Best of Joy - Official Discussion Thread

Love this song.

These lyrics are from the booklet..

(The bolded lines sound like Janet Jackson..)

I am your joy
Your best of joy

I am the moon light
You are the spring
Our love’s a sacred thing

You know I always will love you

I am forever

I am the one who came
When you fell down

I was the only one around (The only one)
When things would hurt you
I am forever
Wasn’t it I who said that you were free?

When living seemed so hard to be

I am forever (I am forever)

We are forever (We are forever)

I am your friend
Through thick and thin
We need each other
We’ll never part
Our love is from the heart

We never say I don’t need you

We are forever

I am the one who said that you were free
When living seemed so hard to be
(The only one)
And nothing would cheer you

I am forever
Wasn’t it I who carried you around?

When all the walls came tumbling down

I am forever (I am forever)
We are forever (We are forever)

You are the sun that lights up the sky
When things are shady

Let come what may we do get by
I was the only one around (The only one)

We are forever (I am forever)
We are forever (I am forever)

We are forever
We are forever
We are forever
We are forever

I am forever
I am forever
We are forever
We are forever
I am forever
I am forever

Re: "Best of Joy" Thread

Im sorry if this has been posted before. I scanned the thread quickly but didnt see what Im about to post.

I found this on twitter now. Its apparantly his handwritten lyrics to 'Best of Joy'.. it sures look like his handwriting, right? It wasnt included in the album booklet at all and I dont know who the person that posted it on twitter is and how she/he found it.
Source: http://twitpic.com/photos/SeeingClues

What do you think?
bestofyouj.jpg

When he says "You are the spring" - the way he says "spring" and "from the heart" - like a 5 year old boy, just beyond adorable and honest, can't stop listening to this song , one of the best songs!

When he says "You are the spring" - the way he says "spring" and "from the heart" - like a 5 year old boy, just beyond adorable and honest, can't stop listening to this song , one of the best songs!

Michael pronounces words with a Midwestern accent. Sort of like on "Speechless", instead of saying 'feel', he pronounces it as "fill". And yes, it's very cute.

EDIT: And I know this because I myself am from the Midwest and have had to learn how to control my accent, once I moved to California. Got made fun of all the time.

Last edited:

awww...SO true! I just love the way he sings the song....He makes me melt when he sings 'We need each other...'...his voice is like butter...just sends me to heaven :heart:

Im sorry if this has been posted before. I scanned the thread quickly but didnt see what Im about to post.

I found this on twitter now. Its apparantly his handwritten lyrics to 'Best of Joy'.. it sures look like his handwriting, right? It wasnt included in the album booklet at all and I dont know who the person that posted it on twitter is and how she/he found it.

What do you think?
bestofyouj.jpg

thanx alot, never seen this before !

I think my second favourite song on the album after HT!

Veeery good :yes:

I have no words for this song,it is really a glimpse of the material Michael was working for his new album,imo,only this one and Hold my Hand would have been included by Michael himself in his new album.

I love this song so much. So bittersweet. Makes me smile and cry at the same time.
Michael, you are forever. Thank you for this incredible song!!

What do you think?
bestofyouj.jpg
:wub:

I can not stop listening to this song... >>> :girl_in_love:

It is a sweet song. There is something about it that takes me back to when I was younger. This may sound weird but it's almost like Michael is talking to us. When he says "I am forever and love in our hearts etc". It gives me some comfort if that makes sense. If this was something he was working on before he died then it is even more special. That's how I feel.

awww...SO true! I just love the way he sings the song....He makes me melt when he sings 'We need each other...'...his voice is like butter...just sends me to heaven :heart:

oh how nicely said! :)

Best Of Joy Unofficial Music Video (Help Needed)

I need help in my upcoming project: Best Of Joy Unofficial Music Video. I need MJJC/Michael Jackson fan members to:
- Film themselves singing Best Of Joy with emotions (Group (5-10 people) and Individual singing needed)
- Film themselves dancing to Best Of Joy (MJ costumes are optional)
- shoot himself/herself walking on a empty beach in the sunset wearing a MJ costume.

Note:
- Any race and gender is eligible.
- Would be great if people from all around the four continents participate.

When you have film them, upload them on MegaUpload/Mediafire/ZShare only and PM me the link. They must be in HD and Widescreen Format.

Last edited:
Re: Breaking News Unofficial Music Video (Help Needed)

of all songs to choose...

Personally, i think as a tribute 2 michael we should do "best of joy" but how about you listen 2 all the songs and come up with your concept since it is your video. ^_^ i dont want 2 impose.

I'll listen to all the songs in the album then I re-choose. But for now, Breaking News it is.

Breaking News is a great song. but I agree for a fan tribute, Best of Joy would be the best choice, cause this song is like a duet between Michael and the fans :)

Re: Best Of Joy Unofficial Music Video (Help Needed)

Good luck on this. I always think that Michael would have done an one-shot video of "Best Of Joy" where he walks on a empty beach in the sunset.

I've mentioned it on another thread already:
When I listen to BOJ I always think Michael would have done an one-shot video of it where he walks on an empty beach in the sunset. I think this would have been great! Simple and beautiful.

That's nice, really, really nice.

I purchased the album a couple of days ago and it was quite an adventure. Quite interestin' to see the album being shipped to stores. I've always been fascinated by the behind of scenes stuff. One day i'll have to visit a CD factory to see the full process, not to mention a music studio and see the pros at work lettin' inspiration get the best of them.

Having said that, i haven't listened to the album yet and quite frankly i don't know if and when i will. All that matters is that i did the buyin', right? Sony and the estate should be proud of me - i've done my part as a little soldier in the 'army of love', who cares if i haven't heard the songs? Millions of people have and will, what does it matter if one little completely and utterly irrelevant soul hasn't? I am glad you are all enjoying the song though, that's very, very nice.

Even if i haven't heard the tracks, i am completely sure that the mixing done by Mr. ?erban Ghenea on both tracks 4 & 6 is beyond perfect.

What a great track!
I really love it, it makes me happy when I hear it.
I think that it will enter into one of MJ's classics.

Breaking News is a great song. but I agree for a fan tribute, Best of Joy would be the best choice, cause this song is like a duet between Michael and the fans :)

I agree Breaking News is a great song, but Best of Joy would be a great tribute to Michael- it is ethereal and eternal- just beautiful. "
"We are forever, I am forever" It's as if he is talking about us and vice versa.

I just love best of joy - probably my favorit on the album

Back