Movie characters that reminds you of Michael

Lucilla

Proud Member
Movie characters that remind you of Michael

for me it would be Frederic Chopin in "Impromptu" (film from 1991) played by Hugh Grant.

Because they show Chopin so delicate and gentle but still a man who loves women. I love that movie :D I saw it when I was a kid and since then I fell for Chopin's music :wub:

Last edited:
Re: Film characters that reminds you of Michael

theres alot movie charcters that remind me of michael. of course Peter Pan who Michael adored and saw himself as through out his life. Edward Sissorhands bc he was just the most misunderstood soul and was considerd a freak and a outcast even though he was the most gentle man.Willy Wonka (johnny depps version) bc he is a eccentric man who created a world full of magic and all things candy like Michael did with Neverland and he also had issues with his father just like michael. Those charcters Michael related to the most idk about Wonka but he surely doesnt leave much to the imagination when it comes to Michael.

omg, yes! I forgot about those 3 characters. Isn't it a coincidence that Johny Depp played all of them? How cute :D

for me it would be Frederic Chopin in "Impromptu" (film from 1991) played by Hugh Grant.

Because they show Chopin so delicate and gentle but still a man who loves women. I love that movie :D I saw it when I was a kid and since then I fell for Chopin's music :wub:

I have loved Chopin's music since I was 10 or so....

"Victor" in the "Corpse Bride". This time spoken by Johnny Depp. I see we have theme going on here...
For some reason I could also see him as Max de Winter in Hitchcock's "Rebecca", don't ask me why.

yeah, there are some characters that just reminds you of Mike even if they dont have much in common.

Like when I first saw "The Nightmare before Christmas" and Jack, I coudn't stop thinking about him, why? just because :scratch: :lol:

I just remembered that the principal character of "Powder" (1995) reminds me of him for a lot of reasons.

I have loved Chopin's music since I was 10 or so....

oh! I was about the same age when I started to like him :D

Peter Pan because Michael relates himself to Peter naturally... It's cute
Edward Scissorshand. I just watched this beautiful movie few weeks ago and I felt that I was watching Michael and the outfit very BAD inspired too. I didnt know until I read wiki that Tim did consider Michael to play Edward first hand

Willy Wonka (johnny depps version) bc he is a eccentric man who created a world full of magic and all things candy like Michael did with Neverland and he also had issues with his father just like michael.

they might be alike in that way BUT u know as Depp said Willy Wonka hates children but :heart:Michael loves children.

i cant relate them to each other.

Like others have said, Edward Scissorhands. Everything about him - innocent, misunderstood, betrayed..

Rocky Balboa and MJ have some things in common. Both of them are very childlike

Of course Edward Scissorhands for not only his persona but some eerie similarities in what happens to them in life, J.M Barrie from Finding Neverland, The Phantom of the Opera because of feeling he always had to hide his looks and how isolated he was, and a little Willy Wonka (Johnny's version, even though he played him more cooky than I imagine Michael to be). How funny that Johnny Depp has managed to play different sides of Michael. That's why he doesn't need to play him in a movie, he pretty much already has in 3. hehhe

Lisa Simpson reminds me alot of MJ

They are both misunderstood
They care about the enviroment and helping people
They are both very smart
They both don't have alot of close friends

they might be alike in that way BUT u know as Depp said Willy Wonka hates children but :heart:Michael loves children.

i cant relate them to each other.

actually Depp's verson of Wonka didnt hate kids he just hated greedy, naughty children bc if you notice in the flim and book he saids he was only looking for the most unspoiled, rotten child to leave his factory to and that just happened to be charlie bc the other kids were spoiled and rude.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in Amadeus, Mozart also died young, is like with geniuses, they must die young.... so absurd....

If you watch this BRILLIANT film, you'll see there are MANY, i mean many parallels between Michael's life and Mozart's life, its amazing....i'll start only saying they were both child prodigies....

Every Michael Jackson fan MUST watch AMADEUS

But saying a "character" cause Mozart was a real person... i'll say Edward Scissorhands TOTALLY

and of course Peter Pan :)

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in Amadeus, Mozart also died young, is like with geniuses, they must die young.... so absurd....

