Positive websites and videos that celebrate MJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
DorothyMarie posted this.

David Nordahl
I just want to share this wonderful article about Michael that I found from abc news. The artist David Nordahl speaks about how down to earth and humble Michael truly was. It is a long article but would like for any one who is interested to read it because it is a positive piece on Michael. Enjoy.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...8385630&page=1

I don't think this has been posted. I looked and didn't see it. I apologize if it has been. =P

Michael and a Teddy Bear
One afternoon I had to take Michael for a doctor's appointment in Santa Monica, CA. As the afternoon turned into the evening the doctor decided that Michael should spend the night in his office so that the nurse could monitor Michael all night. Around 7:00 at night Michael told me to go back to hotel in case his children needed anything.

Around 11:00 that night I got a call from Michael saying he was really bored and he asked me to bring him some magazines. Michael loved magazines and he loved to read and look at the pictures. His favorite was Robb Report with all the high end toys. I woke up the limo driver Kato, the chinese guy-do you remember him? and had him drive me to the all night store that sold magazines.

When I got to the store I must have bought over a dozen magazines. Magazines on big beautiful homes, magazines on fashion and the music industry. I got him anything I thought would be an interest to him. I must have been walking down the childrens toys aisle towards the cash register and saw a light brown medium sized stuffed teddy bear. It was sort of cute I guess. I thought it would be sort of a gag to give him a teddy bear so I bought it and put it in a brown paper bag.

I got to the doctors office and gave Michael all the magazines that I chose. He seemed delighted with all of my choices. He thanked me for coming out- He always thanked me-

As I was about to leave I gave him the brown paper bag which contained the teddy bear and said to him, "here ya go- in case you get lonely tonight, this will keep you company".I then said good night and told him that I would be there in the morning to pick him up. He said good night but still did not look in the bag-

The next day I got to the doctors office around 9:00 in the morning and told the nurse I was there to pick up Michael. I had the limo parked by the VIP door so that he could go directly from the office into the limo. The nurse came to the door and told me that he would be ready in a couple of minutes and would be coming out shortly. I did my usual security check around me making sure there were no cameras or paparazzis etc.

The door opened and Michael came out. He smiled and said "Good Morning Mike"
As I was saying good morning back to him, I saw that in his hands, holding it against his chest was the Teddy Bear that I gave him. It was the only thing he brought with him- he left all his magazines behind. In the limo I saw he held on to the teddy bear and in never came out of his hands.

So- that is the story of the teddy bear. I hope it was not too boring to you. It made me realize just how sensative and/or appreciative he was for small gestures of caring. We never spoke of the teddy bear. I never shared this story (if I remember correctly) with anyone else. You have my permission to share this story with as many friends or fans as you wish!

Okay, thats all for now- I hope everything is well with you.

Hugs,
Mike

Last edited:
Michael Jackson can't stop laughing during an interview

I read somewhere that he laughed so much because the translation was awful, or the pronounciation of the Japanese translator into English. Listen...he starts laughing when the guy tries to ask a question. It's too cute when MJ says "I'm so sorry, just pretend I'm not doing it!" That cracked me up!Enjoy!

[YouTube]RPqOfoZH2sc[/YouTube]

Michael with Diana Ross

[YouTube]DrGTOu59lIg[/YouTube]

Michael Jackson can't stop laughing during an interview

I read somewhere that he laughed so much because the translation was awful, or the pronounciation of the Japanese translator into English. Listen...he starts laughing when the guy tries to ask a question. It's too cute when MJ says "I'm so sorry, just pretend I'm not doing it!" That cracked me up!Enjoy!

[YouTube]RPqOfoZH2sc[/YouTube]
OMG! :doh: I love it and love it even more laughter from Michael. lol! He can not stop laughing. :wild: :rofl:

Michael with Diana Ross

[YouTube]DrGTOu59lIg[/YouTube]
Oh Little Michael..... :wub:

Thanks for posting! :)

Another great website...even though it's in French I still want to share it with you. (Tip: with Google Toolbar you can translate it into English).
There are videoclips, photos, history, articles, etc
Me likey VERRRY much! :heart: :heart:

http://photos-michael-jackson.elusiveshadow.com/

The original website is http://www.elusiveshadow.com

I wanted to show you some amazing, never seen before pictures, but that was not possible unfortunately. So please, so yourself a big favor and check out the photos on this website.

Michael Jackson - I love to tour

[YouTube]E0SBTBcTDHo[/YouTube]

Michael Jackson's Funny Moments!

Michael gets teased by Diana Ross during the taping of "We Are The World"

[YouTube]akFafvFCHOA[/YouTube]

Billie Jean Songfacts

This is about a girl who claimed that Jackson was the father of her child. Jackson based it on a woman who used to stalk him, writing him letters about a son she thought was his. Jackson had a hard time dealing with his stalker and became more reclusive as a result.

Quincy Jones produced this. In his autobiography Moonwalk, Jackson said that Jones wanted to change the title to "Not My Lover" because he thought it would be confused with tennis star Billie Jean King.

