MJ Estate versus Melissa Johnson and HTWF /Update: Settlement Enforced - HTWF lost the Appeal

ivy

Proud Member
The amount and the content of the information is so important that I'll open a separate thread for this for the time being and later merge it with our already existing thread.

MJ Estate recently filed a supplement to their complaint listing all the things that Melissa Johnson did in the last few months - including MJ's kids GMA appearance.

Below is a summary of the additional complaint I did after looking over the documents

Note: in the below notes "MJ 91 HTWF" represents the actual Heal the World Foundation MJ formed in 1991.

Let’s see what Melisa Johnson did after the injunction against her to stop using Michael’s name and likeliness until the court case is resolved.

June 2010, she give a interview to local ABC channel saying that HTWF is the same as MJ 91 HTWF and that they act with MJ’s authorization and the estate is vicious and hostile. They post this interview video in youtube and their website. They later remove the videos after a phone call from Estate lawyers.

June , July 2010 she posts 2 videos “Hijacking The Estate” documentary which has unsupported claims of a cover up and conspiracy by the estate executors.

Johnson get in contact with people who are openly against the estate and executors (with false attacks) and through this people they get Joe and Katherine to “board of directors” and “elect” MJ’s kids to “Youth board of advisors”. (Estate learns this in December 2010)

Katherine and Joe was never a board of director at MJ 91 HTWF. MJ 91 HTWF rules says that in the case of MJ’s death his representatives get in charge – which means Branca and McClain.

September 2010, Johnson holds a board of director meeting to “reorganize and elect board of directors for MJ 91 HTWF according to MJ’s wishes in 2005” (see below for MJ’s supposed 2005 wishes)

In SEPTEMBER 2010, Brian Oxman sends a letter to Melissa Johnson saying that “This letter will confirm that in February, 2005, Mr. Michael Jackson instructed me to inform you that he approved of your proposals regarding Heal the World Foundation and requested that you act on behalf of the Foundation to preserve and protect it and its trademarks. Mr. Jackson instructed me to inform you to keep the Foundation active, work on behalf of the Foundation to promote its purposes and goals, run the Foundation’s operations, and revive its corporate status”

Estate tries to call Oxman for a deposition but he doesn’t show or arrange a meeting time. Currently estate is seeking a court order for deposition of Oxman or removal of his testimony from the trial.

Estate also claims that Oxman wasn’t MJ’s lawyer (he is the lawyer of Joe that’s against the estate), argues that letter is self-serving, it’s best hearsay and they didn’t authorize Oxman to speak on their behalf. Plus they say that letter is legally insufficient to give any rights to Melissa Johnson.

In this September 2010 meeting Melissa claims she’s authorized by MJ, she’s working as interim director and decide to revive the MJ 91 HTWF and shorten the name from “heal the world foundation” to “HTWF”. (Note : Johnson was never a part of MJ 91 HTWF)

Next day they file “Certificate of Amendment of Articles of Incorporation” with California Secretary of State to change the name to HTWF.

Still in September 2010, Johnson contact IRS (Internal Revenue Service) and falsely representing that she’s a representative of MJ 91 HTWF asks for MJ 91 HTWF tax records.

In Fall 2010, Johnson again falsely representing her relationship files with Franchise Tax Board that they want to revive MJ 91 HTWF which is suspended.

On November 1, 2010 Mann enters into a license agreement with Melissa Johnson HTWF because he plans to use the MJ trademarks (heal the world, gone to soon, king of pop, Michael Jackson etc) she owns in the sale of some products.

Mann agrees to pay Melisa Johnson’s debt of $92,578 plus $38,000 of legal fees to a total of $130,642.

Melissa Johnson in her deposition says that Joe and Katherine’s manager Lowell Henry is the one got them hooked up with Howard Mann after July 2010.

November 2010, Johnson has another board of directors meeting in which they agree to merge MJ 91 HTWF with their 2008 HTWF.

December 2010, Mann holds “Unveiling of the Jackson Secret Vault Lithographic event” and Johnson who is a partner of Mann gets a part of the sales.

December 2010 Franchise Tax Board which is fooled by Melissa Johnson’s misrepresentation as MJ’s representative revives MJ 91 HTWF.

With this Johnson files plan of merger (merging 91 HTWF with 2008 HTWF) with Secretary of State.

