PDA

View Full Version : What was the best performance on TII?

MattyJam
30-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Vote from the following:

starone_angel
30-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Billie Jean and I just can't stop loving you!

Edit: Voted for Billie Jean!

MattyJam
30-10-2009, 01:30 PM
I voted for Startin' Somethin. Just too funky.

Suzie B
30-10-2009, 01:40 PM
I voted Billie Jean. I wanted to vote for more! But that performance was amazing, it was like he picked up on the positive energy of the dancers who were watching in awe of him and it made him shine. Michael was amazing in Billie Jean! Going to see TII again tonight!

h0opman31
30-10-2009, 01:40 PM
smooth criminal

but i also liked wbss

Suzie B
30-10-2009, 01:43 PM
And have to say that IJCSLY was fantastic - it was the best version of the song I had ever heard, michael's vocal prescence was beautiful, soft and smooth and powerful at the same time, I can't even explain it properly my words don't do it justice!

ds8989
30-10-2009, 01:55 PM
bille jean !

butterfly24
30-10-2009, 02:10 PM
I just can't stop loving you!!!!!!!! His voice in that song was excellent!!! But I also liked a lot Billie Jean and Earth song!!!

mftx5kt3
30-10-2009, 02:11 PM
IJCSLY - i cried when i watched it ~

PurpleParrot
30-10-2009, 02:19 PM
Voted I just can't stop loving you..altough Billie Jean was EPIC!

DJ Spins the sounds
30-10-2009, 02:22 PM
Just felt WBSS was more of a performance, I know they're only rehearsals, but Billie Jean and Just Can't Stop Lovin You were great to watch but in terms of a performance WBSS won it hands down.

MattyJam
30-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Can't believe no-one has voted for TWYMMF so far. That whole backdrop was so awesome. Like something out of a broadway musical...

Jan
30-10-2009, 02:38 PM
My vote goes to...Human Nature, BJ with sounglasses instead of hat was amazing too...something special... and IJCSLU too...eh fk i can't pick just one.

L.T.D
30-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Wanna be startin Something and Human Nature where two songs that could actually pass as a real live performance. Where as with everything else they were more rehearsals.

I went for Human Nature.

Artiej2
30-10-2009, 03:20 PM
It's to hard to pick just one but I really enjoyed Startin Somethin.

MJsweden
30-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Billie Jean! He danced amazing in the end :) just loved it

mjgem
30-10-2009, 04:24 PM
billie jean...............especially the slow crotch movement :)

Superstition
30-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Wanna Be Startin' Somethin', followed by I Just Can't Stop Loving You.

ThrillerAdam
30-10-2009, 04:44 PM
i voted for beat it, since i was so surprised how good the performance was. they were all great though

MattyJam
30-10-2009, 04:46 PM
My favourite vocal part of the whole movie:

"If you can't feed ya baby, the don't have a baby, don't think maybe, if you can't feed ya baby"

L.T.D
30-10-2009, 04:58 PM
My favourite vocal part of the whole movie:

"If you can't feed ya baby, the don't have a baby, don't think maybe, if you can't feed ya baby"

My favourite bits vocally where at the end of IJCSLY. One bit in particular. He sings 'I just cant stop noooo, IIIIIIIIIIIIII just caaaant stoooop' Its when he sings the 'IIIIIII!!!!' bit. Its amazing and I love it so much XD

I also love the 'Breaking my heart nah' bit from Billie Jean. Cant get enough of that.

My favourite dancing part is in Smooth Criminal just before they all do little hops in time with the cymbal. Where he does a point and stuff. That was classic Michael, he did that brilliantly. I feel that is the Michael we all would have seen at the 02 arena.

MattyJam
30-10-2009, 05:18 PM
My favourite bits vocally where at the end of IJCSLY. One bit in particular. He sings 'I just cant stop noooo, IIIIIIIIIIIIII just caaaant stoooop' Its when he sings the 'IIIIIII!!!!' bit. Its amazing and I love it so much XD

I know exactly the bit you mean.

I remember watching that and thinking of the 2006 WMAs when the press said he'd lost his voice.

Where are those morons now???

Hess
30-10-2009, 05:29 PM
I'm surprised BoW has no votes actually- I loved that performance, but I voted for IJCSLY.

Sorrowbird
30-10-2009, 06:24 PM
Oh, they were all so amazing... but Earth song impressed me the most.

Cinnamon234
30-10-2009, 06:30 PM
I loved most of the performances, but "Smooth Criminal" was my favorite!

L.T.D
30-10-2009, 06:53 PM
I know exactly the bit you mean.

I remember watching that and thinking of the 2006 WMAs when the press said he'd lost his voice.

Where are those morons now???

Thank god someone knows what im talking about. I was struggling to explain which bit it was.
Yeah he sounded brilliant.