Michael Jackson also says about this song in Moonwalk, "A musician knows hit material. It has to feel right. Everything has to feel in place. It fulfills you and it makes you feel good. You know it when you hear it. That's how I felt about 'Billie Jean.' I knew it was going to be big while I was writing it. I was really absorbed in that song. One day during a break in a recording session I was riding down the Ventura Freeway with Nelson Hayes, who was working with me at the time. 'Billie Jean' was going around in my head and that's all I was thinking about. We were getting off the freeway when a kid on a motorcycle pulls up to us and says, 'Your car's on fire.' Suddenly we noticed the smoke and pulled over and the whole bottom of the Rolls-Royce was on fire. That kid probably saved our lives. If the car had exploded, we could have been killed. But I was so absorbed by this tune floating in my head that I didn't even focus on the awful possibilities until later."

According to Rolling Stone magazine's Top 500 songs, Jackson came up with the song's rhythm track on his home drum machine and nailed the vocals in one take.

This won the 1983 Grammy Award for Best Rhythm & Blues Vocal Performance and Best Rhythm & Blues Song for the writer Michael Jackson. (thanks, Edward Pearce - Ashford, Kent, England, for above 4)

This broke the color barrier on MTV. It was the first video by a black artist to get regular airplay on the channel, which debuted August 1, 1981. The video was also a precursor to the video game Dance Dance Revolution, as some scenes showed Jackson performing his dance moves by stepping on squares as they would light up.

This was the second of 7 US top 10 hits from the Thriller album. "The Girl Is Mine" was released before this.

The video showcased Jackson's signature dance moves that he became famous for. His talents as a dancer helped make him a huge concert draw and a star on MTV. High-energy dancing was a huge part of his act, and artists like New Kids on the Block and his sister Janet followed his lead and made dance moves as big a part of their shows as singing. This trend continued as groups like 'N Sync and The Backstreet boys followed suit. Jackson choreographed the dance moves himself.

On the 1983 TV special 25 Years Of Motown, Jackson did The Moonwalk for the first time while performing this song.

Jackson shot a Pepsi commercial in 1984 performing this with the lyrics altered to sing the praises of the soda. During the shoot, his hair caught fire from the pyrotechnics and he was rushed to the hospital. The commercial aired on the Grammy awards.

The UPC code on the album cover contained 7 digits that were rumored to be Jackson's telephone number. People with that number in many different area codes got swamped with annoying calls.

This inspired an "answer song" - Lydia Murdock's 1983 disco hit "Superstar." In "Superstar," Murdock adopts the persona of Billie Jean, telling her side of the story. No word on if Jackson ever heard it. (thanks, Adam - Dewsbury, England)

According to Q magazine, March 2008, Michael Jackson wrote this in his home studio in Encino. He worked for 3 weeks on the bass line alone.

Producer and record mogul Antonio "LA" Reid told Rolling Stone magazine April 15, 2004: "Billie Jean is the most important record he's made, not only because of its commercial success but because of the musical depth of the record. It has more hooks in it than anything I've ever heard. Everything in that song was catchy, and every instrument was playing a different hook. You could separate it into 12 different musical pieces and I think you'd have 12 different hits. Every day, I look for that kind of song." (thanks, Bertrand - Paris, France)

Former Soundgarden lead singer Chris Cornell recorded a stripped-down, emotional version of this song for his 2007 solo album Carry On. In March, 2008, David Cook performed a similar version on American Idol, drawing rave reviews from the judges and some criticism from viewers who felt he ripped off Cornell's version. (thanks, Bertrand - Paris, France)

Quincy Jones discussed this song in a radio interview printed in Radio Times. The Thriller producer recalled: "The intro to 'Billie Jean' was so long you could shave during it. I said we had to get to the melody sooner…but Michael said that was what made him want to dance. And when Michael Jackson says something makes him want to dance, you don't argue, so he won."

In the first chart week following Jackson's death, he placed a record 21 entries on the Hot Digital Songs chart, including this song. The late singer thus overtook the mark of 14 charted titles established by David Cook on the June 7, 2008, chart. One of Cook's cuts that week was his cover of this tune.

During an interview in Thailand, Jackson was asked about the inspiration behind this song. He replied: "There is a girl named Billie Jean, but it's not about that Billie Jean. Billie Jean is kind of anonymous. It represents a lot of girls. They used to call them groupies in the '60s. They would hang around backstage doors, and any band that would come to town they would have a relationship with, and I think I wrote this out of experience with my brothers when I was little. There were a lot of Billie Jeans out there. Every girl claimed that their son was related to one of my brothers."

Quincy Jones: "According to Michael, this song was about a girl that climbed over (his) wall. He woke up one morning and she was laying out by the pool, bathing suit on. Just invaded the place, a stalker almost. And Michael says she had accused him of being the father of one of her twins." (From Q magazine August 2009).

Source: http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=277

[YouTube]3PAJqgeeJf4[/YouTube]

Crazy ass fan with Michael Jackson during Earth Song

[YouTube]h0RU4U_8PPU&feature=fvw[/YouTube]

Lucky B*stard!
LOL! :lol:

This video is wonderfully put together. The images of nature, swallows flying high and Michael blend well together.
Music is by the Italian singer Lucio Dalla - Le rondini

Nature, trees, the sky and the stars and moon above somehow make me feel close to Michael. Even though we were thousands of miles away, to know that we looked at the same sky, stars and moon, longing, wishing, dreaming, is comforting. Finding out about Michael Jackson has inspired me in so many ways, just like nature inspires me. It's a spiritual journey on the path unknown...

[YouTube]J4rQUVBDQko[/YouTube]

I believe it's Phil Collins that hands Michael the award for still having Thriller as the best-selling album even after a decade.