As a result of this all the current public information falsely shows that MJ 91 HTWF is revived and surviving (2008 HTWF is merged into it) and that Melissa Johnson is an officer and director of MJ 91 HTWF.

Estate claims that this is intentional fraudulent activity to fool general public and support their claims in the lawsuit (deception of government agencies as well) that their 2008 HTWF is a part of MJ 91 HTWF.

Estate learns about this fraudulent unlawful scheme in January 2011.
January 2011 Johnson speaks to X17online saying that her charity is supported by Jacksons.

February 2011 Johnson and Mann appears on GMA gives a check to charity from HTWF. Estate says with the help of Mann she enlisted the help of Katherine and MJ’s kids in her effort to deceive public.

All of the above still continues to confuse the public even more so recently that the charity is related to MJ.

MJ Estate is now also asking for the correction of the false public records (California Secreatry of State, California Franchise Tax Board, California Attorney General’s Office and International Revenue Service).

Note: Estate tried to come to a settlement with her but they couldn’t succeed.

Ps: Melissa Johnson says that her communication with MJ about the charity was done through Oxman at 2004-2005 and Van Alexander (part of Bain Associates) through 2006 -2009.

She says Oxman authorized her to
- Do whatever to preserve HTWF
- Use MJ’s name and picture on the HTWF websites
- Sell MJ related merchandise
- Acquire charitable intellectual property

She says Van Alexander said her that
- MJ never planned to be involved in day to day actions of the charity
- There’s a turmoil in Jackson camp and it wouldn’t be best for the charity to be in MJ’s name. She’s told to do whatever she can do on her own.
- MJ would endorse the charity even though it was in her name.

Re: Update: MJ Estate files supplement to their complaint against Melissa Johnson and HTWF

Awtch I already thought I posted the update in the wrong topic.
I posted it here this afternoon, sorry Ivy.

Re: Update: MJ Estate files supplement to their complaint against Melissa Johnson and HTWF

Oxman and Van Alexander? :slap:

Lesliehu also got a summary. All of the below is Leslie's blog posts on her website

The recent updates in the above titled case:

- The MJ Estate filed a supplement with more allegations against Johnson. Amongst others they claim that Johnson contacted Jackson family members for supporting the fake Heal The World Foundation. Some family members even have been appointed as board members for HTWF.

- The MJ Estate claims that Johnson lied to many of the authorities, fraudently revived MJ's original HTWF saying that she has been asked by MJ to do so (according to the papers the foundation has been suspended due to non-payment of fees). Then she merged MJ's foundation with her fake one and appointed herself as the president of the survival foundation.

- The MJ Estate claims that on or around July, 2010 Johnson contacted someone around the family, and through him was able to reach Katherine and Joe Jackson, as well MJ's kids. They all have been involved with the fake foundation.

- Johnson's claims are relaying on a letter from Brian Oxman recollecting a conversation from 2005 saying: "This letter will confirm that in February, 2005, Mr. Michael Jackson instructed me to inform you that he approved of your proposals regarding Heal the World Foundation and requested that you act on behalf of the Foundation to preserve and protect it and its trademarks. Mr. Jackson instructed me to inform you to keep the Foundation active, work on behalf of the Foundation to promote its purposes and goals, run the Foundation’s operations, and revive its corporate status.”
The problem is that Oxman wasn't MJ's attorney (represented Joe at the time), and the letter itself didn't empower Johnson to take over HTWF.

- In December, 2010 Johnson entered into a licencing agreement with Mann despite the court order that prohibited her from using anything related to MJ. Even her agreement with Mann said that the two won't do anything until the case will be closed down. Opposite to this Mann organised an event in December where he mentioned HTWF as well used MJ's name, and did so continually since then together with Johnson.

- The MJ Estate claimed that Johnson and Mann continually misled the public in the appearances and interviews.

- Johnson claims in her deposition that MJ appointed her as a director of HTWF, but she never saw the actual document of this.

- All the above mentioned claims can be proved through various depositions from the past 2 months.

- A tidbit: In it's first 3 years MJ spent $21 million through HTWF.

- On March 1, 2011 John Branca and Melissa Johnson sat down to settle the case, unsuccessfully. It means that the case will go on trial most likely.

- In a new deposition Johnson describes the story of getting in touch with the Jacksons. She claims that Katherine and Joe's manager, Henry Lowell reached out to her, started the discussions and finally introduced her to Mann.