CaptainEoLove85
30-10-2009, 07:41 PM
It's a tie between IJCSLY and Human Nature for me.

Crazyukfan2005
30-10-2009, 08:21 PM
Human Nature for me.

Amanda

h0opman31
30-10-2009, 08:55 PM
if beat it and billie jean were a bit longer with more energy, then that wouldve done it for me.

.:BAD:.
30-10-2009, 09:20 PM
I really can't decide... but i voted IJCSLY cause it made cry when i first saw it....

raz2911
30-10-2009, 09:30 PM
I thought Thriller was the best I think it would have given me a heart attack it looked so scary but cool at the same time and then Threatened came on it was flawless

AnnieRUOkay89
30-10-2009, 09:32 PM
I Voted for WBSS, with Billie Jean coming in a close second, followed by IJCSLY. Michaels dancing really shined in WBSS and Billie Jean, but Billie Jean didnt really kick in and grab until the ending dance solo, I also thought the slow motion crotch grab was nice. Whereas WBSS it was exciting from beginning to end, Michael really looked like he was happy and enjoying himself in this film.

Made me smile. :)

ManInTheMonitor
30-10-2009, 09:39 PM
I voted for IJCSLY because I was just floored by how amazing his vocals were... Had anyone said to me before the film that that would have been my choice I would have laughed, but WOW was I impressed.

Musically I LOVED the new arrangement for Jam. This was the only song on the set-list which I questioned it's inclusion before seeing the film (after all, it's hardly his biggest hit and it was performed amazingly well on the Dangerous Tour). But wow was that a great new take on a nearly 2-decade old track :-)

RainbowAngel
30-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Earth Song.

I was a bit terrified when I saw the underneath of the stage opened and the huge tractor coming out and trying to knock Michael down! Then I realised that it was only a picture of him!
The massage he have during that performance was very touching as well. I love the enviroment and the planet a lot so I feel so much during that performance.
I was just so sad. Michael want to make the world a better place and spread the massage of healing. He did all he could to educate people to care for the planet and heal the world. Our world is very corrupted and rotten, full of selfish people.

whateverhappens50
30-10-2009, 11:39 PM
i picked Billyjean although i loved Human nature especially the shoulder roll at the end i couldnt believe he was doing it . so smooth

Jan
30-10-2009, 11:48 PM
why why you didn't choose human nature than? I laughed at the part when he does agressive penguine...hehe, so cool...

Shamzfab90
30-10-2009, 11:54 PM
I didn't vote for anything, because I can't for the life of me say that there was a "best/better" performance. Each and everyone of them was amazing in its own aspect.

For example, I thought Smooth Criminal was extremely well done. I think it captured my interest and undivided attention the most. It was very well thought out and done. Sort of artistic in a sense. I also loved seeing Michael running around, sliding down railings and jumping out windows. It was just lovely. Too add to that, I also liked seeing the process of them making it. Seeing Michael running etc. in front of the green scene and then it being edited and processed to create this pure GENIOUS!

For the dancing aspect, I would have to say TWYMMF was the best. As I watched, I couldn't help but see the Michael in the Bad era. The dancing was astounding! He looked so young and vibrant. It was perfect. Identical to that of the 1980's with just a touch of modernity.

I also liked Billie Jean for dancing. There are no words I could use to express the quality of this performance. It was just breathtaking for a rehearsal!

For vocals, I enjoyed each and every song. I couldn't bring myself to choose something. His vocals were lovely. IJCSLY, Earth Song, Human Nature, Speechless etc..... I loved them all. I will be seeing the movie again tomorrow, maybe after I do, I can make a final decision on this, but for now, I will have to choose IJCSLY, Human Nature and Earth Song.

There's so much more I could add, but I won't be doing this until I see the movie for a second time. For now, these are my thoughts on it all.

movingcoolcat
31-10-2009, 12:02 AM
They were all amazing but my vote goes to Human nature. The way he sang on that one, it was out of this world. And the amount of live singing in this film was sutch a great gift. Thank God it was all recorded and filmed. It just shows what a brilliant vocalist he was. And this was rehearsals............

Tad
31-10-2009, 12:04 AM
Vocals: Human Nature
Dance: Billie Jean

soooooo, BJ is not my lover is my vote ;)

wes
31-10-2009, 12:50 AM
I voted for the Drill cause the dance is just so frickin awsome along with the Mind is The Magic music. Jam could be a close second, along with IJCSLY and WBSS. I wanna say how awsome the Shake Your Body clip was, even if MJ wasn't in it much but the dancers were just so kick ass. I love LOVE L.O.V.E. the bit of that performance when the two dancers are skipping down the ramp and criss-crossing and then when another dancer does the side way front flip (you know the one that was in the trailer too)

dangerous_88
31-10-2009, 01:12 AM
THREATENED was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

short but GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

h0opman31
31-10-2009, 01:41 AM
Vocals: Human Nature
Dance: Billie Jean

soooooo, BJ is not my lover is my vote ;)

i disagree with billie jean for dance. for dance i would say wanna be starting something.... a lot more energy. BJ maybe the weakest dance

iamthriller82
31-10-2009, 01:55 AM
they were all so great, but i loved smooth criminal with the film footage, amazing

earthlyme
31-10-2009, 04:34 AM
Ok...my #1 is Billie Jean--> Slowmo part. OMFG! :wild::wild::wild:

