Are you going to LA?

• Yes

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 83.6%

• Total voters

DangerousMJFan

Proud Member
I think everyone should meet at a certain place by Staples so we fans can all be together.

Is anyone going?

I'm going. Like Michael says, "..don't let nobody turn you 'round."

I really wanted to go but have decided to stay in Dubai as it would take me 24 hours to get there and I wouldn't know if I had a ticket in time to travel. Feel gutted as I would really love to be there.... :(

If i get a ticket,i'll fly tomorrow but i know the chances are slim.

I would love to go, but don't have the money and can't get the time off work.

Anyone who can possibly go....please go! Do this for Michael, he would want as many fans possible at his final farewall. Don't let the press say "only 18,000 fans turned out for Jackson's funeral".. We have to show them that Michael is the biggest star in the world, so let hundreds of thousands crowd the Staples Center!

I am going and so is my mom. I am going even if I don't get a ticket, because I want to be there with other fans and, honestly I just feel in my heart that I need to be there. So I would love to meet up with other fans, I think there will be a lot of us without tickets.

Anyone who can possibly go....please go! Do this for Michael, he would want as many fans possible at his final farewall. Don't let the press say "only 18,000 fans turned out for Jackson's funeral".. We have to show them that Michael is the biggest star in the world, so let hundreds of thousands crowd the Staples Center!

All fans would love to go. But if you DO NOT have a ticket or a band proving you are part of this you CAN NOT bet there at all and will be advised to go home.

I want to go ...I'm ready to go...but it's the darn ticket that I am sitting and waiting anxiously for....:bugeyed

I am going and so is my mom. I am going even if I don't get a ticket, because I want to be there with other fans and, honestly I just feel in my heart that I need to be there. So I would love to meet up with other fans, I think there will be a lot of us without tickets.

I think if you are able to go, you should go....show the world!

jilliebean I read your other thread about the memorial arrangements. check this thread out if you havent already, people with the same concerns

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67837

I wish i could go but unfortunately i cannot, Greece is far enough and the money is too much... I am sure although that Michael will feel everybody's love and sorrow from up there!

jilliebean I read your other thread about the memorial arrangements. check this thread out if you havent already, people with the same concerns

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67837

Thanks, I posted there, but I'm going to try not to talk about it anymore, because although it has been somewhat of a distraction, I don't want to argue with anyone.

I just felt misunderstood, but I know in my heart that I DO respect the family and I DO NOT view this as a concert. I know what Michael meant to me and I feel very strongly that it is important for me to be there. If anyone else wants to read more into it, or has a problem with it, well than that is on them.

I will go if i could get the ticket, the police gonna close the street next to Staples center.they wont let you be there.

So what's the general consensus from smarter heads than me?
I'm still halfway thinking about going. Is there any need if I can't get a ticket?
Will we end up fighting with the LAPD and I don't have a video camera?
How ugly is it going to get with people trying to get on those city blocks?

No! I am short of cash after spending so much money on tickets!
I wish i was there,but decided not to go as i weighed my self 6 days after michael passed and found that i had lost a stone in weight,i am already very small and am now only 7 stone,michaels passing has given me a lot of physical and emotional stress,so i was a little worried about going to LA because of the heat,the last thing i would want to do is pass out!!

So what's the general consensus from smarter heads than me?
I'm still halfway thinking about going. Is there any need if I can't get a ticket?
Will we end up fighting with the LAPD and I don't have a video camera?
How ugly is it going to get with people trying to get on those city blocks?

I don't think we need to do that, we can still all meet up somewhere, I don't know where because I am not familiar with the area. I think if you feel like you want to be there then go, and see what happens.

I hope people didn't register to see if they could get a ticket, even though they know full well they won't be attending. That would suck, but I guess they will give unclaimed tickets out after 6.

Too all who are attending, be safe..

Keep checking my email and I haven't seen any ticket information yet. It is sad because I am only 2 hrs away from the Staples Center.

Guess I will be watching it on tv.

Idem dito!

I posted this in the other thread, and I'll post it here as well:

I know they have asked fans not to attend when you don't have a ticket, but please, PLEASE, if you can go, then go! Do it for us, European fans, who live toooo far away. But most important, do it for Michael, he always loved HUGE things! It is your "last" opportunity. And I keep thinking that if we follow the advice by not going, gossip sites will say the day after:King of Pop already forgotten, fans did not want to attend, and blablablabla.

Please go, and show the world how much we love Michael.

Maybe it's a good idea to open a new discussion to discuss where all fans without a ticket can come together on another place close to the Staples center to have a kind of fan-memorial? (just in case they do send away all the fans without the ticket)

If a person isn't lucky enough to have a FREE ticket, can't one buy it in LA's Staples Arena?
Because they are only giving away 11000 tickets...which means there are still 9000 seats available (since the arena has 20000 seats).
Anyway, I can't go. But I would hate to see the media saying: "Few people attended the funeral. Nobody cares about Michael Jackson."

It's not possible to go as I live in the UK and have to work. However, it's not like we aren't going to show our support - in the UK we have our own tribute planned for 13th July outside London's O2 arena on the night that he would have been playing his first gig. So if any of you live in the UK and can't make it to the funeral I would urge you to attend on the 13th July instead.

This is so bad for MJ's reputation. The arena has a big screen however it won't show the memorial, so that people will watch it from home. That means almost no one will be in the streets. Besides, Council woman Jan Perry is urging people to watch the memorial from home because the costs to provide security are very high. What a bitch! Why didn't they do it in Neverland Ranch? Or why don't they show the memorial from the big screen? In that case, there would be millions of people in the streets and we, fans, would finally win our "battle" with the media. People would see how big Jackson was/is.

Back