After he receives one award Michael thanks all his fans in his unique way and then Phil says there is more to come. I love how he says "more ?"
So humble, so beautiful inside and out! :heart:

[YouTube]njZqE4hjfKw[/YouTube]

Check this out. Here is a very nice article about Michael on www.majorloveprayer.org.

http://www.majorloveprayer.org/2010...PbZOpoHXS1-1VLPoWgUVE5px#c1293435571858165280

A Spiritual Messenger in Plain Sight

Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 convey_source = "English";

Michael Jackson: Spiritual Messenger Hiding in Plain Sight
- (c) B. Kaufmann One Wordsmith / Inner Michael

There are those rare visionaries who come along, maybe a few every millennia: the Bodhisattvas of the world. They are usually empaths who begin in childhood to literally feel the pain of the world and make vows to the cosmos early in life to change or improve it. They go about spreading awareness and mobilizing forces for change in order to make the world a better place. Counted among them are: Gandhi, Martin Luther King Jr., Mother Theresa, John Lennon, Lady Diana Spencer, His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Mattie Stepanek, Nelson Mandela and a little Moonwalker.

The most famous man on earth literally stopped the world and the internet when he became immortal on June 25, 2009. Michael Jackson was such a one— a cheerleader for humanity and a force for coalescing compassion and mobilizing global forces for change, philanthropy and social reform. A global messenger, Michael’s rise to stardom afforded him visibility and a worldwide platform from which to broadcast his message. His boldness and artistry garnered attention and Michael knew how to get attention. When he pulled enough people in and had everybody’s attention—he emphatically delivered the message. It was cloaked in a form that everyone could understand—the universal language of music.

As a child, he acutely felt the pain of the world and especially the world’s children. Michael’s words in his book Dancing the Dream reveal a thread of spirituality and mysticism rare for one so young. His body of work is filled with myth, metaphor and musical and visual story that encodes a stunning spiritual message for the human race. One has to look closely and deeper for the real message: his Ghost short film holds a jaw dropping message about humanity, mirror and shadow.

His Man in the Mirror song written by Siedah Garrett, became a Gandhi-esque anthem for a generation. He donated 100% of the proceeds of that song to charity as he did with many of his concerts including the Victory Tour with his brothers. Man in the Mirror encourages self reflection and mastery and being the change you wish to see in the world: “I’m starting with the man in the mirror; I’m asking him to change his ways; no message could have been any clearer; if you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change.”

Michael also produced They Don’t Care about Us and other songs to address police brutality and mistreatment by authority. His song and video Black or White changed minds and advanced racial equality and multicultural diversity. His We are the World composition with Lionel Richie and accompanying video gathered 39 of the most visible faces on earth to raise millions to save lives in Africa. Heal the World was sung by children around the globe and at the 1993 Super Bowl halftime show where the whole stadium became a collage of earth’s children of all races and ethnic origins. Michael was the impetus behind Live Aid, Band Aid and he is responsible for starting the trend for musicians and celebrities to engage in fundraising and philanthropy.

His environmental anthem and epic music video Earth Song, was a prominent feature of his planned comeback concert This Is It. Earth Song carries the message that we must become not only custodians but stewards of the planet or risk destroying or losing it. His spiritual messages in the form of self-reflection, commitment and action boldly took on: racism, inequality, war, poverty, gangs, illicit drugs, apathy, the misuse of power, evil, at risk youth, education, family bonds and a host of contemporary social issues. Videos of Earth Song Live can be found on You Tube stunningly raw in their emotion and stark in their message.

Michael’s Don’t Stop till You get Enough is about the Force featured in Star Wars by George Lucas; he was a fan of both Lucas and Spielberg and he understood the concept of The Force, an intuitive conscious energy that permeates creation. He often said it was that intuitive energy, Force, or God who wrote his lyrics, performed and worked through him. He denied his own genius saying that his creativity and power didn’t come from him but through him. He writes about it Dancing the Dream. The last album Michael produced, Invincible included Cry, a song about us—meaning humanity the collective, being the chosen one and needing some kind of sign that we are: ‘on it’… the mission to change the world and create a better version of the human.

Michael’s international concerts featured a military tank screaming onto stage and a soldier who lays down his weapon for a child who extends an offering of peace. He organized concerts at the world’s troubled spots like the demilitarized zone between North and South Korea asking his promoters to send him where he was needed. He teamed up with Pavarotti in benefits for the Warchild organization to help children in Kosovo and Guatemala. He organized a series of benefit concerts in Germany and Korea. He recruited Slash, The Scorpions, Boyz II Men, Luther Vandross, Mariah Carey, A. R. Rahman, Prabhu Deva Sundaram, Shobana Chandrakumar, Andrea Bocelli and Luciano Pavarotti for the Michael Jackson and Friends concerts. The proceeds were donated to the Nelson Mandela Children's Fund, the Red Cross and UNESCO.

After the 9/11 terrorist attack in New York City, Michael Jackson helped organize the United We Stand: What More Can I Give benefit concert at RFK Stadium in Washington, D.C., which aired on October 21, 2001 and included dozens of major artists. His song What More Can I Give was written for the benefit and he donated it to the 9/11 families. He founded the Michael Jackson Burn Center at Culver City Memorial Hospital in California. Attending President Clinton’s inauguration, he asked for more funding for AIDS research after Ryan White, another child he had befriended, died from the disease. Michael Jackson is listed in the Guinness World Book of Records as supporting the most charities of any entertainer—thirty nine of them. He met with heads of state and marched with armies round the world. The arm band he wore every day on his sleeve was homage to children and he vowed to wear it until there were no more wars on the planet and no more hungry children. His taped fingers were to remind him and us that there were still injured and suffering children in the world.