#2--> IJCSLY-->when he grabbed(couldnt find another word for it) her! HOT!!! and when he just srugged his shoulders when she was singing to him, he looked sooo cute! :D

#3-->Songs where he was wearing the t-shirt *Curls for my girls*...when i saw that i had tears in my eyes... :cry:

#4--> Smooth Criminal...I LOVED the part where she throws him her gloves and he puts in in the inside of his pocket...and that smile...what a beautiful smile...:wub:

Oh and BAD/TDCAU...Loved the dance...:punk:

LAST but NOT LEAST...MITM:angel:

Over all...AMAZING! AMAZING! AMAZING!:clapping:

Love,
Romi

Kmm
31-10-2009, 07:25 AM
Oh wow... the dance in Billie Jean was AMAZING! He definitely pulled out some stuff we had never seen before.

IJCSLU was so intimate and free. The way he sang at the end... *sigh*

All around, It was a great movie that everyone in the theater enjoyed. You could tell people were singing and moving in their seats. If you haven't seen it in IMAX, you should. It's really worth it. :yes: Everything is so much bigger, brighter and clearer.

Dangerous1991
31-10-2009, 09:55 AM
I cant choose, they were all amazing - The Drill/The Dont Care About Us in full costume on opening night would have been dazzling, simply amazing.

Bob George
31-10-2009, 10:31 AM
I voted for Human Nature because he sung it so beautifully. That's the best I've ever heard him sing live. But that's the case for a lot of the songs he performed. When he started singing Billie Jean I thought he was lip syncing until I realised he was singing live and he was singing as good as he did when he recorded it back in 1982. And the dancing at the end of Billie Jean was close to the best I've ever seen MJ do. He was really at the top of his game.

mier
31-10-2009, 10:48 AM
I liked WBSS because the way it opened the movie: BANG!!!!!

Billy Jean, epic.
But I didn't like the camera work on that one.
Mike was killing it and all they film is his upper body???

je57
31-10-2009, 10:49 AM
I Just Can't Stop Loving You

Fluffy_Oz
31-10-2009, 10:55 AM
I absolutely adored "Thriller"and "Jam"
"Ëarth Song" was incredible!

This movie was the most beautiful thing I've seen in a very long time.

sannahchu
31-10-2009, 11:00 AM
I love them all....but the image of MJ doing the crotch thingie of his in BILLIE JEAN.......drives me CRAZY........

yoosoo
31-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Can't believe no-one has voted for TWYMMF so far. That whole backdrop was so awesome. Like something out of a broadway musical...

agree!, he's superb and very energetic and i like every performance it was like watching a true concert rather than just a rehearsal!!

Yazman
31-10-2009, 01:41 PM
IJCSLY was so amazing! Oh man it was so beautiful! and the hug at the end!

RockWithMichael4eva
31-10-2009, 04:43 PM
I voted Billie Jean. I wanted to vote for more! But that performance was amazing, it was like he picked up on the positive energy of the dancers who were watching in awe of him and it made him shine. Michael was amazing in Billie Jean! Going to see TII again tonight!

I can't agree enough with you, His backround dancers was cheering him on so much, michael was just letting it flow.

h0opman31
31-10-2009, 05:51 PM
I can't agree enough with you, His backround dancers was cheering him on so much, michael was just letting it flow.

the backup dancers were his only audience

bobzim
31-10-2009, 08:30 PM
I voted for Human Nature purely for that little half growl for the line "I'm not loving this way" every performance was breath taking though so really unfair to pick over the others

bobzim
31-10-2009, 08:35 PM
I voted for Human Nature purely for that little half growl for the line "I'm not loving this way" every performance was breath taking though so really unfair to pick over the others

sorry obviously line is I like Loving this way. apologies

emmah24
31-10-2009, 09:12 PM
I voted Billie Jean, I've just come back from watching it a second time and Michael is moving amazing here. If I was voting on vocals it would be Human Nature had there been one full performance of this and not a combination of 3 different rehearsals.

This_Was_It_09
31-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Had to vote for Thriller/Threatened!!!!

L.T.D
31-10-2009, 10:14 PM
Whoaaa hang on. What performance did he wear a t shirt that said 'Curls for my girls' ?

