MJ legal seminar in Sept: Mesereau, Feldman, Melville, Zonan amongst speakers

honeysucklejasmine

Proud Member
FROZEN IN TIME: A Riveting Behind-the-Scenes View of the Michael Jackson Cases

09/15/2010

Presented by: Senior Lawyers Division

Co-Sponsored by: Criminal Justice Section

Program Information:
A fascinating historical and legal analysis of the Michael Jackson civil and criminal cases will be provided by the participants.

The judge, Honorable Rodney Melville (Retired); the prosecutor, Deputy District Attorney Ronald Zonen; defense attorney Thomas A. Mesereau, Jr. who represented Jackson in the Santa Barbara criminal trial; attorney Larry Feldman who represented the alleged victim in the civil case; attorney Carl E. Douglas who represented Jackson in the criminal investigation of the civil case; and moderator Seth Hufstedler will offer insights into these highly publicized and very unique examples of California celebrity cases.

Speakers:
Carl E. Douglas, The Douglas Law Group
Larry R. Feldman, Kaye Scholer LLP
Seth M. Hufstedler, Morrison & Foerster LLP
Hon. Rodney Melville (Retired)
Thomas A. Mesereau Jr., Mesereau & Yu LLP
Ronald J. Zonen, Santa Barbara Deputy District Attorney

1055 West 7th Street, 27th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017

Room: La Fig: La Brea/La Cienega/Figueroa Conference Room

Parking:
1055 W. 7th Street: $5 with validation (entering after 5:00 p.m.);
$10 with valication (entering before 5:00 p.m.)

Times:
Meal/Reception: 5:30 p.m.
Program: 6:00 - 9:30 p.m.
Prices:
Law Students with meal $35.00
CLE+Plus Members with meal $55.00
Law Faculty with meal $65.00
Senior Lawyers Division Members with meal $75.00
Barristers with meal $75.00
Judges with meal $85.00
Government Attorneys with meal $85.00
Legal Service Attorneys with meal $85.00
Criminal Justice Section Members with meal $85.00
Litigation Section Members with meal $85.00
At the Door with meal $90.00
LACBA Members with meal $110.00
All Others with meal $150.00

3.25 hrs CLE credit

Registration Code: 010981

Space is limited. Advance payment required to guarantee seating. Attendees must arrive within the registration period. If this program does not state that it is sold out, please feel free to register at the door. 48-hours (2 business days) cancellation notice required.

The LACBA Online Event Registration System will not allow multiple registrations (e.g. one person registering multiple people), although one person may register him or herself for multiple events.

For assistance with multiple registrations or if you wish to register by Phone with Visa, MasterCard or American Express please call our Member Services Department at (213) 896-6560 Mon-Fri, 9 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.

For questions about programs or program registration, send e-mail to our Member Service Department: msd@lacba.org

The Los Angeles County Bar Association is a State Bar of California MCLE approved provider. If this is a CLE event, the Los Angeles County Bar Association certifies that this activity has been approved for MCLE credit. CLE events will state the amount and type of credit offered in the calendar listing.

Event Start Date: 09/15/2010 Time: 06:00 PM
Event End Date: 09/15/2010 Time: 09:30 PM

http://calendar.lacba.org/Calendar/index.cfm?fuseaction=ViewCalendarEvent&CalendarEventID=3276

Last edited:
Why would Mesereau want to participate in this farce with those evil devils? Feldman and Zonan should rot in hell... They are a big factor as to why MJ is no longer here. I really hope Mesereau calls them out on their obvious witchhunt and the lies they fostered. He seriously needs to call Zonan out for believing obvious liars like Arvizo and her horrible spawn

I don't understand why things like this is being brought up again.

I don't understand why things like this is being brought up again.

cashing in on the MJ brand I guess.. what a bunch of losers. I am shocked T Mez is participating in this farce.. They should be discussing why Murray isn't facing murder charges.

Am I the only one who think they will not let T-mez speek? Feels like they will let everyone else talk but he will never get to finish or answer.
Man I wish some fans could be there to make sure if that happens it will be known that that's what they are doing.

