Owner of Grouse Lodge studios talks about the new album

Dark Artist

Proud Member
Here's an article I read in the Irish Sunday Mirror. Apologies if it's been posted already but I thought it ought to be shared.

JACKSON'S IRISH TAPES HUNT
exclusive by Stephen Maguire
'New album will be a global No.1'

A secret album recorded by Michael Jackson in Ireland could make MILLIONS for his estate. Jackson flew in musicians from America to make the album while living at Grouse Lodge, Co. Westmeath, and was planning to return to Ireland within weeks to finish it off after his planned 50-night run in London at the 02 arena.

The as-yet unnamed album includes tracks written by Akon, Ne-Yo and Will.i .am of the Black Eyed Peas and would certainly top the charts around the globe. Record industry insiders said the record had taken years to produce but was "a return to form" for the King of Pop.

Jackson had been dumped by Sony in 2001 and had not had a top 10 hit in the US since then. Last night, Grouse Lodge owner Paddy Dunning revealed,
"He was expected back in a few weeks time to finish off the album.
It was produced by Will.i.am from the Black Eyed Peas and features all these fantastic musicians on it. He flew them all in from America to play on it. I don't know what will happen to it now. I suppose that it will be released one way or the other. It sounds absolutely brilliant to me.

"He had told me how much he was looking forward to coming back to finish it off. Now we'll never see him again. He was in great form when he stayed with us and we got quite close. Before then I never knew what a brilliant musician he was. He could play piano, guitar and drums really well. I saw him performing and singing brilliantly in the studio.

"He was certainly on top form. He loved staying here and said it helped his creativity."

Now the race is on to turn the lost Jackson tapes into a finished album ready for release. The reclusive singer spent five months making what was to be his new album at Grouse Lodge in 2007. The album could now become one of the biggest-selling discs of all time.

Tony Wadsworth, chairman of the British Phonographic Industry, said,
"There would be a huge amount of interest in this album. The rapid sell-out of the live dates and the overwhelming reaction to his passing are sure signs that a release of new good-quality Michael Jackson music could see him back at the top of the charts."

And a music industry source added,
"This album will be absolutley huge. It's the last thing Michael ever did.
It's almost finished and now it will be brought out as a tribute to him in the coming months. Millions of fans worldwide are now snapping up all his old albums in tribute to him. Can you imagine how many will buy this album because they know it's going to be the final orginal album?"

Last night, Grouse Lodge owner Paddy Dunning said he was heartbroken to hear of Jackson's death. He recalled his time with the star and his children, Prince Michael, Paris and Blanket, and revealed how Jackson was a true musical genius. Jackson's children even went to school in Rosemount village along with his own children.

"He seemed very happy here, they all did. And we enjoyed having them. He had no entourage at all with him, just his children and they were really well-mannered kids.

"He wasn't a big drinker or anything, but he did like a glass of wine with his meals. However, he never went down to the local pub or that."

Dunning also revealed how Michael was hugely interested in Irish legends and stories and was very knowledgeable about Irish mythology. And contrary to popular opinion, the singer was not a fussy eater, in particular enjoying the traditional Irish breakfast.

Several international stars have recorded at Grouse Lodge, with singer Shirley Bassey booked in at the moment. The studio has 15 acres of grounds where Jackson and his family often went for long walks.

source: Irish Daily Mirror, June 28th

That's great news. And very cool to know he played all those instruments, I never knew. This will without a doubt be the biggest thing ever, just because of the circumstances alone. It's just very sad Michael will have to witness the success if his final work from a different place.

as much as we all would love to hear michaels music
it would be heartbreaking too

Heartbreaking to hear about all the good things he had planned, but never will see fulfilled himself.
Good to read something else then all the horrible rumors all over.
I hope we some day are able to sort out the truth from all the lies told at the moment.
When the dust settles, maybe ?

Thank you for posting this!

I will miss all these stories...I love you Michael with all of my heart...We miss you so much!

Wow....if theres any truth to this, it certainly would be bitter sweet thats for sure.

This is so sad. It's what we've all been waiting for excitedly for so long, and now when we hear about the new album being released, it makes us all happy and yet sad at the same time. Michael can't be here to see the success and to enjoy everyone's reactions. That just takes some of it away. On the other hand, I will treasure it forever and always.

Awww if this album does come out, it makes me sad knowing michael will never get the chance to see its success or perform any of the songs :(

Wow....if theres any truth to this, it certainly would be bitter sweet thats for sure.

very interesting article.. and it answers questions about if Michael played instruments..

and many of his criticals say he was always chasing the success of Thriller and he would never get there...

wouldn't it be irony that in death.......he does achieve it or comes real close

the album we've all been waiting for. Its so bittersweet.

these stories of the real michael are GOLD! Man I hope we get videos of michael doing..well anything. any new recent videos will be GOLD to me.

Yeah I really enjoyed this article because it shed a lot of light on Michael's musical ability, and also on the actual quality of the new music. I certainly hope that the production and finishing touches aren't rushed just to coincide with the sudden shock of his death, although I'm sure they'd respect his final music more than that.

I look forward to the new album, I’m going to buy more than one copy, 10 or 20 at least because this is his last work and I want to treasure it, will distribute some to my family members as well.

bittersweet indeed. I'm still in shock... :'(

You know how many copies this is gonna sell? It'll be groundbreaking.

I wonder how complete this really is. Are these more like demo's? Or was this ready to be put on the shelves at any given time. This is very interesting.

This might need time by producers such as Quincy Jones, Will.I.Am, and mixers like Bruce Swedien to be perfected. Why not call it "Michael Jackson" and release it 6.25.10

Oh my god...so sad. I used to love unreleased stuff but this is different.

Back