Grand Master S
31-10-2009, 10:32 PM
I'm stuck between Human Nature and IJCSLY. Vocally, it was probably the best performance of Human Nature I've ever seen, and the sing-off at the end of IJCSLY in and of itself makes me wanna vote for it.

morethanamoonwalker
31-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Oh my gooood... haha, SO hard to pick...
Hmm... my fav's were:
Wanna Be Startin' Something (The most amazing opening EVER, with Light Man and everything!)
Jam (Amazing, as usual!!)
The Drill (Felt like I just wanted to dance, and so big and fantastic)
Smooth Criminal (Dome Project-vid was fantastic, and Michael was soooo goodlookin' there! Amazing performance!!)
The Way You Make Me Feel (Oooh, just gave me such a fun time :D)
Thriller (Omg, the Dome Project-video creeped the heck out of me. Perfect performance, with the spider and Threatened and everything. Likey, Likey :D)
Earth Song (Really opened my eyes to the problems that our world's suffering. We've gotta make that change!)

I can't choose... But I'll try :P

L.T.D
31-10-2009, 11:26 PM
Anyone? In which performance did he wear a shirt saying 'curls for my girls' ???

mjjfan4ever
31-10-2009, 11:32 PM
its really hard to pick one.

but i will pick Billie Jean...... the slow motion . :omg:

mjjfan4ever
31-10-2009, 11:33 PM
Anyone? In which performance did he wear a shirt saying 'curls for my girls' ???

thriller/threatened

L.T.D
31-10-2009, 11:38 PM
thriller/threatened

Oh yeah! Cool, I hadnt noticed that. How did you all see that considering its under his jacket? :S

mjjfan4ever
31-10-2009, 11:42 PM
Oh yeah! Cool, I hadnt noticed that. How did you all see that considering its under his jacket? :S

i saw a thread with the pic that showed the shirt and mike on stage with it as well.

you can see the white graphic part partly.... awesome

I missed it the first show too.

eStyle
31-10-2009, 11:54 PM
Billie Jean and I just can't stop loving you!

Edit: Voted for Billie Jean!

I agree completely here! :)

Jerome
31-10-2009, 11:55 PM
My favourite was IJCSLY, as he actually couldnt stop! :D:P
but I also loved the drill!! I thought that was genius, hope theres more of that on the DVD :)

Marilyn Monroe
01-11-2009, 01:17 AM
Smooth Criminal, and i adored the video with Rita Hayworth and the whole bit.

Earth song
The way you make me feel
They dont care about Us.

SeanK
01-11-2009, 03:48 AM
I have to say 'Threatened' alone was tiight!

kiki_online
01-11-2009, 08:25 AM
voted for billie jean but wanna be starting something and beat it were absolutely fantastic too

xxHouseLovexx
01-11-2009, 11:14 AM
omg. I Just Can't Stop Loving You was awful! I mean, look at that woman! She should act as if she was in love with Michael. She didn't feel it. Wasn't into MJ. She should be like "c'mon, baby. Show me what you got." (Tatiana quote :D)

Michael was awesome, but the woman was just NOT.

do_re_mi
01-11-2009, 02:44 PM
omg. I Just Can't Stop Loving You was awful! I mean, look at that woman! She should act as if she was in love with Michael. She didn't feel it. Wasn't into MJ. She should be like "c'mon, baby. Show me what you got." (Tatiana quote :D)

Are you serious? She's an amazing singer and to me it looked more like she wasn't sure what Michael wanted her to do.

Elena77
01-11-2009, 03:32 PM

they were still rehearsing ...

ijcsly is my favourite

Kirshach
01-11-2009, 03:38 PM
Earth song. Absolutely stunning performance, dome project and speech...
and oh, yes, Beat It was incredible too (:

Mystic
01-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Wanna Be Startin Somethin
Drill
Human Nature
Billie Jean

WBSS and Billie Jean had the best dancing. Thriller/Threatened's dancing was lackluster up until the Thriller dance, then it became great, especially during Threatened. The other dancing was good, but not as good as WBSS and BJ. HN and IJCSLY had the best vocal performances for sure.

xxHouseLovexx
01-11-2009, 07:50 PM
Are you serious? She's an amazing singer and to me it looked more like she wasn't sure what Michael wanted her to do.

Nooo, I wasn't talking about her singing abilities! Remember that moment when Michael used to do with either Sheryl or Siedah when he got closer and was touching the girl and was like c'mon, baby? Do you remember that?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyNlL1ZN6WU

Look there at 1:30

I guess no one understands me........... :(

MJsSpecialFan
01-11-2009, 09:44 PM
1..I Just Can't Stop Loving you
2..Smooth Criminal
3..Billie Jean

Thriller_MJ
01-11-2009, 09:47 PM
I had to vote Smooth Criminal, it was so amazing to see a new version of it :D

dancemasterman
01-11-2009, 10:52 PM
It was hard to pick. MJ was incredible in this movie. I chose wanna be starting something.

