Sheila Jackson Lee!!!

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
She was excellent!

She was excellent but.... who knows.... if it is going to be truth!

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas), who helped lead a recognition of Michael Jackson's life on the House floor two weeks ago, spoke today at Jackson's memorial service in Los Angeles.

Jackson Lee said she was speaking on behalf of the members of Congress and the Congressional Black Caucus.

"I can tell you as a member of the United States Congress, we understand the Constitution, we understand laws and we know that people are innocent until proven otherwise," she said, presumably noting the child molestation charges Jackson had been acquited of. "That is what the Constitution stands for."

"America appreciates and thanks you for Michael Jackson's life," she said to the Jackson family, holding up a framed copy of a House bill. "For that reason, we have introduced into the House of Representatives this Resolution 600 that will be debated on the floor of the House that claims Michael Jackson as an American legend and musical icon, a world humanitarian -- someone who will be honored forever and forever and forever and forever."

Last edited:
yeah to right. put that scummy senator/congressman in his place

Sheila Jackson Lee was so awesome and I agreed with everything she said. Such a bright, compassionate, and dignified woman. P.K. is toast.

Some people can't see the forest for the trees. Donny Deutsch in on MSNBC right now talking about how Americans have lost there way just because they came out to memoralize Michael today. He claims that Michael did nothing but sing and dance. Boy, did he miss out on who Michael really was. He doesn't realize that Michael was more than that. I just don't get some people.

That was a GREAT speach, along with so many others. Much love to her.

Sheila Jackson Lee was so awesome and I agreed with everything she said. Such a bright, compassionate, and dignified woman. P.K. is toast.

Well, I am not sure if she means this as something real!!!!

I really doubt!

In fact its impossible.... I mean the Resolution 600
:no:

why do you say it's impossible? It's possible. Some did not want to honour Luther King, but the black caucus pushed it.

Michael deserves that honour and belive you me, if the black caucus wants it, they will see to it that he's honoured.

It's not something just drafted anyhowly, it is well thought through, compiled and presented to fellow congress members to look through and Michael's achievements and charity all coupled together, they can get him honoured.

There is already a push back against the resolution. Please get behind your State Representative to vote in favor of this resolution.

It would be really awesome if he was granted this :yes:

But...am I the only one here feeling that this is a little too late?
Why now all of a sudden? Where were all these people when he needed them most?

It would be really awesome if he was granted this :yes:

But...am I the only one here feeling that this is a little too late?
Why now all of a sudden? Where were all these people when he needed them most?

I understand the feeling because it would have been wonderful for Michael to experience. But it is definitely NOT too late - because of his children.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0907/07/cnr.07.html

Full transcript of Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee speech

REP. SHEILA JACKSON LEE (D), TEXAS: I'm Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee and I hail from Houston, Texas, but I come to you on behalf of the many members of the United States House of Representatives. I come to you on behalf of the Congressional Black Caucus Chairwoman Barbara Lee, a Californian. And I come to you as every man and every woman. For I cannot write music or dance or sing. But I do know an American story.

And to Mr. and Mrs. Jackson and this wonderful family of brothers and sisters and cousins, to Michael Joseph and to Katherine Paris and to Prince, all of these wonderful, beautiful symbols of America.

And I can tell you as a member of the United States Congress, we understand the Constitution. We understand law. And we know that people are innocent until proven otherwise. That is what the Constitution stands for.

(APPLAUSE)

So you mourn today. I come, too, to thank you for many people don't understand the hearts of entertainers. They don't know how big their hearts are. They don't know how they heal the world on behalf of America. When we're at war, our icons like Michael sing about healing the world.

And so he called us into public service. It did not matter whether we were black or white. He even told us to beat it, beat the violence, and look at yourself in the mirror, because it meant that, if you were going to make a difference, look at the man or woman in the mirror.

I come to you today to say thank you.

(APPLAUSE)

JACKSON LEE: Some of you come from all faiths. And we respect that here in America.

But there is a story whose theme is so symbolic of this young and beautiful man. I love the story of the good Samaritan, because it talks about those who walk by the diminished, the devastated, and the poor. This was a broken and beaten man laying along a road.

No one stopped, but someone called the Samaritan. It could be in any faith. It's all about charity and love. And I call Michael Jackson the good Samaritan. I call him Michael Jackson, who cared and loved for the world. It bothered me. I grew up with him, as all of us and so many did. And, so, what an honor and a privilege to see him up close when he came to the United States Congress in my office and looked some 15 African ambassadors, representatives of heads of state, sitting in an office listening to Michael Jackson talk about caring and fighting HIV/AIDS.

They looked at him. He had a twinkle. They listened. He listened. What a miraculous experience to be able to listen and see Michael in action.

You know, there were words cast about, but I wonder if anybody was on his shoulder when he walked into Walter Reed Hospital and he walked along the aisles and the rows in the hospital room. This was in the midst of the Iraq war. Doctors stopped and nurses stopped.

And individual soldiers who had lost limbs stopped and were, in essence, moved and touched, as Michael was, by his desire to come and thank them for their sacrifice. So, don't tell me what an American story is all about. It is the salt of the earth when this family took the talent that God had given them and made it into a miraculous and wonderful story for America.

I come today for you to recognize that the flag flies and the people who have spoken have spoken to the people's house. They recognize and they speak. And those of us who serve in elected office, we respond to the people.

Michael fought for the tolerance of all people. In fact, I am reminded, although I speak in the tongues of all faith, that Michael fought a good fight. He was someone who understood and, I hope Mr. and Mrs. Jackson and the family will know, the lord is our shepherd and we shall not want.

Michael Jackson, you got to know his story. And it has not been told by all of what you have heard. He was someone who understood. If he was burned, he built a burn unit. If a hospital need beds, he built those beds. If they needed money for developing countries, Michael gave. If he was in Namibia, he went to orphanages.

Michael never stopped giving. And he touched those whose lives could be reconstructed, because the king, yes, the king, the king stopped and said, I care about you.

That is why, on the House floor on January -- on June 25, 2009, the Congressional Black Caucus and members of the House of Representatives stopped, stopped, stopped and had a moment of silence for this wonderful legend and icon.

(APPLAUSE)

JACKSON LEE: And, so, to the family, let me simply come as someone that wishes she was long-lost Sheila Jackson Lee. But I will keep looking and seeing, but coming to say to you that America appreciates and thanks you for Michael Jackson's life. For that reason, we have introduced into the House of Representatives this Resolution 600 that will be debated on the floor of the House that claims Michael Jackson as an American legend and musical icon, a world humanitarian, someone who will be honored forever and forever and forever and forever and forever.

(CHEERING AND APPLAUSE)

JACKSON LEE: We are the world. And we are better because Michael Joseph Jackson lived.

On behalf of myself, and the people who have spoken, Michael Jackson, I salute you.

I thought her speech was just going on and on and on about america this america that, when she should have been paying respect to Michael, not using him as some sort of object to glorify america. I felt she added in the "innocent until proven guilty" bit just to fire up the crowd, which was bored with her rant about the american congress. I'm glad that in rerunning the memorial in Australia, they cut out her speech. It did not fit at all with the other truly heartfelt addresses made at the memorial. the politicans had no right to rear their ugly heads in this most sacred event.

Back