Michael, while on tour, would visit orphanages and hospitals in the countries where he played to concert audiences. He often met with leaders and if he found deplorable conditions during his visits, he would threaten to cancel a concert unless the conditions improved within 24 hours. No one ever ignored his demands for it would likely have caused citizen revolts. There are also hundreds of stories from people who were personally contacted by Michael Jackson. After a sniper opened fire at Cleveland Elementary School in Stockton, California, Michael called the local sheriff to request an escort from the airport to the school to visit the children; Dave Dave was a child who was badly burned when his father doused him with kerosene and lit him on fire and Michael, upon hearing the story, insisted on meeting and befriending him; Bela Farcas needed a liver transplant when Michael met him at Bethesda Hospital in Budapest so Michael paid for his new liver; he funded burials for children whose families couldn’t afford them and in one case, he sent his sequined jacket and a glove for the child to be buried in; he donated clothing and belongings for fundraisers and was the recipient of humanitarian awards too many to mention during his life and more since the recognition of his contributions since his death.

For decades, his Neverland Valley Ranch hosted monthly guest vacations, whether he was there or traveling, for children who were: gravely ill, inner city, handicapped, poor, at risk youth, gang affiliated, disenfranchised and disillusioned. The video for his famous Beat It featured real gang members Michael recruited—the Crips and the Bloods who collaborated to film it; the two groups had never before cooperated on anything except violence. His work with children was legion and very dear to his heart. Twice during his career, his celebrity, wealth and deep pockets brought accusers and accusations into his life—of improprieties with children. The accusations hurt him deeply and were later proven false and attempts to extort money from him. Although found innocent, the ordeal of his 2005 trial had harmed his reputation and was deeply wounding causing him to never host children at his fantasy ranch, nor live there again. He left his home feeling it had been sullied irreversibly by unscrupulous accusers and underhanded law enforcement personnel. He would never again sleep in his bedroom, in fact sleeping at all became rare; his sleep problems escalated and eventually led to his untimely and eerie death.

Most of Jackson’s work asks us to be emissaries of change and the evolution of human consciousness. The man leaves in his wake, an unparalleled humanitarian legacy, planetary midwifery and the alchemical power of the Bodhisattva used to enhance humanity and the planet. Using voice, magic, majesty, artistry, dance, mystery, sensuality, musical genius, enchantment and colossal talent to get their attention, pull people in, and marshal forces to deliver his message Michael trumpeted the message: Heal the world, make it a better place; make that change and change the world.”

If one digs underneath the hype, sensationalism and medialoid portrayal of Jackson, one finds a visionary and true humanitarian. If one looks beyond the label of “crazed” attributed to his fans, one finds mostly intelligent, thoughtful people who quite possibly are the greatest legacy he left this world. As the world’s most famous and visible global humanitarian and cheerleader, he leaves behind a worldwide family of 250 million admirers who are taking his teachings seriously. Michael always said his fans were his legacy. Many in the media have given them a cursory dismissal because of the “fan” label. But they got the message and they mean to be the change they want to see in the world and make it a better place. They are an army of humanitarians who are being the change. They mobilize themselves and resources for causes like the earthquakes in Haiti and Chile and others. They got Michael’s message and are weaving it into their lives.

Perhaps it’s time Michael Jackson is recognized for who he really was and not for the media frenzied and tabloid portrayal that pandered to a sophomoric public drunk and fixated on the cult of celebrity. His genius is there for anyone who wants to take a closer look, who wants the truth and not the tabloid caricature version. If he were recognized for his real accomplishments we would see an unappreciated visionary and genius, a spiritual teacher among us who was hiding in plain sight and masquerading as a Moonwalking Maker of Magic. If you feel impelled at all to take a closer look you may find your mouth agape and your surprise staggering. And you might even come to understand the Force that was Michael Jackson; then the real legend continues.

Reprinted with permission (c) B. Kaufmann One Wordsmith / Voices Education.org

Also visit: www.innermichael.com

Michael the Prankster

Though Menzies was hired specifically to work as a bodyguard for Jermaine Jackson, roles on the "Victory" tour were fluid. Often Menzies would be reassigned to accompany Michael Jackson to a news conference or other events.

Jackson the prankster

While on that tour, he said he saw the Jackson family as warm and friendly, an image that is at odds with tabloid coverage.

Michael Jackson would often enlist his younger brother, Randy, as well as Menzies in one of his favorite pranks. Late at night, the trio would gather the room service trays left by guests in the hotel's hallway. Then they would target one of the other brothers and stack all the trays in front of his door.

"In the morning, when they had to run out, they would run into all those dishes, " Menzies said.

Menzies, who said Snickers candy bars were another Jackson staple, recalled other light-hearted details. At one point on the "Victory" tour, Menzies said, Jermaine Jackson was supposed to place Michael's fedora on a microphone stand as his younger brother did his trademark moonwalk dance across the stage.

But one night, Michael Jackson finished his dance only to find Menzies' New York Yankees baseball cap on the stand where his own hat should have been.