Arklove
02-11-2009, 12:54 AM
Billie Jean was pretty awesome! He got so into it, he always does...Totally lost in his genius! He's so incredible...Startin' Somethin' was definitely awesome as well...Speechless was beautiful...I LOVE that song...

Arklove
02-11-2009, 01:05 AM
I agree, IJCSLY was BRILLIANT...I can listen to him sing like that forever...It's true - no words can do it justice...I was in awe during that song...

000cozzie000
02-11-2009, 01:07 AM
I voted Billie Jean, mainly because of slow mo crotch grab.. but now I wish I would have voted IJCSLY, what a beautiful performance. And I SWEAR I saw Michael grab a handful LMAO..

Michael Jackson Moonwalk
02-11-2009, 02:08 AM
I also love the 'Breaking my heart nah' bit from Billie Jean. Cant get enough of that.

Yay me too :D I'm addicted to that bit, it's SO powerful.

GoldenLady
02-11-2009, 06:03 AM
Billie Jean all the way. He was feeling that energy from such a small group of people. Just imagine how it would of been like with thousands of fans.

GoldenLady
02-11-2009, 06:08 AM

I know what you mean. It seemed liked she was doing it just because it was her job not because she wanted to. I could see the lack of emotion. Maybe she would of been much different if it was an actual concert.

000cozzie000
02-11-2009, 06:41 AM
No I thought she was just nervous and vulnerable... I thought it was nice seeing Michael being the confidant man and courting her. That's what made the performance so beautiful.. if she was wearing revealing clothes and grinding him (like you see in most performances today), then it would have changed the whole feeling of the song.

BabeBeMine
02-11-2009, 06:59 AM
1. I just cant stop loving you
2. Human Nature
3 I'll be there
4 Billie Jean
5. The Way u Make Me Feel

My Top 5

Chopin-Lover
02-11-2009, 07:13 AM
I love TWYMMF! The backdrop and the arrangement is so cool. Love it when Michael asked the keyboardist to slow down "like you're dragging out of bed". :D He loves to use figurative words.

CarleyMJ
02-11-2009, 10:31 AM
Where is the all above option :) cuz I just can't pick one! I loved it all...MJ was just being MJ we all knew and loved!!! :) ok well my vote is Billie Jean :)

MJfan10
02-11-2009, 11:26 AM
I liked Billie Jean but I voted for IJCSLY.

Limonali
02-11-2009, 11:34 AM
I voted Thriller/Threatened. Just something about it....

2dangerous
03-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Vocally - I Just Can't Stop Loving You....I just love how MJ was feeling it and let himself "sing out." (Not my fave MJ song by the way)

Dancing - Billie Jean...MJ was just killin it, and then I loved to see the camera pan over to the back up dancers to see their reactions. They were so hyped. I would have been too!

I voted for Billie Jean.

MattyJam
04-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Was I the only one not that blown away by Billie Jean? It's usually one of my favourite songs, but there was no moonwalk and as someone else pointed out, the camera work is horrible because you can't even see his dancing for most of it...

Reeta
04-11-2009, 11:21 AM
WBSS, Thriller/Threatened and Smooth Criminal... and I voted for Smooth Criminal :)

Veuvje
04-11-2009, 11:29 AM
I loves Speechless, Human Nature and Thriller!!!!

But voted Thriller because it was so cool how he reinvented it!!!!:wild:

This Is It
04-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Own up, who voted for the J5 medely?!?!

:lol:

lovelymj
05-11-2009, 03:57 AM
So hard to decide....

Laura.L.
05-11-2009, 08:35 AM
I voted vor Thriller/Threatened cuz I really liked what they had done with Thriller, and most importantly Threatened! That little bit of Threatened made me go from :o to :wild: to:woohoo:!!!! It's one of the hottes things I've ever heard/seen..

Stussycrown
05-11-2009, 09:16 AM
speechless by far..
even though he song 4 lines or so.. i choose this song because it has a special meaning for me. That's the song i'm gonna marry on.
Other than that, beat was my favorite.. that really came out of the cinema speakers.

MattyJam
05-11-2009, 10:00 AM
Do you reckon the scene of Speechless was just a short improv or do you think it could've been taken from an entire performance? Wouldn't it be amazing if he'd rehearsed the whole song and they put it on the DVD.

Ahhh, one can only dream....

h0opman31
05-11-2009, 12:01 PM
why is wbss getting few votes. That performance had a lot of energy.

L.T.D
05-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Do you reckon the scene of Speechless was just a short improv or do you think it could've been taken from an entire performance? Wouldn't it be amazing if he'd rehearsed the whole song and they put it on the DVD.

Ahhh, one can only dream....

I think that little bit would have been used on the actual show.

