Michael Jackson: The Experience - Discussion News And Updates Thread

Re: 'Michael Jackson: The Experience' at Gamescom - UPDATES Pg1

I'm a bit tired of music/dance games.
There all pretty much the same and the fun don't last very long.

I think I'll let this one go, I'm not going to buy a bad game just because it has MJ in it.

I support the estate in making money for MJ's kids with MJ's name, but I won't support it if they release crappy material like a dancing game.
sure, instead you buy Invincible 4times because it's in reeeeeeeed and in bluuuuuuuuuueee and greeeeeeen...

Nope, I don't support that kind of marketing either.

I buy good games because I want to play them, not just to have them.
Same with cd's, I buy a cd 1 time because it's a good cd that I wan't to listen to, not 4 times because of a different cover.

Nope, I don't support that kind of marketing either.

I buy good games because I want to play them, not just to have them.
Same with cd's, I buy a cd 1 time because it's a good cd that I wan't to listen to, not 4 times because of a different cover.
I wasn't really serious.^^
I buy fun games, because they are entertaining and this MJ Game looks fun.

Michael Jackson The Experience Delayed

Kinect and Move dance games now shipping in 2011.
http://ds.ign.com/articles/111/1119727p1.html

Gamers itching to do the moonwalk in their living rooms will have to wait a little while longer.

Ubisoft confirmed to IGN this morning both the Move and Kinect versions of Michael Jackson The Experience will now ship in early 2011. The publisher said this move was done in part to allow its developers more time to polish the games.

"We're giving our teams more time to develop the Kinect and Move versions to ensure we deliver awesome experiences that take full advantage of the new technologies," a representative said.

Ubisoft did say, however, the Wii, DS and PSP versions of the game are still planned for this year and will ship on Nov. 23 in North America and Nov. 25 in Europe, Middle East and Asia.

michael-jackson-the-experience-20100818072423319_640w.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Michael Jackson The Experience Delayed

Hmm.. I guess it's for the best. The game may have felt rushed.

Maybe they are waiting for the new album to put some songs in the game?

I agree, I think this is for the best. Its good that they're taking time to perfect the game. I look forward to playing the kinect version next year! :)

Was kind of looking forward to playing this on Christmas day tbh. But oh well :\

I kinda figured this would happen, oh well. A better product is more important though. And please let's sign up for this site and attack these idiots calling MJ a pedo. I can't believe there are people out there who still subscribe to that crap.

I agree. Let them get this right, even if it takes more time.

Now okay, does this mean the new album could get delayed as well...?

That's a good thing it could really become a very good game now:) Previously I was afraid that it's just for making money in the christmas season but now I'm more optimistic^^
Even though I think it was mainly delayed because there are still some issues with the controlling systems especially with Kinect.

The same fate probably awaits the new album now. I expect a postponement or cancellation to come any day now.

damn! -.-"
I was hoping to have this year!

The same fate probably awaits the new album now. I expect a postponement or cancellation to come any day now.

How can they postpone or cancel anything when they haven't announced anything?!? LOL

^^ true dat! :lol:

Yeah, I guess you're right! I guess I should have said instead that the new album will become the music equivalent of "vaporware" : something that was once expected but just disappears without a trace.

I'm starting to get visions of the planned Highlander game here that ultimately never happend :( I know it probs won't happen to this game seeing as we've had previews already but I can't help but think of that

^^ hahaha...same here!

At least they are spending time perfecting the game, and not rushing it out for the christmas rush :)

How can they postpone or cancel anything when they haven't announced anything?!? LOL

The album was officially announced as coming in November a loooong time ago!
If the Vibe article is to be believed, the MJ estate confirmed November as the release date a few weeks ago.

BTW I agree the album is likely to be released next year. Just pointing out that it had been announced.

Now okay, does this mean the new album could get delayed as well...?

Why the game being delayed would have any affect on the new album? :scratch:They are two totally separate items and the reason for the game being delayed is very understandable, at least in my opinion.

September 11th, 2010: Michael Jackson game delayed on PS3, Xbox 360
gaming_michaeljacksongame.jpg

Michael Jackson: The Experience will not be released for PS3 and Xbox 360 until next year.

Developed by Ubisoft, the rhythm action title has been postponed to allow the development team more time to improve its Move and Kinect support.

"We're giving our teams more time to develop the Kinect and Move versions to ensure we deliver awesome experiences that take full advantage of the new technologies," a Ubisoft rep told IGN.

The game was originally slated to arrive on November 25 alongside its Wii, DS and PSP counterparts. It will still be released for the other platforms as intended.

UPDATE Sept. 12, 2010 (AP): Dance like Michael Jackson in new video game

mj_experience.jpg

MONTPELLIER, France — Moonwalking just like Michael Jackson will soon be possible for everyone with the launch later this year of the first video game dedicated to the star since his passing last year.

A game, developed under the watchful eye of Jackson's beneficiaries by French video game titan Ubisoft, will teach players to master the King of Pop's most famous dance moves.

Named "Michael Jackson: The Experience", the game is being produced by Ubisoft's French editor in his studios in Montpellier and Montreal with a team of around 200 people.

The version for the Wii console, which has been seen by AFP, sets the tone right from the start with background music from the star's many hit songs. In total there will be between 25 and 30 available in the final version.

In the early 1990s, Jackson was the star of a video game adapted from his 1988 "Moonwalker" film which involved players fighting supposed enemies of the star.

This game, however, invites the player to try to move like Jackson with points awarded for the most successful.

"We have looked at hundreds of hours of video and collaborated with choreographers, notably Travis Payne, who was involved in the preparation for the "This Is It" tour," for which Jackson was preparing at the time of his passing, said creative director Alkis Argyriadis.

Respect for the work of the singer, who sold more than 750 million albums worldwide and had 13 No. 1 singles, is guaranteed by a firm managing the interests of Jackson's beneficiaries including his three children, with whom Ubisoft is in contact.

"The attention to detail even extends to the length of the hem on the trousers.... (and) the famous white glove," said producer Abdelhak Elguess.

Some Jackson moves have, nonetheless, had to be modified to give players a realistic chance of replicating them, according to Argyriadis.

"Not everyone can dance as well as he could," he added.

A "dance school" made up of videos sets out his choreographies so that players can familiarise themselves with his body language.

The less gifted can take the role of one of Jackson's dancers.

Stephane Vallet, of Ubisoft Europe, said it takes "around two years to conceive a game" so the game was apparently already in the pipeline before Jackson passed.

Of the consoles, the game can be played on Nintendo's DS and Sony's Playstation 2 portable and will be available from November 23 in the United States and two days later in Europe and Asia.

But consumers will have to wait until the start of 2011 for Playstation 3 and Microsoft's Xbox 360.

A Los Angeles judge has set a January 2011 hearing to weigh whether there is sufficient evidence to prosecute Jackson's doctor Conrad Murray with involuntary manslaughter over his passing on July 25, 2009.

The 57-year-old doctor was charged in February this year after officials ruled that Jackson passed away after being injected with a powerful cocktail of sedatives and painkillers, including propofol.

The doctor, who was the last person to see Jackson alive, has admitted administering drugs to the singer to help him sleep shortly before his passing.

Source : Digital Spy / MJ data bank

Last edited:
Re: 'Michael Jackson: The Experience' DELAYED + Cover art - UPDATES Pg1

This looks amazing, even better than I expected, is it being released on Xbox?

Re: 'Michael Jackson: The Experience' DELAYED + Cover art - UPDATES Pg1 [Merged]

Think i might get the DS or PSP version in november, then get the main one PS3 when its released

Back