Today in Michael Jackson History January 19th

qbee

Proud Member

Today in Michael Jackson History January 19th

HISTORICAL DATES

- The first new episode, of The Jacksons CBS-TV variety co-starring Redd Foxx, was broadcast on January 19, 1977. Eight Episodes were taped and broadcast in early 1977, but unfortunately after that the variety show genre had burned itself out, and the show was canceled alongside its counter parts.

1980 - "Rock With You" become's Off The Wall's album's second #1 single, reaching the top of the pop singles chart the week of January 19, 1980 and remaining there for four weeks. Rock With You was also the album's second single to reach #1 position on the black singles chart.

1993 - Michael Jackson performs "Gone To Soon" and "Heal The World "at the 52nd Presidential Inaugural Gala held in Washington, DC. for President Clinton. Michael walked through the crowd to the stage dressed in black pants and a red military style shirt, with his hair pulled back in a ponytail. He first addressed the very soon to be President on the need for continued and increased funding for AIDS research. Then he speaks about his friend Ryan White, who was diagnosed with the AIDS virus when he was only 11 and died shortly after turning 18. Michael then dedicates and sings his anthem "Gone to soon" for his friend Ryan White, his voice cracking with emotion at the last lines. Several children then joined Michael on stage for his song "Heal the World", which he dedicated to "All the children of the world".

2002 - Michael Jackson receives the Award for 'Best International Male Singer' at the NRJ Awards which took place in Cannes, France. He did not attend the Award show. The NRJ Music Awards, created in 2000 by the radio station NRJ in partnership with the television network TF1 takes place every year in mid-January at Cannes (PACA, France) They give out awards to popular musicians by different categories. In 2008 Michael Jackson was awarded the NRJ Award of Honor. It was there that he annouced that there was much more to see of Michael Jackson and that he was working on songs for his Thriller 25th Anniversary Album.

PICTURE OF THE DAY

30lglc3.jpg

Michael Jackson with Hillary, Chelsea, Bill Clinton & Stevie Nicks at Presidential Gala

SONG OF THE DAY

Rock With You -
Diana Ross Special 1981

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64Nx0ZR5XK8

VIDEO OF THE DAY

Michael Jackson - Gone Too Soon & Heal The World (52nd Presidential Gala)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk0u8M_9F4Y

Short Skit with Redd Foxx on The Jacksons Variety Show :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liuExXdE05Q

QUOTE OF THE DAY

" when I was little I used to stay with Diana Ross,
me and my brothers stayed with her for years and
I never said, but I always had a crush on her."

~ Michael Jackson

* You might also enjoy ~ On This Day In MJ History, Monthly Calendar 2013 / Legacy Project forum
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...y-In-Michael-Jackson-History-MJ-Calendar-2013

* Your support and comments are greatly appreciated. Please feel free to contribute to this thread
by commenting, adding pictures, videos or any other information related to this day in MJ History.

Great! Love the way he ran into that hug with Diana--it was pure love & anticipation. I just realized how his white suite, glitter & high water pants prefigured Thriller. I love the black glitter socks too. Anyone notice Diana was grooving to the song on the balcony?

Gone to soon always make me feel sad, which is a pity because it is a beautiful song.

I think Bill Clinton liked Michael. I think he saw the person that Michael was. I hope.

When the President of the United states the Guest of Honor, and the Audience gives Michael a standing ovation before he perform that was a poweful statement.

I think Bill Clinton liked Michael. I think he saw the person that Michael was. I hope.
I hope so too..at least it seems like he did. Who couldn't anyway? those who don't are missing something. Anyway, thanks again qbee it's always fun to read these facts. :D

There are many pictures when Michael is letting Clinton meet Blanket as a newborn and the other children :) I think they're friends or at least acquaintance. Or how it's spelled or said.

Bill Clinton Remembers Michael Jackson
http://theurbandaily.com/275097/bill-clinton-remembers-michael-jackson/

Jul 8, 2009

610x1.jpg

Bill Clinton took time away from his aid mission to Haiti on Tuesday to remember Michael Jackson, and recall a time when he helped to bail out the Democratic Party at a crucial time.

The former U.S. president, now a special U.N. envoy to Haiti, recalled Jackson’s performance at a 2002 fundraiser at New York’s Apollo Theater.

“He basically helped save my party from terrible financial distress, so he was very kind to me personally,” Clinton said during a stop on his tour of a still-struggling northern Haiti.

Clinton spoke fondly of Jackson, recalling that the singer performed at his first inauguration in 1993. He also said Jackson had struggled with the burden of early fame.

“He was an immensely gifted man and I think he basically meant well,” Clinton told The Associated Press. “I know about all the trouble he had in his life and I hope he will be remembered for his contribution as an artist. I hope his children turn out well. That would be the greatest tribute you could have.”

bill-clinton-prince-jackson-michael-jackson-splash-658870673.jpg

2002 Blonde hair neatly combed and wearing a natty waistcoat, Michael Jackson’s son Prince poses hand in hand with a smiling Bill Clinton.The King of Pop’s eldest child was just a toddler when he got to meet the former US President at a Democratic party fund-raiser in New York.

jackson-and-clinton-pic-splash-827456250.jpg

2002 Jackson, watched by wide-eyed daughter Paris, also made sure baby Blanket got an official introduction – gingerly handing him over to the politician who was once the most powerful man in the world.

Oh those pictures with Bill are treasures. Look how Paris is looking as though saying, "be careful with Blanket."

Back