Motown 25: What's your favourite part?

innuendo141

Proud Member
Country
Ireland
OK we can take Michael and the brothers as red, ok? So, those guys aside, what was your highlight/lowlight of the show? Im watching it now hence the topic.

The Four Tops v The Temptations is just phenomemal. The chemistry between the 2 groups is something fierce. Levi Stubbs is just... on fire.

Low point: Diana, Mary and Cindy really blew it. The whole show geared towards them and we never got the reunion the world wanted. They were so so close. Dianas career wasnt exactly great at that point, it could have re-launched her. No medley and a dishevelled Someday We'll Be Together. To me one of musics great tragedies. They were so so close to a perfect epitaph.

I liked the bit where the young black man walked backwards.

Need to watch it all again as I'm much a bigger Motown fan now than when I first saw it.

I liked the bit where the young black man walked backwards.

Need to watch it all again as I'm much a bigger Motown fan now than when I first saw it.
It's as enfuriating as it is good. No mention of Flo Bollard or the Funk Brothers. The very essence of Motown was ignored. BUT in saying that, you should give it another viewing, because Stevie, Marvin, Smokey- Theyre all on fire.

Speaking of that young black man, no matter how many times I watch that little performance of Billie Jean it never in my 30 years has gotten the slightest bit old. Isnt that lovely.

Someday We'll Be Together kinda flattened the mood after it though.

Back