Estate-Sony Cotract 2010-2017

Sephiroth820

Proud Member
So MJ Estate have a contact with Sony which expire by the end of 2017

Someone know how many projects left to finish this deal?
Maybe after that any other label will sign new contact with Estate and we finally hear more post 2005 songs( will.i.am Red One etc).

I'm thinking they're gonna stop with releases for a while. Which is good imo, there's only so much unheard MJ to go around.

This is for the best. Really.

You're right but it kills me!! I need Joy, Stop Throwin' Your Life Away, Willing And Waiting, Angel, Men In Black and all the others...

Even if its only early demos of Liberian Girl (Pyramid Girl) I just need a new song/demo to obsess over. Although the new multitrack's are doing the job

You're right but it kills me!! I need Joy, Stop Throwin' Your Life Away, Willing And Waiting, Angel, Men In Black and all the others...

Even if its only early demos of Liberian Girl (Pyramid Girl) I just need a new song/demo to obsess over. Although the new multitrack's are doing the job

I don't think pyramid girl exists. There's not really any reliable evidence it does. Was brought up on another forum recently and there isn't really.

Last edited:
I want to hear some of his latest songs like this one from Will.I.Am Red One and Neff-U. Everyone said "Shut Up And Dance" its a killer dance track I know its in early stage but want badly to hear what MJ prepare for Us...

Yeah, I think the biggest interest in general is in stuff MJ worked on in the later years of his life

So anyone know how many project left to complete this contract?

Sorry forgot to answer the question

Nobody knows for certain, but my guess would be this Thriller 3D project, coming out later this year, and possibly a home release to go along with it. That would be the end of the current contract, and the end of posthumous MJ releases for the foreseeable future, or at least till the Estate agree an extension with Sony or a new deal with another label. I can't see them going for a collectors label while there is so much useable material left in the vault.

I hope the Estate signs a contract with another label after 2017. Sony have done a poor job of promoting MJ's posthumous releases. Perhaps another record will promote MJ better.

Oh man it really kills me too! I just want to hear and see every litte thing in the vault. I really hope that they turn their attention to MJ's visual art. Short movies & Concerts should be a top priority. I really want to see a great edited Bad Tour in HD. Not just a concert directly transfered from a umatic tape with jumbatrone camera angles. Do you like Justin Timberlake? If you do have you seen his his recently released live concert? That's the type of concert release I want from the estate.

I don't think pyramid girl exists. There's not really any reliable evidence it does. Was brought up on another forum recently and there isn't really.

Maybe it wasn't titled pyramid girl but there is definitely an early version from 83-84. Source - The Unathorized Interview

Oh man it really kills me too! I just want to hear and see every litte thing in the vault. I really hope that they turn their attention to MJ's visual art. Short movies & Concerts should be a top priority. I really want to see a great edited Bad Tour in HD. Not just a concert directly transfered from a umatic tape with jumbatrone camera angles. Do you like Justin Timberlake? If you do have you seen his his recently released live concert? That's the type of concert release I want from the estate.

Maybe it wasn't titled pyramid girl but there is definitely an early version from 83-84. Source - The Unathorized Interview

No I definitely agree a demo exists. It kinda has to haha. Just don't think it's called pyramid girl

Weren't there two releases left? Or was it three?

Thriller 3D is a sure bet. But what else?

No I definitely agree a demo exists. It kinda has to haha. Just don't think it's called pyramid girl

I think it's kinda like the case of Another Part Of Me, there was already a ready version of that song in 85. MJ wrote and recorded versions of Buffalo Bill, Alright Now, Chicago 1945, Dirty Diana, Best Of Joy and Liberian Girl way before Bad. If i may speculate I think some of those songs were intended for Victory.

I think it's kinda like the case of Another Part Of Me, there was already a ready version of that song in 85. MJ wrote and recorded versions of Buffalo Bill, Alright Now, Chicago 1945, Dirty Diana, Best Of Joy and Liberian Girl way before Bad. If i may speculate I think some of those songs were intended for Victory.

He definitely mentions Biffalo Bill in that unauthorised interview in 83/84

Best Of Joy? From MICHAEL album?

Yeah, he recorded a few versions of that song over the years.

For the Bad album? With full vocals? Why did they use 2008 vocals for the MICHAEL album version? Where did you found that info? Can you please give me some more info or a source where can I read more about that?

For the Bad album? With full vocals? Why did they use 2008 vocals for the MICHAEL album version? Where did you found that info? Can you please give me some more info or a source where can I read more about that?

Yes some people have heard an earlier version of Best of joy and the earliest demo dates back to 81-82, (I think). It went under the name "Toy" and was suppose to be in the Richard Pryor movie of the same name. One of MJ collaborators has corroborated this. Can't remember which one though.

Really, Best of Joy is from the mid 80s? I thought it was from 2008. I absolutely adore that song and would love to hear the Bad era version of it.

I think the info was posted on some private Facebook group a while ago. As for them using the 2008 version, it was probably because it was one of the last things he recorded.

Oh wow. Clearly MJ was fond of the song hence why he was still working on it in late 2008.

Yeah, is quite fascinating. Same thing with Messin Round, first demoed for Thriller and worked on for every subsequent album after that all the way up to 2008

Yeah, is quite fascinating. Same thing with Messin Round, first demoed for Thriller and worked on for every subsequent album after that all the way up to 2008

I love Messin Round as well. If I'm not wrong, the version released on Bad 25 is the Bad era version and that there is a more complete version still in the vaults? If yes, then I would love to hear it. I love that song.

I love Messin Round as well. If I'm not wrong, the version released on Bad 25 is the Bad era version and that there is a more complete version still in the vaults? If yes, then I would love to hear it. I love that song.

Yes, the Bad 25 version is an early version of the song, it was worked on a few times after that.

Back