CNN: Body to be at the Staples memorial

Wok

Proud Member
Breaking news on the front page. However, "sources" may mean the same thing as "unconfirmed"...

We shall see.

I was hoping they wouldnt.... I really dont understand whats going on...

They are having a private funeral/memorial, with Michaels body... And with his closest family attending. And then they are transporting his body to Staples Center for a public memorial and expose him to the media?

I really dont know whats going on.. I guess I have to wait and see..

I was hoping they wouldnt.... I really dont understand whats going on...

They are having a private funeral/memorial, with Michaels body... And with his closest family attending. And then they are transporting his body to Staples Center for a public memorial and expose him to the media?

I really dont know whats going on.. I guess I have to wait and see..

Yes, I am watching the coverage on CNN now, and yes, it is confirmed by Teddy Riley, so that is a good source.

Sky News say this too - Their source is TMZ!...

How can they have a private funeral, not bury him and then take him to the Staples centre? Makes no sense. And its not very tasteful, I doubt it.

Looks like there is a thread about this already. Sorry about that.

Teddy Riley live on CNN right now, Michael will be at Staples memorial. Not flying in for safety reason, being driven to the center.

Family changed their mind, felt the fans wanted him at the Staples memorial

Teddy Riley live on CNN right now, Michael will be at Staples memorial. Not flying in for safety reason, being driven to the center.

Family changed their mind, felt the fans wanted him at the Staples memorial

It seems the consensus is the opposite. However, I guess the family has the last say.

i hope teddy knows jack. maybe if there were actually fans theres but theres hardly any. drive him. yet they said no procession no wonder liz wanted nothing to with it

LAPD just confirmed it.(That they will drive the coffin to the Staples centre after the private funeral) Tut.. what exactly are they going to do? Put the coffin on the stage? Really not into this idea.

If anything, there should be a procession TO the private funeral with fans lining the streets though, give people the chance to pay their respects - but haven't they blocked the roads way back?

Michael Jackson's coffin is set to take centre stage at his public memorial today in Los Angeles.

Fans will be able to catch a glimpse of the King of Pop’s gold-plated £18,000 coffin when it goes on public display at the Staples Centre sports arena, according to celebrity gossip website TMZ.com.

His body will be transported from the Forest Lawns cemetery in Hollywood Hills where the Jackson family held a private service last night.

The singer’s eldest children Prince Michael, 12, and Paris, 11, attended the ceremony alongside his parents Joe and Katherine and his brothers and sisters, reports said.

His body will reportedly be driven in an open coffin so mourners can throw flowers.

Thousands are gathering at the Staples Centre in anticipation of the memorial event which kicks off at about 1pm LA time (6pm GMT).

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news...ntre-stage-at-memorial-event-115875-21502013/

i hope teddy knows jack. maybe if there were actually fans theres but theres hardly any. drive him. yet they said no procession no wonder liz wanted nothing to with it

I am not sure how it will all work out, but it seems some are not honoring the request not to scalp the tickets. So if they will not honor that, what else will they not honor? I cannot foresee the future, but so far, I am not impressed with some of the antics.

i thought better of others notwanting this to become a circus. talk about the trueman show

Some guy will be selling water outside staples for $2 a bottle. Said he's not a fan, just wants to make a quick buck. I'd give it away free to make sure my fellow fans were taken care of.

Shame on them. I would have hoped for at least one fugging day they would honor the wishes of the family in their time of deep pain.

Open coffin to throw flowers? I didn't know u threw flowers onto an open coffin. This has turned into a circus..where are those elephants they were talking about earlier this week? For goodness sake.

F*k TMZ.

Michael shouldn't be on display

His body will reportedly be driven in an open coffin so mourners can throw flowers.

if this is going to happen i officially hate everyone being involved in this.
he did not deserve this!
reporters will take pictures!
hallo??? thats ridiculous!

i really hope that its just a rumour and if the coffin is there (bad enough), it better be closed all the time!!!!

They shouldn't be doing this.. MJ wouldn't want to be seen or remembered like this..
i wish it wasn't open casket too but i highly doubt it

They shouldn't be doing this.. MJ wouldn't want to be seen or remembered like this..
i wish it wasn't open casket too but i highly doubt it

It will be very emotional; that much I will guarantee.

Everyone should calm down. What's going to be will be we have no control over that. Right wrong or indifferent we have to accept it for what it is.

I seriously doubt it would be an open casket when the viewing for family and friends was a closed casket. Doesn't make any sense.

btw the elephants are from the circus which was scheulded to be in the Staples center not anything to do with Michael. They are simply in the same area because that is where they will be performing when the circus resumes.

if u look on the tmz site it shows a pic of inside staples and infront of the stage it lloks like thats where the coffin is gonna go

Open coffin to throw flowers? I didn't know u threw flowers onto an open coffin. This has turned into a circus..where are those elephants they were talking about earlier this week? For goodness sake.

thats accordding to the mirror

Everyone should calm down. What's going to be will be we have no control over that. Right wrong or indifferent we have to accept it for what it is.

I seriously doubt it would be an open casket when the viewing for family and friends was a closed casket. Doesn't make any sense.

btw the elephants are from the circus which was scheulded to be in the Staples center not anything to do with Michael. They are simply in the same area because that is where they will be performing when the circus resumes.

...and in the end, it is up to the family.

Yeh I thought as much. Sky News, a few days ago were reporting details of the funeral and memorial saying there were going to be a procession of elephants..the idiots. I knew it was rubbish but its so annoying they say these ridiculous things.

Alls thats being reported is that the casket will be there, no mention if it will be open or not,I do hope not. I'm a wreck now just knowing that his body will be there.

It doesnt feel right to me at all seeing all those people milling around outside Staples, dressed up for an occassion.

You guys have to remember that it surely wasn't easy for the family to make a decision.
They can't please everyone...
It's hard enough already, so why moan about how the family decided on the casket.

It's the wrong time to argue....

:'(

Alls thats being reported is that the casket will be there, no mention if it will be open or not,I do hope not. I'm a wreck now just knowing that his body will be there.

It doesnt feel right to me at all seeing all those people milling around outside Staples, dressed up for an occassion.

As it gets closer, I am getting pretty misty too.

It can't be right... how come they have a private funeral without the body?? Maybe they will just transfer the casket?

Back