Screencap from the Memorial preprations - I promise you'll smile!!

*MakeThatChange*

Proud Member
I capped this a couple of minutes ago - Check out the elephants! :)

eleph.jpg

awww how cool! I'm glad, it seems that although this will be a sad time, an effort is being made to celebrate this wonderful man :)

OMG! Noooooo. Elephants? PETA will have a field-day with this! At least, that one wasn't Michael's idea.. . . I'm going to watch, but I sincerely think it will be painful and wish it was already over.

a show was scheduled for 10 am today, with Elephants and all, and it is included in the memorial

guys its a memorial. and everybody knows that mike loved elephants and other animals. thats why they have it there. despite i dont know what should be wrong with the animals in front of the center. what do circus animals have to do, they are used to it also and nobody complains.

argh, sorry some of you are upset. I was thinking it might have been something Michael had wanted, what with his love for animals? Now you mention the strange environment, maybe I'm wrong?

guys its a memorial. and everybody knows that mike loved elephants and other animals. thats why they have it there. despite i dont know what should be wrong with the animals in front of the center. what do circus animals have to do, they are used to it also and nobody complains.

They're not used to it, they're beaten and abused to make them do what the trainers want them to do.

A noisy city and stadium is no place for an elephant... Michael would be shaking his head right now. I'm shaking my head right now.

Argh..

lol. u know what? dont talk to me like i am stupid :)

i am working in the trotting race court in my free time. and even those racing horses are used to the crowd and everything. its not cuz they are beaten but because they know nothing happens to them. they are used to cars, crowds, speakers. so. what about police horses? you can throw a ball against their head and they are not afraid. think about that. its training, nothing else.

Elephants? Are they fans too? :) I hope this goes off without a hitch.

michael would be elated .. that his family is not trying to "mourn" him but to celebrate him ..michael adored the purity of animals .. and he would have loved it ...

Elephants to crash Staples before Jackson memorial
July 06, 2009 20:24 EDT

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Eleven Asian elephants and seven horses are scheduled to lumber into a side entrance of L.A.'s Staples Center before dawn Tuesday in preparation for the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey circus opening there Wednesday.

The arena is being used Tuesday for Michael Jackson's memorial service. And depending on when Michael Jackson fans show up, they and the circus animals could come face to face. A Ringling Bros. spokeswoman says crowds won't faze the animals. She says the elephants are very comfortable around people and are used to lights and noise.

Only early birds will catch a glimpse; the three-mile march from Union Station to the Staples Center is expected to begin at 3:30 a.m. Pacific time and to last about two hours.

THANK GOD!

lol. u know what? dont talk to me like i am stupid :)

i am working in the trotting race court in my free time. and even those racing horses are used to the crowd and everything. its not cuz they are beaten but because they know nothing happens to them. they are used to cars, crowds, speakers. so. what about police horses? you can throw a ball against their head and they are not afraid. think about that. its training, nothing else.

Horses and elephants are 2 different animals and they respond to captivity in different ways. Maybe you haven't seen how distressed elephants become in circus-like environments, and if you're interested then try looking it up on youtube. Michael loved animals, but all his animals (except bubbles) were in natural exhibits and weren't forced to perform.

But blah.. I won't bring the mood down. What's done is done, and everything's been decided already.

-_-

EDITED: Just saw the post above me... THANK GOD INDEED!!! So they're not part of the memorial?

Eleven Asian elephants and seven horses are scheduled to lumber into a side entrance of L.A.'s Staples Center before dawn Tuesday in preparation for the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey circus opening there Wednesday.

Ah! Thanks so much for the clarification :) It's funny tho, I really did think it was a part of the memorial - I guess Michael will always keep us on our toes!

A couple of nights ago, someone from AEG (I think) was interviewed, and said the Ringling folks had been very gracious about arranging schedules, transferring animals, finding somewhere else to keep them, etc... basically clearing whatever window of time they needed for the memorial and then returning everything back to normal afterwards.

This post made me look up michael and his animals, and i came across this lovely article that other animals lovers maybe interested in

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jason-mannino/michael-jackson-loved-his_b_224324.html

Thanks for this! This is what Michael wanted for animals :wub:

And shame SHAME on the Ringling brothers circus. There are already videos of them beating their elephants... ofcourse they were filmed secretly. Don't fall for the pretty costumes and fancy tricks people, those animals are abused.

Back