MJ's casket...

inv22

Proud Member
It might sound stupid, but…

I don’t know why, but I wanted the MJ's casket to be half-opened, as it was done at James Brown's funeral at Apollo.

I desperately wanted to see his beautiful face for the last time... ;(

What about you guys?

But on the other hand, maybe it was right for the casket to be NOT opened, simply to make the memorial more dignified and to avoid sensationalism and media frenzy…

By the way, his golden-like coffin and flowers looked beautiful ;)

RIP my king, my friend...

POLAND loves you...

But on the other hand, maybe it was right for the casket to be NOT opened, simply to make the memorial more dignified and to avoid sensationalism and media frenzy…

you summed it up pretty well right there. i';m glad they never opened it up, its alot more respecful that way.

i dont think he would have looked the same, when they are dead they never look the same. and then you could have even got reports sayin is that mj in the coffin could he still be alive? you see james brown, he didnt look like him at all, even my own aunt didnt look the same. death just does something to the body, and it just dont look like them. thankful it was closed

I am so happy it was closed. Thinking about what some people would have most likely done with a photo absolutely breaks my heart. Very glad that was not able to happen and that Michael was able to have that privacy.

Last edited:
yeah, you are right guys, now when I think of all this chaos, I am happy it was closed too ;)

I agree,I wanted to see him for the last time....his beautiful face.....just one last time.

I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU MICHAEL!!!

I would have loved, (even tho it would have probably caused me to have some sort of attack of some kind) to have seen him. See what he was wearing, how beautiful i'm sure he looked.. BUT.. I give that up. I give up those selfish wants, knowing that the press, the media, the photogs that spent so many time picking him and his pictures apart. Altering his looks, countless hours and terrible things said, I give up my desire of wanting to have seen him, in exchange for knowing that they (the jerks) will NEVER get that shot that they were so hungry for.

I would have loved, (even tho it would have probably caused me to have some sort of attack of some kind) to have seen him. See what he was wearing, how beautiful i'm sure he looked.. BUT.. I give that up. I give up those selfish wants, knowing that the press, the media, the photogs that spent so many time picking him and his pictures apart. Altering his looks, countless hours and terrible things said, I give up my desire of wanting to have seen him, in exchange for knowing that they (the jerks) will NEVER get that shot that they were so hungry for.

Totally agree with this, I would have loved to see him one more time

I myself find comfort in seeing someone when they have passed, I have done it with family members I just think they look so peaceful.. Makes me feel a little better when I see them at peace like that, Especially when they have been suffering. I know Michael wasn't fighting an illness and in pain, But just saying how it sometimes is.

Last edited:
I'm so happy it was closed -- having to see him.. lifeless.. would have been toooo much. This way was proper and dignified. Also, about what he was wearing, this way everyone can imagine him wearing what they feel fit, like pyjamas or a magnificent uniform. :happy:

He will live on in heaven and through our hearts don't struggle Michael would want us to celebrate his life and his brilliant music

I'm sooo glad they didn't open it! I've seen my dad with an open casket 4 years ago and I still can't get over it! I'm surprised many people can find this comforting... For example, I'd like to remember my dad alive, but then I had to see him dead. He was peaceful but still... Thank God, my last memory of Michael was seeing him in person at the O2 conference! And to think I almost didn't go that day because I was tired...I'd never forgive myself.

I wanted to see him too, but I think closed casket with all the flowers and roses, was perfect. Very good choice.

In some ways it would have been nice to see him at rest and see what he was wearing, but i think it would have been to much, not to mention what the media what get their hands on. So yeah i think its best closed. I dont think the artists like Mariah Carey etc would have been able to perform if they looked down and saw his face, it was sad and emotional enough as it was.

i am at peace with a closed casket but mayby someday we will hear what he was wearing, i'd love to know..

Thanked god yesterday the casket WAS closed cause I didn't think ANY of us wanted to see him laying there all still, NO NO NO

Very happy it was closed.Too much of this great man's life was revealed to the public.At least he had that to himself.

Happy it was closed to. It was the respectful thing to do. I also wonder what he was wearing. Knowing MJ its probably something gold :)

but you must remember one thing also people Michael's body wasn't even IN the casket so ..... it was a good thing too..

I think it was respectful and dignified to have it closed. Could you imagine the media circus if it wasn't?! Peeps would have been trying to git pictures left and right and the beauty and purpose of the ceremony would have been overlooked.

You can tell the family had alot of say in what happened in in making sure Michael was not exploited.

i knew from the start that it was going to be closed. And i'm glad it was. i couldn't even see my nan when she died and i loved her so much.

Although since the terrible day of his passing I was a bit fixated on seeing him one last time, I now realize that probably M wouldn't have wanted this....he tried so hard to hide his face during his life....he didn't feel comfortable although he was so beautiful...I will instead remember him alive, the way I saw him the last time....gracious...smiling...

Back