- Johnson organised a meeting about HTWF on November 19, 2010. She got Katherine and Joe there and they decided on to merge Johnson's fake charity, and MJ's real foundation that she took over fraudently. As well they agreed on include Katherine and Joe in the board of directors. On the very same meeting they agreed on the HTWF and Vintage Pop licensing agreement.

In my opinion Johnson once might have been a great fan of MJ. But over the years something went wrong. Bothering MJ's team with expired domain names tells a lot, but that was just the beginning, and now we can see that her mental conditions dropped even more. Because of her colorful imagination she feels entitled to committing frauds and misleading people. The questions is, how big part of her motivation comes from financial issues?
If her case goes on trial, it will break down immediaetly. This whole circus is just about the American justice system, where the MJ Estate has to fight against these cases as well.

Awtch I already thought I posted the update in the wrong topic.
I posted it here this afternoon, sorry Ivy.

thank you. this is an additional summary I did and I also posted that summary in this thread. Like I said I'll keep this separate for the time being.

Oxman and Van Alexander? :slap:

as fas as I know Van Alexander denies the claims. Oxman is another story.

Regardless unless they can show anything that's signed by Michael, it will at best be hearsay.

oxman! need i say more.

Ivy, do you think what Oxman has done is punishable by the bar in Cali?

Ivy, do you think what Oxman has done is punishable by the bar in Cali?

Do I personally think he's lying? Yes I do. I think that he's "creating" this kind of stuff of "Michael said / Michael did" in several lawsuits. (Remember his affidavit saying that Michael gave Joe money)

Could it be proven? It's 50-50. It's a he said - she said kind of thing.

That aside Johnson has been lying to several federal and state government agencies. That's a separate fraud.

Wow. Melissa Johnson sounds like a nut case. Is that even her real name??? :doh:

oxman! need i say more.

Right. Oxman, AGAIN. He certainly was NOT "representing Michael." Hard to prove that he's lying, though, but I doubt there's anything in writing from MICHAEL authorizing this.

Oxman makes me feel like hauling out all my "attorney jokes!" (I'll control myself about that, though. LOL)

Wow, I just hope the children can get to the bottom of this themselves one day. And eventually realize that they're the proverbial "blood in the water" and are just surrounded by sharks, who not surprisingly has found it easy to manipulate certain members of the family to aide their illegal acts of fraud.

What is it with Oxman! Whats wrong with that man! Damn, he never stops trying to ride Mike's back Urggggg he's so annoying, what sort of person is that.

What is it with Oxman! Whats wrong with that man! Damn, he never stops trying to ride Mike's back Urggggg he's so annoying, what sort of person is that.
he is a pain in the ass that is what Oxman is...he doesnt know when to shut his mouth and when to mind his own business..thats the problem. I HIGHLY doubt that there is anything at all with Michael's signature on it that will give Melissa permission to do anything at all with that HTW foundation. Just more parasites thats all they are..and eventually..they too will go away...why people continue to act crazy and spread false stuff is beyond me.

Last edited:
Oxman is saying what the Jacksons want him to say...they care alot about their image but MJ's image is not important and Oxman can feel free to say whatever he wants against MJ as long as he can get them money :

Read this please !

August 31, 2009

Music legend and upcoming “Drop Dead Diva” guest star Liza Minnelli opens up about her late friend Michael Jackson, who she says did “more good than anybody will ever know.”

“I had good luck,” Liza says, comparing her life to the late King of Pop. “I had good friends. I had great parents, and I did not have people using me every second of my life. … I did not have people looking at me as a commodity without somebody else there to say, ‘Don’t treat her like that.’”

Liza said of her friend Michael, “Think about it, that kid did more good for people than anybody will ever know, and all of his friends know it.”

Oxman is saying what the Jacksons want him to say...they care alot about their image but MJ's image is not important and Oxman can feel free to say whatever he wants against MJ as long as he can get them money :

Read this please !
thank you for posting that ohood...I had not seen that before....she truly was a great friend to Michael and had his back. That is the kind of stuff that NEEDS to be highly reported about..but no..all we keep hearing is trash .

