mICHAELS PRIVATE FUNERAL

tennet07

Proud Member
hey guys,sorry im not sure if where aloud to talk about this but im erally anxious to know about the actual funeral.

will it be televised?and will weget to see SOME footage? i dunno i think it would be nice in a way even just to see the coffin andsay goodbye in our own little way.

does anyone know anything about the time?becuase they said it will be before the memorial but that starts at 10 in the morning,so its gonna be real early.im sure CNN are gonna cover it right?

funeral is private the memorial service is exactly that its not a funeral. 2 seperate things

that's what i wanna know as well,will we get to see mj's coffin,they should hv done it like lady diana,so that ppl can line the streets and say their final goodbyes,oh god this is so heart breaking:(

is the funeral tmrw ? before the memorial....
ive read thru the threads but am unsure whats happening...

thanks

that's what i wanna know as well,will we get to see mj's coffin,they should hv done it like lady diana,so that ppl can line the streets and say their final goodbyes,oh god this is so heart breaking:(

there will be no procession so no

It is going to be a public memorial show with music, dance and speeches to celebrate his life

the funeral itself will be kept strictly private for the family and close friends

e funeral tmrw ? before the memorial....
ive read thru the threads but am unsure whats happening...

thanks
no one really knows. i doubt they will announce it. some reports say it will happen tom morning b4 the memorial.media are cammped out so i guess u will find out when it does

there will be no procession so no
There should of been a procession for closure and to show the world how loved he was. They are restricting fans so it doesn't become the biggest funeral in history!

there saying its going to be the biggest funeral in history,butt heres so many restrictions :S... i know its all for good reason,,but even at the staples center,there expecting 700,000 poeple,,how!??? when there blocking it all off

What Ive heard is that the private funeral will be before the actual Memorial. The memorial will start outside with a procession of elephants and other exotic animals. The memorial itself will be, like already said, a celebration of his life, a few speakers, a few singers. About 2.5k have tickets for inside the Staples Centre and another 6k have tickets for one of the halls near by.

In the UK it will be aired, I hear, at 6pm UK time but I did read we will only hear and not see anything as all photography and cameras have been barred from the event. Not sure how true this is tho.

hmm,i guess where all gonna have to wait,,its not that far away..im a little scared :(,dunno how im gonna take it

I hope it's done like Lady Diana's....
People lining up the street...

I hope it's done like Lady Diana's....
People lining up the street...

There won't be a casket tho to like, throw flowers on etc like Di's. Maybe there would be his statue he had made or a big photo of him surrounded with wreaths etc?

Michael Jackson himself is at the mortuary inside the Hollywood Hills place and its all closed off so. I have a feeling there will be helicopters trying to get footage.

Actually I just noticed in the Daily Star - that it says that due to the barrage of people expected, he could be secretly buried today which Katherine wanted.

The paper also says; "There was even growing speculation that ***** could be buried in a private ceremony today, as his mum Katherine has wanted, to avoid pandemonium tomorrow".

"A relative revealed "It looks like Monday morning right now. We have a lot to do but we have to make sure the children get to say goodbye properly"".

Hmm fair comment about the children and I think we all know it is going to be a mare tomorrow in LA!

It continues to say: "Plans for a funeral procession have already been cancelled to guard against crowd surges or rioting. And fans were unsure about when and where they would get the best views".

The paper also states how the Jackson family are in huge rows with the Jackson's father Joe trying to take over the estate.

I think its a case of 'watch this space'. To be honest, I dont think we will know when he is or has been buried until later this week.

There should of been a procession for closure and to show the world how loved he was. They are restricting fans so it doesn't become the biggest funeral in history!

Oh wow, do you realise how ugly and shallow that sounds? This is about Michael Jackson the HUMAN, not some dent in your CD collection or missing statistic, show a little dignity and respect!

The man was hounded constantly throughout his whole life by the paps spinning lies and tormenting him, I'm not at all surprised the family want the funeral in private where they won't have those scumbags sticking cameras in their faces! Let him finally REST IN PEACE!

That's what the memorial service is for, to give closure to the fnas. Why do you need to see a coffin for closure? That's pretty morbid, you should be celebrating his life, not gawking over his coffin and celebrating his death...

Oh wow, do you realise how ugly and shallow that sounds? This is about Michael Jackson the HUMAN, not some dent in your CD collection or missing statistic, show a little dignity and respect!

The man was hounded constantly throughout his whole life by the paps spinning lies and tormenting him, I'm not at all surprised the family want the funeral in private where they won't have those scumbags sticking cameras in their faces! Let him finally REST IN PEACE!

That's what the memorial service is for, to give closure to the fnas. Why do you need to see a coffin for closure? That's pretty morbid, you should be celebrating his life, not gawking over his coffin and celebrating his death...

it's not about gawking at the coffin it's about final goodbye!

His family have the right to bury him quietly and in private whenever they see fit. They do not need to announce to the media when this will be, as, if they did, it would be a literal circus with the paps trying to get a picture of family members crying and of the coffin etc. They already stuck a photo of Michael in the ambulance on the front of OK magazine. Nothing is sacred to them.

They are being very generous at this extremely difficult time in their lives in allowing a public memorial.

it's not about gawking at the coffin it's about final goodbye!

So you're telling me in order to say goodbye, everyone around the globe should be 'entitled' to see his casket? Maybe it's just me but I think that sort of thing is a private affair between close family and friends. I think it's insulting to the family that people are even whinging about it. Remember what Janet said ''For you guys, he was an icon, fur us, he's family'' .. Maybe some people don't really understand this statement and everyone just wants their little piece of him.

