Thriller Special Edition or Thriller 25

Which one has better extras?

• Thriller Special Edition

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • Thriller 25

Votes: 21 51.2%

• Total voters
I personally prefer the interviews and unreleased tracks of the Special Edition over the remixes on T25. The DVD that comes with T25 is a nice bonus though. I own both.

The bonus tracks on the Special Edition are way too short, though. There's talking over the intro to "Someone in the Dark", and the "Billie Jean" demo and "Carousel" have been edited down to just about two minutes each.

I would really prefer if the interviews with Quincy and Rod could have been included as text in the booklet instead of them being on the CD. That way there could have been room for more demos.

Thiller 25 because it's one of the best albums that Micheal has choose in '08 (last year) even before his death. He can be sure that his album wounld've been the best R&B/Pop/Rock album of all-time.

I prefer the SE version b/c I learned more about the album than from T25. Also, Thriller tracks didn't need remixing, in my opinion & there was only a chance of getting up to 2 extra songs.

I prefer thriller 25 cause I love For all time and the remixes!!! (except wbss because of Akon :glare:)
Especially The girl is mine remix is awesome!! I mean, I almost never listen to the original, but the remix is sick!!!!:punk:
Besides, I don't really care about the interviews in Special Edition..... But I have to say that I like the unreleased tracks and Billie Jean demo is just priceless :p

I'll go for Thriller Special Edition because of Someone in the Dark and the Billie Jean Home Demo, I like For All Time from Thriller 25 but I don't really like any of the new versions of MJ's songs.

If I can count Got The Hots as T25 extra, then I would vote for T25. Otherwise I'd go with SE.

Here's my pros and cons of the two versions of Thriller:

Thriller: Special Edition

Pros:
- First time Thriller was remastered
- First copies included a slipcase featuring Michael with a Tiger Cub
- Includes rare song from E.T. Storybook: Someone In The Dark
- Includes previously unreleased song: Carousel
- Includes original demo of Billie Jean
- Includes interviews with Producer Quincy Jones and Songwriter Rod Temperton
- Includes voice over session from "Thriller" starring Vincent Price
- Booklet includes full colour photos and drawings by Michael.

Cons:
- Carousel wasn't full version
- A 2 CD set would of resolved this problem
- People argue Interviews interrupts listening pleasure
- Later copies didn't inlcude the slipcase

Thriller: 25th Anniversary

Pros:
- Deluxe Edition has best packaging
- Available in three version including one with an alternative cover
- Includes shiny foil cover
- Includes previously unreleased song: For All Time
- Includes DVD of music Videos and Motown 25 performance of Billie Jean
- Includes voice over session from "Thriller" starring Vincent Price
- Booklet includes full colour pictures, drawings by Michael and a message from Michael to his fans

Cons:
- Remixes are probably the worst songs Michael released
- Most MJ fans already have the remastered Thriller songs from the Special Edition version
- Vincent Price's voice over session was already included in the previous special edition

Special edition for me. I can't stand the remixes on the 25.

I'm not really a fan of the remixes on Thriller 25, though the DVD was a nice bonus indeed. I prefer the Special Edition. Better content there...

I voted Thriller 25 although I truly love Thriller Special edition too. Imo, Thriller 25 had more extras but I love listening to 'Carousel' from Special Edition :wub:

Back