This is getting good. The estate means business now. I am so glad. They need to get those leeches. Go estate!

so Katherine and Joe approached her first, those people make me sick , Katherine especially what else does she need ? Greedy is no more strong enough to describe Katherine and Joe.

so Katherine and Joe approached her first, those people make me sick , Katherine especially what else does she need ? Greedy is no more strong enough to describe Katherine and Joe.

According to Melissa Johnson, Kat and Joe's mgr got them hooked up with Mann who of course is partner's with Katherine and again going against the estate with the coffee table book, but I digress.

I agree with you about both Joe and Katherine (I used to give her the benefit of the doubt but no more). They are greedy, greedy, using their own son to go against Michael's own wishes. By now they should understand and get it through their greedy heads that the ESTATE IS MICHAEL JACKSON. They need to get over the fact the Michael did NOT want them near his financial and intellectual business, and Michael was soooo wise in doing so. Urggg this Jackson gang drive me wild in a very bad way!

I love how the Estate is showing that they are a powerful entity. I applaud their actions here, and we should post this in the family thread on the interview, because for the people who see grandma's actions as appropriate.

Now Oxman appears to see himself as Michael's attorney. Was he this vocal when Michael was alive?

yes he was very vocal , he said that MJ sent him to bring the "BOUGHT " Blanket from a clinic two days after his birth lol, he also claimed Katherine told him she knew how a Jackson looks like and Blanket is no way a Jackson looooool . It is no secret that Oxman was not MJ's lawyer at that time , and only when Randy was put incharge he came on board which was in 2003.

yes he was very vocal , he said that MJ sent him to bring the "BOUGHT " Blanket from a clinic two days after his birth lol, he also claimed Katherine told him she knew how a Jackson looks like and Blanket is no way a Jackson looooool . It is no secret that Oxman was not MJ's lawyer at that time , and only when Randy was put incharge he came on board which was in 2003.

^^Thank you, so he was always a loud mouth. Yes I remember the part about Blanket. If what Katherine said was true, I hope Blanket never finds out she said that. He looks so much like Michael, even the way he tilts his head.

The Estate has so much to do, and it is good to see them deal with Oxman here.

^^Thank you, so he was always a loud mouth. Yes I remember the part about Blanket. If what Katherine said was true, I hope Blanket never finds out she said that. He looks so much like Michael, even the way he tilts his head.

The Estate has so much to do, and it is good to see them deal with Oxman here.
I know poor Blanket. I hope he never hears that either. That child is the spitting image of Michael...its amazing. Oxman and Katherine BOTH need to hush.

Last edited:

I am glad there is a supplement to the complaint. It means the Estate is keeping an eye on Johnson's activities. I would like to hope that the Estate also got some comments from us as well. I want Johnson and Oxman to continue giving the Estate ammunition to hang themselves. By the way, let us be alert to see if we can find Oxman for the Estate. It seems they are looking for him. I want to see the headlines Fans Find Oxman For Estate.

I am glad there is a supplement to the complaint. It means the Estate is keeping an eye on Johnson's activities. I would like to hope that the Estate also got some comments from us as well. I want Johnson and Oxman to continue giving the Estate ammunition to hang themselves. By the way, let us be alert to see if we can find Oxman for the Estate. It seems they are looking for him. I want to see the headlines Fans Find Oxman For Estate.

really??...I wonder where he disappeared to....usually he is right infront of the camera running his mouthful of nonsense.

:)

I don't think he has disappeared. Both Oxman and Mann is trying to avoid the depositions by not arranging a time and/or not showing up for the time arranged and not responding to communication from Estate lawyers. It's more like avoiding it.

This may be a blessing all the crooks in the same line and then take them down one by one.
All those shady people in the same bed, something got to give,
Can you imagine if they had a hand in mj estate,

This may be a blessing all the crooks in the same line and then take them down one by one.
All those shady people in the same bed, something got to give,
Can you imagine if they had a hand in mj estate,

Good grief, perish the thought? Yes it is good the crooks are connected. Hopefully their days of misuse and abuse of Michael Jackson will be soon over.

Oxman epitomises the word leech. I have no time for such crap from him. I don't understand the people that fawn at his every word. Michael had nothing to do with him for years, what on earth is he going to know.

WOW!!! Never heard this.
Did Oxman say that. I can't belive this.
It's ridiculous. I hope he made up this story. Poor Blanket.
Blanket just like identical twin to MJ.
He actually looks more like MJ than Prince.

Back