purchased tickets through authorized agents to Michael Jackson's 50 planned concerts at the O2 Arena in London, according to a news release from the promoter, which operates the O2 Arena. The refunds will include service fee charges.
On July 1, fans who purchased tickets to Jackson's "This Is It" concerts will be directed to MichaelJacksonLive.com for information about how to receive full refunds. The refunds will be processed by authorized ticketing agencies, including primary ticketing company Ticketmaster and U.K. reseller Viagogo, among others.
Fans will be also given the option to receive the concert tickets as souvenirs in lieu of the full refund. The tickets were printed with the lenticular process and were designed by Jackson, according to the release. The offer will be valid through Aug. 14.
"The world lost a kind soul who just happened to be the greatest entertainer the world has ever known," AEG Live president/CEO Randy Phillips said in a statement. "Since he loved his fans in life, it is incumbent upon us to treat them with the same reverence and respect after his death."
Jackson's planned 50-show run at the O2 Arena in London would have been the highest-grossing single concert engagement. More than $85 million worth of tickets had already been sold for the series of performances.

I want my ticket, but I need the money. :(

the second article said 'in lieu of the FULL refund' perhaps if they say pay 20 quid to get it printed out but the rest is refunded then i could afford to do that. Otherwise, unforuntaly i need to pay my dad back. still got the confirmation email though!!! digital souvenir!

ppl should email AEG tell them how shameful they are doing this

What do they mean? If you want the ticket, you won't get ANY money back?

In lieu means instead. So you have to choose either refund or ticket.

i think i fair deal would be if you want the ticket you dont get the service charge back, to say if you want the ticket you dont get any money back is disgraceful

the second article said 'in lieu of the FULL refund' perhaps if they say pay 20 quid to get it printed out but the rest is refunded

Yes, I think it will be like that. Hopefully it will only be something like 20 quid otherwise it will be pathetic. Treating the fans with respect my ass.

I think we should all complain when its offical, how can they say they are treating the fans as Michael did, Michael would NOT charge that much for a piece of card

and it seems they are just going to pocket the value amount of the ticket? Wouldnt be so bad if the money was going to the kids or something. I despair.. I swear..

thx i didn
t know what lieu meant lol

I want my vip ticket and the bag! I just want something of him:cry:
:better:

I want my ticket too.

What AEG are doing is disgraceful, but in the end it's only money. Those tickets have enormous sentimental value.

it is money i could do with.. but i would rather have the ticket cos the sentimental value is bigger than money to me.

Let us contemplate for a minute guys.

How many tickets we're sold in a total, 900.000?

Let's say 10 000 people wish to keep their tickets, that makes these tickets a limited edition of 10 000.
I heard on CNN (don't know if it's true) but there are something special about these tickets, that Michael helped design the tickets.

I think this actually could be a collector item which you'd get back money if you one day wish to sell it on ebay.

I want/need your thoughts of this, if I'm crazy or if it actually makes any sense.

I will never sell it! This is the only proof I have that I was gonna see him for the first time in my life! This is the only thing will make me see the reality, that I was not dreaming! I am going crazy, I know that, but this is how I feel now!

I will never sell it! This is the only proof I have that I was gonna see him for the first time in my life! This is the only thing will make me see the reality, that I was not dreaming! I am going crazy, I know that, but this is how I feel now!

I neither want to sell mine, but it's an interesting question for those that are on the fence of what they should do.

But in a way it feels really shitty that AEG want £75 for a piece of paper - it's so obvious what they're trying to do.
That why I question if the £75 or whatever we put in this ticket is more like an "art piece" that we buy, that has more than a sentimental value for us.

Back