"You should have seen Michael's face when he turned around and saw that hat, " Menzies recalled, laughing.

The dance that Michael Jackson made look so easy was a product of hard work as well as talent, Menzies said.

"He used to practice every night after the show, " Menzies said. "Everywhere we went, he would have to have a hardwood floor in his room so he could practice."

Another time, Menzies remembered, "we were in New York doing a show and Marlon took off his jacket and Michael threw it in the audience.

"That night, Jermaine said 'Michael, I love you. I love you to death. But if you take my jacket and throw it into the audience, I'm going to throw you right behind it.' "

Though the six-month "Victory" tour was the last time Menzies worked directly with Michael Jackson, he continued to work with Jermaine Jackson off and on for years.

"The last time I talked to Michael, it had to be years ago, " he said. "But I was keeping in touch with Jermaine. I kept up with them, where they were."

Source:
http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2009/07/exbodyguard_for_michael_jackso.html

Today's date calls for a lighthearted video, with some funny faces, some funny moments and some very cute laughs!
I hope you like it!

Remembering Michael Jackson: the Cutest and Funniest moments of MJ!

[YouTube]ga3407JRbaE[/YouTube]

Earth Song

Earth_Song_cover.jpg

"Earth Song"

Single by Michael Jackson
from the album: HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I
Released: November 27, 1995
Format: CD single
Recorded: 1995
Genre: Blues, gospel
Length: 6:46 (Album Version)
5:02 (Radio Edit)
Label: Epic Records
Writer(s): Michael Jackson,

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_Song

Jackson: "I remember writing Earth Song when I was in Austria, in a hotel. And I was feeling so much pain and so much suffering of the plight of the Planet Earth. And for me, this is Earth's Song, because I think nature is trying so hard to compensate for man's mismanagement of the Earth. And with the ecological unbalance going on, and a lot of the problems in the environment, I think earth feels the pain, and she has wounds, and it's about some of the joys of the planet as well. But this is my chance to pretty much let people hear the voice of the planet. And this is "Earth Song." And that's what inspired it. And it just suddenly dropped into my lap when I was on tour in Austria."

Source: http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=5203

Michael Jackson's "This Is It" Earth Girl

[YouTube]yp-Bx6GjwuI[/YouTube]

Michael Jackson - Earth Song - History Tour Munich

[YouTube]JS2Erv2Xqp4[/YouTube]

Plant a Tree in honour of Michael Jackson at www.nature.org

Origins of the Moonwalk

Dancers (in alphabetical order):
Fred Astaire, Bill Bailey, Buck and Bubbles, Cab Calloway, Clark Brothers, Sammy Davis Jr., Daniel L. Haynes, Rubberneck Holmes, Patterson and Jackson, Eleanor Powell, Bill Robinson, Three Chefs (only the feet), Tip Tap and Toe (feat. Ray Winfield), Earl Snakehips Tucker

[YouTube]fxZcLWAmdco[/YouTube]

Origins of the Moonwalk

Dancers (in alphabetical order):
Fred Astaire, Bill Bailey, Buck and Bubbles, Cab Calloway, Clark Brothers, Sammy Davis Jr., Daniel L. Haynes, Rubberneck Holmes, Patterson and Jackson, Eleanor Powell, Bill Robinson, Three Chefs (only the feet), Tip Tap and Toe (feat. Ray Winfield), Earl Snakehips Tucker

[YouTube]fxZcLWAmdco[/YouTube]
This video is soooooooo wonderful. :wild: Thanks for posting. :)

Remembering: Michael Jackson: dancers and choreographers who knew and loved him, and those who've simply been inspired by him, pay tribute

Wade Robson, choreographer

Michael's movement was this amazing amalgamation of all his influences, filtered through this beast of a dancer. His lines were so dynamic. He understood the strength of simple movement delivered with incredible precision and energy. An invert of the legs and an extension of the arm were so much more powerful than 15 pirouettes. His energy shot up from the earth. God danced through him.

I remember the first time he taught me the moonwalk at the dance studio at Neverland. I was 7, I think. I remember standing at the ballet barre and him teaching me to push back one foot at a time, teaching me the weight distribution on the balls of the feet. "Now just go, push off, and fly!" he said. That night I couldn't sleep. I had to get up every 15 minutes and do it again.

I learned altruism from him. In the entertainment industry, it's easy to get jaded. Despite all of the madness he went through, he had such an innocence. He trusted people, and in his heart, believed in them.

Brian Friedman, choreographer

Even in his most subtre moves, he forced you to watch him. No one hit as hard as he did. He's one of the only people who could stand still for 30 seconds, a minute, and not let you look away.

Thriller, Smooth Criminal, Ghost, and Captain EO molded me as a creator. Without projects like these, I would be afraid to take the risks I do. If Michael had just described the plot of Thriller, who would've ever believed him? But he made it anyway and it is the most iconic video ever.

He was the first person to have technical dancers from contemporary and ballet backgrounds dancing with Pop N' Taco. It was incredible to see him bringing the worlds together. He gave every audience member something to connect with.

At 14, I booked a job with him. At the end of the live show, I happened to be standing next to him. He put his head close to mine, pointed to the signs in the audience, and said, "I don't understand why all these people love me." Especially to a kid, it was so honest. He was saying "I'm normal." It put me in a position to always stay grounded.