Like he normally says 'I love you' and stuff to the fans. This was a cool little way of doing it I think he was rehearsing.

L.T.D
05-11-2009, 03:00 PM
Yay me too :D I'm addicted to that bit, it's SO powerful.

Finally someone! That bit gives me shivers! Thats just classic Michael. I love it.

Veromca
05-11-2009, 03:25 PM
I love all. But I voted J5 Medley for personal reason. "I'll be there" is my most emotional song. I just can't help being sad and crying whenever I hear it.

HOTEL
05-11-2009, 11:00 PM
The fact that it was a rehearsal and MJ wasn't going all out makes this kind of tough. I thought Billie Jean was pretty weak; no moonwalk nor kick and I wonder if he dropped the last solo dance part when he dances in spotlight to the left of the stage.

I really miss the brothers when he's doing the J5 medley.

I would prefer less theatrics and more of MJ just singing & dancing. The images on screen looked just fantastic though.

AnnieRUOkay89
05-11-2009, 11:57 PM
He never had his brothers on tour with him since Victory nor do I think he wanted them, so the J5 Medley has always been solo, except for the MSG 30th Anniversary show.

Emerald
06-11-2009, 03:20 AM
I can't choose but I honestly think the best vocal performance was "I'll Be There." It was amazing. I cried.

Windy
06-11-2009, 03:31 AM
Earth song

so touching

Moon Dancer
06-11-2009, 03:56 AM
I canīt vote!!!!

The most espectacular is "Smooth Criminal", as a group, and it seems the most finished of all. Just original, and the mixing, just awesome.

Then, "Thriller".

But "Billy Jean" was extraordinary for Michael Jackson too.

Dancer, the musicians, the guitar player was fantastci (I loveee that guitar player) they all have their parts too.

Diana Hart
07-11-2009, 03:50 AM
human nature

Courtney
07-11-2009, 04:03 AM
I really loved I Just Can't Stop Loving You, Human Nature, and Smooth Criminal.

Beat It, Billie Jean, and Earth Song also.

They were all amazing though. The very, very short "performance" of Speechless got me really excited. I started singing really loud. lmao.

michaelsson
07-11-2009, 07:00 AM
jam just gets me everytime lol

jtobin13
07-11-2009, 05:36 PM
for creativity i say Smooth crim

Justine
08-11-2009, 01:42 AM
Smooth, IJCSLU , BAD DRILL, TWYMMF:) but i love all

MJJ Lover xOX
08-11-2009, 01:53 AM
Earth Song :wub: :heart: but I would vote for them all if I could.

dangerous2000watts
09-11-2009, 03:24 PM
Threatened and Earth song

Uh-oh. Annie89 we are using the same signature. Ha Ha

souldreamer7
10-11-2009, 02:25 AM
Nope I love them all. :)

Ashtanga
10-11-2009, 02:34 AM
I love Smooth Criminal, Thriller, They don't care about us, Jam...

OMG!!! I always get so lost in the choice that is so hard to choose! Everything he did in TII me fascinated!

Sophielo
11-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Seriously, just one?!!!!! If I had to pick one then probably the I'll Be There. Michael sounded just fantastic during that, even though I was trying desperatly to hold back the tears.

Dangerous1991
11-11-2009, 01:59 PM
jam just gets me everytime lol

I know, lol, I cant believe Michael threw that in there, on the night I would have been blown away with Jam coming on after Wanna Be Startin Somthin!

ds8989
11-11-2009, 04:34 PM
billie jean

Arklove
11-11-2009, 04:55 PM

I agree...It was awesome...Even just watching Michael with the piano player for the beginning of TWYMMF was genius...Just Michael trying to explain what he's got going on in his mind for that song...Pure brilliance

Alenyx
11-11-2009, 05:50 PM
I voted for I just can't stop loving you... The singing was amazing and I loved his poses :)

marjieN
11-11-2009, 05:56 PM
I voted for the Thriller/threatened but I also loved Billie Jean - spoilt for choice

Snow White 1937
11-11-2009, 06:04 PM
Argh, why can we only pick one?
Let's see... I loved every single performance, however, my favourite ones were:
Smooth Criminal
Thriller
The Way You Make Me Feel

L.T.D
12-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Id have to say Wanna Be Startin Somethin.

I feel that it could pass as an actual live performance.

badtourgirl
12-11-2009, 06:19 PM
I am surprising myself by going with IJCSLY
His vocals were crystal clear - and the ad-libs at the end incredible.
You could tell how much he was feeling the music feeding off the perfomance...
It was nice to see

Campari
13-11-2009, 11:21 AM
IJCSLY! And Thriller/Threatened, he looked so sexy in that outfit :yes:

virgo_3079
13-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Human Nature and J5 medley,these two songs alone are enough for me to go the cinema to watch TII

L.T.D
14-11-2009, 01:05 PM
I was suprised there was no You are not alone.

