Who's pulling a sickey tomorrow?

Shamonee

Proud Member
I've skipped class so many times for Michael and I want to do it again, for one last time tomorrow.

E.g. 02 Conference on 5th March; I lied and said I was ill
11th March; when tickets went on sale
And pretty much for the whole week following his death because I didn't feel ready to go out yet.

Who's pulling a sickey from work/college/uni to sit in the comfort of their own home and greive?

I did. Way more than you I think:p I was afraid to go back to school last monday because of people's reactions, but it turned out well and as soon as school was over I went straight home.

ive been on a sicky forthe last 2 weeks and will be until after the vigil next week. only decent thing is the refunds cover lost work so really i dont bother having to work this month. just dreading go back cause my line of work is so mj connected tbh dont know how ill cope

ive been on a sicky forthe last 2 weeks and will be until after the vigil next week. only decent thing is the refunds cover lost work so really i dont bother having to work this month. just dreading go back cause my line of work is so mj connected tbh dont know how ill cope

what do you do as a living?

i work at concerts venues as security and at nightclubs on the doors. so its music all the time . i do alot of work at an 02 academy. seeing ppl going to concerts and seeing bands on tour for the 3rd time in a year used to be bad enough wishing mj would do something then this happens. its a nightmare. everything i do makes me think of mike. the last nightclub shift i did b4 this happened there were ppl dressed abit like mj doing his moves on the danceflor for a laugh and they play his music and alot of ppl used to come wearing mj shirts. if see that again soon im gonna have run to the toliet and cry i swear

No i don't gonna do that.. Due timezone the memorial is on around 7PM here and i work till 5PM. I need something else to do right now.. But i might leave earlier tomorrow if i can't deal with it. Ohh and i asked wednesday morning off (i was planning the whole wednesday but that wasn't possible) so that i can catch up some sleep if needed.

I work at O2 (not in the shops!) and have booked annual leave today and tomorrow as I didn't fancy being at work with the memorial all over the plasma screens in my office.

It was terrible being in work on 26th June. I couldn't call in sick as I'd been off two weeks previously after hurting my back in an accident! All the rolling news was splashed all over the screens, and our intranet had messages of condolance on it.

Tomorrow it's just me - my husband will be at work. I prefer it that way.

I work at O2 (not in the shops!) and have booked annual leave today and tomorrow as I didn't fancy being at work with the memorial all over the plasma screens in my office.

It was terrible being in work on 26th June. I couldn't call in sick as I'd been off two weeks previously after hurting my back in an accident! All the rolling news was splashed all over the screens, and our intranet had messages of condolance on it.

Tomorrow it's just me - my husband will be at work. I prefer it that way.

me too...boyfriend at work (thank goodness, love him but he would make fun of me) so just me, my dogs and some tissues.

I'm laid off from my "real job" and I am a student also so I have nothing to do to keep myself occupied.

I was going to if it had been any day except Tuesday, I have big meeting that I can't miss. But whenever I can I will have CNN up on my computer.
My productivity will be shot to hell tommorrow.

I am working but will start and therefore leave work early so I can see it on TV.

Thankfully Im off tommorow

I already took 3 days off of work now
Im still feeling quite sick and depressed.

I have loads of stuff to do this summer in preparation for Uni, I don't know how I'm going to do it, my mind is not level right now, and I don't know how long it will be before it is. I skipped loads of lessons last week, and took the whole day off today, I only have one lesson tomorrow morning, might go/might not, I really don't want to wake up tomorrow. I want someone to wake me up on Weds and tell me it was all a nightmare :(

I said today to my boss that I had some issues I needed to solve, here the memorial starts at noon, and if I'd watched it online in my office I'll be crying like crazy, so it's better to call seek.

I've been so deeply sad and depressed, as many of you, with the difference that I didn't have someone to talk about it and understands me 'till now, so I'm very happy to join you.