Fans CAN be there. Isn't the general public invited to go? If so, fans (who live in that area) should make sure they are there.

I'm hoping T Mesereau's reason for taking part is to make sure that the others stick to what really happened. I would rather see him participate than allow for this event to take place for the sole purpose of rehashing the past. I myself would like to attend in order to hear the information provided in the seminar however being from the uk and not having a holiday booked to LA it is near impossible just for this event. I am really hoping that fans from nearby areas who want to go can attend and report back to us. All the best to Mesereau for getting a word in edge ways with those cronies. It would be good to see fans cheer him on but maybe thats inappropriate behaviour for a seminar lol

Wow, if only I were in LA I'd definitely get there.
Very interesting!
I hope fans from MJJC attend and report back to us. I know some of us here are legal eagles, so it would be awesome if they attended.

Perhaps we should let MJFSC fans know about this, if they already don't.

tbh everyone of them is promoting themselves that is why this is being brought up again. and the cashing in continues even 1 year after, same game different players. smdh

I think this should be very interesting. I don't think Tom's ever discussed the case at a seminar with the judge and someone out of the prosecution before. Good on him for daring to be there to tell the truth about the case. Sneddon obviously backed out, that coward.
Wish we could watch this somehow.

I believe this is for the benefit of the legal students (CLE- continuing legal education) and other legal professionals.

In law / court setting a lot of things depend on the legal antecedents. It's a tool to learn.

I believe that Mesereau knows exactly what he's doing. This is
a seminar mainly for attorneys and law students and the interest
will be high, because it's Michael, and because of the pending Murray
trial. I will do my best to be there. I think it's important to hear it
first hand--there will mostly likely be media representatives and we
all know how that goes when it comes to MJ.

Thomas Messereau is a wonderful lawyer and hope that his participation here is so students cannot be lambasted by the lies of Feldman and co. Here's hoping that T-Mez anihilates them.

A defense attorney involved in the 1993 extortion case will also
be present. So Mesereau is not alone--tho he is when it comes to
2005. But then, hasn't he always?

This is weird.

how the hell can MJs cases be discussed as a seminar knowing that the 1993 case was MEGA (media) CONSPIRACY - with the taped phone calls of Evan Chandler conspiring against Michael!

Is Mesereau aware of these phone calls? He SHOULD present them as a part of evidence!
There was NO evidence, and the only victim was Michael!

In 2003 there was the same pattern of conspiracy, the same players involved in the "accusations"!

Why the hell nobody points this out as - proof!

trial-players.JPG

To say that all of Michael Jackson's enemies have converged in Santa Barbara might be an understatement. Contrary to the flimsy observations of the likes of paperboy Dan Abrams of 'The Dan Abrams Show' as well as those of media ho Diane Dimond, this is a setup, folks. Just take a look at our chart below. One would have to suffer from cataracts not to see the 'pattern' of conspiracy perpetrated against Jackson, not by him.

When persons involved with this project first resolved to do it, we took it on with the sole purpose of reporting what mainstreaming media appears to be afraid to report. For reasons still not clear (alright we think we know why), few if any news/media outlets have even touched on the subject of the suspicious involvement of virtually the same players from the 1993 allegations in the latest case against Mr. Jackson. It is our hope that persons reading this report will take the time to ponder what we have found, process the information, and decide for themselves. We are particularly hopeful that journalists interested in reporting the story as objectively as possible will consider this modest offering and perhaps decide to investigate both sides of the case for themselves. All we can do is hope.

Sneddon and the Chandlers

(1) District Attorney Tom Sneddon, who attempted to bring charges against Michael Jackson in 1993 and who is now prosecuting the current case against Jackson, is on the faculty at the Santa Barbara College of Law. Ray Chandler, (2-3) the uncle of the boy who accused Jackson of sexual abuse in 1993, studied law at the Santa Barbara College of Law and is currently a real estate lawyer.

(4) Dave Schwartz, the stepfather of Jackson's first accuser, is the founder of Rent-a-Wreck, a car rental agency that is represented by the public relations firm Tellem. After Jackson was arrested in 2003, Tellem offered Tom Sneddon their services - for free.