Allways dreamed of hearing Michael sing that live.

JoanMJ
14-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Of course every performance was stunning in its own way but Billie Jean was magic. He just hypnotized me. He has performed Billie Jean a million times before but each time is unique.

gabsy
14-11-2009, 02:32 PM
i loved it all!
but i think the BEST performance was billie jean...can't nobody do it like mike! :P

DarkPhoenixWing
16-11-2009, 11:24 PM
Jam!!!

iscreamloud
17-11-2009, 01:38 PM
I voted IJCSLU...but loved them all so much!! Human Nature comes a close second place for me at the moment!!

amrice
18-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Billie Jean - killer body waves and ooooooo the slow motion ;) lol

IMWhizzle
18-11-2009, 01:41 PM
I Just Can't Stop & Human Nature!!!!

For the dancing it was ALL OF THEM!! :D

Evilman
18-11-2009, 02:50 PM
Easy one. Smooth Criminal.

Misuzu
18-11-2009, 10:56 PM
Smooth Criminal, Beat It or Billie Jean!

mjlover1988
21-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Human Nature was my favourite because it was the best vocal.

sharon007
22-11-2009, 07:51 PM
I voted for Smooth Criminal because of the black and white film clip and the way they put Michael in it which I though was so clever and then the performance after that was amazing. Although the Thriller performance was just amazing. I liked all of them so it was very difficult to choose which one :)

Afterglow
28-11-2009, 10:23 PM
There were about 4 favorites, but I voted for Wanna Be Startin` Somethin`, it makes me dance in the seat all the time from first seconds , it`s so full of energy and creates and good mood for the rest of the film :)

Anth0ny
28-11-2009, 11:42 PM
IJCSLY was amazing.

Human Nature and Billie Jean were close seconds. Imagine Billie Jean will the glove and the whole costume! ; _ ;

Tyga
29-11-2009, 01:28 AM
Wanna be startin something had me doing this in the aisles
http://i41.tinypic.com/2n7f387.jpg
But Human Nature was beautiful :clapping:

Mjkop4ever
29-11-2009, 02:01 AM
It's Human nature for me! :)

eStyle
02-12-2009, 03:18 PM
It's Human nature for me! :)

Because of the penguin move, right?
Come on, admit it! :P

Michael Jackson Moonwalk
04-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Human Nature was pure magic :clap: I love the ad libs and improv's Mike did, he really flew with that one!! :dancing:

Annie123
05-12-2009, 03:36 PM
Human Nature. Even though it is not one his "big" iconic songs, it is the song that feels the most Michael to me. "Why, why, why? I like living this way, I like loving this way."

Michael lived, created and performed in his own unique way, a way that mesmerized the world. I felt that essence imbedded in Human Nature. His performance in TII just reinforced it for me.

peacefulmind
06-12-2009, 12:06 AM
Human Nature. Even though it is not one his "big" iconic songs, it is the song that feels the most Michael to me. "Why, why, why? I like living this way, I like loving this way."

Michael lived, created and performed in his own unique way, a way that mesmerized the world. I felt that essence imbedded in Human Nature. His performance in TII just reinforced it for me.

AMEN to that ;)

Amy Jackson
06-12-2009, 12:14 AM
The Way You Make Me Feel was awesome!!!
I love it with all my heart!!!
MJ flerting Gilda!!! hahah Wonderful!!

Love you MJJ!!!!

Silouette
09-12-2009, 01:02 PM
I did. I love the whole scene when MJ & crew were gettin' the piece together.
MJ's directing & dancing....OMGawsh! :swoon:
But I also loved WBSS and BJ. Mmmmph!:wub:
Not to mention HN...the whole growl thing when he's showing
them how it's done! Wooooooooo!

It really is too hard to pick just one.... like always.

eStyle
09-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Yeah, The Way You Make Me Feel was cool but for me it really can't beat Billie Jean, nothing can! :)

majuc
13-12-2009, 05:54 AM
Hmm, I think I'll have to go with Smooth Criminal. I loved all of them, especially the Drill and Earth Song, but somehow SC just stands out. With the vignette, the "sizzling" and the dancing... I absolutely loved it.

MarriedtoMichaelinmyheart
13-12-2009, 12:36 PM
forced to choose one... i voted for Billie Jean

mariahdiana
14-12-2009, 12:54 PM
itīs difficult to say one of the songs.... but if i must choose i say twymmf

analogue
14-12-2009, 01:05 PM
For the singing

Human Nature
I'll Be There

For the dancing

Smooth Criminal
The Way You Make Me Feel
Billie Jean

Billie_Jean09
16-12-2009, 02:04 AM
really hard to choose just one!!! :-)
Billie Jean ( slow crotch grabbing!!!) Beat it............leaping high in the air and then on the floor with legs wiggling............oh D'oh!!! Too many to mention!
arh and the ''I just cant stop loving you'' ending...........
MJ says Dont do this to me..............I'm trying to save my voice!! :-)
xxx

mjfan1990
17-12-2009, 05:23 AM
i voted for human nature just because of the vocals amazing how he sang and the best part high notes i never thought he would hit them again amazing

MJsweden
20-12-2009, 11:43 AM
It's so hard :D I think smooth crminal :)

Derozje
20-12-2009, 03:04 PM
The Drill !!

