Details/Casting For HOLD MY HAND Video

Vici

Proud Member
Monday, Nov. 15, 2010, 9:47 PM Pacific
MICHAEL JACKSON - "HOLD MY HAND"
Music Video
NON-UNION

Casting Director: Michael Sanford Irma Vi - Casting Assoc.
Vicky Vi - Casting Asst.
Alisha M - Casting Intern
Interview Dates: Wed.Nov. 17th & Thurs. Nov. 18th
Callback Dates: NA - job will book from tape
Shoot/Start Date: Sat. 11/20. Sun. 11/21, Mon. 11/22 - Talent will work 1 or more days.
Pay Rate: $400.00+10% for Dancers. $100.00+10% Talent/ Real People

SUBMIT ELECTRONICALLY

Special Notes: We're helping Mark Pellington on this very cool upcoming Michael Jackson Video. It is for the song, 'Hold My Hand', being released today and will feature archive footage + special effects + people from all walks of life to celebrate Michael Jackson's legacy. It' really for fans and/or people who want to be a part of this project and/or who want to work with Mark Pellington. We're open to all types - actors, dancers, non actors, real people, family members of talent, friends, etc. but again are very interested in those who are Michael Jackson fans. Please be sure to make all notes where necessary especially when we're looking for very specific categories.Alt email address to send pictures / info for real people:
msanfordcasting@sbcglobal.net

*PLEASE ALSO NOTE: All kids must have valid work permits.

[ 10 HERO DANCERS ]
Principal / Male or Female /All Etninities / 10 professional dancers (not in dancers alliance) ages 15-25.
[ YOUNG CANCER SURVIVOR W/ REAL FAMILY ]
Principal / Female / 20 - 35 /All Ethnicities/ Looking for a young female cancer survivor and her relatives.

[ PRIEST ]
Principal / Male / 25 - 50/ All Ethnicites.

[ YOUNG HERO DANCER ]
Principal / Male / 5 - 9 /African American, Ethnically Ambiguous, Hispanic / A great little dancer a la Michael Jackson. Someone who's not in the dancers alliance and someone who's really inspired by and can move like Michael Jackson.

[ 10 ELEMENTARY SCHOOL KIDS ]
Principal / Male or Female / 5 - 6 / All Ethnicities

[ TEACHER ]
Principal / Female / 25 - 45 / All Ethnicites /Someone who is a real teacher. s.

[ DISABLED PERSON ]
Principal / Male or Female / 25 - 99 / All Ethnicities / Seeking a disabled person with no hands.

[ OLDER REAL COUPLES ]
[late 20's - 40's] - /Principal / Male and Female / Actual couples - late 20's - 40's. All Ethnicities.

[ YOUNG REAL COUPLES ]
[late teens - mid 20's ] Principal / Male or Female. All Ethnicites.

[ HEADPHONE DAD AND SON ]
Principal / Male / All Ethnicities/ A Father (20's-40's) and his real 2 Yr. old Son walking down the street wearing headphones. Please include child's actual age.

[ STREET MAN ]
Principal / Male / 40 - 49 / All Ethnicities.

[ PIANO TEACHER ]
Principal / Female / 30 - 45 / Looking for a real piano teacher.

[ LONER WOMAN ]
Principal / Female / 27 - 32 / African American, Ethnically Ambiguous, Hispanic ethnicities.

[ BAPTISM MOTHER & CHILD ]
Principal. A Mom in her early 20's and her little baby (male or female) being baptized. Again please include real mothers and kids. ALL KIDS MUST HAVE VALID WORK PERMITS

[ CAR ACCIDENT BOY ]
Principal / Male / 17 - 22 / African American, Ethnically Ambiguous, Hispanic

[ 6 SLUMBER GIRLS ]
Principal / Female / 11 - 13 /Principal / Female Caucasian

[ BOY HIDING IN CLOSET ]
Principal / Male / 8 - 9 / African American

[ ALONE BOY/GIRL ]
Principal / Male or Female / 12/ All Ethnicities. Need kids who can really cry on cue.

[ REAL FAMILY ]
A real family - Dad, Mom (20'a-40's) with real kids around 4-6 yrs. old. Please include actual ages of kids and picture of entire family.

[ ELDERLY COUPLE ]
male and female, an actual elderly couple. Ideally in their 70's or 80's and folks who can move well.
All Ethnicities.

[ 2 YR. OLD AND ACTUAL MOTHER ]
Looking for 2 yr old baby and actual mother. All Ethnicities

Re: Details/Castin for HOLD MY HAND video

got a link for this?

got a link for this?

Unfortunately not. A friend e-mailed me this information sicne he thought I would be interested. He is a dancer/actor so his agency sent this out to him.

