Kobe Bryant and Magic Johnson

Vici

Proud Member
I havnt seen any thread about these two.

I just wanted to say how glad I was that Kobe brought up that Michael holds guiness book world records for most charitites supported by a pop-star! As we all know, the media never mentions this.. and now the whole world knows it. Kobe got heavy applause when he mentioned that.

I found Magic Johnson sweet to, when he was remembering the old days.. takin part in Remember the Time vide.. and the whole KFC.. gosh, I laughed so hard then and I just watched it again on youtube, the whole arena (fans) burst out in laughter too. Michael hearts KFC :)

Yeah I saw people leaving the memorial saying how they never knew about Michael holding this record.. so it's definitely a good thing he mentioned it.

That's really funny about Magic's reaction to Michael eating KFC chicken, I was never a fan of KFC, in my younger years I was a McDonald's fan and I changed during my teen years until now I was a Burger King fan. Maybe that's a bit of a reason he added chicken to his diet. I'm such a chicken fan.

Yeah, Magic definitely cheered me up with the KFC comment. I always thought MJ was a vegetarian, lol now I know he's not. lol.

He was until around the Bad tour, a doctor told him to start eating fish because he collapsed during a show. During the Thriller days, he was on a macrobiotic diet.

I loved that KFC story - it to me was one of the best parts of the memorial, because we could all stop and remember something worth smiling about :) Everytime I hear him say that it was the best moment in his life it brings a smile to my face, because I just know if Michael had heard him say that, it would have made his infectious giggle come out. And Michael's giggle always made me smile :)

The KFC story really brought a lot of gravitas, I was laughing when he said that, I've never had KFC but because of that story I went in there today to get some.

Michael Jackson loved KFC and they so cannot get a bigger endorsement in my eyes.

Just to add I did a search and I'm not sure how reliable the, "Soapbox Included" website is but this is what was said:

This is from Rick Maynard, Spokesperson for KFC:
KFC has always brought people together, and we were honored to hear Magic Johnson’s comments during the memorial service. It was a nice story that brought smiles to the faces of millions of Michael Jackson fans during a very difficult time.

And I saw someone commented with:

"I did. I called off my 5 year chicken abuse boycott of KFC for one day. I wanted to part of it and this was one way I could do that. For Michael. For one day."

Why was Kobe Bryant even there? Were he and Michael friends, or did they collaborate together @ any point? Just seemed kind of weird.

Why was Kobe Bryant even there? Were he and Michael friends, or did they collaborate together @ any point? Just seemed kind of weird.

I heard on one of the various channels covering the Memorial that Kobe and Michael had gotten to know each other in recent years and that they were friends. Magic Johnson seems to have a long history with the Jackson family from his comments. I loved when Magic said 'I was scared to go over to his house because this was my idol' to 'That was the greatest moment of my life' referring to eating KFC with Michael. Magic Johnson has won so many NBA championships and even an Olympic Gold Medal and he counts hanging out with Michael the best moment in his life. How great is that?!

Back