** Can all members please read **

Status
Not open for further replies.

StaceyMJ

Proud Member
Hello everyone!

To keep the board clean and tidy and to make things a little easier for us mods and your own navigation can you please take a moment to refresh your memories with the following things we ask of you when posting around the board.

* Descriptive titles when creating threads
Please make your thread titles as descriptive as possible. For example "Saw this on TV" is not acceptable, please instead use something such as "Michael Jackson was voted number 1 artist of all time on UK TV". Saves opening every thread to see what it's about.

* Tags
Please tag all new threads that you create. It is very difficult for a member to find things sometimes. By tagging your thread it will make the keywords more readily searchable and it will help with the duplication of threads.

* Posting links
When posting links please provide a brief description of what it is when either starting a thread or just posting one.

* Respect
Please show each other respect at all times. Rudeness is not necessary, nor will it be tolerated. Agree to disagree and move on. Use the report function when necessary. That does not mean that a thread cannot be used to debate a topic. But a nasty argument is not needed. Once it resorts to belittling or namecalling it is a no, no.

* Board searches
Before starting a thread, if you think it may have been posted before please do a quick board search to save creating multiple threads on the same topic.

* Different board sections
Please take a moment to look at the forum descriptions again, and ensure when creating a new thread that you do so in the correct section of the board. Main problems with this seem to be the difference between:

• Michael Jackson news and happenings and Michaelmania - if it's not new or happening (lol) then it belongs in Michaelmania.Some exceptions may be delegated to news by staff
  • Help and Information centre - if you have a question regarding the board or a technical problem, please find your answer there or ask any questions there.

* Use the PM feature
Please do not use threads around the board for personal conversations. Within reason it is ok, but keep in mind keeping on topic of the thread for the most part.

* Banned members
Reasons for banning are not disclosed by staff, with respect to all parties involved. Nor is this a topic up for discussion publicly on the board.

*Embedding video's or posting pictures
Please take a moment to consider whether embedded video stills or photo's that you're posting will not upset other members of the board. If you think this might be the case, please only post the link, and a warning of what the link contains.

* Rules reminder regarding pictures of the children
Only authorised pictures of the children are allowed to be posted here at MJJC. For example public appearances and pictures they release are fine, paparazzi pictures are not.

* Keeping on topic
Increasingly threads are being derailed off the original topic they were created for. If there is an existing thread open for what is being discussed please take it there, or by all means create a new one.

Thank you for taking the time to read this! Lets keep our home tidy! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
* Posting links
When posting links please provide a brief description of what it is when either starting a thread or just posting one.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS!!!:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Now that all members are reading this, also check out the new MJJC Legacy Project subforum! :D

This will be our base to come together, share ideas, take action, create tributes, give each other tips and do anything to keep Michael's legacy alive. If you don't know what the Legacy Project is, you can read or newsletters and other threads in this section to get more information.

Please feel free to look around in the threads that have been created over the past months, and feel also free to add whatever interesting and important you want to share, with care ofcourse. We are very open for ideas and want to do this together with you all, I repeat, TOGETHER!

There is plenty to research, to learn, to create, to help, and to share!

Just when I reminded everyone to stay on topic. :ninja: Nevermind...

Thanks StaceyMJ We've gotta keep a clean house,Clutter can loom over like a dark cloud. Let's keep the Sun & Moon Glowing. :)

Sounds like good advice!:)
I always try to search for a topic before I add one to try to avoid repeating!
I have a question to ask regarding posting pics of Michael's children. So just to confirm then only pics of them in public appearances are acceptable, but how can we tell which are paparazzi or leaked press ones? Because of being unsure I dont post any......:dont_mention_it:
Better to be safe than sorry!:clapping:

The only public appearances so far have been the memorial and the Grammy appearance. Any leaked photo's from before June aren't allowed, like the Malnik's photo's etc. Pap pics like from karate classes and so on aren't allowed. Hope that makes it a bit clearer. :)

Just when I reminded everyone to stay on topic. :ninja: Nevermind...
Oh I'm sorry, you mean my post? Thought it was good to have a little announcement on the subforum we now have.
So sorry for hijacking your thread... :blush:

Back on topic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back