The Chandlers' Former Attorneys and their Ability to Find 'Victims'

(5) Civil lawyer Larry Feldman represented Jordan Chandler, the boy who accused Michael Jackson of sexual abuse in 1993. (6) Feldman sent Jordan Chandler to see psychiatrist Stan Katz for an evaluation.

(7) In 1993, Jackson's former maid Blanca Francia was deposed by civil lawyer Larry Feldman for the Chandlers' lawsuit. In the deposition, Francia claimed to have seen Jackson act inappropriately with other children, including her own son. She later recanted these statements but members of the District Attorney's office often refer to Francia's son as an alleged victim of Jackson's.

(8.) After getting in contact with Larry Feldman, John Arvizo accused Michael Jackson of sexual abuse; the boy was then sent to see Dr. Katz (9). Note that less than four months earlier John Arvizo and his family had vehemently defended Jackson on numerous occasions.

Feldman is not the only former attorney for the Chandlers who can't seem to stay away from the Jackson case. (10) The Chandlers' first attorney Gloria Allred has also made it her life mission to seek out other accusers. We're sure her efforts are solely motivated by justice and have nothing to do with the cut of the settlement that she would inevitably receive if one of her clients were to successfully sue Jackson.

(11) In February 2003, after seeing a documentary that put a sinister spin on Jackson's relationship with John Arvizo, Gloria Allred contacted Tom Sneddon and demanded that he investigate Jackson. At the same time, 'media psychiatrist' Carole Lieberman also filed a complaint against Jackson. Sneddon responded to Allred and Lieberman's complaints by stating that although he would take the matter seriously, he could not reopen the Jackson case without a cooperative victim.

Months later, John Arvizo told Larry Feldman that Michael Jackson sexually abused him. Once again, Allred missed out on the opportunity to represent a Jackson accuser. As for Lieberman, she made sure to advertise on her website that she was the first psychiatrist to demand that Jackson be investigated.

(12) Not to be one upped by Feldman and Katz, Allred and Lieberman teamed up on another collaboration 'an accuser' named Daniel Kapone. After being treated by Dr. Lieberman, Kapone suddenly remembered having been abused by Jackson when he was just three years old. Once Lieberman helped him recover his 'repressed memories', Allred signed on as his attorney. Unfortunately for Allred and Lieberman, it was later determined that Kapone had never even met Michael Jackson.

1993: The Media

(13) During the 1993 case, many of Jackson's former employees cashed in on the allegations by selling salacious stories to the media. The most visible opportunist from the 1993 case was the aforementioned Blanca Francia, Jackson's former maid. She first sold her story to Diane Dimond during an interview on Hard Copy and later collaborated with Chilean journalist Victor Gutierrez on his book Michael Jackson was my Lover.

(14) Aside from providing Blanca Francia with a platform for her sensational stories, Gutierrez and Dimond had something else in common; they were both were sued by Jackson for spreading a false story about him in the mid-90s. During an interview on Hard Copy, Gutierrez claimed to have seen a videotape of Jackson molesting one of his nephews; Dimond later repeated his story on a local radio station. It was eventually proven that no such tape existed and Jackson filed a lawsuit against Gutierrez and Dimond for defamation of character.

2003: The Media

While the mainstream media has been collectively irresponsible in their coverage of the Jackson case, NBC seems particularly intent on ruining Jackson's reputation by hiring several well-known Jackson detractors to cover the case. The following people either have an axe to grind with Jackson, have spread false rumours about him in the past or have connections to the Santa Barbara District Attorney's office. Take a look:

(15) Despite the fact that Jackson sued her for spreading an irrefutably false story about him, NBC hired Diane Dimond to cover the Jackson case in 2003. (16) Dimond also admittedly receives information from the District Attorney's office and there has been much speculation regarding the nature of her relationship with Tom Sneddon.

(17) Tim Russert, the senior vice president of NBC News, is married to Maureen Orth, a journalist who has written three slanderous articles about Jackson for Vanity Fair magazine. Two of these articles were written about the case and were full of half-truths and rumours.

(18.) NBC hired Jim Thomas as a special analyst; Jim Thomas is admittedly good friends with Tom Sneddon.