¸.•'★¸.•'★*•~-.¸-(★ Still can't believe someone dare to take your beautiful smile away★)-,.-~*¸.•'★¸.•'★

♥† MJ †

Last edited:
I'm fortunate enough to have an amazing boss who knows just how affected I am (since March 13 I've been telling him how excited I was to go and see Michael perform). He's given me tomorrow afternoon and Wednesday morning off to follow the memorial and then get some rest.

I'm fortunate enough to have an amazing boss who knows just how affected I am (since March 13 I've been telling him how excited I was to go and see Michael perform). He's given me tomorrow afternoon and Wednesday morning off to follow the memorial and then get some rest.

It sounds like you work for a decent boss. I'm off work tomorrow anyway, I arranged for the day off a while ago to recover from a long weekend away.

I have loads of stuff to do this summer in preparation for Uni, I don't know how I'm going to do it, my mind is not level right now, and I don't know how long it will be before it is. I skipped loads of lessons last week, and took the whole day off today, I only have one lesson tomorrow morning, might go/might not, I really don't want to wake up tomorrow. I want someone to wake me up on Weds and tell me it was all a nightmare :(

Feel the same way - almost don't want to even watch tomorrow but know that I will, and maybe it will be some kind of 'closure' but I can't see how.

Was only a couple of weeks ago we were chatting about tickets, remember? God, that was my biggest stress at the time, 'I want a good view' blah blah blah! Now I would do anything to have my crappy view back...

Hope your sister is ok, I know you were selling the ticket because she'd had to go into hospital.

I won't pull a sickey, but I will be working from home, since LA will be a total nightmare tomorrow, I won't even attempt traffic.

Feel the same way - almost don't want to even watch tomorrow but know that I will, and maybe it will be some kind of 'closure' but I can't see how.

Was only a couple of weeks ago we were chatting about tickets, remember? God, that was my biggest stress at the time, 'I want a good view' blah blah blah! Now I would do anything to have my crappy view back...

Hope your sister is ok, I know you were selling the ticket because she'd had to go into hospital.

Me too..I was complaining to myself because I was on the very back row of the very top tier. I'd take it now

Well, I've given my excuse today, so theres no way that memorial service is missing me.

In light of all the sadness this cracked me up when I saw the thread name.

I really believed I would win one of the tickets for the memorial. So much so that my bags were packed and ready to go Sunday night. I emailed my boss (no details) and asked if I could have 3 days off and she said yes. Kind of miraculous because short notice isn't allowed.

When the email came that I "didn't" get tickets I was pretty bummed. Went to work today and just sorta felt mopey. I wasn't going to use the days off so came home and did the usual and got everything ready for work tomorrow and then realized I'd be a sobbing mess in front of my computer and what the heck was I thinking? So - all that to say I'm staying home tomorrow. :mello:

She's doing well, thank you for asking, she didn't half give us a big scare though. In fact, we went up to Ldon today to do some MJ related stuff.

Off to bed now. I feel sick :puke:

I'm not going to school tomorrow so I can watch the memorial on the television

I've skipped class so many times for Michael and I want to do it again, for one last time tomorrow.

E.g. 02 Conference on 5th March; I lied and said I was ill
11th March; when tickets went on sale
And pretty much for the whole week following his death because I didn't feel ready to go out yet.

Who's pulling a sickey from work/college/uni to sit in the comfort of their own home and greive?

The day Michael died, I let work know I would need to leave for a funeral soon. Well, two weeks later, canceled flights for my husband and me, and then was so upset at the ridiculous ticket situation. So I will be in my living room watching in HD. I plan on dressing even though I am at home. It is about respect.

I'll be staying home,

It will be a day of mourning, remembrance, and celebration. Its going to be a Michael day, will watch Moonwalker, short films, music then will watch the memorial. I hope it will be a beautiful day.

No, it will be a beautiful day.

I asked my boss if I could take the day off and he said it was fine, even though I didn't elaborated on the reason; he looked like he wanted to ask why but decided not to... he knows how MJs passing has affected me cuz I was at work last thursday when everything happened and he saw the messy state that I was in.

Back