Brian Thomas, teacher/choreographer

The first day of rehearsals for Michael's 30th-anniversary celebration everyone was terrified. When he came in to watch the choreography I had made for him, I said, "OK, you can sit over here." I looked over, and my son had put some candy and a picture he drew of Michael on his chair. I apologized, "My son must have done that." Michael fell on the floor laughing--he was literally rolling. He said, "Show me some dance moves" to my son. It broke the ice, so the dancers weren't so afraid. He could've been a diva but he was nice to everyone. That's what I remember most--his childlike spirit.

Buddha Stretch, teacher/Remember the Time music video choreographer

Michael's a combination of so many different styles and influences. I think his biggest influence was James Brown, with some Bob Fosse, some Fred Astaire, some Don Campbell and the Lockers, some Nicholas brothers, and later on, some hip hop. We were working on the video for "Remember the Time," and Michael wanted to learn everything that we did--any little movement, even if we were just playing around. He was so interested in what made us dancers, what made us do hip hop. He wanted to experience going to a club and dancing in a circle. We were going to dress him up in a hoodie, hat, jeans, and sneakers, but the last day, his security and his management talked him out of it.

Randy Allaire, co-founder of the Edge Performing Arts Center/MJ backup dancer for eight years

How many stars can brand a step like he did? He affected generations of dancers. He pulled guys into the studio and made it OK for us to move. A lot of Michael's movement was dance, but he always tried to go for the pedestrian feel. As dancers, we were very careful to not look like dancers. We had to be more accessible.

Michael was very generous, a very good soul. There were definitely the two sides: the ultimate showman and the regular guy--however regular you could be as a superstar. But he controlled it all. He collaborated with many choreographers, but it was always MJ's vision and direction.

Chloe Arnold, tap dancer/teacher

He was 100 percent unique and heartfelt. To take our art seriously and realize how many people we can affect--that's something we can take from him. There are so few artists genuinely creating their style. With Michael, you could see a silhouette and immediately know it was him.

Jared Grimes, tap dancer

Michael Jackson was a human phenomenon. To me, he is up there with the seven wonders of the world--a god of dance. I remember when he popped out of the floor and stood still for five minutes at the Bucharest concert--I had never seen an aura that strong before.

Akram Khan, choreographer

When Michael Jackson came along with Thriller, my world changed. I thought, There's hope. He's closer to my color. I was in love with the fact that he had the power to draw people in, not only white people but people in general.

To read more tributes, click on the link below....

Source: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1083/is_9_83/ai_n35632262/

Magical Child - Written by Michael Jackson

[YouTube]1po1Kuv97ow[/YouTube]

Once there was a child and he was free
Deep inside, he felt the laughter
The mirth and play of nature's glee
He was not troubled by thoughts of hereafter
Beauty, love was all he'd see

He knew his power was the power of God
He was so sure, they considered him odd
This power of innocence, of compassion, of light
Threatened the priests and created a fright
In endless ways they sought to dismantle
This mysterious force which they could not handle

In endless ways they tried to destroy
His simple trust, his boundless joy
His invincible armor was a shield of bliss
Nothing could touch it, no venom, no hiss

The child remained in a state of grace
He wasn't confined in time or place
In Technicolor dreams, he frolicked and played
While acting his part, in Eternity he stayed

Soothsayers came and fortunes were told
Some were vehement, others were bold
In denouncing this child, this perplexing creature
With the rest of the world he shared no feature
Is he real? He is so strange
His unpredictable nature knows no range
He puzzles us so, is he straight?
What's his destiny? What's his fate?

And while they whispered and conspired
Through endless rumors to get him tired
To kill his wonder, trample him near
Burn his courage, fuel his fear
The child remained just simple, sincere

All he wanted was the mountain high
Color the clouds, paint the sky
Beyond these boundaries, he wanted to fly
In nature's scheme, never to die
Don't stop this child, he's the father of man
Don't cross his way, he's part of the plan
I am that Child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, just lost the clue

Inside your heart sits a Seer
Between his thoughts, he can hear
A melody simple but wondrously clear
The music of life, so precious, so dear

If you could for one moment know
This spark of creation, this exquisite glow
You would come and dance with me
Kindle this fire so we could see
All the children of the Earth
Weave their magic and give new birth
To a world of freedom with no pain
A world of joy, much more sane

Deep inside, you know it's true
Just find that child, it's hiding in you.

(part 2)
Magical child once felt a twinge
A faint recollection, a memory unhinged
In the colors, the forms, the hue
There seemed a mystery with a subtle clue
Behind the wind, the storm, the gale
Within the shroud, beyond the veil
Hidden from view in a wondrous pattern
There seemed a force that he could not fathom
Its music and cadence were playful and sweet
He danced in bliss to its throbbing beat
He did not mind either cold or heat
On the mountain high was his royal seat

Strangers came and scorned his joy
With ridicule and banter they tried to destroy
What in their minds was a skillful play
With cruel darts they tried to plunder
To suffocate and strangle his innocent wonder
Fighting hard, despite their blunder
Again and again to steal his thunder
Despite their attacks, they could not break
With all their barbs they could not take
God's gift of love, which they could not fake
Not knowing his strength or what he sought to seek
They complained aloud and called him a freak

But the mysterious force just kept its hold
Magical child grew brave and bold
Diving deep into his soul
In exquisite ecstasy he discovered his role
In his Self was infinite scope
This mysterious force was mankind's hope
Piercing through that mask of Being
In that silence beyond all seeing
Was a field with a different story
A field of power, of awesome glory
With other children, if unfurled
Its tidal wave would change the world
Magical child was ready to bow
Sow the seed, pick up the plough
With effortless ease, without a sigh
Without a tear, without a cry
With silent perfection
Under God's direction
To sing together as one race
Stem the tide, transform this place

Magical children, don't worry how
Don't delay, this moment's now

from the book
**DANCING THE DREAM by Michael Jackson**
(published 1992)

Just stumbled on this; I've never seen it before...I really enjoyed it, it was well done, and shows Michael and how he takes Fred Astaire's influence on him to his own stratospheric level! Two amazing performers!