I dunno but maybe I have signed up for this place by mistake. I've always been a HUGE MJ fan but never bothered with any of the online things. Now I know why.

I'm sorry but a lot of the people here are just weird weird weird, not right in the head at all. You get people making 'fake' live songs.. WTF?!?! Then you get others who condone sending death threats and say the most unfounded vile things, I mean really vile things. And then you get the people who are so obsessive you could easily call them a stalker and at worst, call them a bit friggin psycopathical!

I think I'm gonna leave this place, this is SO not the environment or community I would like to remember Michael by. For me, MJ was about love and peace, something this site certainly is not. In all the many hundreds of videos I have seen over all his life, I have never once seen him angry, swear, fight or be volatile in any way what so ever, he was just pure love. At lot of people on this site ought to hang their hads in shame and be disgusted with some of the things they say. I know that they don't do MJ any favours what so ever, he'd probably be ashamed at this level of pathetic vitriol.

I'm probably gonna get my arse banned after this message but I really don't care at all. I'm gonna move on from this site and remember him as I have always known him to be.

P.S. Please don't start sending me death threats..

Why are fans forgetting he is someones father,son and brother.Yes we want to say goodbye but Michael was a part of their family, they have a right to do this privately remember there are young kids that want to say goodbye to him a "normal way" not with millions of unknown people to them..although i know Jacksons appreciate the fans..Michael was their family so cut them some slack.

Re: MICHAELS PRIVATE FUNERAL

It was so wrong having Michael's picture on the front page with the air tube in situ.

Just like the pictures they had of Diana in the car.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

A funeral is for family and close friends only. I mean, if it was your son, brother, father, you would't want your neighbourhood coming along to gawp and take pictures would ya? The Jackson family have the absolute sole right of having a private funeral.

I was really hoping it was done today but according to the news, it is still being held in the morning.

im not saying at all that michael's funeral shouldn't be private,yes it should be,all im saying is that they could hv done something like lady diana where ppl got to wave their last goodbye,and she still had a private funeral,ppl are just taking things out of context here and trying to make out as if anyone who suggest that they want to see mj's coffin dont care about him or his family,yes i care about mj, his kids and the rest of his family,but i would also so like to say goodbye to michael but i would never like to intrude his private funeral, so ppl think before you post nasty remarks about others.

I had a feeling Michael might have been laid to rest yesterday or today...would they have enough time tomorrow morning...I don't know.

I just feel for the kids...I keep imagining if my own dad would die so suddenly...horrible!

I think it's important for fans to stop this bickering. We all mourn differently. But this isn't up to us and everyone has to respect the wishes of the family regarless of what you personally think about it. You will find closure in your own ways with or without Michael's presence.

I hope that at some point there will be at least one photo (not from paps, but something official) of the funeral scene, though. What I mean is... I don't want to see faces of family and friends. I'd just like to see a photo of the... gulp... casket covered in flowers before it was lowered into the ground. Just one photo, to know how it looked. :cry:

hello whostoleboogie...I dont know who you are but thank you. you posted what I was going to post...these fans need to realize enough is enough. If all you fans really loved Michael you really would not want to see his coffin never mind see him in it. that is just morbid. I have been a fan for 30 years. That is it a fan not family. I have taken alot of junk for the name of Michael Jackson and I would do it all over again. So please lets stop with the coffin comments huh.

I had a feeling Michael might have been laid to rest yesterday or today...would they have enough time tomorrow morning...I don't know.

I just feel for the kids...I keep imagining if my own dad would die so suddenly...horrible!

Katherine wanted the burial this morning (Monday)... but im not sure that happened. Thing is, we won't know until perhaps a couple of days.

hello whostoleboogie...I dont know who you are but thank you. you posted what I was going to post...these fans need to realize enough is enough. If all you fans really loved Michael you really would not want to see his coffin never mind see him in it. that is just morbid. I have been a fan for 30 years. That is it a fan not family. I have taken alot of junk for the name of Michael Jackson and I would do it all over again. So please lets stop with the coffin comments huh.
I don't know about others, but what I personally wrote a couple of posts before this certainly had nothing to do with morbid fascination or a desire for pap's pics. If the family at some point would be ok with releasing a photo of the casket (not open!), it would mean something to me. I hope it is/was beautiful, covered in flowers and peaceful. It would help it all to be more real to me, to know that's where... that's where. Painful, but real. But if they never release such a photo, so be it. Only if they choose to. I would never beg for it.

im not saying at all that michael's funeral shouldn't be private,yes it should be,all im saying is that they could hv done something like lady diana where ppl got to wave their last goodbye,and she still had a private funeral,ppl are just taking things out of context here and trying to make out as if anyone who suggest that they want to see mj's coffin dont care about him or his family,yes i care about mj, his kids and the rest of his family,but i would also so like to say goodbye to michael but i would never like to intrude his private funeral, so ppl think before you post nasty remarks about others.

Soz mjrocks... it was a general rant directed at the paps and tabloids - not at you !

:)

I don't know about others, but what I personally wrote a couple of posts before this certainly had nothing to do with morbid fascination or a desire for pap's pics. If the family at some point would be ok with releasing a photo of the casket (not open!), it would mean something to me. I hope it is/was beautiful, covered in flowers and peaceful. It would help it all to be more real to me, to know that's where... that's where. Painful, but real. But if they never release such a photo, so be it. Only if they choose to. I would never beg for it.

I can understand that you believe that it would help your mental state (not ment in a negative way) to see Micheals coffin, but believe me...you dont want to see someone's coffin that you love. Open or closed.

Back