Ps, a message to the mods. Can u pls put a "G" in Casting in the title? I forgot the G.. lol and the misspelling really disturbs me

Last edited:

bump .

wow Why am i not in the US now ...
:/

[ CAR ACCIDENT BOY ]
Principal / Male / 17 - 22 / African American, Ethnically Ambiguous, Hispanic

This one would fit me, if i was there
im not african american but Bi-Racial

sad... i wont be on it.. but good luck with all the people
who gonna be on this music video
I hope some people from MJJcommunity
will audition for it..

I wanna see who gets the role I would have auditioned for, if i was In Cali

thanks for posting.

Last edited:

Do you know if Akon will be in it?

this is why the single is not being released in the uk or us just yet....video hasnt been recorded yet so they will release togethor maybe?

now this gonna be a real quick deal. If the interview dates are 18/19 Nov... Are they gonna make it till 28th when the single is gonna to be released? :confused:

It's interesting to see that they are casting "real" people.

its sad to think of a MJ video being shot without MJ,,,:(

"Archive footage"

Could this indicate that they have footage of MJ in the studio, recording 'Hold My Hand' and will use it in between the new scenes they're gonna film?

"Archive footage"

Could this indicate that they have footage of MJ in the studio, recording 'Hold My Hand' and will use it in between the new scenes they're gonna film?

maybe they're gonna put the footage MJ smiling while recording Hold My Hand??

Damn it, just left California not so long time ago.

Anyway, I certainly hope that Akon did record Michael
while Michael was in the studio.

Archive Footages hope it is something unseen and recent.
well unseen is most important.

without michael here its a michael video in name only if you ask me but i do like the concept

I sent in my picture to be in it. Fingers crossed. It would be such a dream come true.

Or maybe it will have older MJ footage and him as an angel with angel wings going around giving his blessing and healing all of the sick and handicap people or something maybe simular to Crossroads from Bone Thugs N Harmony or Try sleeping with a broken heart from Alicia Keys which is STILL one of my favorite artists!
I know, It's far fetched and I am dreaming but you know how it is.

Just an idea.

[ YOUNG CANCER SURVIVOR W/ REAL FAMILY ]

Am I the only one who was like "HELL NO!!!!" :puke: the second I read that?! I know it's not gonna be a reference to the Arvizos, but still when I read that it made me feel sick. Other than that the concept sounds nice.

MJ 'Hold My Hand' Video - Starring No-Handed Person

It's the most bizarre casting call we've ever seen -- the people behind Michael Jackson's new music video for "Hold My Hand" are in the market for some incredibly ironic talent ... a person with no hands.

The listing was posted yesterday on an LA casting network -- billed as a "low budget" project -- and among the available roles ... 10 dancers, several real-life couples, a mother and child for a baptism ... and "a disabled person with no hands."

The director Mark Pellington tells TMZ, "The video is a spiritual collage of MJ's legacy told through a visual mosaic exploring the themes of life" -- but based on the name of the song, we can only guess why they'd need someone without the requisite appendages.

We're told they shot Akon's part Monday night -- and according to sources close to the production, a green screen came in mighty handy.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/11/16/micha...y-hand-no-hands-handless-person-casting-call/

Sounds interesting. Thanks for posting.

MJ 'Hold My Hand' Video - Starring No-Handed Person

It's the most bizarre casting call we've ever seen -- the people behind Michael Jackson's new music video for "Hold My Hand" are in the market for some incredibly ironic talent ... a person with no hands.

The listing was posted yesterday on an LA casting network -- billed as a "low budget" project -- and among the available roles ... 10 dancers, several real-life couples, a mother and child for a baptism ... and "a disabled person with no hands."

The director Mark Pellington tells TMZ, "The video is a spiritual collage of MJ's legacy told through a visual mosaic exploring the themes of life" -- but based on the name of the song, we can only guess why they'd need someone without the requisite appendages.

We're told they shot Akon's part Monday night -- and according to sources close to the production, a green screen came in mighty handy.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/11/16/micha...y-hand-no-hands-handless-person-casting-call/

It also says it's low budget:bugeyed M would not want this!

hopfully this is cool

When I read this yesterday, Oh, this may be a good idea but now I'm not sure.

The specific disability asked for... and the name of the song... :S

I thought it was a love song; I dunno ... :scratch:

Wow.. almost just like what I've imagined, young, old people, loners... I love the concept..

And Cry is a beautiful, simple video with a great message. "Heal The World" and "Man In The Mirror" also didn't have Michael in it.

Low budget or not, doesn't matter, like he said. It matters what's being transmitted, and I hope this will be a successful video..

Back