Thanks for this thread!!

(stage lights come on @ about 1:10)

SXSW 2010 Video: Michael Jackson, Free Willy Live On With The Very Best

By Nick Rallo, Saturday, Mar. 20 2010 @ 1:41PM

First of all, it was 2 a.m. and my feet were like blood balloons.

But The Very Best still managed to get me--and a room full of people--to board the stage and break out in a huge dance party last night. In the process, Michael Jackson lived on stage for about three and a half minutes last night.

Also: Willy from the movie Free Willy.

The lights went out, and "Will You Be There" closed the incredible show.

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/dc9/2010/03/michael_jackson_free_willy_liv.php

http://www.youtube.com/v/dVTvKwDXOLc&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1http://www.youtube.com/v/dVTvKwDXOLc&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1

This is wonderful....wow.
Was this in Austin?

Welcome home to Never Never Land Michael Jackson

687.jpg

A wee small lad was delivered unto our gentle shores.
Barefoot, young, and beautiful.

A toad in his pocket and rainbow full of dreams.
In his tiny hand he carried a silver shiny sand pail.

Whistling a catchy tune happily dancing with his feet.
In Never Never land we are innocent, safe and freed.

Age, fame, fortune, misery, and iconic expectations
are left outside the gates to be washed upon the beach.

Never Never Land warmly welcomes you home little one.
Run….along…scoot..

You are free to live innocently your lost childhood dreams.

Scoot…scoot…and by the way….
nice toad. Did you catch him yourself?

Oh..my, please tell…me..all about…it.
Do you like tree forts...we have plenty
and the silly dolphins they love to play!

Never Never will there be a need to hold your breath
The heavens will supply all the air you need to embrace your new life.

689.jpg

Welcome home to Never Never Land Michael Jackson.

Source: http://allpoetry.com/poem/5476143

Once We were there (written by Michael Jackson)

[YouTube]rMAiYA1ZUxg[/YouTube]

Before the beginning, before the violence
Before the anguish of the broken silence
A thousand longings, never uttered
Pangs of sorrow, brutally smothered
But I have chosen to break and be free
Cut those ties, so I can see
Those bonds that imprisoned me in memories of pain
Those judgments, interpretations that cluttered my brain
Those festering wounds that lingered have gone
In their place a new life has dawned
That lonely child, still clutching his toy
Has made his peace, discovered his joy
Where time is not, immortalitys clear
Where love abounds, there is no fear
The child has grown to weave his magic
Left behind
His life of sorrow, once so tragic
He is now, ready to share
Ready to love, ready to care
Unfold his heart, with nothing to spare
Join him now, if you dare.
DANCING THE DREAM by Michael Jackson**
(published 1992)
Neverland - Piano Variation in Blue" by Jan A.P. Kaczmarek
Credit :
The Untold Story of Neverland
by Larry Nimmer (nimmer.net)

Michael Jackson's Choreographer Teaches Dancing Filipino Prisoners 'This Is It' Routine

Michael Jackson was a fan of the more than 1,500 Filipino inmates who performed the choreography for his video "Thriller" in 2007 and created a viral hit..

Jackson watched the videos of Cebu Provincial Detention And Rehabilitation Center (CPDRC) prisoners during breaks from his tour rehearsals for "This Is It," his choreographer Travis Payne said..

Payne recently contacted Cebu Governor Gwendolyn Garcia, and arranged to make a surprise visit to meet the performers in the high security prison, the Philippines' Manila Bulletin reported..

Payne spent two hours on Sun., Jan. 17, and Mon., Jan. 18, teaching the dancers the routines from Jackson's posthumous "This Is It" film..

"The Drill" is the last scene Payne and Jackson worked on together before the pop icon died in June. The clip was released over the weekend, days before the Tues., Jan. 26 release of the "This Is It" DVD..

The CPDRC performance videos of Jackson's "Thriller," "Dangerous," and the Village People's "Y.M.C.A," among others, are all well done..

But Payne, who worked with Jackson for more than 10 years, was able to take their performance to new heights. Their rendition of Jackson's "They Don't Really Care About Us" is comparable to the scene in "This Is It.".

The "This Is It" version is a highlight of the film. It features a group of dancers who were digitally replicated to appear as an army. Payne's work with the CPDRC men brought this virtual sequence to real life..

The inmates were not initially receptive to participating in the choreographed dances, said Bryon Garcia, a security consultant for the prison. He suggested the activity to keep the prisoners busy during their downtime, the Manila Bulletin reported..

According to the New York Times, Bryon decided to post videos of the prisoners dancing online to publicize some of the positive changes he implemented at Cebu since joining the staff in 2004..