The One.
20-12-2009, 04:02 PM
Boooo I can't choose only one.

MJsweden
27-12-2009, 10:56 AM
Startin Somethin
Jam
Smooth Criminal
Billie Jean
Human Nature
TWYMMF
Thriller/Threatened
They Don't Care About Us
Black or White
Beat It
Drill
Man In The Mirror
J5 Medley
Earth Song
IJCSLY
Speechless So,that's my list :D

MaryJackson
30-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Smooth Criminal!!!! :smoothcriminal:

Smnth
31-12-2009, 06:51 PM
I voted for the way you make me feel, cause every time I saw that peformance on This is it, I had a real big smile on my face.
But it is so hard to chose only one.

Billie_Jean09
04-01-2010, 12:27 AM
I just cant stop lovin you..............they way MJ continues in the flow after.............gets caught in the moment...............and then says ''Dont do this to me!!.....I'm trying to save my voice!!''........................awwwww
But Michael you can allow urself this one time? Says Kenny!
Love it love it!!
Cant wait for the dvd!
xxx

raz2911
04-01-2010, 01:34 AM
Thriller looked amazing I would have been terrified when I would have seen it with the dead brides and groomes

suga
04-01-2010, 06:56 AM
bille jean !

but i also liked smooth criminal

blue_eyed_belle
04-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Human Nature, but I think that i'm biased 'cos it's my favourite anyway! :wub:

MJJ1972
04-01-2010, 06:40 PM
loved it all.this would have been what michaels children have always known about their dad,but to see him do his thing on stage...the whole movie made me cry,smile and be thankful for mj.one of my smiles and tears...its all for love..l.o.v.e.

Rubi
07-01-2010, 01:34 AM
This topic is really a challenge .. lol. TII world brought me a unique emotion. In TEE, Michael is more spontaneous than ever. Dare say that he explored all the motions, but so natural. Perhaps at some point movements that needed a test, now were executed ... Incredible.
Billie Jean left me breathless. Best of Bj is not even the moonwalk, TII shows this. But WBSS, Speechless, Earth Song and Smooth Criminal made me want to cry ... with the noblest sentiments that I feel now. And only Michael made me feel (all I could attend performances) until today

ryota
07-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Earth song
Smooth Criminal and
Speechless!!!

Saoree
13-01-2010, 03:53 PM
That's very hard to choose!
I'd like to vote for every songs though, I voted for human nature.
It was really magical moment.

QSMJ
15-01-2010, 04:30 PM
I voted Billie Jean. It was AMAZING!!!

but I love them ALL.

suzynyc
19-01-2010, 06:40 PM

I voted for TWYMMF in a similar thread to this one (I can't vote in this one for some reason). As a native New Yorker I loved the NYC backdrop and the "West Side Story" vibe. It was Broadway-esque!

iso_b
19-01-2010, 09:58 PM
I love Wanna be Startin something..very funky! But for some reason threatened jus made me go wow....sounds so gd when its played live!! and of course billie jean! :p

m031
20-01-2010, 03:58 PM
human nature!

meena
21-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Jam!!!

MJJN3T
24-01-2010, 10:41 PM
I really loved the footage of Thriller. All the work they did on the parts that were going to be the 3D portions of the concert were amazing!

raingirl
24-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Can't choose just one.
Smooth criminal, TWYMMF, IJCSLY, BJ, .....

DIRTYDIANA☆
25-01-2010, 12:11 AM
I really liked Wanna Be Starting Something..and I like They Don't Care About Us..Billy Jean would've been the bomb if he would've moonwalked..and Smooth Criminal was good..All of it was great though..I really wanted to hear him sing Stranger In Moscow, which is one of my favorite MJ songs..

kasume
25-01-2010, 12:48 AM
Billie Jean as ALWAYS....he KILLED with that slow motion crotch grab.

twinklEE
25-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Billie Jean as ALWAYS....he KILLED with that slow motion crotch grab.
DITTO!!!!:clapping::wild::angel:

Arklove
28-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Yes, definitely Billie Jean....Wasn't even giving it his all, and still blown away....

trueiopian
30-01-2010, 04:15 AM
Omg :sad:

I miss him so much
I'm watching the movie right now for the first time :( :(

anko
30-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Drill !!