If you watch this BRILLIANT film, you'll see there are MANY, i mean many parallels between Michael's life and Mozart's life, its amazing....i'll start only saying they were both child prodigies....

Every Michael Jackson fan MUST watch AMADEUS

Yes, I read an article about the similarities between Mozart and Michael. The resemblance was quite scary. I haven't seen the movie yet, will definitely watch. thanks!

Yes, I read an article about the similarities between Mozart and Michael. The resemblance was quite scary. I haven't seen the movie yet, will definitely watch. thanks!

I've seen the movie about a 100 times and while I adore the music of both, I really don't see anything uncanny or scary. To me both MJ and Mozart seem like two personalities that couldn't be more different from each other but that's just my gut feel. It kind of bothered me to see Mozart being portrayed as this guy with zero tact. Every director will take artistic license to convey their own impressions.

There certainly is the child prodigy overlap but that's about it. I still find "Amadeus" to be a great movie because it makes people willing to open up to Mozart's music because they certainly will show you some of his most haunting works. The Requiem and the Piano Concerto in D-Minor.

I felt like watching MJ to a degree when watching the movie "Farinelli". And I really don't mean the high voice and castrato aspect of it, that's not what I mean at all. More the ability to deeply move people through music.
To me it always seemed like MJ structured his concerts like an Opera, I mean he started the "Dangerous" Concerts with a big fat pathos of "O Fortuna".

Farinelli in his time was what MJ was in our time. Incredible musical talent, sibling with questionable motives, beautiful man torn by the desire to move people through music, the desire for have children, to experience love aside from adoration and adulation from the masses. The movie Farinelli certainly is a lot of fiction but in a sense it applies to MJ as well. Both Farinelli and MJ inspired other musicians and composers to create.

So, to me the character of "Farinelli" seems close to some of MJ's issues.
(again, I don't mean the whole castration and high voice part!)

Farinelli MOVED people the same way MJ did. They literally freaked out, screamed their heads off and were ready to throw themselves onto him.
Farinelli's brother was writing music for his brother that primarily showcased technical grandness and at some point Farinelli grew tired of it, wanting to sing music that had a deeper meaning than just showing off.

I loved one of the featurettes of This Is It- Memories of Michael. At one point the Thriller Interlude is being described as "operettique", MJ gets up and starts singing, describing how the voices should be high, etherial etc. LOVED IT!

Last edited:

Ive seen Farinelli, didnt thought of Michael then, dont do it now, but is a sad story, and a good movie, not my favorite, but is good :)

^ Hmm, never seen that one. Have to keep it in mind.

Aside from some others mentioned I'd like to add to this the character of Jeremy in the film "Powder" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzy0qTEa9vs&feature=related) Smart and sensitive kid with special gifts who's kept away from average people who can't understand him and are afraid of his uniqueness. They call him a freak, try to set him up, destroy him. There are other similarities too. It's a sad movie in the way that Edward Scissorhands is...

Nijinsky (1980 film)
The story of Vaslav Nijinsky, a famous ballet dancer. Sad story.
Jeremy Irons is in the cast by the way.

I watched it when I was a kid, and I remember I loved the music and learned about Debussy that way. I can relate to the poor girl who did anything to get to Nijinsky :p

Jean-Michel Basquiat. (Watch the movie starring David Bowie as Andy Warhol!)

Lisa Simpson reminds me alot of MJ

They are both misunderstood
They care about the enviroment and helping people
They are both very smart
They both don't have alot of close friends

I've never thought of that before. As absurd as it sounds, I do agree to a certain extent. :laugh:

Willy Wonka :)

I still think Michael should've played him.

Simba, easily. Right down to the personality and voice. I remember how the older Simba didn't want to grow up, plus he was falsely accused too. Timon and Pumba's home away from Simba's tribe = Neverland.

I always see this as the evolution of young MJ into adult MJ:

Last edited:
The only movie character that I can think of that reminds me of Michael is Kalpana from the 2005 Tamil movie and the 2008 Hindi movie remake of Ghajini. She was like Michael in a way she was always very helpful and loving to other people in need. Especially to children. And just like Michael Kalpana was murdered in the movie. But not in the same way Michael was. And in the Hindi movie version she died near the June date that we has lost Michael on but about 3 years before him.

Back