Dancing Inmates - The Drill and They Don't Care About Us

[YouTube]mKtdTJP_GUI[/YouTube]

Source: http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/hi...ancing-filipino-prisoners-this-is-it-routine/

Speed Painting Michael Jackson

Williams Shamir is the name of the truly gifted artist who speed-painted Michael Jackson. Fascinating to watch and I am amazed by how he has managed to capture the essence and core being of Michael in his painting. Look at the eyes and the faint, loving smile playing around Michael's mouth.

[YouTube]DYnDgZoVkaU[/YouTube]

If you want to see more of his paintings, go to http://www.williams-shamir.com

Last edited:
MJJLaugh I absolutely ADORE all the stuff you post! Thanks so much!

Miko Brando, son of actor Marlon Brando, has been friends with Michael Jackson for over 25 years...

Michael was my idol. He’s been my father figure since my father died. It’s strange living without him. I will never be the same, and I don’t know if I’ll ever get over this loss. It’s like losing your companion, someone you always thought would be there. It’s just not right. He meant a lot to me. I feel like a different person than I was before Thursday. I feel numb — lost. He was a good friend for so many years. I treasure the time I spent with Michael. We’d go shopping together, go to Disneyland, take trips, spend time at Dad’s house. He’d just come over and set up camp at my dad’s house for a while. I enjoyed talking about music, eating together and having fun with Michael. We were just good friends, that’s the best way I can put it. He was always there for me when I needed him, and I’d like to think I was always there for him. I don’t really have a single memory of Michael that sticks out. It’s hard to do when you’ve been friends as long as we have. My best memories are of the time we spent talking, him hugging me, having good conversations, and making him laugh — I really enjoyed making him laugh. I could say some things — just a few words in his ear, and I could get a laugh out of him. And boy, did he have an infectious laugh. Above all, Michael was a very caring person. He had a lot of love in his heart. He cared about everybody, especially the people on the street. He wasn’t stuck up — he had no ego, and he tried to make time for everybody because he didn’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings. If he thought he did something wrong, it would really bother him. He had more love than anyone I know. The Michael I saw everyday was one that loved his kids. They were his main focus. He was a very busy man, but he always made sure the kids were being looked after. What a lot of people may not realize about Michael, is how good a businessman he was. The tour he was planning is a perfect example. He was a perfectionist, and he knew exactly what he wanted and how to get it. Everything regarding the tour had to be approved by Michael. Just because he hasn’t been on TV or out in public a lot recently, that doesn’t mean he wasn’t busy and active. A lot of people have speculated he was really stressed over the tour, but I don’t think he was. He went through the same routines he did for past tours. I’ve thought about whether there were any similarities between Michael and my dad, and I cannot think of a single one. You’ve heard opposites attract? I think that explains their friendship. They had absolutely nothing in common, but when you got them together, you couldn’t tear them apart. He loved my dad, and they spent many days together at Dad’s house and at Neverland. They were very close. Michael was instrumental helping my father through the last few years of his life. For that I will always be indebted to him. Dad had a hard time breathing in his final days, and he was on oxygen much of the time. He loved the outdoors, so Michael would invite him over to Neverland. Dad could name all the trees there, and the flowers, but being on oxygen it was hard for him to get around and see them all, it’s such a big place. So Michael got Dad a golf cart with a portable oxygen tank so he could go around and enjoy Neverland. They’d just drive around — Michael Jackson, Marlon Brando, with an oxygen tank in a golf cart. Some of the best times I spent with Michael were just sitting on a bench at Disneyland’s “Main Street.” We would just sit there and people watch. Sometimes Michael would be in a getup so people wouldn’t recognize him — but they always did. When he was in a bad mood or a little down, I’d just say “Michael, the bench,” and that would bring him out of it. If I knew he wanted to have fun, or just get away, I’d say “let’s go to the bench,” and we were gone. Of course, Michael Jackson in a public place like Disneyland was bound to draw crowds, and sometimes we would have park security with us. But they weren’t there to protect Michael, they were there to protect the crowds. He was never really concerned about himself, but that someone would get hurt in the crush of people that wanted to see him. People would just go crazy when they saw Michael Jackson. Michael rarely cried, but I think he’d be in tears over the reaction to his death. He’d be overwhelmed and happy that so much of the love he gave was returned by the people he loved. I think he’d take a deep breath and just say thank you. The family is still planning the funeral, but I think Michael would want it to be a celebration. He would want everybody there. He loved his fans. I’ve been around plenty of big movie stars, but Michael’s fans are beyond fans. He knew the fans were what made him, and he wouldn’t want to leave anyone out. Everywhere he went, fans would be there. He’d tell me the fans always knew what he was doing. I don’t think anyone has ever had fans like that. So Michael would want a funeral that included his fans and made them happy. He would want it to say: “I’m still with you and we’ll always be together.” He was happy, and he wanted to make everybody around him happy. Finally, he would want love. Above all, Michael was about love.

Source:
http://mjthekingofpop.wordpress.com...-brando’s-son-on-the-michael-jackson-he-knew/

MJ - Special Videos Rares - Can't fight the moonlight

This video contains a lot of spontaneous actions, goofing around, fan interactions, MJ being shy and cute. Just when you think it's next to impossible to find a video with less-known images and film, I was lucky enough to find this little gem!
One man, one smile, and one heart with enough love for all of us!! :heart:

[YouTube]AsoYTmkEy-c[/YouTube]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back