"Privacy" -- Bernard Bell in the credits?

kreen

Proud Member
Going over the Invincible credits, I noticed that Bernard Bell is listed as one of the writers for "Privacy", alongside MJ and the Darkchild team. He is not listed for any other song, and as far as I know, didn't work with MJ on Invincible. So could it indicate that "Privacy" is an older song, maybe dating back to the Dangerous years, when MJ did work with Bernard Bell? Anybody has any info on that?

I don't think so. I think the song was written for the Invincible album. Bernard Belle is notable for his partnership with producer Teddy Riley. And Teddy worked closely with MJ on Invincible. Probably Teddy introduced an early version of the song to Michael, Michael liked it, wrote lyrics and worked on the production with Darkchild. That's my opinion.

Doubt it, especially with the Princess Diana accident reference in the song. And as you might know, she died in '97.

By the way, Diana died in August, not "on a cold winter night"? What do you think is the deal with that?

I think he was referring to his strip search. It happened in December 93 as you know.

No it's clearly a reference to Princess Diana as the lyrics go:

Some of you still wonder why, one of my friends had to die
To get a message across, that yet you haven't heard
My friend was chased and confused, like many others I knew
But on that cold winter night, my pride was snatched away

Back