(19) NBC produced two salacious Dateline NBC specials about the Jackson case. The most recent one featured interviews with Jim Thomas and Ray Chandler and was heavily slanted in favour of the prosecution's version of events. (20) The special was produced by none other than Victor Gutierrez, who was hired by NBC to cover the Jackson case even though he still owes Jackson $2.7 million dollars from a defamation of character lawsuit that Jackson filed and won against him. Conflict of interest anyone?

Gutierrez and the Chandlers

(21) Many have speculated that Victor Gutierrez collaborated with Evan Chandler, the father of Jackson's first accuser, to write Michael Jackson was my Lover. The book contains personal photographs of Jordan Chandler and court documents that only somebody directly involved in the case could possibly have access to.

(15) Victor Gutierrez and Ray Chandler recently worked together on the Dateline NBC special, which Gutierrez produced.

Conclusion

Is it merely a coincidence that all of the people who have accused Michael Jackson of acting inappropriately with a child are connected to one another? Every accuser, every professional who has worked with each accuser, every tabloid hack who has reported negative stories about Jackson - literally all of the players involved in both the 1993 case and the 2003 case are related to one another.

Is it a conspiracy?

Nah.

Last edited:
Taking Anthony Pellicano's advice, Jordan Chandler's stepfather Dave Schwartz recorded a telephone conversation that took place between him and Evan Chandler. On the tape, Chandler said:

"I had good communication with Michael. We were friends. I like him and I respect him and everything else for what he is. There was no reason why he had to stop calling me. I sat in the room one day and talked to Michael and told him exactly what I want out of this whole relationship. I've been rehearsed about what to say and not to say."

"[Jackson] broke up the family. [Jordan] has been seduced by this guy's power and money."

"I am prepared to move against Michael Jackson. It's already set. There are other people involved that are waiting for my phone call that are in certain positions. I've paid them to do it. Everything's going according to a certain plan that isn't just mine. Once I make that phone call, this guy is going to destroy everybody in sight in any devious, nasty, cruel way that he can do it. And I've given him full authority to do that."

"And if I go through with this, I win big-time. There's no way I lose. I've checked that inside out. I will get everything I want, and they will be destroyed forever. June will lose [custody of the son] and Michael's career will be over."

"[Jordan's welfare is] irrelevant to me. It's going to be bigger than all of us put together. The whole thing is going to crash down on everybody and destroy everybody in sight. It will be a massacre if I don't get what I want."

"This attorney I found, I picked the nastiest son of a bitch I could find. All he wants to do is get this out in the public as fast as he can, as big as he can, and humiliate as many people as he can. He's nasty, he's mean, he's very smart, and he's hungry for the publicity."

pathetic. free run now mj isnt here. i hate living in this world

pathetic. free run now mj isnt here. i hate living in this world

Can the estate do anything about this crap? or is the fact that Mesereau and Carl Douglas are there to speak on MJ's behalf supposed to make this neutral?

outside of Tmez and his team, there are a lot of snakes coming out of retirement to cash in on MJ, here.

Can the estate do anything about this crap? or is the fact that Mesereau and Carl Douglas are there to speak on MJ's behalf supposed to make this neutral?
what can you do. ppl can say what they want. free speech. they can only go after them if they blatently lie. no doubt zonen will say therye were 10 other kids that came forward but wouldnt cooperate. i just hope the media dont pick it up but us talking about it wont help with google etc

outside of Tmez and his team, there are a lot of snakes coming out of retirement to cash in on MJ, here.

yeap all these feckers needs to go play with the traffic

Mesereau knows the Arvizo case, but not sure he knows the specifics in the Chandler case to go up against this many morons who were involved. I guess he can bring Ray's book as proof it was blackmail against Michael and see what reaction he gets from the students and schemers alike J/K...lol I'm absolutely disgusted that all these a-holes are coming out now and wanting to open their mouths after Michael is deceased. After years of not speaking, it's a bit too late trying to cover their behinds now.

im sure mez is covered re 93. after all sneddon wanted to use it during 03 he had to be clued up on everything.not that it matters. they will all sprew lies and the haters will lap it up

Back